Selucia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Imperium de Selucia Daily

Postby Martinulus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Aethan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 am

BREAKING: Selucia breaks down
In Marea-Civis Sinistram calls on Selucians to manifestate massively after the approval of two laws in the nation

The leader of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, Belona Bicansa, in one of the manifestations today

Victoria, Insularia

The Leader of the left-wing party In Marea-Civis Sinistram, Belona Bicansa, has called on Selucians today to go on the streets and demonstrate the rejection of the latest measures approved by the ultraconservative government, called that has been received en masse in the provinces governed by the progressive party, and with a much smaller but significant welcome in Occidentria and Marestella.
This Government is clearly demonstrating that it wants everything except to improve the lives of our citizens, all they want is to see our country break up, sink, while they live comfortably and set in motion their retrograde measures camouflaged with vain words. I have no words to express the profound disgust and repulsion that the actions of those who should work for the good of all our citizens produce me, and only dedicate themselves to work to implement their measures aimed at the white population, men, hosian and heterosexual, discriminating against a large part of the population of our country, It is really funny that they stand for election, claiming that they are different, that they have different ideas for our nation, but they are all the same garbage. I would love to see them going to a clean election under the same name, to see how they go. I'll tell you one thing: I'm a woman, a lesbian and an atheist, and nobody in this country is going to tell me that I'm below anyone. This government may try to silence, may continue to attack minorities with oppressive laws, may continue to attack the freedom of religion in our country, but they will never be able to silence the voice of more than 20 million people who have decided to trust the parties that they really defend the plurality of our country, the reason for our pride. We will manifest ourselves day by day, they will not stop us. They can try it. This Government has exceeded all limits.

We have already formally filed a legal appeal to the Supreme Court, and we will not take the new laws as real laws until the Court expresses its final decision.

Manifestation in the Central Square of Victoria, in Insularia

The two laws Mrs. Bicansa is talking about are the "Restoring Order in Selucia" law and the "Rebuilding the family" law, the first one allowing the prosecution, imprisonment and killing of Yeudish, while also giving military capacities to the police and the creation of torture in Selucia; while the second one directly attacks women and the LGBT group, by banning women and homosexuals from the military and making illegal interracial and homosexual relationships and allowing women only to work in certain places and jobs.

They have awaken the sleeping lion of Selucia. We will not be stopped and thankfully, all the democratic nations in Terra support us. We thank all the nations that have already talked in our favour, and ask them not to take actions against our great nation but against this corrupt and oppresive Government that should and must be stopped right now.

The situations threatens to break Selucia in two parts: one of them supporting the Government and the other opposing it, a situation like never seen in Selucia, and that some experts name as "the perfect background for a civil war".

Policial forces manifestating in Insularia: their shields display the words: "I'm a police and also a brother/son/uncle/mother/husband"

Insularia, Cor Patriae and Oriensos will not follow the central Government

The laws passed by the current Government has also found an opposition in the three of the five regional Governments: those controlled by In Marea-Civis Sinistram have announced a formal appeal and a team of experts to study the laws and find breaches, to protect their citizens. They have announced that until the Supreme Court expresses its final solution they will not act against any citizen of their provinces.

Maybe this Government has forgotten, or does not even know, why In Marea-Civis Sinistram was found: I'll tell them. In Marea-Civis Sinistram was born to fiht another ultraconservative and oppresive government. And guess what: we won. And we will do it again. We will not let this Government fight against its own citizens because their gender, sexual orientation or religion. In Marea-Civis Sinistram will be at the front of the fight. The policial bodies of Insularia, Oriensos and Cor Patriae will not receive an order to act against our citizens until the Supreme Court rules so.
have said the Praetor of Insularia, Zenon Gogolas.

We will grant protection for all those citizens that wishes so. The embassies in Cor Patriae are open to receive international citizens who want to leave our nation,
because of the religious or the sexual prosecution. For those citizens that decide to stay, Insularia, Oriensos and Cor Patriae will grant protection for them until the Supreme Court decides the opposite.
have announced Sepunia Mercator, Praetor of Cor Patriae.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Martinulus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Arch-Patriarch Quirinus XIII blesses protestors

Arch-Patriarch Quirinus XIII arrives in Victoria

Victoria, Insularia - The Aurorian Arch-Patriarch Quirinus XIII has travelled to Victoria to defiantly give the Archipatriarchal blessing to those demonstrating against the oppressive policies of religious persecution by the regime. Seen in the company of several Angelican Friars carrying icons depicting St. Medgar of Phönix, the noted Hulstrian freedom fighter, and St. Justus III, the successor of St. Michael Vigilius appeared in the Central Square of the city to assure demonstrators that the regime’s policies were not Hosian and reiterate his ban of excommunication on anyone associated with the regime. Sources close to the Archipatriarchate have suggested that the Supreme Watcher is so angry that he could even pronounce the dormant penalty of a general local interdict, prohibiting entire parishes and even dioceses from publicly celebrating the Holy Revelation, the central sacrifice of the faith.

As an attack by the regime on the sacred soil of the Empyrean City state in Auroria seems ever more likely, Empyrean Watchers note that Archipatriarchal advisors had advised the supreme pontiff to flee to Ville-des-Saints before the regime could arrest him. Papa Quirinus’s appearance in Victoria is seen as a strong statement of defiance by the Arch-Patriarch, who is emerging as a key proponent of the freedom of religion worldwide after expressing his concern about the situations in Selucia and the Holy Land. The open call upon Aurorian Patriarchal churches to shelter Yeudis angered the regime.

Before pronouncing his blessing on the protestors, the Arch-Patriarch gave a short statement in which he utterly condemned the regime as blasphemers, apostates and heretics:

His Holiness, Arch-Patriarch Quirinus XIII wrote:Brothers and sisters - and I say so to all of you, of whatever creed or confession – peace be with you!

I have come to you today in solidarity to protest the policies of this un-Hosian regime and to wish you every strength and blessing in your righteous cause. Many of my predecessors in the See of St. Michael, including St. Justus III, who witnessed with his own eyes the persecution of Hosians in his native Hulstria, have spoken wise words on the freedom of religion, the free acceptance of a gift that is freely offered.

For religion is not something that can be forced – Our Lord did command Michael to sheathe his sword, even though this could have saved Him from His persecutors. True faith comes from the heart, from the whole being of a person, and cannot be enforced by a law. When the Church reaffirms her belief in the irresistible grace of the Lord, she did not pronounce that the Lord needed the help of a Fascist regime to make it so. To call this propagation of hatred and violence Hosian is blasphemy – it is worse than blasphemy, it is apostasy with your heart from the faith you pronounce with your mouth.

I have excommunicated them, and I warn them now: repent of your sins and stop using the Lord’s name to spread your hatred, or I shall be forced to take further measures to protect the sanctity of the faith and of the Church!

So I stand with you today, your brother in this fight, and if you will accept it, to strengthen you with the blessing of Almighty God. May the Light of God strengthen and guide you as a light to your path, and may the blessing of Almighty God, God and Spirit, who was, who is, and who shall come again, descend among you and remain there always. Amen.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Aethan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Key elections: will they change something?
Last night elections showed the fatigue of the Selucians with the right wing Government

Selucia celebrated yesterday its 4318 Selucian elections, after a turbulent legislature full of accusations and manifestations, with an international outlook on the results that came out of the polls.

After a long night, the following results were announced: In Marea-Civis Sinistram retained the governments of Insularia (Zenon Gogolas) and Oriensos (Pristina Gallea), losing Cor Patriae in favor of Fascist Regime Immutata but winning in return the region of Occidentria, while Brutus Family retained the government of Marestella.

The great surprise of the legislative elections came with the announcement of Partis Imperialis rising as third political force in the Senate, something that however will not serve to add absolute majority with In Marea-Civis Sinistram, since they need at least 14 more votes ; and Fascist Regime Immutata, which goes from being the second parliamentary force to occupy the fourth position, with one of its partners of Government, Brutus Family, becoming the last force of the Senate with just 61 of 750 seats.

These results show that citizens are starting to tire of this zombie government that has only spread hate and discrimination among our society, without contributing anything else to the governability and improvement of the quality of life in our nation. And all this is paid at the elections. Although Factio Foedarati has hidden under a new name, Factio Tolerans, we all know what they voted in the first laws that have been proposed and that surely the citizens will not forget in the next elections. We would have liked to get those 14 seats that we have lacked to achieve a government of change in our nation, but it is clear that we must achieve it between Partis Imperialis and us and for the time being, it has not been possible to do so. However, we will continue to work hard for the citizens to see what is the true useful vote
have been the words of Cynthia Spirou, Secretary of the first force of the Senate and leader of the opposition In Marea-Civis Sinistram.

We also have to thank the effort that some nations are making, in Majatra and the rest of Terra, to unmask the regime that governs our country and that intends to destroy it from the inside. It is a pleasure to see that the relationships that Selucian democracy has woven for years and even centuries do not come down to the first signs of change, and that they remain strong even in the worst moments, when it allies do everything possible to not let Selucia fall into the abyss of repression and discrimination. With our seats in the Senate, we will make all that is in our hands to keep turning the oppresive policies that have been applied in Selucia for some years,
and we will not surrender. We will keep protesting in the street and in the institutions, until we make this government fall.

Our party, In Marea-Civis Sinistram, was born and created by Athena Scudo, Kyrian Aetius Flavius and Ethan Megalos in 4098 with the aim to stop the oppresive regimen of Factio Conservativa in Selucia. We won. We have won every single time someone has tried to destroy Selucia. And we will keep fighting. And if this has to be the end of our party, let it be,fighting until the end for the rights of our citizens.

The Leader of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, new Selucian Head of State

The new Consul of Selucia, Belona Bicansa, after her election

Last night elections delivered another great surprise for the its winner: despite not being able to form a new government, its Leader Belona Bicansa was chosen as new Head of State of Selucia, replacing Consul Cato from the Fascist Regimen Immutata, defeating him with the biggest margin ever recorded for the last four centuries, winning in the 2nd round with almost 65% of the votes. When she knew the news, she gave a speech to her supporters in the headquarters of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, in Insularia.

"Honorable deputies of Selucia, citizens of our nation,
I summoned every single Selucian citizen for this speech in the start of a new period, after the previous Consul Mr. Cato was defeated in the elections. I want to thank Partis Imperialis for its support for democracy and its support for y figure, and I can promise them and everyone of you that I will work hard in my new position.

As I have said, I hope this is just the start of a new period. A new period to recover all the liberties lost, a new period to build our great nation again, to build our great society again. Everyone knows my opinion about the Government that rules Selucia, but I will not let this nation down while I'm able to, and I will start contacts with all democratic nations to stop the madness the Fascist Regimen Immutata and its allies have created in Selucia.

Our nation has pioneered many issues internationally, and I want to encourage this to remain so, that our nation should be known for its way of resolving conflicts, both internal and external, in a peaceful and always seeking the best result, and that can only be done with the collaboration of all. We cannot let this to be broken. I want to call all the Selucians to show their true heart and I know it is far, but to think carefully before voting in the next elections. Only with collaboration we can make a great nation.

I also want to explain myself. All of you know me, I have never hide anything important. I have gone to manifestations against the oppresive measures of this extremist government representing my party, but also representing minorities and oppresed groups in Selucia. I'm a woman. I'm a mother. I'm a member of the LGBT group. But above all, I'm a Selucian. And because I'm a Selucia, I love this nation, and it hurts me so bad to see it being destroyed by those who claim to want the best for this nation, while at the same time they attack everyone that does not agree with their way to think, without even wondering how many things they have done to improve our nation. This must stop. And I will work for it.

I reaffirm my loyalty to Democracy, but I have to reaffirm something else: I am loyal to the ideas I am loyal to the liberties, not to the institutions.

Thank you"
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Selucian Consul visits Istalia
Consul Bicansa is welcomed in Istalia after years of broken relations between both nations during the Governments of the Fascist Regimen Immutata.

After almost a decade of tensions between the democratic and the fascist forces in Selucia, the first group has regained control in the nation and as a first movement, the new elected Consul of Selucia, Belona Bicansa, has decided to restablish the damaged relationships with its nearest allies, specifically Istalia. The two Heads of State have had a meeting in the Presidential Palace of Istalia, where they have discussed about the recent development of the situation in Selucia and the neccessity of measures to stop the rise of new fascist movements not only in Majatra, but in Terra as a whole. From Istalia, the both Leaders have read a message of condemnation of repression and political prosecutions, and against any kind of discrimination based on race, sex, religion or sexual orientation, and have encouraged all the democratic regimes in Majatra to work for the benefit of all their citizens, respecting the freedom of expression and tolerance that "will help any nation to become strong and powerful".

It is expected that the Consul will spend some days in Istalia, visiting the historical places of the nation and working towards the restoration of the Selucian image, badly damaged after the Fascist Regimen Immutata gained the control of the nation.

Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Cynthia Spirou, Head of Government of Selucia

Official Statement of the Selucian Head of Government after the fall of the Fascist Regimen in the nation

Better late than never is what my grandparent used to tell me. Our nation has gone through the worst years of its recent history, but thanks to the perseverance of those who have not stopped believing in freedom and equality, a few years ago we managed to defeat the fascist regime that had got the government of this nation and that sought to destroy everything that citizens had built side by side.

They were tense, hard moments, but moments that we have left behind. Thanks to Partis Imperialis, thanks to In Marea-Civis Sinistram, but above all, thanks to our citizens, who realized where the road that the fascists were showing them was heading and opposed to it.

And now is when it comes the time to rebuild our nation. Because even though they were a short time in power, they caused great damage. How difficult it is to build, and how easy it is to destroy, unfortunately.

The fascists caused great harm to our citizens, to the image of our nation in the eyes of other nations, and it is time to repair that. From here, the new Government of Selucia, composed of Partis Imperialis and In Marea-Civis Sinistram, wants to express its sincere apologies to all those who suffered in their own flesh the oppressive measures of the fascists, in particular the Yeudish, the members of the LGBT collective and women, groups that In Marea-Civis Sinistram has always defended and tried to protect, and that is why it hurts us especially that they have been treated in such an inhuman manner and that violates the basic principles of dignity.

Our Government is already working to shield the nation and make it more difficult for a new fascist government that reaches power to be able to attack any group of our nation and to discriminate them on the grounds of race, sex, sexual identity or religion.

We hope that all of them are able to forgive the actions that Selucia carried out in those dark days of our recent history that will be marked forever in the collective memory.

Remember: Quia nos fuimus, nos sumus, et quod nos sumus, erimus! [Because we were, we are, and because we are, we shall be!]

Sincerely,
Cynthia Spirou,
Caesar Senatus Seluciae.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:09 am

The right wins elections; In Marea defeated in all Provinces
The left party reaches its higher number of seats in the 44th century, but loses all its regional governments.

Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, Cynthia Spirou, while the results were being announced

Incredulity. That is the word that resume the feelings yesterday night in the headquarters of the Selucian left-wing party In Marea-Civis Sinistram, after her Consul Belona Bicansa lost the Presidential elections and Pars Militum Petulantia won the Government in all the Selucian Provinces.

The first result announced, the election of the PMP candidate to replace Belona Bicansa as Head of State of Selucia was a slap in the face for the party, as Mrs. Becansa was one of the main characters in the fall of the Selucian fascist regime and one of the most recognizable faces in the political scenario. The difference of the lose, by almost 10% of the vote in the second round, and thanks to the support of Partis Imperialis to the PMP candidate, hurt also the feelings of the people reunited in the IMCS headquarters in Insularia.

After the HoS results, the Legislative results were announced, resulting in the victory of the Pars Militum Petulantia in all provinces including Insularia, bastion of In Marea-Civis Sinistram for the past almost 70 years. The leader of the Insularian faction of In Marea-Civis Sinistram and former Praetor of the region, Zenon Gogolas, expressed his desolation with the results.

I'm not going to lie, I feel devastated. To lose a region like Insularia, after all the changes I have introduced in it, and all the liberties I have given to its citizens,
feels bad. Really bad. And not to get a single Praetor in these elections will require a deep conversation in the party. We must change. However, it surprises me how fast Selucians forget. We have done the most for them, we have worked and managed to defeat the fascist regime that now has turned into Pars Militum Petulantia, a more moderate right-wing party, and this is what we get. It is a shame...

After the hard words of Mr. Gogolas, Cynthia Spirou, General Secretary of the party, spoke to the media:

We cannot talk about resignations. We have reached our highest percentage of votes and seats in this century, and since 4298 we didn't get a better result.
So we have worked hard, but things didn't work like we wanted them to work, because this good result was not enough to win any province, and we even lost Insularia.
This means In Marea-Civis Sinistram will take its place in the opposition, as I'm sure Partis Imperialis and Pars Militum Petulantia will work together to form a center-right Government coalition; and from the opposition we will try to work hard to change the party and to show us as the real Government alternative. We have no other option but to keep working to achieve better results.

About the decision of PMP and PI of restoring the office of Imperator as Head of State and to giving them the option to choose the regional leaders of the Provinces, Cynthia Spirou has said it is a " bad decision that will be taken note" because it takes even more power away from the citizens, who will be able now to choose only the legislative camera but not who rules them.

Once again, In Marea will have to fight to give rights to Selucians. Nothing new. However, it is funny because citizens only remember us when a problem arises and they know we can deal with it, but when calm times come, they turn their back to us. And we get exhausted too.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:15 am

In Marea-Civis Sinistram regrets the return of the Imperator
The Leader of the republican party has critizised the new law that will stablish a new Head of State

Belona Bicansa, Leader of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, in an act of her party to express the rejection of the Imperator.

Belona Bicansa, Leader of In Marea-Civis Sinistram and former Selucian Head of State, has expressed her party's rejection of the new law that is being voted in the Senate and that would allow electing a new Imperator as head of state of Selucia for life. The law, that counts with the support of Partis Imperialis and Pars Militum Petulantia and the opposition of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, is expected to pass in the upcoming months, as it requires two thirds of the Senate to vote in favour and the current coalition government of Partis Imperialis and Pars Militum Petulantia have 526 seats, 26 more than the required ones.

We will respect what the Senate elects, but we are sad to see how the Senate wants and will put a non democratically elected Head of State for life to the Selucians,
someone they have not voted in favour and someone that can't be replaced when citizens think that they do not represent them anymore. Kings, Imperators... all of them do not belong in our century, and we are sad to see that democracy in Selucia will go back with the return of an Imperator. What specially hurt us is the support of Partis Imperialis, a party that helped us to fight against the dictatorship of Fascist Regimen Immutata, to elect an Imperator proposed by Pars Militum Petulantia, the new name of the former fascist political party.

Has said Mrs. Bicansa in an act of her party to express the disagreement with the new law.

The leader of the Young Mareas, the student and youth formation of the party, Arcano Seponius, has been tougher with the new law, affirming that "this is only the first step to the return of the fascist dictatorship", by placing a non elected Head of State that will be granted exceptional powers, taking advantage of a parliamentary majority that will be lost in the next elections.

We are going to work hard and without rest to eliminate the position of the Imperator, through all the democratic ways. The anthem of our party now has to be present more than ever.

The anthem of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, "Loyal to the ideas, not to the institutions", has been used in many manifestations against undemocratic regimes, specially under the fascist dictatorship a few years ago.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

PreviousNext

Return to National News