Narikaton und Darnussia Negotiations with Luthori

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: Narikaton und Darnussia Negotiations with Luthori

Postby Cirith » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Yes, we would need votes within our respective legislatures to gradually decrease the military at the Wall.

Perhaps this presented to both legislatures for voting;

RP: Joint Resolution of Luthori and Narikaton und Darnussia

The Patriots House of Luthori and the Bundestag of Narikaton und Darnussia do hereby recognise that peace is the ultimate goal between both nations, and that they both have a responsibility to facilitate this.

Therefore, both bodies do agree to the following;

-A reduction of military personnel at the 'Wall' to be scaled at 20% every year, for 5 years, until the 'Wall' is de-militarised.
-The removal of all weapons from checkpoints and crossings effective immediately.
-The withdrawal of all armoured vehicles, anti-aircraft, anti-tank and artillery weapons from the 'Wall', maintaining a distance of 2 miles.
-Joint military exercises will be conducted at the Wall annually in August, co-ordinated by the Ministries of Defence in both nations.
-Joint recreational activities will be undertaken regularly, co-ordinated by the Ministries of Defence in both nations.

At the end of the 5 year period, both nations shall meet in Fort William, Luthori, to discuss the dismantling of the 'Wall' and in Merengurg, Narikaton und Darnussia to discuss moving forward without the 'Wall'.

As for what is next, I believe a comprehensive agreement should be thrashed out between our teams, based on what we preliminary agreed should be included in this document, would you agree?

James Stinson
Luthori Foreign Secretary
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:00 pm

We would support that, if altered to 10% per year for the next five years, then continuing once a final deal is released -- primarily so as to make this more appealing to the Bundestag -- and if the article regarding checkpoints was changed to a removal of military personal -- some armed border agents may still be necessary, as in any airport or border.

If you agree to these changes we will present immediately.

Alexander Feigenbaum
Bundeskanzler
LP Leader
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Like so...

Alexander Feigenbaum
Bundeskanzler
LP Leader
Lead negotiator

RP: Joint Resolution of Luthori and Narikaton und Darnussia

The Patriots House of Luthori and the Bundestag of Narikaton und Darnussia do hereby recognise that peace is the ultimate goal between both nations, and that they both have a responsibility to facilitate this.

Therefore, both bodies do agree to the following;

-A reduction of military personnel at the 'Wall' to be scaled at 10% every year, for 5 years, until the 'Wall' is 50% de-militarised. If an overall deal is met, this should continue at a rate of 20% until all military forces are replaced by a joint civilian police border force.
-Ban on increases in military number effective immediately. Arms may still be present at checkpoints with a civilian police border force.
-The withdrawal of all armoured vehicles, anti-aircraft, anti-tank and artillery weapons from the 'Wall', maintaining a distance of 2 miles.
-Joint military exercises will be conducted at the Wall annually in August, co-ordinated by the Ministries of Defence in both nations.
-Joint recreational activities will be undertaken regularly, co-ordinated by the Ministries of Defence in both nations.

Once the Wall is de-militarised, both nations shall meet in Fort William, Luthori, to discuss the dismantling of the 'Wall' and in Merengurg, Narikaton und Darnussia to discuss moving forward without the 'Wall'.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Cirith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Agreeable, shall we?

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:56 pm

We'll put it to a vote immediately, though it will be delayed by the upcoming election.

Alexander Feigenbaum
Bundeskanzler
LP Leader
Lead Negotiator

lewiselder1

Postby Cirith » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 pm

In Luthori, the joint resolution looks set to pass.

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Wonderful. It is already passed in the Bundesrepublik.

Alexander Feigenbaum
Lead Negotiator
Liberale Partei
Bundeskanzler (for the time being)

lewiselder1

Postby Cirith » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:52 pm

It has passed, we welcome this first step. We shall order the 10% scaleback for this year, now.

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:19 pm

I'm afraid our party is set to collapse and the fascist Foreign Office has ordered us to abandon negotiations. Still if you wish to revisit this in future, I'm sure many will welcome it and the foundations are already there. I apologise for wasting a decade of our lives.

Alexander Feigenbaum
Lead Negotiator

lewiselder1

Previous

Return to Diplomacy