Official State Visit of Dorvik to Rutania

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Official State Visit of Dorvik to Rutania

Postby kj#2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Prime Minister Royce Blood and wife accompanied by Rutanian Foreign Affairs Committee member Bill Hightower and wife arrive for State Dinner

Everything is prepared and ready as Rutania prepares to welcome the delegation from Dorvik. State Chancellor Alder Drumpf and President Wolfgang Schmidt are expected to arrive representing Dorvik where they shall dine with and enjoy festivities. The officials from Dorvik will be joined by the 9 members of the Rutanian Foreign Affairs Committee, Prime Minister Royce Blood and President Hawley of Rutania. The occasion has been billed as a Fall feast. Reporters now eagerly await the arrival of the delegation from Dorvik.

Ball room in Vanderburg prepared for the Dorvik state visit.
Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

Re: Official State Visit of Dorvik to Rutania

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:06 pm

President of Dorvik, Wolfgang Schmidt

"A beatiful country," remarked President of Dorvik Wolfgang Schmidt as he arrived in Rutania today. Adler Drumpf, State Chancellor of Dorvik, also attended the short Formal Visit (the first in either of their careers). They were joined by a small entourage of assistants and staff.

The pair are both key figures in the controversial Republikanische Partei in Dorvik, which some have called far-right. They have also initiated plans to develop nuclear weapons.

They are expected to discuss some matters with Rutanian government in private.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby kj#2 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Prime Minister Royce Blood gifts President Schmidt with golden dragon pendant and State Chancellor Drumf with silver pendant (the dragon is the Rutanian National Animal)

Prime Minister Royce Blood speaking to the honored guest from Dorvik:

I am aware of some of the criticisms that some in Dorvik have attributed to President Schmidt and State Chancellor Drumpf, the hysteric allegations that of far right radicalism is something myself and my own party along with some other parties within Rutania face on a daily basis. I for one am glad to have great leaders like President Schmidt serving in leadership positions on the continent. Tradition must be given reverence and often its parties of the right that have to stand guard to protect tradition and the moral high ground.

Dorvik and Rutania are both coastal nations on this great continent, we have a shared interest in the sea, shipping, and freedom of trade on the seas. Dorvik has also always been seen as somewhat of a leader on this continent. As of late there has been alot of buzz in the media about the development of nuclear weapons in Dorvik, this is a cause of great concern for many. This continent has enjoyed peace and stability for decades now and that is something that we all of course would like to see continued. One thing I hope we can accomplish during our time together here is discussing greater cooperation on the continent, more diplomacy to prevent the specter of war. Dorvik is currently one of the few nations on the continent that isnt a member of the Artanian Union; Dorvik is however a member of the Artanian Intergovernmental Association Treaty (AIGAT). That summit was first held 100 years ago. I would like to propose holding a second summit to ease the fears of the community of nations on the continent. I would also like to begin a dialogue with Dorvik about your nations relationship with the Artanian Union
Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 pm

These gifts are incredible. I thank you dearly. It is good to speak to a reasonable individual who doesn't accuse us of fascism.

I can assure you, our nuclear weapons development is geared towards protection and safety. It is not for offensive, aggressive purposes. But we feel it is necessary, and nothing shall allay our resolve to develop these weapons.

We would agree to attending the summit. Peace is always desirable. With regards to the Artanian Union -- we voted no, we left, we're free and we're doing fine. I'd encourage anyone to do the same.
We totally oppose their influence, it's totally wrong.

Mid-speech, he is cut off by a phone call: an emergency has arisen in Dorvik.

I can only apologise. Please, speak to our wonderful President: however I'm afraid I myself will have to reconvene with you another time. I sincerely apologise. Contact me any time.

Adler Drumpf
State Chancellor of Dorvik
RP Co-Leader

OOC: Think everything's gone wrong back home in Dorvik for me, may have to cut this short, apologies!
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Return to Diplomacy