Keymon

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Klavian News Service

Postby Yolo04 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Keymon News Network
——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Nerita Apostolou Named Presidential Candidate;Sparks Questions From Turtle Bay Senator Talia Alexopoulou

May 4473-Nerita Apostolou, the Secretary of Zoltar Petros, has been announced as the presidential candidate for the New Conservative Party.

The President made the announcement at the Presidential Palace in front of news media:

Nerita Apostolou

I, Zoltar Petros, announce that Nerita Apostolou will be my successor to the presidency. She is one of the smartest, bravest, and the greatest presidential candidates currently available.

She has served me faithfully as my secretary, consulting me in all matters of state and helping me run the state. She deserves this post and anyone who states otherwise is not acting in the good faith of the nation and would rather work for there own interests.

Her announcement as successor has not been met without resistance however. Turtle Bay Senator Talia Alexopoulou has condemned Zoltar Petros and Nerita Apostolou as “expanding there corrupt influence into the presidential system and beyond”. Talia Alexopoulou has been a fervent critic of Zoltar Petros ever since the Ministry of Foreign Affairs decision to recognize Fortland as an independent country and sign a mutual defense treaty as well calling it a “overreaching and expansionist idea”. She’s also called the current administration-“Filthy dirty good for nothing politician elitist pieces of shit who deserve to be thrown out to sea”.

Talia Alexopoulou

Talia Alexopoulou has begun planning a protest against the new presidential candidate. The protests are scheduled to began in two months and will be estimated to contain around 50,000 participants.
President Zoltar Petros Lands in Fortland, Announces Mutual Defense Treaty

May 4473-President Zoltar Petros landed at Fortland and then announced, alongside members of the Briggs Family, that a mutual defense treaty has been signed between Keymon and Fortland.

Briggs Family and Zoltar Petros Raise the Flag of Fortland

Afterwards Zoltar Petros gave a speech concerning the decision to sign this treaty with Fortland:
Great ladies and gentlemen of Fortland, we’ve decided to collectively guarantee the sovereignty of Fortland and we’ve come to a common agreement that will benefit both Keymon and Fortland. This agreement will also benefit the Northern Council to a degree alongside Keymon. Fortland will also benefit from this treaty especially with Keymon guaranteeing its sovereignty.

Keymon Ministry of Infrastructure Begins Major Infrastructure Expansion and Renovation

April 4473-The Keymon Ministry of Infrastructure has begun a massive infrastructural project including the construction of a monorail, several new airports and highways, as well as the renovation of all highways and railroads.

The Turtle Bay Monorail has been planned to run through all 4 major cities and some more suburban areas as well. The monorail would span almost 250,000 km and would be one of the largest continuous railway tracks in Keymon. The Monorail has been proposed to be purchased by Leighstown Railways for around 500 million KED.

The Ministry of Infrastructure has begun subsidies and beginning construction on new airports throughout Keymon including Turtle Bay, Leighstown, Jamestown, and Golden Coast. The airports would be open to all public usage and would be moderately large, capable of handling multiple large aircrafts.

The Ministry of Infrastructure also announced the beginning of restoration of both roadways and railways. The Ministry will hire multiple private companies to replace and restore roadways and railways. Railways were also given new steel tracks, replacing the iron tracks previously used on railway tracks.

President Zoltar Petros praised the expansion and restoration of infrastructure throughout Keymon, saying in a press release:
With these infrastructure projects, Keymon will benefit greatly. While it may cost millions, it will bring billions of dollars of trade and business into Keymon. Keymon needs to maintain infrastructure to guarantee our sovereignty and powerful economic status.
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:56 am

Keymon News Network
Taxation Bill Cause Deadlock In Senate As NCP Breaks Down

May 4473-The recent Taxation Reform Act of February 4473 has sparked massive deadlock in the senate as the NCP breaks into two factions.

The first faction, supporting Talia Alexopoulou, has condemned Nerita Apostolou for corrupt behaviors and has some faction supporters claiming that Nerita Apostolou gained her office through having sex with President Zoltar Petros.

This faction has critiqued Nerita Apostolou for her libertarian views on gay marriage, cross dressing, divorce, LGBT people, and internationalism.

The other faction, supporting Nerita Apostolou, has continued to support Nerita through these allegations and attacks from opponents. Her more libertarian ideals have attracted more supporters than Talia’s more conservative views.

The taxation bill has led to a formal challenge for a debate between Nerita Apostolou and Talia Alexopoulou which both parties has excepted. The debate is scheduled for July 4473.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Keymon News Network
Debate Turns Bad for Nerita Apostolou as Zoltar Petros Says “She is Only Presidential Candidate Because We Had Sex”

June 4473-At the highly publicized and anticipated debate, both parties gathered and began the debate, which we’ve gotten a transcript of for our readers:
Moderator:Everybody, please be quite as we are about to begin the debate. Mrs. Apostolou are you ready?

Nerita Apostolou:Yes sir.

Moderator:Mrs. Alexopoulou, are you ready?

Talia Alexopoulou:Yes sir, I’m ready.

Moderator:Ok, I now declare this debate open. The first topic of discussion is abortion. How does each candidate stand?

Nerita Apostolou:Abortion is murder, plain and simple, however the decision should not be left to the federal government. It should be left to the local governments and the people’s representatives.

Talia Alexopoulou:Your idea that local governments should decide is like approving of killing children. The federal government should be tougher on abortion and ban all abortion, regardless of reason. Abortions are simply evil. Period.

Nerita Apostolou:No, local governments should decide. It is not the federal governments business to deal with abortions. It is the states decision and if the states want abortion, then there people can approve or disapprove and vote likewise. The federal government should not be large enough that it can make decisions about local matters that locals should have the final say in.

Moderator:Ok, that is enough of the abortion question. Now next we must discuss Mrs Apostolou’s election as presidential candidate. Mrs. Alexopoulou has called the decision “biased” and “corrupt”. Mrs Apostolou, is there any truth in this statement?

Nerita Apostolou:There is no factual comments in that statement sir. I was selected as Presidential candidate because I was the best candidate for the job.

Moderator: Ok, now Mrs Alexopoulou, do you have anything to say?

Talia Alexopoulou:May I call a witness to testify for me, sir?

Moderator:I suppose, make it quick though.

Talia Alexopoulou:I’d like to call Zoltar Petros as my witness sir.

Zoltar Petros:Hello. Now what was the question?

Talia Alexopoulou:I’d like to ask you if you preformed sexual acts with Mrs. Apostolou for her to gain her presidential candidacy.

Zoltar Petros:…yes I did perform sexual acts with Mrs. Apostolou in exchange for her becoming presidential candidate.

Audience Booing/Surprise

Nerita Apostolou:Lies! I never performed sexual acts with Mr. Petros! This lying son of a bitch is not telling the truth!

Moderator:Order! Order! Order! Is there any evidence that this occurred Mr. Petros?

Zoltar Petros:No, sadly. But I can guarantee to you that she performed sex-

Nerita Apostolou:NO! He is lying! I would never perform sexual acts with this man! Never!

Moderator:ORDER DAMNIT! I must remind you all that this is an accusation with no evidence to back it up, so we must take this with a grain of salt. Now I’m not here to shame you if you did have sexual intercourse with Mr Petros, Ms. Apostolou, however if you gained your presidency from such intercourse, serious questions must be asked and if these accusations are true, you will have violated federal law concerning bribery, do you know that?

Nerita Apostolou: Sir, I did in no way, have sexual intercourse with Mr. Petros. He is lying and so is Mrs. Alexopoulou.

Talia Alexopoulou: I never brought these accusations up Mrs. Apostolou.

Nerita Apostolou:Bullshit! You’ve continuously made slanderous remarks about me and sexual acts. First you called me lesbian. Then you called me a whore. Only a couple weeks ago you insinuated that I had sex with Mr. Petros for my presidency. You are a lying fucking bi-

Moderator:That is enough Mrs. Apostolou! Since neither of you can come to an agreement, this entire debate is worthless and I’ve seen enough of both of you. Since both Mrs. Apostolou and Mrs. Alexopoulou continue to sling shit at each other, I’m officially calling off this debate. You’ve both proven yourself badly tempered and that’s enough for me. Thank you!

Afterwards, Nerita Apostolou’s legal team released a statement concerning the possibility of pursuing libel charges against Talia Alexopoulou. They stated-“We’ve decided to not pursue legal charges against Talia H. Alexopoulou. Instead we request that she stop making such slanderous comments about our client and she apologize for all previous comments made.”

Talia Alexopoulou’s legal team has not yet responded.

On social media, many Keymonites were demanding Nerita Apostolou’s resignation as presidential candidate in favor of another candidate. They’ve begun to use the hashtag-#TaliatoPrison. This in reaction to possible bribery laws that could’ve been violated if this instance of sexual intercourse did occur. Nerita Apostolou has responded on social media with the following-
“I, in no way whatsoever, had sexual intercourse with Mr. Zoltar Petros. Me and him had no romantic relationship”.

The Turtle Bay protests, set up by Talia Alexopoulou, originally scheduled to be attended by 50,000 people now has an estimated attendance of 150,000 and growing.

The Turtle Bay Police Department (TBPD) has announced that at least 1,500 officers will be at the event to maintain order.

Talia Alexopoulou has assured the T.B.P.D that the protests will be peacefully and will be guarded by members of the New Conservative Army, the New Conservative Parties Paramilitary Branch.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:37 am

Keymon News Network
Protests Begin as Nerita Apostolou Takes Office

4 P.M, August 21st, 4473-Protests have begun in Turtle Bay as Nerita Apostolou takes office.
Protestors near liberty avenue

The protests came after a vote of 64% in favor of Nerita Apostolou becoming president. The remaining 36% voted no confidence in Nerita Apostolou and instead a majority filled in the name-“Talia Alexopoulou”.

The protests have been mostly peaceful and have remained 15 miles away from the Presidential Palace and the main governmental district. The protests have instead been at the Turtle Bay Legislation House, the local government organization tasked with making decisions local decisions for Turtle Bay.

The protests were lead by Talia Alexopoulou with a bullhorn chanting-“No Whore as the President!” alongside other chants.

The protester numbers are around 150,000 and have actually decreased since the protests began around 1 P.M. The protests are planned to continue until tomorrow evening around 6 P.M.

The police presence has caused some tension yet it is expected to be a small and inconsequential protest.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:37 am

Keymon News Network
WARNING:STAY INDOORS. RIOT IN PROGRESS IN THE TOWN OF TURTLE BAY

7 P.M, August 24th, 4473-The protests lead by Talia Alexopoulou has turned into a full blown riot.

Rioter Burns Down Building on Liberty Avenue

The Federal Government has enacted a state of emergency and 15,000 federal forces are on the way to the city.

The protests began to turn into a riot after a few member of the New Conservative Army got into a fistfight with police. Soon a mob has formed and began beating on the officer. Nearby officers began to fire and this lead to an exchange of fire. This soon sparked a majority of NCA members to began attacking police and army personnel.

Rioters and Riot Police Clash

Soon the police were pushed back and were forced to retreat. The NCA Members alongside groups of heavily armed civilians began to attack federal government buildings. Luckily, all were evacuated before the rioters got there so the only damage done was structural.

Senate On Fire, As Rioters Shout

After there attacks on federal buildings like the Senate and Supreme Court, they began to march for the Presidential Palace.

Members of Home Defense Corps were able to set up a barricade to defend the palace from the attack. However the Palace was heavily damaged due to the attack.

The rioters then moved back to attacking Police Headquarters and Army Barracks.

Riot Police Defend Alight Army Barracks As Firefighters Rush To Help

Talia Alexopoulou has not been seen with the mob. A majority of protesters have dispersed and went home. Only around 10,000 rioters remain, yet they are equipped with explosives and fully automatic rifles, making them extremely dangerous.

The cabinet and president are safe and are currently in a bunker in an undisclosed location.

All members of the judicial and legislative are safe as well.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:13 am

Keymon News Network
Riots End As Military Intervenes

8 P.M, August 27th, 4473-The riots that have scarred Turtle Bay have finally come to an end as 15,000 Home Defense Corps troops and 2,000 National Endarme marched into the city.

The estimated death toll at this time is around 59 people. 50 being civilians and rioters and 9 being police officers and soldiers.

The estimated financial cost of the riot is placed around 85 to 165 million dollars. This includes reconstruction of all infrastructure and buildings destroyed and damaged.

The Keymon Church has offered to distribute food and clothing to those who’s homes were lost in the riot and the government has proposed that those who lost there homes be given new ones at government cost. This has been universally hailed as a good step except by certain members of the Senate.

Around 5,000 people were arrested for rioting and 750 people were arrested for other crimes like vandalism, arson, robbery, etc. 1 person has been arrested concerning the murder of a police officer during the riot.

The Senate and Supreme Court has re-adjourned in there respective houses and President Nerita Apostolou has returned to the Presidential Palace.

Martial Law is no officially over.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Keymon News Network
Talia Alexopoulou Threatens to Began Another Protests Unless a Cabinet Compromise Is Agreed To

September 4473-Talia Alexopoulou has threatened Nerita Apostolou’s government with another protests in Turtle Bay unless she and several of her supporters are given positions in the cabinet.

Over social media Talia Alexopoulou stated-“The cabinet need an update and my followers and I are the defect fit for that update. If Nerita doesn’t update this cabinet, then I will organize another protests to demand our rightful place within the cabinet”.

This threat has caused some Senators to vote in favor of a cabinet proposal that makes Talia Alexopoulou the Foreign Minister and makes many of her supporters including Zoltar Petros, cabinet members.

It seems as though the proposal will pass and soon Talia Alexopoulou will be Foreign Minister which could damn Northern Council relations as she is a known anti-Northern Councilor.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Keymon News Network
New Cabinet Splits Government In Half

September 4473-The new cabinet proposal that gave many prominently Pro-Alexopoulou supporters seats in the cabinet has split the government in half.

Alexopoulou and her supporters jabbed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finance, Tourism and Tourism, and Education and Culture.

Nerita Apostolou and her supporters kept the Ministry of Defense, Internal Affairs, Justice, Infrastructure and Transport, Health and Social Services, Science and Technology, Food and Agriculture, and Industry and Trade.

Talia Alexopoulou has stated she will begin some foreign affairs reforms, mainly concerning-“The Northern Council and Fortland’s sovereignty”.

It is not known if any other changes are planned however we may soon find out.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Keymon News Network
Foreign Minister Holds Press Conference Concerning NC and Fortland

March 4474-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Talia Alexopoulou, held a press conference at the Presidential Palace discussing two major issues she’s be outspoken about-Fortland sovereignty and the Northern Council

I’ve held this conference to make something’s very clear. I am not like the previous foreign minister. I do not share his values and I’m gonna make this perfectly clear.

The first major issue we need to discuss is Fortland. Fortland is not a country. It is a speck. It is a atrocity that we recognize this speck as a nation. If I had the Ministry of Defense, I would send troops to this speck in a instant. Yet I don’t, so all I can say is, Fortland is not a country and never will be. Period.

Next, the Northern Council. The Northern Council is not a necessity and is making foreign policy decisions for us. The organization forces us to go to war if another member is attacked, regardless of if it’s our fight. The Northern Council barely bothers to consider Keymon interests. Instead it focuses on the interests of Kazulia or Hutori. The Northern Council is simply an expedite of Kazulia’s or Hutori’s interests. We should leave the Northern Council and work together with cultures and nations closer to us like Vanuku. Instead the corrupt officials have decided to work with other corrupt officials like those in Kazulia and Hutori. If my allies had a majority of the seats in the Senate then we’d leave. Yet the corrupt politicians are working to keep us in this organization. Maybe at the next elections we’ll win and beat these corrupt politicians.

I promise you all, that once our allies win, we’ll have the strongest nation in the world and leave the Northern Council.

Her statements have cause some problems in the party. President Nerita Apostolou condemned Mrs. Alexopoulou stating:
The Northern Council is a great assistance to all nations involved. Leaving would be extremely painful to our military and our economy. Keymon will not leave the Northern Council. Period.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

Postby Yolo04 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:35 am

Keymon News Network
Reconstruction of the Capital Estimated to Cost 150 Million KED, According to the Ministry of Finance

November 4473-The reconstruction of Turtle Bay, after the riots burned down many federal and civilian buildings, is estimated to cost a total of 150 million KED.

Minister of Finance, Zoltar Petros, stages that they would temporarily take 1.5 billion from the defense budget to subsidize the reconstruction of the capital.

The planned reconstruction includes full reconstruction of several apartments and buildings and partial reconstruction of the Senate, Supreme Court, Golden Gate Bridge,and Presidential Palace.

Zoltar Petros has claimed that-“The Northern Council should assist us in reconstruction for the good of all Northern Council and I’ve sent a formal request to the Northern Council for financial aid”.

No public responses has been sent by the Northern Council.
List of Parties:

Yolo04

PreviousNext

Return to National News