Selucia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Imperium de Selucia Daily

Postby Aethan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Strategy change
In Marea-Civis Sinistram risks Insularia in a last-minute change

With elections in a few months, and the possibility of forming government in the horizon according to the polls, no one in In Marea-Civis Sinistram saw it coming.

The mediatic and well-known current praetor of Insularia (in this position since 4286, except for a brief period in 4322-4326), Zenon Gogolas, has been hospitalized after a heart attack.

The 69-year old politician, son of former Caesar Regens of Selucia and also member of IMCS, Spuria Vedrix, is well known in the national scene for his defense of a more independent Insularia of the rest of the regions, traditionally more conservative; his struggle for the rights of immigrants and oppressed groups (including the placing on the region hall of a pannel displaying the anthem "Refugees Welcome") and his harsh attacks on the conservative and right-wing governments that have ruled the nation.

He is also remembered on the international scene for the controversy that was created between Barmenia and Selucia after the fires that ravaged the region and that he was able to manage, accusing the government of Barmenia of offending the families of the deceased after describing the fires as "divine punishments".

The politician suffered a heart attack at midnight yesterday, which led him to be hospitalized urgently at the Great Island Hospital.

Although he is out of danger, sources from the party have already pointed out that for the moment, he will focus on his recovery.

The most important thing now is his total recovery
has signaled the spokesperson of the party, Orion Sideris
He will end this legislature but after that, he will be totally centred in getting well, so he will not repeat as candidate for the Insularian Government.

The event raised the alarms in the party, which saw its most well-known and mediatic candidate fall off the electoral lists and possibly withdraw completely from political life.

There is nothing to worry
Stated the General Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram and former Consul of Selucia, Cynthia Spirou
Although this is a blow for us, the important thing now is to having him recover as much as possible, and therefore we can not afford this to happen again. The party, in any case, is prepared for any inconvenience, and the candidates to succeed him as candidates for the government of Insularia on behalf of our party have already been evaluated and contacted, and the elected will be announced at any time.

In the end, the Secretary of Defence of Insularia, Mr. Ares Zervas, a man of confidence of Zenon Gogolas, has been chosen to try to retain the leadership of the region, one of the most loyal to the left-wing party.

Ares Zervas, new IMCS candidate to the Insularian Leadership

When asked about his feelings of being chosen in the last minute in his first conference as leader of the party in Insularia, he has said:

I don't feel like I'm new or something at all. Still, we have many months before the elections and in fact, I've been working with Mr. Gogolas for the past 5 years, so I think most Insularians know at least, my face.I do not intend to change his politics, I will continue applying the same ideas we have shared many times, so I tell our voters: don't be afraid, don't rethink if you are voting right by voting a different candidate than Mr. Gogolas. I'm here for you, to keep working for the safety of Insularian citizens. Trust me.

Selucian elections will take place on October.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:49 pm

The left loses in Selucia
The historical and only current left-wing party, In Marea-Civis Sinistram, falls under the 200 seats

ImageImageImageImageImage
From left to right: Sepunia Mercator, Ares Zervas, Marcus Atlantis, Phydenis Seusa and Pristina Gallea, regional leaders of In Marea-Civis Sinistram

Tonight's elections have been a nightmare for In Marea-Civis Sinistram. After a strong campaign directed by its national leaders Cynthia Spirou and Belona Bicansa focused on criticism of the current conservative Government, it just seemed like it has encouraged voters to support it. Despite losing only less than 200,000 votes, and collecting the 5th highest amount of votes this century, the big participation in tonight's elections have badly damaged the overall results of the left-wing party, which has fallen to the 3rd position and won 198 seats out of 750, making the party technically useless in the political scenario on its own. Here is how these election where followed in different regions by the regional leaders of the party, who after the results announcement expressed their disagreement with the central leadership politics and claimed for more liberty in regional campaigns.

Insularia:
-Candidate: Ares Zervas (current Consul after the elections)

The traditional stronghold of In Marea-Insularia Sinistram, the Insularian branch of the party, has once again elected a left-wing Praetor, in replacement of former Praetor Zenon Gogolas who is retired from political life after health issues. Results, however, gave no time for joy: only 170,000 votes out of 12.5 million made the difference between the first and the second party, Pars Militum Petulantia, overall winner of the Selucian elections. 53 seats were awarded to IMIS, 51 to PMP and 46 to PI. Results that were far beyond the expected.

I can't say I don't like the results after being elected Praetor of Insularia, but certainly I'm not fully satisfied with them
has confessed the regional leader and Praetor Ares Zervas.
While I was appointed with just a few months to prepare the campaign, I have the figure of Mr. Gogolas behind me. Less than 500,000 votes separated the 1st, 2nd and 3rd parties in this region, and those are bad news. The fact that I was not able to even manage my own campaign is truly a disappointment, and from here I call the central leaders to listen to the voices of regional leaders more often. We usually know better than them what is happening in our region, and we know how to approach the citizens. Don't be foolish. Don't get confused: the right has won more than 90 seats out of 150 in Insularia, and it's going to be very difficult to rule the region.

Those hard words from Mr. Zervas follow the line of criticism Insularia is used to with Zenon Gogolas as regional Praetor, but this time they are focused on his own party instead of in the opposition.

The opinion of Ares Zervas is shared by the rest of regional leaders, who have seen how their powers in relation with what they can do to manage their own campaigns and decisions have been drastically reduced since the administration of Secretary Cynthia Spirou.

Former Praetor of Oriensos/4302-4320 and 4326-4330) and Leader of In Marea-Oriensos Sinistram, Pristina Gallea, has accused Mrs. Spirou of "stopping them from expressing their true ideas and beliefs in other to do what she thinks it's better, but without even visiting the regions". In Marea-Oriensos Sinistram has become the 3rd party in Oriensos for the first time since 4255, almost a century ago, leading to a general anger in the regional branch of the party.

In Occidentria, Phydenis Seusa, Praetor fom 4318 to 4320, has stated that
"while we are still the second political force in the regional senate, 28 seats out of 150 are absolutely nothing. We need more freedom to develop our results".

The Leader of Civis Sinistram Marestella, Marcus Atlantis, the only one of the current Leaders that has not been Praetor of his region,has heavily critizised Mrs. Spirou, citing
"when I managed to get a bit of freedom, in 4322, by a last time movement, we achieved our best result in the region since the past century and became the second force, just 2 seats behind the main force. Now, we have been pushed far away to the almost irrelevance in Marestella, and this needs to stop."

The Leader of Cor Patriae and Praetor of the region from 4308-4318 and 4320-4322, Sepuria Mercator, has refused to give any declaration, by just saying "those who are guilty of the results knew this would happen. I just have to work to fix what others break."

It seems like the general climate in the left-wing party is very tense, and it is not sure whether Cynthis Spirou will continue as General Secretary or will any of the regional leaders do so. There is a meeting scheduled for tonight with the Leader and Secretary of the party, and the five regional leaders.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:30 am

Cynthia Spirou steps aside
The General Secretary of the republicans faced several criticism after last election results

Former Secretary Cynthia Spirou and new Secretary Odysseus Spalas

Cynthia Spirou, now former General Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, decided yesterday to take a step aside from the party after having faced strong criticism regarding the lack of liberties given to the regional leaders to organize electoral campaigns.

I never imagined an end like this, if I have to be honest. Since I took care of this party, I have always tried to do what I thought was the best for our party, but clearly it was not enough. I have decided to leave my role as General Secretary after seeing that I do not have the support of my own people, and I do not have the support of the Selucian citizens and our voters. But let's be clear: the results of our party in the last elections are not a disaster as some people have wanted to say.
We have got the 5th biggest amount of votes this year. While it's true that we have gone under 200 seats, we have lost 10 seats only by losing 200,000 votes. A bad result? Yes. A disaster? Not at all. A disaster was when, during the transition period Ventor-Sicula, our party achieved its worst results, with under 100 seats. We have to stay together if we want to make the left victorious again.
has said Mrs. Spirou in her last conference as Secretary of the republican party.

A recent poll, done by the party, has got the former Secretary placed in the second to last place of worst Secretaries of the party, only above the infamous Percy Lacoonte. The first positions are occupied by Jerzyr Laskaris and Aelius Celer, the longest Secretaries of the party and the longest Head of Government of Selucia.

Popularity of each Secretary among IMCS voters/among Selucian citizens at the end of their term:

1.-Jerzyr Laskaris: 89%/67%
2.-Aelius Celer: 86%/59%
3.-Artemisia Ventor: 79%/61%
4.-Athena Scudo: 76%/53%
5.-Icarion Dadhelus: 74%/65%
6.-Xena Sicular: 71%/47%
7.-Kyrian A. Flavius: 69%/48%
8.-Orion Sideris: 57%/43%
9.-Apollo Volturcius: 56%/39%
10.-Cynthia Spirou: 47%/32%
11.-Percy Lacoonte: 38%/12%

Odysseus Spalas at his election.

Odysseus Spalas has been chosen as new General Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, after defeating the favourite Laos Itullius by a margin of 34%-66% and having gathered the support of the five regional leaders. The politician, who comes from the most progressist faction of the In Marea-Insularia Sinistram, has previously been Secretary of foreign relations of Insularia and Secretary of Health at his young age.

In his inaugural speech, he called for a reform of In Marea-Civis Sinistram.

We can not deny the reality: our party has been accommodated in the current political scenario. When we started as a political project, we won the people's trust because of our ambition and our ideas. We did not stop sending proposals to the Senate to improve the lives of citizens. And yet, for some time, we have become a well-off political party where we are, promoting few changes and happy with the current situation. In summary, we have conformed. And the key to changing the world is not to settle, it is always wanting to aspire to more.

That is why from today I will begin to promote changes in the party, in order to make it more dynamic and to return to our origins, to the times of Laskaris and Celer, to the times of Scudo, those times in which our party won the elections with ease.

It is about regaining the confidence of citizens, to make them see that they can trust us to make their lives better. From the regional governments to the central government. We have four years to prepare our movements. Let's not lose time.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:05 pm

BREAKING Insularia declares the salary difference between men and women illegal

It is the first region of Selucia to legally ban wage inequality between both sexes and any group, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnic group, sexual identity, nationality or religion.

Praetor of Insularia, Ares Zervas, interviewed in an Insularian TV program.

On Friday, the Selucian region of Insularia took a decisive step by turning into a law the prohibition and illegality of wage differentials and stablishing that the same work must obtain the same remuneration regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnic group, sexual identity, nationality or the religion, under huge fines if companies break it.

Experts on gender equality have welcomed the measure and hope that Insularian legislation will encourage other regions and nations worldwide to address this scourge. They also underscore the need to combat the lack of policies in favor of women on a global scale.

There is still a long way to go. Mr. Zervas marks 4334 as the date to end the wage gap in a region where, despite being above the average, only 37% of the parliament is made up of women.

"Success can be attributed to the fact that women assume power and create alternatives to the dominant masculine 'truths' and make visible the invisible realities of women, especially discriminatory practices, including sexual harassment and abuse,"
notes the Praetor, who prior to his elections had already announced a continuation of the progressist policies appplied by his predecesor Zenon Gogolas.
I remember my mother, who had to stay away from home for almost 14h every day so she could bring us something, as my father had refused to pay anything to her and the justice said nothing illegal was being done. Those times have ended in Insularia, and hopefully soon, in the whole Terra.

The report ends by stressing that "the progress of Insularia can be attributed to the fact that women and men share power among themselves as decision-makers" and that, in addition, more and more "men support gender equality".

Feminist groups celebrate the measure in the capital city
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Insularia to develop Sea Forces

The regional Government has announced an ambitious project with international companies

Malen Graci, Insularian Secretary of Defence and International Affairs

The Government of Insularia has announced today, through its Secretary of Defence and International Affairs, Mrs. Malen Graci, the start of a new development of the Insularian Sea Forces in order to strenght the Selucian Navy, abandoned through the years.

We think it is a good time to start working on new ships and to rebuild the entire Selucian navy. Years have passed, and the central Government of Selucia, first with the Fascist Regimen and now with Pars Militum Petulantia, has left our region with almost no funding for the navy or no way to develop our forces. And we, from the regional Government, think it is a big mistake. The Selucian nation is builts over a history of sailors, and we shall not forget our origins. The Sea is our natural territory,
and we should be the top nation on it. We think now it is the perfect time to make Insularia great again by building powerful ships. However, it is obvious that we cannot do it on our own. Many years of inactivity have left our nation with almost no knowledge of new structures and techniques, and that is why we have contacted the Istalian Government in order to help us in building a new Insularian fleet.
she has declared

The Insularian Government, in hands of the left-wing party In Marea-Civis Sinistram for almost 50 years with no interruptions, has always shown a strong disagreement with the conservative governments, that have seen in Insularia a focus of disafection and a region which does not deserve to receive funding. A prove of this is the proposal made by the Fascist Regimen allocating the Military Funding, whichc gave SEN to the regions of Occidentria, Cor Patriae and Marestella, but left Oriensos and Insularia without any funding (those two regions were in hands of IMCS, while the other three were at that time in the hands of the FRI or its allies). With the time, that budget has not suffered any change, and the Insularian and Oriensian regions still have not received a single coin for their military affairs.

The Insularian Government has already announced that the ships will belong to the regional Government, and will not be in the hands of the central Government.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:28 pm

The CoHBT warns of the decline of human rights in Majatra

Facing a single nation in the year 4290, there are now two in which homosexual relations are illegal, and homophobia grows in governments all around the continent

In Marea-Civis Sinistram Secretary, Odysseus Scalas, in the 4333 LGBT March in Auroria, Selucia.

The CoHBT organisation (Coetus Homosexualitatis Bisexual Transexual Seluciae, Union of Selucian Homosexual, Bisexual and Transexual) has warned today, in the inauguration speech of the march of the LGBT pride, of the decrease of the rights of the collective in Majatra.

Back in 4290, being homosexual was only illegal in Beiteynu. That was bad, but the rest of Majatran nations granted a wide range of protection and care to the LGBT group. However, nowadays, being homosexual is illegal in Beiteynu and Kalopia, with 6 out of 15 governments not recognizing the same-sex marriage (only 3 banned it in 4314), 3 of them banning homosexuals in the military and four of them denying the right of sexual identity.

This setback in the rights of the collective is worrisome, especially in nations such as Solentia, Jelbania or Deltaria, in which until recently all its citizens were treated equally.

At this point, in the century we are in, we can not allow ourselves to be treated as a plagued group, as people who do not deserve to have the same rights as others at the expense of our sexual orientation.

That's why, for all those people who say that these demonstrations are no longer necessary: ​​it will continue to be necessary until the last inhabitant of Terra is not afraid to openly say his sexual orientation and know that he will not receive hatred or discrimination for any reason. Until that moment arrives, it will still be necessary to go out to the streets to vindicate us year after year.

Thanks to In Marea-Civis Sinistram, in Selucia we enjoy protection and equal treatment as the rest of citizens, being protected by law, since the year 4100. But whoever is satisfied with this, is very wrong. Because although in nations like Badara, Cildania, Istalia or Zardugal the goal of normalization has been achieved, even in almost half of Majatra's nations we are still treated as a lower class. From here we ask the government of Selucia, and the other governments of Majatra, to try to act diplomatically to achieve equality for all in our continent.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Selucia grants free movement to the son of Juliana Mede

BREAKING Seth, in his thirties, has been granted the free movement by the NIS

Midas Athanas, Chief of the Selucian National Intelligence

The NIS (Nationalibus Intelligentia Seluciae, Selucian National Intelligence), through the words of its chief Midas Athanas, has announced today the end of the official protection program of Seth, the son of Juliana Mede, who was imprisoned in Selucia for crimes against humanity during her time in Barmenia and was later mysteriously murdered during the Government of the Fascist Regimen Immutata.

We believe that there is no longer any reason to keep Mr. Seth in the custody of the national intelligence service. Therefore, from this moment on, free movement around the world is guaranteed, and neither the Selucia's government nor the National Intelligence Center will now be responsible for the actions he decides to carry out, given that, until he decides to carry out the citizenship test, Mr. Seth is a Barmenian citizen and not a Selucian.

Likewise, we announce that the investigation into the causes of the death of his mother are still ongoing, and that they point directly as responsible to the government of the Fascist Regimen Immutata.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:29 pm

"The left seems to be waking up"

The Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram analyzes the latest results of his party in the last elections.

Odysseus Scalas in the Selucian Senate

The Secretary of the only left-wing party of Selucia, Odysseus Scalas, has come to our program today to discuss the results of the last elections and the future actions of his party.
Interviewer: Good morning Mr. Scalas, and thanks for coming here.
Odysseus Scalas: The pleasure is mine.

I: How do you feel about the results of In Marea-Civis Sinistram in the last elections, considering you came to power claiming that "the left will win again"?
O.S: That's a good one to start. I feel good, to be honest. Of course, I would have loved to win the elections and become the new Head of Government of Selucia, but in our current system a coalition is needed and we see Partis Imperialis very comfortable ruling with the former fascists, so there was no possible way to form a government coalition. Still, we are pretty happy with our results, coming in the 2nd position overall, winning 27 more seats and reaching our highest amount of votes since the start of the century, that was followed by a rise in the participation. For us, this is the proof that the left-wing voters that were disenchanted with the former leadership of the party are now coming back to us. Of course things wouldn't change from one day to the other, but we'll see the results of the next elections.

I: And how have the results been received in the regional branches of the party, after the political reform that you did to give more power to regional leaders to celebrate their own political campaigns?
O.S: I have always considered that no one can know better their own voters than the people that has been raised among them. They are a great team and they work hard to show the citizens what they really need and why they should vote for us.

I: Still, your party did not do as good as you thought in the regions.
O.S: It's nice to see that some people know better than myself what I was hoping for these elections. To put some facts on the table: the Occidentrian voters are very, very conservative. We are working hard to get some votes there, but it is very difficult. The results in Cor Patriae are bad, but mainly because we had the votes of so many conservative people, which is okay, but in the end, our party is progressist. That's the truth. We've got our best results in Oriensos since 4290, sadly not enough to get the Regional Governship by losing it for less than 40,000 votes. In the same way, the conservative region of Marestella has seen a rise in the amount of people participating, casually giving us our best result since 4298, probably because... more left-wing citizens voting? Don't know. And finally, we've kept the Governship of Insularia and got our 3rd best result this century. So I guess we've not done so bad in the end. Of course, we have to keep working hard for the next elections, but I can say I'm really proud of what we've achieved in just 4 years.

I: And what is the project for IMCS these 4 years until the next elections?
O.S: We will keep proposing bills in the Senate, even if they are turned down by the conservative Government. We have to show the citizens what we are: a progressist party that fight for the rights of every single Selucian citizens, and that have created some of the best bills in our nation, to make their lifes easier. We are gonna fight.

I: And what is your party stand in the games that Pars Militum Petulantia is going to celebrate in order to the return of the Imperator?
O.S: Isn't it obvious? We are not going to be represented at them. PMP has accused us of "refusing the Selucian traditions", which is basically not true. What we refuse is the use of unjustified violence in order to celebrate the return of a non-elected Leader to Selucia. We refuse the violence of these games. If the games were celebrated without any death, that was what we asked to the Government and what was totally refused, we would considered sending some kind of representation. But still, there is the issue of the Imperator. We've put down some Imperators in the past, we do not care to do it again. We are proud republicans, and we think everyone with a bit of mind would be a republican too. What is the point of having someone that has been chosen by a political party, and not by the citizens, as representative of the State? Personally, that person that calls himself "Imperator", doesn't represent me and I don't recognize his figure. If others want to do it, it is fine, but I won't bend my knee.

I: Thanks for your visit, you've spoken very clearly.
O.S: that was the problem of our pary, no one except some regional voices like Zenon Gogolas spoke clearly. Now it's the time for all of us to do the same.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 am

Insularia to start working on new ships

The regional government has announced a deal with an Istalian company

Governor of Insularia, Ares Zervas, with a high position of the Leonardi Industrial Group

The regional Governor of the Selucian region of Insularia, Ares Zervas, has announced today the agreement between the Insularian Government and the Istalian company Leonardi Industrial Group, in order to develop a new fleet for the region.

The Selucian fleet has been in need of improvement for a long time, and given the apathy of the central government, the government of Insularia decided the last legislature to contact international companies to develop a more modern Navy that allows us to defend ourselves or maintain security in the region's borders.

And now, with the government of In Marea-Civis Sinistram legitimized at the ballot boxes after the last elections, negotiations with the Leonardi company, based in Istalia, have been carried out.

Despite the blockade of funds to which the central government has subjected our region, we have managed to reach an agreement to commission two destroyers and three frigates, which will serve to improve the military capacity of Insularia.
has said the regional leader in his inaugural speech.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:06 pm

In Marea-Civis Sinistram proposes change in Selucian Nationality

The left-wing party offers a more detailed version in granting Selucian citizenship.

Odysseus Scalas explaining the proposal

The General Secretary of In Marea-Civis Sinistram, Odysseus Scalas, has surprised the Senate today by coming with a new version of the Selucian Nationality law, which, in his words, it's "outdated" and needed "a revision".

We saw the problem with Mrs. Juliana Mede and his son Seth. There was a lot of debate and the issue even arrived to the Selucian Supreme Court, about whether her son should receive Selucian nationality or not. We therefore decided that the Selucian Nationality Law was very unclear and needed a deep revision, and after some work,
we have finally come with a much more detalied and specific version that, hopefully, will avoid any possible troubles with Selucian nationality in the future.

The Bill, named Selucian Nationality Law, says the following:

Citizenship of Selucia can be obtained on the basis of birth, marriage of parents, adoption, or the place of birth. In addition, it may be acquired by application or by declaration to authorities. Selucian citizenship acquisition is based on the combination on the legal principle of jus sanguinis and jus solis.

1. Birth

1.1 Jus Solis: A child born in Selucian territory becomes a Selucian citizen if:
- At least one of the child's parents is a Selucian citizen.
- The Selucian authorities declares so.

1.2 Jus Sanguinus: A child acquires jus sanguinis Selucian citizenship at birth if:
- At least one of the child's parents is a Selucian citizen
- At least one of the child's parents is a Selucian citizen, the child is born in Selucia out of wedlock, and paternity has been established;
- The child's father who died before the child was born was a Selucian citizen and who was married to the child's mother at the time of his death
- The child's father, who died before the birth of the child, was a Selucian citizen and the child was born in Selucia out of wedlock and the father's paternity was established.

2. Legitimation

A child who is born abroad and whose father/mother is a Selucian citizen will acquire Finnish citizenship when the parents get married. If paternity has been established, the child will acquire Selucian citizenship as of the date of the marriage contract. If paternity is established after this point, the child will acquire Selucian citizenship as of the date on which paternity is established.

3. Adoption

A foreign adopted child under 16 years of age will automatically acquire Selucian citizenship if at least one of the adoptive parents is a Selucian citizen and if the adoption is recognised as valid in Selucia. A local register office will enter the child's Selucian citizenship in the population register.

An adopted child who is over 16 years old may apply for Selucian citizenship by declaration.

4. Naturalisation as a Selucian citizen

4.1. Citizenship by application

A foreigner may be granted Selucian citizenship upon meeting certain requirements, including:

- Seven years continuous residence OR a total of ten years residence since age 16, with the last two years residence continuous
- Knowledge of Selucian language.

For those married to or in a registered partnership with a Selucian citizen for more than three years, the residence requirement is reduced to :

- Four years continuous residence OR six years total residence since age 16 (with the last two years continuous)
- Knowledge of Selucian language

These reduced residence requirements also apply to recognised refugees and stateless persons.

Former Selucian citizens are only required to have two years continuous residence in Selucia.

The authorities have the right to refuse an application for citizenship by application even if the requirements are met.

4.2. Citizenship by declaration

Declaration is a simpler method of acquiring Selucian citizenship. If the legal requirements are met it must be granted.

Categories of persons eligible for citizenship by declaration include:

4.2.1 Long-resident young persons

Persons aged between 18-23 may acquire Selucian citizenship by declaration if:

- Resident in Selucia for a total of 10 years (6 years if born in Selucia) AND domiciled in Selucia AND not sentenced to imprisonment

5. Removal.

A Selucian citizen will lose the Selucian nationality if:

- They become citizens of a nation declared as "public enemy" by the Selucian authorities.
- They voluntarily enter in the military or political service of a foreign nation against the specific prohibition of the Selucian authorities.
- A judgment declares that the citizen committed falsehood, concealment or fraud in the acquisition of Selucian nationality.

The bill now has to pass the vote in the Senate. If it passes, the Selucian authorities will have to start an exhaustive work in studying the status of every single Selucian citizen.
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

PreviousNext

Return to National News