Lodamun

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: News from Lodamun

Postby peterJS » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:51 am

Nationalist's victorious and Liberals Smashed!

Crowds descend upon parliament to celebrate the fall of the Liberal Regime.

The Elections of November 2779 will go down in history as it was the date the Liberal Party regime which had ruled in Lodamun for decades finally came to and end. The election for the LP was a humiliation with them coming 4th in the presidential race with Mark Kynes being rejected by the people. Alexander Law of the Radical Nationalist Party topped the poll in the first round, however he was defeated by Matt Diggory of the United Republics Party after they secured the support of the Church of Divine Rengheed in the 2nd round. Alexander Law said "At least we got rid of Mr Kynes".

For Parliament the RNP are celebrating a huge victory becoming the largest party on their first ever election since forming to bring down the Liberal Regime. Alexander Laws party took 24 seats followed by their current allies in the URP who took 22 seats. The Kébé Front also pushed the Liberal Party into 4th place as they took 18 seats compared to 14 seats the Liberal Party took, this meant the Liberal Party lost 75% of their seats and now are reduced to an opposition party and wil not even have enough votes to block constitutional reform.

One shock of the night was Norstavan which the RNP had predicted they would do well in but it actually swung to the URP as the people seen them as best placed to oust the Liberal Party. The RNP took 2 regions which are Kregon and Rapula, the URP took 2 region which are Norstavan and Andalay while Golavia handed a shock victory to the Kébé front. Golavia returned no URP MP's and Norstavan returned no Kébé Front MP's, these were the only situations were main parties didn't take any seats.

Since commencement of Parliament President Diggory has proposed a unity cabinet which the RNP has pledged to support and the first big reform in the shape of the Liberation Act has went to the floor with the RNP also supporting the bill. The RNP has been offered a position of Foreign Affairs Minister which Alexander Law is set to take, he has said that his party will attempt to reclaim our sovereignty from international treaties and strip us of useless red tape.
peterJS

Postby peterJS » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Protests spark up around Lodamun after gay rights bill put before parliament!
[img]
http://dialoginternational.typepad.com/ ... rriage.jpg[/img]

In a shock move the the Radical Nationalist Party they have put a bill before parliament which will legalise homosexuality and allow them to get civil union marriages. The party has said it wants to see the end of the unjust treatment of a section of the community which has a big input to the country in many ways and sees how the current laws are helping anyone.

However as soon as the bill went to the floor the totalitarian Liberal Party voted against the bill and began their defence of the current laws, as soon as this happened many gay people began to protest outside Liberal offices and town halls with the biggest outside of parliament.

Outside of Parliament as one Liberal MP tried to enter parliament she was egged by angry protesters.
peterJS

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:10 am

Mark Kynes wins Presidential election; promises to bring back prosperity to Lodamun

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)- After several months of campaigning and securing the endorsement of the Free Peoples Party, Mark Kynes succeeded in accomplishing what three members of his family had already accomplished: become President of the United Republics of Lodamun. The election of Mark Kynes marks another historic event in Lodamun. For the first time in the history of this country have four related family members being elected President. All of this occurring in the same century.

Following the tradition set by the late President Jonathan Kynes and then followed by his daughter, Elizabeth Kynes, and his son Gregory Kynes, Mark Kynes celebrated his election victory at the Grand Plaza.

Speaking to a crowd of thousands, he said vigorously:

"Yesterday, you showed what we are made of. You chose experience, intellect, security over oppression and inability. You showed the international community that Lodamese citizens never quit and that we are more than willing to get engaged once again. I will do my best to bring back prosperity to Lodamun after more than three years of lackluster management by the URP and its allies. They are trying to destroy our glorious country day by day. Their economic polices are a failure, their management skills are pathetic let alone effective, and their foreign policy is....well, they don't have one.

We will bring this country back to its shining glory once again, I promise you that. I will not allow some do-nothing politicians to continue destroying our country. No more, ladies and gentlemen, no more. I am here now.

I won't lie to you. There are going to be some fierce battles in the coming months but I can assure you that I will fight for you: the citizens of Lodamun. I don't care about politics or business interests, I care about you and your well being and I, along with my staff and supporters, will fight incessantly to give you what you deserve: peace, stability, a working and effective government, a strong economy, and above all: safety. In the coming months, some of the battles will be tough but I guarantee you this: I will not hide like others are doing, the buck stops here.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Let us celebrate because tomorrow we start on our path to prosperity."

President Kynes has not yet announced what his agenda will be but one thing we are all sure of is that it will be a very tough challenge for him. The opposition still controls more than half of the legislature and a new Cabinet will be tough to pass. However, rumors have been spreading across the Internet that the newly elected President "is willing to compromise for the sake of our people and our country." We will keep you updated.

Thousands gather at the Grand Plaza for the victory rally hosted by the newly elected President, Mark Kynes
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Rumbold90 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Grand Rengheedra Calls on Faithful to Protest Lost Lands

Port Andalay, Lodamun-Grand Rengheedra Aleksander Hyktun called on the followers of the Church of Divine Rengheed to protest the still confiscated lands in Kregon that were homes to many CDR followers.

"Our rightful lands, bought by our founder, is still under government control and not ours. We must protest this illegal annexation of our lands. Therefore, I call for increased protests, and perhaps even strikes.'
United Worker's Front
Mordusia
Rumbold90

Postby YankeeHater » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:38 pm

CDR Lands Restored by Overwhelming Vote

PORT ANDALAY, ANDALAY (LBC) -- The Parliament passed a bill restoring lands siezed by the government by a lopsided margin with only the LP and FPP standing in opposition while providing no rationale for their votes. In addition to restoring control of the land to the CDR, it required the government to pay the CDR back rent and for any damage. This landmark legislation highlights the continued cooperation and unity of the Anti-Liberal coalition.
YankeeHater

Postby peterJS » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Paula Moore replaces Alexander Law as presidential candidate and leader for RNP!

Paula Moore has been selected to stand as the presidential candidate at the Next Elections, she will also take over as party leader.

Alexander Law will remain has the party representative for Head of Government unless a Monarchy is established which is a aim of the RNP.

Paula Moore was a long term opponent of the Liberal Dictatorship and its enforced policies without democratic consultation. Many of her battles with the old establishment resulted in her ending up on the wrong side of the police lines however they were never able to or attempted to get a conviction for any criminal offences.

Paula has stated her aims to create a united homogeneous democratic Lodamun free from Liberal Tyranny, she has said she hopes that under her leadership the co-operation between RNP and URP will get stronger and both will be able to work to the improvement of Lodamun.
peterJS

Postby YankeeHater » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:46 pm

President Diggory Reelected in Landslide, Announces Intent to Retire at End of Term

OREAN, ANDALAY (LBC) -- After a series of close elections, President Diggory won a resounding victory with over 58 percent of the vote and the endorsement of several fellow parties. Gains were also made by the anti-LP bloc in Parliament. However the celebrations were tempered by the announcement that the extremely elderly Diggory will not seek another term.

Following these events, the URP decided its new party leader will be the current Justice Minister and founder of TransSeleya Shipping and Freight, Wilfred Robinson.

Wil Robinson leaving his Port Andalay apartment.
YankeeHater

Postby Mr.Yankees » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:38 am

Liberal Party elects new National Chairman

Port Andalay, Andalay (LCN)- After the recent announcement by Jonathan Kynes II that he was not going to seek another term as National Chairman, political pundits quickly began to speculate who the next chairman was going to be.

Not long after the speculation began, it quickly died down. Just days after the announcement by Jonathan Kynes II was made, several party leaders including former President Mark Kynes announced their endorsement of Patricia K. Johnson III to be the next Chairman. The speculation quickly turned from who was going to be Chairman to whether Ms. Johnson was going to be elected unanimously.

The day began very quietly for the Liberal Party Convention with several speakers making their way through. Minutes before the official vote took place, the keynote speaker former President Mark Kynes gave what is now known as "the speech of the decade." Speaking publicly for the first time in almost a year, the former President appeared very energetic and emotional.

"The opposition have taken our democracy away but not our voices" he said amid loud cheers from the spectators.

In what was deemed as "one of the quickest Chairman elections ever", Patricia K. Johnson III was unanimously elected as the next National Chairperson of the Liberal Party.

In her speech to the Convention, Ms. Johnson promised to raise record breaking funds for the upcoming election, gain a majority in Parliament, and bring back the Republic.

Patricia K. Johnson III speaking at the Convention in front of hundreds of supporters
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby YankeeHater » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 am

"Krkljus Damaging Relations" says Diggory

PORT ANDALAY, LODAMUN (LBC) -- His Divine Majesty summoned the cabinet to Andalay Palace to discuss Telamon's Foreign Minister's recent statements and activities. "It's clear that entry of Krkljus into Lodamun without consent of our Foreign office would be a violation of the law worthy of arrest," said Diggory. "I believe firmly that his diplomatic credentials should be rejected and our borders closed to him. His diplomatic efforts to 'improve relations' has actually damaged them severely."
YankeeHater

Postby YankeeHater » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:18 am

Krkljus Arrested outside Andalay Palace

PORT ANDALAY, ANDALAY (LBC) -- Telamon's Foreign Minister miscalculated as he strolled outside Andalay Palace, home of Divine Majesty Diggory, followed by international media. Footage obtained by the Lodamese Broadcasting Corporation shows Vojislav Krkljus saying "Pity I cannot go to this building, I am on a mission of peace..." when Royal Guards approached and placed him under arrest for trespassing. Charles J. Moody, Commander of the Royal Guards, said charges of trespassing were dropped, but that Mr. Krkljus will be detained for further questioning while the Justice Ministry considers charges of espionage and conducting diplomacy without credentials.
YankeeHater

PreviousNext

Return to National News