The Merenburg Conference

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

The Merenburg Conference

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:07 am

Representatives from the MSO and Pontesi are meeting in Merenburg, Narikaton and Darnussia to discuss an end to the crisis revolving around the death camps in Pontesi. Prime-Minister Hans Von Fritz has welcomed both sides to the country and has expressed his hope that a settlement can be reached. The Conference will be held in the old city hall of Merenburg.

To the esteemed representatives of Ponesi and the Majatran Security Organization, I welcome you to Merenburg. I also welcome the Dorvik representative as an observer. We are here to discuss a possible solution to the hostilities between both sides. However this will not be accomplished unless both sides respect each other and cooperate. To avoid conflict I, Franz Von Fritz will serve as a mediator for these talks. Before we start, I would like to thank both sides for agreeing to this and to Dorvik for sending an observer. Now the talks may begin.
NuclearGandhi69

Re: The Merenburg Conference

Postby Aethan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Esteemed members of this conference,

As the one chosen by the government of Selucia to represent our nation at this conference, I want to begin by describing the facts and events that have led to the current situation, so that there can be no manipulation:

First, the new Pontesian government, made up of members of the Republican Party of Pontesi, passed the following laws:
1. Civil Liberties bill (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639500): In it, the adoption of children by LGBT couples is prohibited, all government institutions are ordered to practice segregation, the recognition only of heterosexual marriages is ordered, segregation is ordered in educational institutions and women are forced to remain in their homes. houses, depriving them of labor rights.
2. Military bill (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639420): In it, the creation of paramilitary institutions under government control is allowed.
3. Immigration bill (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639418): In it, the Pontesian government prohibits giving any type of international aid, prohibits interracial sex and prohibits the entry of any type of refugee into the country.
4. Republican Party Health bill (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639295): In it, any type of abortion is prohibited.
5. Republican manifesto 2 (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639178): In it, homosexuals are denied the possibility of belonging to the army, reaching the point of actively seeking them; only individuals belonging to a certain race or religion are allowed to form part of the armed forces, the slavery of prisoners of war is allowed, strikes of any kind are prohibited and women are relegated to the background.
6. A New Constitution: In it, it is legalized that to access nationality, an individual must belong to a certain race or religion, which the government also requires to be registered.

In view of the approval of these laws, the government of Selucia decided to contact its neighbors, an action carried out by my predecessor in office, with the following message:

"Hon. Sophie Ghazaryan,

As Minister of Foreign Affairs of Selucia, I would like to advice you and your government against the late laws approved in your territory: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639500, http: // classic. particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=639499, http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639420, http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639418, http: //classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=639295, http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=639178, http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid= 639206.

We believe that these laws are an attack against the most basic human rights and attack any freedom of association, expression, and the very existence of us as free and complete individuals. It is for this reason that the government of Selucia warns that, if the government of Pontesi continues along that path, all trade with our nation will be interrupted, as well as the mobility of citizens of both nations, and the freezing of any bank account of high positions of the government of Pontesi present in our nation. In addition, we will file a formal complaint with the Security Council and the World Congress. Remind the Pontesi government further that Selucia is Pontesi's main trading partner, in addition to Terra's 10th most powerful economy.
Best regards,

Petra Scaurus
Praetor Peregrinus of Selucia "

Pontesi's foreign affairs minister's response was as follows:

"Pontesi has the right to vote in laws in whichever fashion, We dont believe in Selucia interfering in the political affairs of Pontesi, We have stimulated our economy through cutting taxes and enslaving the ethnic minorities in Pontesi. You can have your disgusting citizens back if you want. "

As can be seen from this moment on, the intention of the Pontesian government is clear: it considers that in its nation there are minorities who deserve what is happening to them, and who deserve to be enslaved. In view of all of you is. Selucia tried to carry out the diplomatic channel, but from that point it was clear that there was no going back. And not only that, but the Pontesian government decided to seek a new enemy: Selucia. Under the denominations of "animals" and other qualifiers, the President of Pontesi assured that the citizens of Selucia would face the death camps. (viewtopic.php?p=169802#p169802).

It is then when the government of Selucia decides to act more forcefully, publishing an official statement signed by the two Consulates of Selucia in which Pontesi is warned to think carefully about his following actions due to the consequences they may have (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585&start=990#p169819). The Pontesian government decides to threaten the citizens of Selucia because it has decided not to tolerate a cut in fundamental rights and freedoms, while Pontesi forgets its own history and how, over the centuries, Selucia has been the nation that has helped them time and again to overcome the economic and social difficulties that have befallen them.

Thus, as all of you here present can observe, the Selucian government did not warn once, but twice, of the consequences that Pontesi could face of going ahead with such barbaric laws, to which Pontesi responded with threats of death to our own citizens.

At this time, many countries showed their immediate support for Selucia, countries like Dorvik, Badara, Deltaria o Dolgava, to which we greatly and publicly thank this fact, because we believe that in the face of dictatorships and totalitarian and bloody regimes there can be no room for equidistance.

Pontesi, again, set a new enemy: "Communist Allliance threat in Majatra". Charged with interfering in the internal affairs of a nation by preventing it from carrying out "the purification of its nations", the Prime Minister of Pontesi published the priority list for those who would be executed in concentration camps (http: / /forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?p=169861#p169861) which specifically included Selucian citizens.

Members of this meeting: the patience of the citizens of Selucia is very great, our tolerance too, but our respect for human rights is even greater, and we cannot stand idly by while putting the lives of our fellow citizens in danger to defend the most basic human freedoms. Fortunately, the Selucian government managed to repatriate almost all of its fellow citizens in Pontesi, but we have evidence that we are missing at least 6 Selucian families on Pontesi soil. First of all, we demand to know his exact whereabouts and destination. And secondly, knowing that they have suffered any harm, we ask that there be consequences.

The facts are before the eyes of the international community and the representatives present here.

Ptolemocratia Fadia Nemesius
Praetor Peregrinus of Selucia
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Rafland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:43 pm

Representative, Arthur Karapetyan (Pontesi hanrapetut'yun)

The Selucian government through centuries and millennials have dominated Pontesi in its entire history. The past Pontesian government has sold Pontesi to those pagan Selucians but no more! As you can see in this conference, the Selucian government has failed to mention a SINGLE option for compromise. We believe in the deal from Yingdala, which is the richest country in the world to simply stop the death camps which have killed so many animals, in return for billions in investment. We dont need Pontesi to be the slaves of the Selucians no more. We have a new partner now and that is Yingdala. This can be my ONLY compromise to any nation. Investment in Pontesi= No death camps. Its pretty simple. With the attitude of Selucia, I'm very reluctant to even mention the whereabouts of those 6 animal families. So here is my ultimatum to the Selucian goverment:

1) Either compromise properly, as an example of what I said above.
2) Or those six Selucian families will be history.

I now wait for a reply from representatives of other nations on this.
Rafland

Postby Auditorii » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:51 pm

The Kingdom's presence here is representative of the Northern Council, currently intervening to halt a potential genocide in Hobrazia and a world leader. What I can say is that Pontesi has largely been in the hands of Pontesians, the Arev Mardik, for several decades, so the assumption that Selucia is somehow "controlling" Pontesi concerns both the Kingdom and the members of the Northern Council. The Kingdom re-calls the rise of Arev Mardik leadership in Pontesi several decades ago with the titular Pontesi Republican Party sweeping national elections. The Kingdom in good faith can't state that anything Selucia has said is wrong or incorrect, nor should they be offering "compromise" when the Pontesian government is clearly not interested in compromise.

Ulrich Hebrang,
Deputy General-Plenipotentiary (Deputy Permanent Representative) to the Northern Council
Kingdom of Dorvik
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rafland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Representative, Arthur Karapetyan (Pontesi hanrapetut'yun)

I must say that the Dorvik representative is completely wrong and out of touch of the situation currently. As a whole history of Pontesi it has been governed by the former slave owners of Pontesi. I would like to remind everyone that if members misread what I said its that I'm the only person in this conference now asking for compromise right now and that the other sides ONLY solution is to destroy or "wipe Pontesi off the map". Now they have the audacity to pick on Yingdala, for these people they are the only nation who have given us a logical solution to this so-called "Pontesian crisis". Pontesians are happy right now not seeing any animals crawling on the streets of Pontesi. Sure loud noises can be heard from those death camps but I simply give two options to the opposition:

1)Compromise
2)Back off out of Pontesian internal affairs

I remind everyone that Yingdala is giving the only solution, the rest of the nations against Pontesi are acting like a terrorist, because Pontesi has no interest for war except the Selucians who are looosing their grip of Pontesi. Hail Pontesi! Hail to the spread of this new form of Fascism!
Rafland

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:51 pm

Franz Von Fritz, Narikaton and Darnussia,

From what has been shown so far, the following has been deduced.

1) It is clear that Pontesi has had enough of Selucians meddling in Pontesi. However, Pontesi so far has failed to show any evidence of this. If these accusations are to have merit, we would like to see the evidence.

2) Pontesi seeks a compromise. We ask Pontesi to state, what exactly they want a compromise on.

I believe that once these two things are settled, a settlement will be closer.
NuclearGandhi69

Postby Rafland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Representative Arthur Karapetyan Pontesi hanrapetut'yun (Pontesi)
The parties dominating Pontesian politics for a while not long ago are these two parties Selucian national yeudish party and the
Optimates / Lav Tghamardik. We first like to ask other representatives to tell what their compromise is. We still ask for the ending on death camps in return for billions of your money. Yingdala said yes to this. So who else wants to join on this excellent deal?
Rafland

Postby Rafland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:48 pm

Representative Arthur Karapetyan Pontesi hanrapetut'yun (Pontesi)

I would like to say becuase of international critisism that the Yingdalan government has withdrawn from its deal with me. Therefore, death camps will continue across Pontesi whether we like it or not. As for priority groups, Communists Anti-government and Ahmadists are being slaughtered in these camps as we speak. The beginning of thousands of years of Pontesi has begun. Long live Fascism! All hail Fascism! All hail Pontesi!
Rafland

Postby abrist » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Daniele Mancini, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Repubblica Istaliana
Representatives,
We are facing a situation Majatara has never faced in it's history. Our actions will set future guidelines for the children of Majatarans. We ask the members to reach compromises. The last thing Majtara needs right now is genocide and war.
We first ask the representatives to separate the internal affairs of Pontesi and the threath to Selucian and other citizens.
We are in no place to criticize the laws Pontesi set, even if we do not like them they have the right to expell homosexuals from the military and to allow segregation. This is Pontesi's internal affair. We mentioned it earlier that the MSO has no right to punish members because they think differently.
However we can not ignore the fact that Pontesi poses a threat to Selucian citizens and the country's regime is setting up a genocide.
We support the current proposal set by the MSO that the start of the camps is delayed and each country can rescue their citizens. We must realize that there is nothing that stops Pontesi and no one would benefit from a war. In this situation Pontesi has the upper hand and the best thing we can do is to accept the compromises and save as many lives as possibble.
abrist

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm

Franz Von Fritz, Narikaton and Darnussia,

It is unfortunate that Yingdala has left the agreement as it would have bought more time to the people about to be sent to these camps. So I, Franz Von Fritz would ask Pontesi to refrain from opening the camps while these talks are in action.
NuclearGandhi69

Next

Return to Diplomacy