Aethansk Summit on a Joint Artanian Security Alliance

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Aethansk Summit on a Joint Artanian Security Alliance

Postby hyraemous » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:19 pm

Frantzisko Bidanda, Foreign Minister of the Kundrati Union

Hello delegates.

Today you all have the honour of being on the stage of the future. Where Artanians will look back at the past of imperialists and ruin and look forward to an age of cooperation and happiness through the hard work of Artanians. That future shall be achieved here in this room and in this city, which has specifically been picked because it was the most damaged city of the Kundrati Emergency, our recent civil war. This city was almost completely destroyed, tertiated, gutted, whatever you may say, and yet we have rebuilt it with our own bare hands.

Artania was destroyed, tertiated, gutted, whatever you may call it, over the fifty five centuries we have struggled together upon. Empires risen and fallen, lives born and lost in many generations by many players writing histories upon rooms just like this. Yet we share a common continent, we understand each other's languages, and through this path shall we prosper together.

Now, I have spoken for long enough. I hope you take not only my words and my representatives' words carefully throughout the summit, but also the words of your representatives and the many people that got us through this day. Let us forge this alliance with understanding and a common community. Thank you all.

Welcome to the Aethansk Summit on a Joint Artanian Security Alliance.
This summit is meant to add on to the original JASA treaty with various additional articles that will be contributed by the members of this summit. The summit will last from 1 June 5450 to 30 June 5450 however with a simple majority vote the end date can be moved closer.

Any articles passed by this summit will be added on to the addendum treaty. Signatories of the two treaties will be considered full JASA members and will be allowed to participate in JASA summits and events.

ARTANIAN NATIONS and REPRESENTATIVES:
These representatives are allowed to speak on their nation's behalf. Those marked with an asterisk behind their names have already signed on to the first JASA treaty and therefore can vote (nations who express their wish to join the JASA in this summit or beforehand will be given an arrow sign and be allowed to vote):
*Aloria:
Beluzia:
Dorvik:
*Dundorf: Foreign Minister Bruno Stachel
Endralon: refused
Hobrazia:
Ikradon:
Keymon:
*Kirlawa: Aire Gnóthaí Eachtracha Naoise Devlin
*Kundrati: Alan Ilusk, Representative of the Kundrati Union
^Luthori:
^Malivia:
Narikaton and Darnussia: Jeff von Rechner, Member of the Dual-Republican Diplomatic Corp
Rutania:

FOREIGN NATIONS and REPRESENTATIVES:
These nations will be treated only as observers and will not be given the right to vote or speak in this summit except for introductions (by replying back to this message).
Beiteynu: Sneakyeth Avodi, Head of the Medinat Department
Lourenne: Florencia de Orléans-Vasser y Montalivet, Royal Ambassador to Artanian Nations

This event is open to all nations for the purpose of transparency. Where needed, certain sections of the meeting can be closed if agreed on by a majority of Artanian nations.
Last edited by hyraemous on Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Re: Aethansk Summit on a Joint Artanian Security Alliance

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:23 pm

Sneakyeth Avodi, Head of the Medinat Department, Homeland State of Beiteynu

Beiteynu, as an observer from Majatra and a member state of the MSCO.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Luis1p » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:37 pm

Image Florencia de Orléans-Vasser y Montalivet, Royal Ambassador to Artanian Nations, Royaume Uni de Lourenne
Lourenne, as an observer from Dovani, representing the interests of Canrille and the Dunburg-Eroncourt alliance.
Luis1p

Postby Mbites » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:46 pm

Jeff von Rechner, Member of the Dual-Republican Diplomatic Corp
Narikaton & Darnussia, as an observer from Artania.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby Drax » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:50 pm

Foreign Minister Bruno Stachel, Bundesrepublik Dundorf:

I am attending this conference represeniting Bundesrepublik Dundorf.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Nileowen_ » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 pm

Aire Gnóthaí Eachtracha Naoise Devlin, Poblacht na Choiarlabhan:
Kirlawa, as an Artanian signatory.
John 8:32 (DRA)
"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Nileowen_

Postby robmark0000 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:50 pm

Miksa Boros-Reinhardt
Grand Director of Barbaric Affairs and Cosmopolitan Agitation of the Third Directorial Republic of Endralon

Artania, as every other continent, needs to abandon the inhumane, tribal and dangerous ways of nationalist egoism it so eagerly follows currently and must embrace Adelist philosophy to redeem itself. Then, imperialism will truly end, liberal democracy will triumph and humanity will prevail over barbarism. We are not able to join this treaty for that would mean legitimizing the current rotten order in Artania, an order that is based on the balance of power between nation-states.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby hyraemous » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:13 pm

Alan Ilusk, Representative of the Kundrati Union

Let us begin this summit, and I thank all the representatives of Artania and the Beiteynuese and Lourenneaise representatives for participating. The Endralonian comments are recognized.

I would like to ask the members of this summit if the current treaty is currently satisfiable, and if there are any suggestions regarding the treaty as a whole before we begin with adding on.
hyraemous

Postby hyraemous » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:41 pm

Alan Ilusk, Representative of the Kundrati Union

I do have an idea rgarding situations that may come up where nations may attempt to use Article 4 to bring other members in a situation where the nation is primarily the aggressor in. I would also like to include a clause regarding conflict between member states. The following proposal is as follows:

Article 5
Article 5.1: In the event that a member state is directly involved in a situation which later transforms into one which may require a JRF, the special session which convenes as a result shall allow the option of non-involvement which can be agreed to by a simple majority
Article 5.1.1: A member state is defined as directly involved when the member directly attacks another nation or their exclusive economic zone, or becomes directly involved in the political or military affairs of another nation, or is militarily involved in the affairs of a member state through other means, or uses their resources to interfere with the peace and security of a region.

Article 6
Article 6.1: In the event that a member state directly attacks another member state, the attacking member state is immediately suspended until a session is held to determine the situation, the future of the member state(s) in question, and if further response is necessary
Article 6.1.2: Article 4.1 shall apply to determine the threshold for a direct attack
Article 6.2: Should a member state get involved in the non-military affairs of other member states or perform actions which may threaten the integrity of the Joint Artanian Council or threaten the peace and security of the Artanian continent or other continents, the affected member states can call an Article 3 Session and the option of a JASHF shall become available for a necessary duration to be decided at the council
hyraemous

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:35 am

Image Randolph Matthews, Special Representative of the Holy Luthori Empire to the Aethansk Summit

Luthori will be here.

Yet, I want to draw the effort of this conference towards the conflict within one of JASA's members state, the one being Kirlawa. Due to a military coup in the country, the country in question have begun to do some internationnaly doubtious things, especially with chemical weapons. I want to draw the attention of the conference on what JASA could do, united, to end this foe.

I yield the floor. Besides, a Luthorian response to the crisis should be excepted very shortly.
Image Luthori, Image Hulstria
Constitutional Democratic Union, Hosian-Dermcratic Union
Controller of the Luthorian Monarchy (House of Orange-Villayn Armstead)
Robert F. Kennedy

Next

Return to Diplomacy