A Course of Baguettes and Hummus (Beiteynu-Lourenne Meeting)

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

A Course of Baguettes and Hummus (Beiteynu-Lourenne Meeting)

Postby Luis1p » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:21 pm

The purpose of this thread is to "publicize" some of the official discussions between the Medinat Department (Beiteynu) and the Royal Ministry of International Affairs (Lourenne). It is meant to be light-hearted and give an insight to the current geopolitical landscape through official "conversations". Nations may be invited to these meetings, but it is currently only between Lourenne and Beiteynu.

These conversations are disclosed and therefore cannot be "uncovered". The conference is meant to be in a First-Person point of view.
Luis1p

Re: A Course of Baguettes and Hummus (Beiteynu-Lourenne Meeting)

Postby Luis1p » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:26 pm

Avienne-les-Baines, Lourenne | Avienne Hotel Resort, 2:00 PM

"Gah, these chairs hurt my ass. The cushion is starting to get old" - Looks to assistant- "Get me a negroni please. Spagliato. With prosecco in it, if you will."

"Certainly sir."

A figure stands outside the Hall of Peace doors. The Hall of Peace, used for several international conferences and peace accords, is now the location of a tense conversation.

"Send the delegation in." Forestier stands, knees weak and palms sweaty. An unexpected task for a new Royal Minister.

"Ah Mister Avodi, please sit. Welcome to Avienne."
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:02 pm

Avodi looked at a scribbled note hastily.

"Ah, Mesie Forestier! Cest oun ... honneur de vou ... rencontre ... (r)!". Palms sweaty, hoping the man didn't notice.

"Here is an excellent piece of Luthorian Yeudovski Jewellery. A gift from Meleh Elias Ishmael IV mon ... ser ami!"

"I brought hummus!"
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Luis1p » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:15 pm

*Looks at a crumpled paper in Avodi's hand, and quickly looks back up and down.*

"My my! I give my sincere thanks to Meleh Elias Ishmael. May he reign in glory. This will go well in the Royal Vaults with all our other collections.

Now, Monsieur, I see you're practicing your Canrillaise, please....sit. We have much to discuss sir. I understand you were sent a letter from the High Chancellor. I am here to represent Her Excellency as well as the entire Royal Government.

I must say the Palace of Oisy and IRSA have had quite a headache monitoring the Migrant's Pass debates. Tell me sir, what exactly will Beiteynu do? Our Artanian allies are in disarray--and frankly, Beiteynu as well. What say you?"
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:31 pm

"We do, we do", Sneakyeth waived off the 2 men of the Sohnout Hashaet.

"Yes, the Office of the Rosh HaMemshala received such a notice. We assumed it had to do with the unfolding events on our supranational fleet in Hanzen, not the Migrant's Pass. I guess I have to amend my statement upon my return to the homeland, but in disarray? Good heavens no mesie, Majatra is fine".

"Well, I don't know what to tell you. We keep wondering how would Fort William take it if the tables were turned".

"Do you have any good coffee?", he smiled, unblinking.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Luis1p » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:50 pm

"Marcel, fetch us some cafe au lait, Si'l te plait.", he waves off Marcel to the kitchen.

We ethically source our coffee from the richest fields in Dovani. Only the cleanest, and purest coffee may be sold in Lourenne. Expensive, but we hold true to ethics in our coffee........as well as our politics.

*Forestier, eats hummus, hides a retch, and sips on his coffee.*

"Please excuse me yes, we should speak of the fleet in Hanzen. It appears Artanian unity, or whatever they call it, seems to have drowned out anything else meaningful. We grow suspicious, Monsieur. we do not understand Beiteynu's absence from Hanzen. Of course, the United Kingdom has decided to help Hanzen, but I am afraid this may have implications.

We cannot agree to an intervention from Fort William. We simply cannot. We will expel them just as well expel our bad coffee...sir."
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:33 am

Sneakyeth barely heard the man. He had lost him on au lait. Wasn't that milk?

Coffee arrived, took a sip. Horseshit.

"Now, if we ever get a chance to offer Yeudish hospitality you will also taste the exquisite bitterness and crystal aftertaste of Ahmadi coffee! It's one of its kind and the most popular of all coffee blends in Beiteynu!".

"On our issues at hand", he casually pushed away the cup, trying his best not to look at it with disgust.

"You know very well Noah Kadiyot never had any real policy for Dovani except Gongmangdo and Eroncourt; you know this. I got the Benowitzes up my ass every week reminding me how precious the Vamaj is and how I should take caution not to anger Vascania.

So, what do you expect me to do?

These bumpkins made a mess out of it, I couldn't sleep for weeks, then Fort William casually condemns?! Way to toss a few billions down Bannerhafen's drain. Now I got to sit with my hands tied as these assholes get the better of us. Holy goat, don't even get me started on the Khan!

Kasaema wants to pull out. The Hanzenese ambassador was pulled out. Then Fort William goes in?!

So, really, what can I do about it?

End up like Noah? A gun to my head by a Benowitz?"
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:34 pm

*The room rests in silence. Forestier stares at Avodi, with a look of deep thought*

"Well friend, I think we may be able to make a strong standing from this. I think its clear that none of us want Fort William around. Their negotiations and standing have made us very cautious of them. As always. Here's what I think: We ought to split up our approach."

"I understand that your policy did not involve anything outside of Gongmando and Eroncourt. We'd like to keep that. I will ensure that the Palace of Oisy keeps Luthori out of the region. We do not see a path for them here. We will summon Yingdala if need be. However, Yingdala only has history to back them up--we will put in the rest of the necessary power to keep Artanians out.

"You must ensure Beiteynu continues to operate its Vamaj network. It is crucial. therefore, you must trust Dovani in our hands. You know what this means. This is a game of wins and losses. Currently, we must be the loser and leave Hanzen. We will only stay however long is necessary, e also don't want to show aggression."
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:22 pm

Sneakyeth chuckled in misery.

"We have no leg to stand on. And I can't exactly save face. We're cozying up to you and goddamn Vascania. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it."

He drank from the cafe o le and tried to hide a grimace with no success.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:35 pm

"What about that carrier?", he interjected.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Next

Return to Diplomacy