Northern Council Special General Council (December, 4780)

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Northern Council Special General Council (December, 4780)

Postby Auditorii » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:29 pm

A special, closed door session of the General Council of the Northern Council was called to discuss the future of the organization. The invitation was extended to Hutori, Kazulia, Lourenne, Dolgavia, Keymon and Dorvik to discuss the future of the organization.

The SGC is taking place at the Northern Council HQ located in Benekial, Hutori.

I am glad to see the faces of many of us back again. It has been sometime since the General Council has operated in full. The select group of members have been called here to discuss the future of this organization and what we wish to make of it. It is no secret that the world has changed and I believe we need to discuss once again what our collective role is.

Rüdiger Lasker,
Permanent Representative to the Northern Council
Kingdom of Dorvik
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Northern Council Special General Council (December, 4780)

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:33 pm

Brian O'Shea
Assistant Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs of the Commonwealth
Interim Hutorian Ambassador to the Northern Council
Commonwealth of Hutori

Indeed. These chambers have been empty for far too long, and I was very glad to hear from the Dorvische Representative about this meeting.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Ànghelu Petru
Deputy Minister of Defense
Interim Ambassador to the Northern Council
Mad Dog Empire

It is good to once again enter these halls as an ally to the Northern Council. We hope to hear from the other invited delegates shortly.
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Luis1p » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Image Akna Xolulatl, Lourennais Royal Minister of International Affairs
Interim Ambassador to Northern Council

Greetings representatives and colleagues,

The United Kingdom is pleased to have received this invitation from the Dorvish Representative. We are eager to discuss the future of this prestigious organization and we hope to address the instability and regional tension present in the world.

With our newly elected administration and to continue asserting our foreign policy goals, we come to this meeting with an open mind and full of ideas for reform.
Luis1p

Postby Maxington » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:57 pm

Mark Bendtsen, Minister of State for Hemispheric Relations
Interim Permanent Representative to the Northern Council

I am personally delighted to be here and I do believe that there is important work to achieve at this time
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Auditorii » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:15 pm

While we wait for the Dolgavian representative to return I believe we can set the foundation for our discussions here. The Northern Council needs to rebuild its long lost status.

First and foremost I believe we need to rekindle much of our economic ties that we previously once had. We need to ensure that not only do we dominate politically and militarily, we need to dominate economically.

Second, we need to reinvigorate NORDIC operations.

Third, we need to discuss the rebuilding of multi national exercises in all fields, notably military.

Our goal as it always has been is to provide for a safer, more secure world for every Terran citizen. This council has always been a force for good and it needs to continue to be a force for good.

Rüdiger Lasker,
Permanent Representative to the Northern Council
Kingdom of Dorvik
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:21 pm

Brian O'Shea
Interim Hutorian Ambassador to the Northern Council

Thank you Herr Lasker

We couldn't agree more. At one point the Northern Council Treaty Organization was considered the most powerful military, economic and political bloc on the face of Terra. That it has long since gone to the wayside as allowed upstart southern nations to attempt to claim they are the future. If we are to secure our prosperity and that of Terra's we must rebuild all that we once had.

The Economic ties that we once had constitued one of the largest free trade blocs in Terra. While individually many of us have free trade agreements with one another, it would be within our interest to rebuild that bloc we once had.

NORDIC operations go without saying. Thus far, Dorvik, Kazullia, Lourenne and Hutori provide the mainstay of these operations. But being able to cover the entire northern hemisphere in this net would prove to the world we are not to be taken lightly.

As for any military exercises, I would be interested in hearing more on reviving the old NOCTO exercises that made us one of the most intergrated and best commanded alliances in history.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:21 am

Dolgavian Representative to the Northern Coucil Zigmārs Salmiņš

Greetings,

I apologize for my tardiness, however my government and I are very pleased with the reactivation of the Northern Council. I can say that I thank the NC for inviting Dolgavia to this conference. This is coming at a perfect timing. Tensions rise around Terra. Keymon is actively taunted and threatened numerous times with annexation. A lack of motivation to intervene in conflict in the Security Council, yes this is a perfect time to take action. We welcome this decision and we welcome all the members in this chamber,

Thank You
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:48 am

Image Akna Xolulatl, Lourennais Royal Minister of International Affairs
Interim Ambassador to Northern Council

Colleagues and Représentatives,

I'd like to present the United Kingdom's thoughts and ideas on the future of this organization and would like to open discussion on reforming or adding to the NOCTO treaty.

First, I'd like to begin discussion on the openness of the Northern Council. The United Kingdom believes membership to the council should be restricted to only nations in the Northern Hemisphere. On top of that, the number of nations in the council should also be extremely limited. We believe voting on the introduction of new member states should be done before they are to join the organization.

Secondly, we believe that security in the northern hemisphere must be. our main focus. We are seeing how unstable the southern hemisphere is. The southern meantime have not been more unstable. Warmongering nations only focused on diplomacy through military force. And nations who are only worried about false ideas of imperialism. This kind of thinking on the south will only destabilize security and peace. We must ensure as a group, that trade routes and public travel must be safe in the north, as the south reassess their political issues.

Third and last, we believe this organization should focus on peace guided by action. We need to assure that global peace is maintained through diplomacy and action. We cannot be hesitant when global peace is at risk. We must act diplomatically, act with tact, and with immediate action to ensure peace and security is maintained. We are open to achieve these goals through peaceful and secure means.

We'd like to open discussion on these proposals.
Last edited by Luis1p on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luis1p

Next

Return to Diplomacy