1st 8E Summit

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Re: 1st 8E Summit

Postby Maxington » Mon May 04, 2020 11:04 am

"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Wu Han » Mon May 04, 2020 5:54 pm

Image Ms. Ayleen Basri, President of Jakania:
As we say in Jakania, "no use gabbing if you're not a goose," and so I will keep my address brief.

First, the Republic of Jakania is deeply concerned by unstable states and conflicts around the world. Aside from the grave humanitarian considerations, such conflicts affect global supply chains and have dire implications for international economic networks of production and consumption. I second many of the points raised by my Dorvish colleague with regard to piracy; as an oil exporting nation with some of the largest proven oil and gas reserves in the world, we take very seriously our ability to get our resources to market, and we shall defend at all costs our merchant fleet in so doing. We join our colleagues in calling on the World Congress to act decisively against piracy, and if they are unable then we must be prepared to act. Pirates cannot continue to live as maggots in caviar, riding high on the hog off ill-gotten gains.

Second, and with regard to conflict in Dovani, we are troubled by developments arising out of Bianjie, where an unstable government has intentionally put out false reports of genocide, only to retract them shortly later. The situation in Bianjie is as clear as dumpling water — the World Congress, again, must act to ascertain the details surrounding the despotic and rogue regime currently in power. It should be as easy as pulling a hair out of butter, and yet we still wait for clarity. We must ensure that the region remains stable such that international commerce can proceed unfettered. To this end, we're pleased to see the emergence and re-emergence of stable governments in Ostland, Hanzen and Xsampa among others.

Look, I'm sure this forum has other cats to whip, and so I won't prattle on much longer. I thank our Lourennian hosts for the opportunity to speak to you this afternoon. I want to conclude by urging the international community to move quickly in the realm of trade standardization and integration while continuing to come down hard on those who seek to exploit our fair trade. Through fully integrating our global market place, we can funnel investment directly into the heart of suffering: the developing world. As it has oft been said, free trade frees nations. Let's work together to liberate the world!

Thank you.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Maxington » Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 pm

"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Previous

Return to Diplomacy