Selucia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Imperium de Selucia Daily

Postby Aethan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Selucia to welcome Juliana Mede
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs have confirmed her reception in the next days.

Yannis Hellada today in the press conference

Yannis Hellada, Selucian Minister of Foreign Affairs, have confirmed today in a press conference that Juliana Mede will be received in Selucia from Deltaria in the following days.

We have been in contact to the Deltarian Government to arrange this. She and her son will have their place in the group of the day after tomorrow, and as soon as they reach Selucia, they will be moved to a secure flat to avoid any possible complications with Selucians or Barmenians living in Selucia. The Supreme Court of Selucia,
as far as I know, has also arranged the trial for the next week, so we will offer Mrs. Mede, as a Selucian, the possibility to get a lawyer from the State or she is free to hire one. I can't give more details about the future trial, but I have a total faith in our institutions and in the quality of our judicial system, so I wish the best for Mrs. Mede.
We have done all we can, now it's time for the justice to act.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Who is who in the Supreme Court? An article by Milio Turquio
Now that the trial against Juliana Mede is coming, we analyse the possible accusations and results the mediatical case may have

Juliana Mede, Selucian citizen who used to live in Barmenia and was married to a member of the Thaller family who ruled the nation until a little time ago, is finally returning to her mother nation scaping from the prosecution in Barmenia. The Res Publica Seluciae already announced, via its Foreign Affairs Ministry, that she is welcome in the nation, but will have to face a trial by the Supreme Court in order to determine her functions in the previous governments of Barmenia.

While she has already been told her charges, they have not transcended to the media. The most probable options are:

-Omission of the duty of relief in an oppressive regime.

-Collaboration with an oppressive regime.

-Violation of international basic Terran rights.

-Abuse of authority.

There may be more, but those options are the ones that are becoming stronger day after day.

Now talking about the members of the Supreme Court:

*Aggeliki Bari

The Magni Iudex (Supreme Judge) is known for her defence of Terran rights, specially those regarding minorities. Described as a progressist, she has previously worked in the Insularian regional courts in trials against rapists and pedophiles. With a hard personality, she applies the law without allowing any political interference. Her vote is the decisive in case of a tie between the rest of the judges.
Our supposition: Will vote NO in declaring Mrs. Mede guilty of any charge

*Sulpicio Quarto

The most veteran of the current members of the Court is described as a moderate progressist. He has been very critical with dictatorships in Terra.
Our supposition: Will vote NO in declaring Mrs. Mede guilty of Abuse of Authority, will vote YES in declaring Mrs. Mede guilty of Crimes Against Terran Rights/Omission of the duty of relief

*Jayr Kalivas

He has recognized several times that he likes to apply the law in its purest version, meaning that he will probably not attend to any justification of the acts made by the accused and will focus on the proper actions done by Mrs. Mede during her time in Barmenia.
Our supposition: Will vote YES in declaring Mrs. Mede guilty of all her charges.

*Acanthio Crito

The oldest of the judges has already announced that there are no evidences of Mrs. Mede being accomplice of the oppresion made by the former Barmenian Government, so if no new proofs are sent, his vote will be NO in declaring Mrs. Mede guilty of any charge.

*Agda Cladia, Arcamus Dastis and Romanus Sigilis
ImageImageImage

The last three judges have decided since the very first moment the trial was announced not to appear in public and focusing in studying the situation very deep.

We think that Mrs. Mede will be declared innocent, or will be declared guilty of some charges but will avoid prison, and instead some conditions will be imposed to her.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:22 pm

Selucia in the darkness
The result of the last elections and the apparition of new parties take Selucia to an unexplored territory

Supporters of In Marea-Civis Sinistram watching the results

Tonight, the results of the 4302 Selucian elections were announced. And with the highest ever participation percentage (90.97%, 68,124,965 votes), the bewilderment has taken over the nation. With more than 40% of the votes, Factio Foedarati has become the largest party in the Senate, and has already formed Government with Partis Imperialis, 3rd in this elections, leaving In Marea-Civis Sinistram (2nd) in the opposition. While this may seem like a normal action, the truth is that the parties competing in this elections, including the winning party, have been shaking the worst memories of Selucia.

With hard proposals in immigration, religion and civil rights, parties that have not got representation in the senate are finding their voice in the figure of Factio Foedarati.

Among this proposals, it is included the increase of the retirement age from 63 to 67 years old, the mandatory national services, or the privatization of every single part of Selucia. But what has shaken the worst feelings has been the proposal of Fascist Regimen Immutata, the new fascist party of Selucia, which literally says:

Swimming is a very relevant and important sport in Selucian culture. We, the Fascist Regimen Immutata, would like to adjust this slightly. We propose to change the national sport to: The swimming of the filth.

In this, we integrate the deep hatred for religious minorities into the national love for swimming. Every year, all the religious minority groups, such as Yeudism or Felinism, will be round up by the Selucian National Military. They will then be lined up on the coast of Marestella and be forced to swim to Oriensos. Those who refuse to swim, will receive a life sentence. Those who make it, will receive no prize of any kind and will have to swim back to their respective islands if they wish to return home. Then, those who don't make it, don't make it.

We hope the other parties will come to their senses, and accept this as the new national sport.

This proposal has so far received the support of the Factio Foedarati, but the combined deputies of In Marea-Civis Sinistram and Partis Imperialis will stop its implementation.

All the proposals submitted have launched the alarms in In Marea-Civis Sinistram. They have already announced contacts with Partis Imperialis to reconsider their position and to form an "emergency cabinet" between both parties in order to stop the fascist measures of the new parties. So far there has been no answer, but In Marea is hopeful.

Despite our ideological differences, we know that Partis Imperialis loves Selucia as much as we do. We love the fraternity of its people, we love the respect for each other, and we have to try to stop this madness before it's too late. Now we have the deputies. We don't know what will happen in the next elections.

After a hard campaign, full of insults and scorns to some parts of the Selucian citizens from the new parties, when the results came out no one could explain them. Traditional voters of In Marea-Civis Sinistram and Partis Imperialis were equally shocked, wondering what had gone wrong with some of the Selucians to turn that far.

I can't believe I'm living this moment. After hundreds of years of stability, Selucia seems to reach the border of the darkness. I'm not a huge fan of In Marea and I voted for Partis Imperialis, but I would prefer a government between both of them rather than with these bunch of fascists.
A woman said.

Partis Imperialis is too far right for me, but the new parties? Oh God protect us... I hope IMCS and PI do the right thing because if not... Who the f***k has voted those people? They are crazy, they just want to burn Selucia down!

Caesar Regens Petrus Viator has already advised:

Selucia is strong. Selucia will not be broken by a group of extremists that look only for their own interests. We know that the equality prevales in the mind of every Selucian, and I'll work hard to do my best in avoiding these scandalous measures

After this elections, the measures against the Wolfstheim plague, the funding on investigations and the extradition of Juliana Mede is on the air.

The reelected Praetor of Insularia with absolute majority, Zenon Gogolas, currently working in Baltusia to find a cure to the Disease, has already sent a message of hope:

I will not let this bunch of fascists to touch my home. Insularia will not respect any fascist law and will take to the Highest Court any law that goes against the basic principles of human dignity and civil rights. Be sure of that. Insularia will not fall into chaos, and I'll be the first one in every single manifestation.

One of the protests in Insularia

There is no Government to shut up the people
The people united will never be defeated
From north to south, from east to west, the battle continues no matter what the cost
If you do not let us dream, we will not let you sleep

Were some of the most repeated sentences by the protesters in the regions were In Marea or Partis Imperialis won the elections (Insularia, Occidentria and Oriensos)
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby cm9777 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:51 am

cm9777

Postby CaptainVimes » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:54 pm

FLI makes huge gains

And for my next trick, I shall pull 5 new parties out of a hat.

These were the words of Cassius Brutus at a party conference after the creation of his party, the Factio Liberum Insulae. A few years later, and his party looks to be the one to dicide who shall run the government. Mr Brutus has made his views very clear, independent islands, independent people. How the authoritarian establishment will react to his views awaits to be seen. With one of the islands under FLI control it shouldn't be long until real change starts happening. When asked on his views of the In Marea - Civis Sinistram part he responded like this:

Big government unitrists, exactly what we stand against. But they are reasonable. We could easilly work with them to make our country a more free place. However, they may well take our support for granted. If they do, this is what I say to them: Don't expect us to work with you for the sake of working with a smiliar party. If the F.F offer us a better deal, we will take it. It is our job to represent our voters and if going into a right-wing coalition is the best way of doing that, that's what we'll do.

Cassius Brutus has spoken highly of the Capitalismi Motus Modern, stating that they were his most likely allies in the complicated world of Selucian politics. But with low support for the CMM, it may not be possible for them to join in coalition.

With the population left in shock at the last election, and with the presidency in the hands of Caelus Clemens, Selucian politics must adapt.

Celebrations in Marestella as the results come through
CaptainVimes

Postby Aethan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:27 pm

In Marea, winner and loser
The party wins the first round of HoS and the elections, but fails to form Government

The dream that turned into a nightmare. This may be the best description of this elections for In Marea-Civis Sinistram. The left-wing party won the first round to elect a new Head of State, but Petrus Viator failed in the second round after and alliance of the new parties to elect Caelus Clemens, from Factio Foederati.

In the national elections, In Marea-Civis Sinistram became the most voted party with 122 seats and almost 25% of the votes, and getting the leadership of Oriensos, Occidentria and Insularia. However, after an agreement with Partis Imperialis and Factio Liberum Insulae to form a new Government was finally broken by the last to form another government to the right-wing parties, including the Fascists, dissapointment was clear in the faces of its leaders.

Speaking to the Senate, the Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, Orion Sideris, stated that:

Factio Liberum Insulae will have to explain its voters why, instead of negotiating with what it calls "the reasonable side of our politics", decided to support parties that decided to approve a new "sport"-luckily refused- and specially the Fascist Party, which leader has already stated "When the Fascist Regime comes to power, we’ll take care of the impure pagans."
If Factio Liberum Insulae thinks that's what will make the life of Selucians better, they are free to do so. However, they should reconsider calling us "the reasonable side of their politics", as they have clearly chosen the right and the extremisms instead of the collaboration and dialogue with the center-left and the center-right.

Good luck to the new Government. We also want to remember that, in order to pass a treaty in Selucia, 2/3 of the Senate votes are required (334 votes), and that without the support of IMCS and PI, no treaty will be ratified in this nation.

After the last statements released by the Leader of Factio Liberum Insulae, the Praetor of Insularia, the reelected Zenon Gogolas, had also some words for him, speaking from outside the nation, as he is currently collaborating in developing a solution for the Wolfsheim disease:

Calling In Marea-Civis Sinistram unitarist is just a total ignorance of our party stances. I have clearly stated multiple times that I'm an federalist and independentist, and the people of Insularia has relected me once and again. Don't confuse yourself Mr. Brutus: your party has been the 3rd most voted party nationwide.
And it is clear that working with the fascists is much more pleasant that working with us, we catch the message. They have accepted to collaborate in a "zombie coalition" with 4 parties, just to get a few cabinets, instead of doing politics and negotiate.

Zenon Gogolas is well known for not biting his tongue, and it seems like during this legislature he won't do it either.

Another consequence of this new cabinet is the resignation of the current Selucian Ambassador to the World Congress, Mrs. Aretha Antonopoulou, who has spoken from Istalia where she is in a diplomatic journey:

I'm here to announce my resignation of Selucian Ambassador to the World Congress. I've always tried to do my best to protect the interest of the Selucians and the Selucian Government in the international territory, but I won't bend the knee to the Fascist party that is going to take the control of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
and I certainly will not defend any of the decision this new government may make. It is just a matter of political dignity and integrity. It has been a pleasure to serve Selucia, but my time ends here.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:49 am

The trial against Juliana Mede begins
The members of the Selucian Supreme Court have gathered inside the Supreme Court building to start

Aggeliki Bari arriving to the Supreme Court.

After the long mediatic expectation that the trial against Juliana Mede has generated in nations like Selucia, Deltaria or Barmenia, the members of the Supreme Court of Selucia have met today finally to begin the judicial process.

Although none of the judges wanted to make statements on arrival at the official building, judicial members have announced that they have studied the case carefully and now want to hear what Mrs. Mede's defense has to say.

Similarly, the question about the charges that would be charged according to the legislature of Selucia have finally been revealed: Mrs. Mede is accused of omitting the duty of relief in an oppressive regime, given its influence on the dome of leaders of Barmenia and the mistreatment towards different minorities and groups in the nation; and violation of basic human rights in collaboration with oppressive regime.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Orion Sideris resigns; Cynthia Spirou to fight
The Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram has announced today by surprise his resignation

Orion Sideris, now former General Secretary of the left-wing party In Marea-Civis Sinistram has announced today his resignation after more than 40 years leading the party along with Petrus Viator.

The new came as a surprise for many, although the affiliated of IMCS were contacted a few months ago to elect the substitute of his figure. The new Secretary of the party will be Cynthia Spirou, former leader of the party in Cor Patriae that now has a lot of work to do.

In her first speech as Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, she has widdely critizised the new Selucian parties, and has called for a rethought of the party and of the Selucians.

Welcome ll to my first speech as Secretary of the In Marea-Civis Sinistram.

First of all, I want to thank former Secretary Orion Sideris for all the great work he has done in the party and in the nation, and wish him the best of luck.

But now, talking about politics, where did the exemplariness of the Selucian politics go? The new Selucian parties are just messing our nation, playing with the Selucians.
It is just an outrage to call for new elections like they have done just 2 years after the previous ones, just because they knew they would get more votes and without even counting with the opinion of the party that won more than 25% of the Selucian votes in the past elections, that is, 1 out of every 4 Selucians voted for the same party. They should be ashamed of their attitude. Still, they could not with us, and we have to thank all the Selucians, for keeping us as the second most voted party.

But of course they are not, because most of them lack of the basic political decency, and they are only here to feed the fears and hatred in our nation. It is just a shae that a fascist party has become the most voted party after tricked elections, showing this that their policies of fear and hate for the different are working.

But we will not let this happen. From now on, I can promise and I promise that I will work in rebuilding IMCS in the party of the Selucians, a party that will protect everyone in our nation, that will defend their rights with no difference in religion, sex, age or political orientation. We will denounce any single violation of Terran rights to the Supreme Court, and we urge the international community not to negotiate with those who want to break the equality in our nation.

After this part, the Secretary has also had some words for the new cabinets that are being proposed:

What can I say about the Factio Regimen Immutata cabinet? They are fascists. They want our people to hate the others, but in the end, Selucians will see that this is totally wrong. We will be working hard to make them show their true self, and we can assure that we will vote against any single policy of the Factio Regimen Immutata - yes, including the recently created Treaty for a Majatran Alliance, which there already exists one- that goes against the principles of human dignity and basic civil rights.

About the Factio Liberum Insulae cabinet, I tell them right now: don't count with us in your cabinet. Don't do it. While you claim to be center-left, most of your votes have gone hand to hand with Factio Regimen Immutata. And now that you see a possibility of becoming Head of Government, you want to use it and elect one of your members as HoG of Selucia? Not with us. Factio Liberum Insulae and Factio Regimen Immutata has many similarities, but at least, the second ones do not hide it. Factio Liberum Insulae has the nerve to ask us to support its cabinet while they are proposing to withdraw our nations from treaties that protect the rights of women, of LGBT;
of education, of workers, and even our national diplomatic treaty.

We may not be in the Government but at least, we will still keep our political dignity intact. We will not defend the policies of oppresive regimes in the international sphere, and unlike others, I am loyal to my ideas, not to the institutions.Even if my party gets offered all the cabinets except the HoG, even in that case, we will not doblegate to work with someone that allows the destruction of civil rights.

With those hard words the Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram has ended her speech.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:03 pm

BREAKING: The Supremum Iudicatorium releases full statement
The resolution of the trial against Seluco-Barmenian citizen Juliana Mede has been made public a few minutes ago

Magni Iudex Aggeliki Bari explaining the resolution

It all ended a few minutes ago, when the Supreme Court of Selucia officially released the the judgment in the case of Juliana Mede. The resolution, approved unanimously by all the members of the court, is launched after many months of investigations in Selucia and Barmenia, and after gathering the testimony from various sources.

The mediatic expectation that this trial has generated in both nations has never been seen before, and there were many voices that spoke of a possible interference of the policy in the judicial results, something categorically ruled out by a member of the Supreme Court, Judge Sulpicio Quarto .

"Selucian justice is famous for its impartiality, developed over millennia, and we, as the highest representation of the judiciary in our nation, we are not going to let external pressures to the investigation muddy the judicial process opened on this cause."

The judges of the supreme court knew what the risks they were taking with this case, since the media frenzy has raised supporters and detractors on both sides of the conflict, including people from the upper echelons of politics. However, the judges of the Court, with more than 40 years of career each behind their backs, have said that justice is incorruptible, and that the process will emerge with the truth ahead, no matter who falls.

Juliana Mede, until recently a member of the Barmenian royalty and related to the Thallers, fled the country after the fall of the reigning monarchy until that time, receiving political asylum in Deltaria and finally being welcomed in Selucia, her birthplace, where it was announced that she would be judged of the accusations made against her according to the Selucian law and the international human rights rules. She was accused of omitting the duty of relief in an oppressive regime, given its influence on the dome of leaders of Barmenia and the mistreatment towards different minorities and groups in the nation; and violation of basic human rights in collaboration with oppressive regime.

Throughout the process, Juliana Mede has requested that her son be granted the Selucian nationality, something that the government has denied at all times, citing the condition of the "ius soli" to obtain the nationality of a citizen of Selucia, or pass the required test.

Aggeliki Bari, Magni Iudex of the Supremum Iudicatorium Seluciae, read the statement:

After the petition 4033/240/2/bar/se received by this judicial body, in relation with the accused Mrs. Juliana Mede and the particular accusation, this body announces:

-Being Mrs. Mede accused of omitting the duty of relief in an oppressive regime, given its influence on the dome of leaders of Barmenia and the mistreatment towards different minorities and groups in the nation; and violation of basic human rights in collaboration with oppressive regime.

It is widely known and unhidden the crimes and atrocities commited by the former Sultans of Barmenia against minorities or groups that go against their political or religious views or beliefs.

This judicial body considers that Mrs. Mede could not plead ignorance of the oppression that was being exercised on the citizens of a nation that she had decided to embrace and that, according to the rules that govern the Selucian and international law, their rights were being systematically and consciously violated without any member of the high government circles raising their voices against it.

However, this body also considers Mrs. Mede incapable, because of her position and her condition, of exerting any decisive influence to try to alleviate the oppression of Barmenian citizens.

That is why Mrs. Mede is declared innocent of the crime of omission of aid.

On the other hand, just as Mrs. Mede was not in a position to change the situation substantially, neither does it show that she anywhere expressed or showed disagreement with the situation at the time, "ignorance of the law does not exempt compliance", interpreting the absence of any rejection on their part to something clearly visible anywhere in the nation as a sign of complicity.

This Court considers Mrs. Mede, therefore, guilty of the crime of collaboration with an oppressive regime in the violation of basic human rights.

Therefore, this Court condemns Mrs. Mede:

-To issue a formal apology to the Barmenian oppresed people within a month.
-She shall not be allowed to leave the country within two years.
-She shall appear every fifteen days for a period of one year in the international crimes chamber of the Supreme Court to report what, from his privileged position in Barmenia, was devised and committed against the citizens.
-She shall allocate 30% of the fortune she acquired in Barmenia as an important member of the nobility to the association or associations to help the victims in Barmenia that she chooses.

If any of those requirements are not satisfactory fulfilled, the Supreme Court of Selucia will release a formal order of detention and she will be condemned to 5 up to 10 years in prison.

Signed by:

Aggeliki Bari, Magni Iudex
Sulpicio Quarto
Jayr Kalivas
Acanthio Crito
Agda Cladia
Arcamus Dastis
Romanus Sigilis

The full statement has been sent to the Selucian, Deltarian and Barmenian Governments, and has been published in the State Official Newsletter
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:07 pm

In Marea-Civis Sinistram will denounce the Government for crimes against humanity
The Secretary of the party has announced a formal complaint in the Supreme Court

The General Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, Cynthia Spirou, has just announced a formal complaint against Factio Regimen Immutata and anyone who supports the law proposal currently being debated in the Senate, in the Supreme Court of Selucia.

The proposal, made by Factio Regimen Immutata (current Head of State and chairing the Cabinet), has already received the support of Factio Foedarati, one of the other parties in Government. The proposal says as follows:

As a step to begin identifying those who stand up against the law that states "all nationals are required to register their race and religion" the Fascist Regime proposes armbands for all Yeudis.

The bill on a Selucian state religion, Hosianism, also made it that membership was mandatory. We will provide larger religions, such as the pagans, with more opportunity to apostate.

Yet, the issue of the Yeudis needs to be handled. This is only the first, further action will be taken for all Yeudis that do not co-operate. All Yeudis must have their armbands, and be wearing them, by January of 4308.

Cynthia Spirou has qualified this proposal as unacceptable and a crime against any citizen who lives in the current century.
In her appearance, the leader of the opposition has charged against the "repressive policies" that in her opinion, are leading the country "into a pre-democratic and intolerable era".

Firstly, they turned our nation in a presidentialist nation, breaking the possible control that the Head of State and Head of Government could make one on the other. Then, they withdrawn our nation from treaties such as the Objectives of the Century or the Rights of Womens and Workers. This was followed by a try of implement as national sport one to play with human lives, that was luckily stopped. But not happy with this, they forced everyone to follow a certain religion and pledge to their wills. All of this in collaboration with Factio Foedarati, Factio Liberum Insulae and Capitalismi Motus Modern. All of them are guilty of whatever happens to the Selucian citizens. I won't pledge to their wills, and so won't do any in In Marea-Civis Sinistram. They can try to arrest us, and this will mean the definitive end of democracy in Selucia.
We are going to present a formal complaint in the Supreme Court of Selucia against the Fascist Regimen Immutata and any party that supports this initiative, for promoting hate and discrimination against a certain minority and if this law passes, for crimes against humanity for degrading treatment and prosecution for religious reasons.

We can assure our citizens that In Marea-Civis Sinistram will not agree with this policy and that we will fight until the end for the rights of everyone. No matter what the cost, we have survived worse things.

In the same way, the Praetor of Insularia Zenon Gogolas has announced that his region "will not follow the national policies", opening a deep breach in the federal system of Selucia, and starting a way that no one knows how will it end.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

PreviousNext

Return to National News