Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Bekenial Dispatch

Postby Apulia-2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:09 pm

Sir Francis Reardon Endorses New Government

Sir Francis Reardon, Former President of Hutori, stands aside President John William Henry

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- Sir Francis Reardon, founder of the United Hutori party, joined President John William Henry for a new years' celebration at 24 Orange Avenue, the President's manor. "I am completely in favor of every policy that has so far been proposed," Reardon said in a joint press conference with Henry. "Hutori is uniting under a United Hutori led government, with a United Hutori president. Times are favorable."

Prime Minister Alexander Urquhart (UH-KE) has been dutifully pushing legislation through on the key issues of United Hutori, including increased local autonomy and liberalization of the economy. Urquhart is reportedly working with Finance Minister Arthur Belami (UH-RO) to create a new tax and budget plan.

President Henry will be giving his State of the Republic address soon, and is expected to address issues of foreign policy relating to the Progressive Conservative bill which will allow for more covert operations overseas.
National Monarchist Party of Hutori

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"
Apulia-2

Proletarians to Support United Hutori Next Election

Postby TheCollectivist » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:27 pm

November 4194

The 78-year-old Proletarian leader, Tiege Varnham, has stated in a recent meeting with members of the Hutorian Proletarian Council (HPC) - the legislative arm of the party - that his party has decided to endorse United Hutori's presidential candidate again for the next election:

Tiege Varnham wrote:After much debate, we have unanimously decided to endorse the presidential candidate for United Hutori, John William Henry, for the upcoming election and beyond unless stated otherwise. We were great fans of Francis Reardon and with United Hutori recently proposing multiple local autonomy bills, it has re-secured our confidence for their party's leadership. While we recognize our recent cabinet gains as temporary, we still appreciate the acceptance from United Hutori.

Sir Francis Reardon, the former leader of United Hutori, proved to be popular among Proletarians, who endorsed him throughout his presidential campaigns. When Reardon retired, relations between the Proletarians and United Hutori began to part, with the Proletarians eventually pulling their endorsement for the party. According to Varnham, Reardon is highly regarded among Proletarians and is viewed as the man who successfully managed to unite the "political bottom":

Varnham wrote:Reardon was an extremely tolerable competitor, he saw the political divide for what it was: between the top who want centralization and the bottom who want autonomy. We want to make it very clear to those misguided out there: our party has no issue with capitalists, provided they support local autonomy just as we do. Local autonomy is the key issue here. Without the ability for locals to decide their own policies, they are practically disenfranchised. While the unitarists view centralization as a form of strength, it is really a weakness. It is better to be a united country of autonomous, self-sufficient states than a united country of dependent satellite states.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby Apulia-2 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:18 pm

JWH: "Hutori Stands United"

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- In his final State of the Republic address before the National Senate, President John William Henry was optimistic, calling upon successful legislation such as his flurry of Home Rule Acts, designed to bring in a new era of federalism in Hutori. "Just as Former President Reardon had in his time the Home Rule Bills which took power away from the executive, the Home Rule Acts will go down in the history of this nation as promoting the most important value in the history of this nation: Federalism."

President Henry also outlined his belief in the power of non-intervention in foreign affairs. "There was a time in Hutorian history when United Hutori's predecessor, the Liberal Democratic Party, stood alone against a horde of dogs of war. It was by the Grace of God and through constant vigilance that we stayed out of foreign wars. I have ensured peace and prosperity for this great nation by a simple concept: Hutori First."

As it was his last State of the Republic Address as President for this term, President Henry also took a moment to thank the cabinet ministers. "I must thank first of all Prime Minister Urquhart, who has ensured that a Hutori First cabinet has reigned. I also thank our Minister of Defense for keeping our shores safe, and our Minister of Internal Affairs for keeping our home secure. I must especially thank Arthur Belami, the Minister of Finance, for ensuring that Hutori's government sprawl has been slowed. Today, my friends, Hutori Stands United, because of the hard work of those in government."

Following the speech, it has been circulated that Prime Minister Alexander Urquhart (UH-KE), a man of advanced age, may be considering retirement for his health. Likewise, Arthur Belami (UH-RO), the Minister of Finance, is the favorite to replace him.

Apulia-2

Postby Conser » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Joseph Murphy take back the presidency ''We have stopped the bleeding of our nation''

After winning the first election round with a 13% more votes than his opponent, Joseph murphy finally defeated John William Henry during the second round of the presidential election.

''We can be proud of ourselves. We have stopped the bleeding of our nation. We have finally put a a end to the horrible presidency of John William Henry. Now, it's time for us to repair all the damages that he and his government has done to our beautiful country''

The new president had also talked about his intention to improve the relationship between Hutori and his allies ''During the next four years, I will re-build and improve the relation that we have with our allies. Clearly, the last government have completly ruined our diplomacy with all their Hutori First nonsense. ''

No one know how thing's will turnout for Joseph Murphy. If indeed he won the presidency, his party is still in minority in the senate and the other parties that could help him filling his majority seems to disagree with him on many things. Many experts have even doubted that the President and the NPP could be able to form a cabinet. Only the futur could tell us if President Murphy will be able to create a government.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Apulia-2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:54 am

"United Hutori Remains Strong" says President Belami

President Belami (right) speaks with the former President Sir Francis Reardon

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- President Arthur Belami gave a press conference following his cabinet appointments where he appeared glowing. Belami had recently also met with Sir Francis Reardon, and believed that his party will continue to dominate politics in Hutori. "United Hutori remains strong. We are the only feasible alternative to the National Progress Party."

Belami and his Prime Minister, Nicolas Leon, took over the party following John William Henry's defeat in the 4197 elections. "It was time for a change, we knew it," Belami said. Arthur Belami was Finance Minister responsible for successful budget and tax plans, and Fmr. Prime Minister Alexander Urquhart engineered a coup against former President Henry in order to take back the reins.

Urquhart died soon after, after insisting that he remain on as Leader of United Hutori despite his advanced age and frail condition. He was replaced with outsider Nicolas Leon (UH-FA), an investment banker who had close ties to the former John William Henry administration as an economic adviser.

Leon and Belami hope to position Hutori as a non-interventionist, free market economy which will influence other countries via the economy rather than by military strength.

Apulia-2

Postby Conser » Tue May 02, 2017 5:54 am

Joseph Murphy surprisingly resigns from NPP leadership, Jason Burgole is chosen by the high council of the National Progress Party to be the new leader.

Joseph Murphy as shocked everyone by surprisingly announced his resignation as leader of the NPP. This announcement has surprised a lot of people because everybody thought that mister Murphy would be running for president during the 4105 election. But, the former president explained that he was becoming too old and that he didn't had the energy needed to face the crisis that was Hutori was facing right now. Obviously refering to the actual economic crisis.

After this announcing, an extraordinary meeting of the National Progress Party high council was convened to chose a new leader.

''We normaly don't proceed like that but our nation is facing a serious crisis and we don't have time to organise a election''
Said Christine Bates, former Prime Minister and granddaughter of the former President Alex Bates

During the meeting, all the 12 member of the NPP high council has unanimously support the nomination of Jason Burgole at the party's leadership. That means that Jason Burgole, the former minister of finance and former leader of the National Progress Party of Adelia, is the new leader of the NPP.

(Jason Burgole getting out of the high council meeting chamber)

M. Burgole refused to answered any question of the jounalists about his nomination and he simply said:
''Now, it's time to get down to real business''

Before leaving.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Proletarians Win Presidency for First Time in History

Postby TheCollectivist » Wed May 03, 2017 10:02 pm

June 4205

For the first time in the history of the Hutorian Proletarian Party (HPP), the party has won a narrow presidential election victory between them and the National Progress Party (NPP). The now president, Tiege Varnham, who has been the leader of the Proletarians for nearly six decades and is approaching 89 years of age. Despite his age, the Proletarians have assured the press that Varnham is of excellent health and is more than capable of serving the symbolic role of Hutori's president. As a result of his successful election, Varnham has released a speech:

Tiege Varnham wrote:I don't think anyone in this country can remember the last time it had a communist president, if ever. Nobody expected this result, especially us, but we are still prepared to do our part. I am an old, but capable man and I assure you that when my health prevents me from fulfilling my duties, I will not allow myself to burden our nation.

Personally, I find the idea that a single man can be the representative of nearly 100 million people preposterous. I do not believe that winning more than 50% of the presidential vote means I have a right to speak for you.

The Hutorian Proletarian Party will always stand firm in its support of the right to self-determination. We must abandon all concepts of forced unity and embrace the peaceful devolution of federal powers. It is the local person, not the federal bureaucrat that has a right to determine local policy. It is not any society's place to force its beliefs unto others. Let this presidential election stand for true unity, the unity of independent localities that respect each other's boundaries. Long live the emancipation of the citizen from centralization, the worker from parasitism, the environment from pollution, the intellect from lies and most of all, long live Hutori!

Tiege Varnham is the successor of the Proletarians' first leader and founder, Alfred Putnam. Like all members of the HPP, Varnham is a committed celibate, teetotaler and active worker, who does what he can on a cooperative ranch. Varnham, also like his party, supports political decentralization, while supporting the adoption of a syncretic form of communism by individual localities. Varnham has refused to accept any kind of state-sponsored bodyguards and receives equal protection from his party's paramilitary, the Hutorian Proletarian Guard. In addition, Varnham, like all other HPP politicians, donates any income from the government he receives for holding office to charity.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby Aberdeen » Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Hutorian National Party elect Alex White party leader

The Hutorian National Partty have returned to the political scene with a fresh leader for the job. Alex white as been elected leader of the party with an overwhelming majority of over 17,000 more votes than his opponent Owan Jackson.

I am honoured to have been chosen by HNP members to lead our great political party forward. I promise to do everything I can to take Hutori from strength to strength and to bring forward plans for major constitutional reform. The people deserve better. They have been let down by other parties. The only way to develop our nation is to bring change and that is what the HNP will strive to do. For now as an opposition party, we will do our best to hold the government to account, and we will work with Other parties to do that. Thank you.
HUTORIAN NATIONAL PARTY
'Working To Build A Better & Brighter Future'
Aberdeen

Postby Apulia-2 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:40 pm

President Reardon: Forward, Hutori!

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- After a long and difficult election between the long-standing Hutori First coalition versus the various moderate and internationalist parties, Hutori selected the daughter of former President Francis Reardon, Jennifer Reardon, as the new leader of the country. Jennifer Reardon was only a child when her father was President, and early in her life kept her distance from the United Hutori movement, though she remained a supporter of it.

When the recession hit, Reardon sold her venture capital firm and became Minister of Trade and Industry. She eventually moved up and took the position of Minister of Finance, where she was vocal in favor of tax cuts and devolution.

"What Hutori needs is a leader who will unite this country to face the recession," said Reardon. "What we do not need is more of what caused this recession: leftist economic policies and globalist foreign policy. How did we end up in this situation, you might ask? Look no further than those in the National Progress Party who promised us prosperity. Some were gullible enough to believe you can get rich quick. I know personally you cannot."

Jennifer Reardon's father, Sir Francis Reardon, was deified by the party and serves as the spiritual leader of the party. "We Need A Reardon" was a common sign during the Presidency of Arthur Belami when the recession hit. After the public moved to Tiege Varnham, a council communist, for help, and gridlock ensued, Reardon stepped into the race, and just as her father had done won the election on her first try.

"Now is the time to build a broad coalition of people to revitalize the markets," said Reardon. "We need a new economic policy and we need it fast."

Apulia-2

Postby Aberdeen » Fri May 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Alex White says "a strong government has been formed"

New prime minister of Hutori has said that a strong cabinet has been formed in a statement today. The leader of the Hutorian Nationalist party has taken a leading role in Hutoris government with his party having 4 cabinet positions incident himself.

Its a great honour to be the first leader of the Hutorian Nationalists, fortunate enough to take on the role as prime minister of our nation. We are very happy to be working alongside the National Progress Party and Prohibition Party. This is a strong and stable new government. Together we will work hard to ensure that Hutoris interests are put first. We will provide the financial stability Hutor is in need of. I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Jennifer Reardon on her victory in the presidential election. Although not my preferred candidate, she has my full support and I am sure she will do her best for Hutori. However, my party still takes the firm view that we are in great need of constitutional reform. That is our primary objective as a party. We will do our best to propose these reforms that almost 5 million people voted for in the last election. Thank you .

HUTORIAN NATIONAL PARTY
'Working To Build A Better & Brighter Future'
Aberdeen

PreviousNext

Return to National News