Last Likatonian Visit to World Congress

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Last Likatonian Visit to World Congress

Postby John Cracker » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:02 am

After Lexit has passed Sarah Hickens and the Liaktonian Delegation flew the the World Congress Building and gave a farewell speech before the General Assembly among the delegates that went with her were, Minister of Foreign Affairs Jepson Hayes, Minister of Defense Phillip Virgil, Former Pres. John Hamilton, Founder of the Conservative Republican Party John Cracker, and several other diplomates and delegates.

Farewell Speech:
I stand before the General Assembly today to announce our departure from the World Congress tomorrow. We have several reasons for our unexpected departure, first among many is the passing of binding trade sanctions against slave nations, Likatonia is not against slavery but many representatives have agreed a complete ban on trade would hurt Likatonias economy especially considering a slave nation borders Likatonia.

Another reason Likatonia wishes to leave is the Security Council, the fact that a handful of nations, half of which are permanent and unelected members, can pass binding resolutions is corrupt and un-democratic. We hope to be able to work with the World Congress as a sovereign nation and not an insignificant member. We do not wish to leave this great assembly of friends, but due to corrupt governing and a lack of representation in the World Congress we have come to this decision.

Therefore with great joy in my heart, and many tears in my eyes I must announce Likatonias departure from the World Congress.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Return to Diplomacy