Malivia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Malivia

Postby Leonardo222 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:13 pm

The malivian military makes his biggest parade.Malivia demonstrated with this parade, his military power.

(1.st Colonial company)

Leonardo222

Re: Malivian times

Postby Leonardo222 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Gouvenor heino Janssen announced the new budget with abolish of the incom tax.
"We are ready to go forward.Of course, we had to cut at the infrastructure and at the social services.But we had balance this budget."
Leonardo222

Postby Leonardo222 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:57 pm

The Head of Gouverment of Malivia risegned after months of fighting.His sucessor is the first female Head of State in malivia.
"We will fight for freedom! said Mrs Kallenburgs.

Leonardo222

Postby Amazeroth » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:55 am

Elections change Malivia

Malivia rejoices after elections.
New government in session.

Hundreds of thousands of Malivians were celebrating in the streets this evening. Fireworks could be seen all over the country. After a long, uninterrupted rule of the conservative party, a new party has radically claimed the majority of the Nationalrat. The people have elected a new president, and a new government has been already formed.
The exciting newcomer in Malivian politics is the Geradschanische Wohlfahrtspartei (Gerajan Welfare Party), a party both committed to welfare as a principle of the state, and Geraja, the most ancient and furthest spread religion of Malivia.

The new president, Johann Rahyyawinda, is the man who has called the party into being.
"I was just fed-up with the way the country was being run. Everywhere industries got privatised and processes got optimized, and in the process, consumerism grew, and the working people were forgotten. This had to change. So I founded the Gerajan Welfare Party" as he writes in his newly published autobiography "Living by Welfare" (published by Rahyyawinda Press GmbH). He is closely linked to the Raja, the leader of the different Gerajan factions.

Präsident Rhayyawinda as a kid. His loveable facial expression has became his trademark later on.

And already, a new government has been formed, not surprisingly consisting only of GWP members. The new Kanzler, Theresia Bunyarinda, has been wishing to become chancellor from her childhood on. "I always wanted to become chancellor. I remember, when I was four, my mother asked me what I wanted to be. 'Chancellor', I said. My mother laughed, and said 'you, chancellor? Girls don't get to be chancellor with the conservatives ruling'.", Kanzler Bunyarinda tells us in her autobiography "Chancelière ou la mort" (Rahyyawinda Press GmbH). But she has become chancellor now, and being female hasn't been an issue at all with the people of Malivia. It seems sure, that she will be judged only by her deeds, and not her gender.

Kanzler Bunyarinda as a student. Finally, Malivia has a chancellor not only smart, but also hot! Something that couldn't be said for the former chancellor, the conservative Josef Bärenburg.

And the rest of the government is equally, if, in some cases, not more interesting. They are:

Erich Munindyur, the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Old but sturdy, coming from an old family of successful diplomats that has seen such strange and foreign places as Kazulia, Hutori, or Kalopia.

Der Große und Schreckliche Erzoffenbarer, der aller Macht innewohnt, the Minister of Internal Affairs. Not much is known of this particular character, but he seems to be very old (some would say ancient), and is determined to ruthlessly exterminate crime wherever he can spot it.

Jonas Gumindar, the Minister of Finance. He is a Guru in two senses: He is both the head of a Gerajan faction, and the famed author of "Economics of Welfare", the ground work of Gerajan economy.

Leopold Sayyasaburagh, the Minister of Defence. Coming from a family that has an old tradition of being soldiers, mercenaries, hired guns, or thugs, depending entirely on the famous "eye of the beholder", this is a man fit to lead Malivia's many armies into battle, never regarding the consequences.

Severin Aurasana, the Minister of Justice. If you were to call his neighbours, they would describe him as "a just man", in this or a very similar word order. What else would you expect of a man soon to be responsible for the legal system of our nation?

Elisabeth Honiunda, the Minister of Infrastructure and Transport. The one remarkable feature she has? Well, she's the chancellor's cousin! And therefor a shining example of just how much the new Kanzler cares about his family.

Shsszz'ssszziss, Echse der Guten Gesellschaft, Minister of Health and Social Service. Perhaps one of the most perplex members of the new government, Shsszz'ssszziss claims to be not a human, but some sort of giant lizard, and can trace his lineage back to a tribe of said creatures in the Kazulian swamps. While many who have actually seen this illustrious entity, will tell you that he is actually just a man in a well woven lizard costume, there are some who will insist that he is indeed one of the lizard kin.

Ferdinand Gayarwhada, Minister of Education and Culture. Even if he isn't related to the Kanzler, he was still the man who contributed most to her electoral campaign, financially speaking. Another shining beacon for the chancellor's gratitude, and as such an example for the whole nation!

Ayya Sehrtot, Ministry of Science and Technology. The first view makes it all clear: Ayya needs to be Minister to change her appearance. This becomes even more clear when she is standing next to the chancellor. But with that much personal incentive to do her job, nothing will go wrong in her ministry, that's for sure!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061220152550/particracy/images/b/b0/Aud.jpg
Ayya in an interview. In order not to increase the already problematic heart attack rate of our readers, we can only provide a link.

Ottokar Blutaxt, Minister of Food and Agriculture. Ottokar Blutaxt is a very silent man. That is not as surprising, if you know that his tongue had been cut out by the sect of extremist Gerajans he currently belongs to. He also has 195 different tattoos, and is pierced in ways a-plenty. He has lived most of his life sitting on a 2 foot high stone pillar and staring into the sun, a practice that has rendered him completely blind.

Julia Malayada Iniasurburayawadan, Minister of Environment and Tourism. Many stories are out there about Julia Iniasurburayawadan, especially about her night-life. Many will call her a vamp, but only the supersticious go as far as to call her a vampire, and they quickly die of blood drainage or a similar disease. Due to her personal radiation, it seems unable to take a picture of her, but our readers can rest assured, that she is indeed something to feast one's eyes on.

Faizal ibn Mukkhaddin, Minister of Trade and Industry. Faizal comes from a grand family of Al-Badaran traders and merchants, and is very rich. Some would even tell you that he has dabbled with the black arts and become a powerful sorcerer, but in order to find such people, you have to venture into the next mental asylum. Outside of them, everybody seems to have taken to the charismatic figure, with his black hooded cloak and the crooked nose lurking under it.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Leonardo222 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 am

Reforming and rebuilding of the Opposition

After the heavy election defeat and after decades in power, the Conservative Party has to rebuilt itself.

423 seats lost,a lot of former cabinet members out of parliament, and a party in trouble, that are the results of the latest election. But at once the former chancellor Josef Bärenburg accepted his defeat and gave way to the next generation.
So the leadership election was even a greater horror for the party.After 3 ballots and not sooner the Conservative Party has found it's new leader: Hans Berger.
He was elected with 57,6% of all party votes.

"I will rebuilt the Conservative Party and our goal for the next election is a ten percent swing torwards us."

At once Mr Berger strated to attack the government on their latest activities. He asked question why the government want to withdraw from the Axis Treaty, or wheter they belive they can generate economic growth when they spent money on social Services.

All in all the Conservatice Party made a good choice. But Mr Berger has to fullfill the promise he made and he also has to restructure his party.It isn't good for a two party system when one party has such a huge majority.Mr Berger will have much work to do until he has the next possibility to make gains.We will see how the Conservative Party will do in the Local elections next year.
Leonardo222

Postby Amazeroth » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Tragedy in Malivia

Today, at breakfast, the Präsident Johann Rahyyawinda was assassinated by a disgruntled soldier. The disgruntled soldier, Franz Stocherbart, was close to the president from the beginning of his assault, as he was one of the soldiers whose duty it was to guard the president himself. He shot two other soldiers, and then opened fire at the president, just as he was preparing to eat his morning toast.
President Rahyyawinda was dead before any help could come, and Stocherbart could be captured after a small fight. Originally, it seems, Stocherbart had been planning to commit suicide, but had unfortunatly emptied his whole clip into the president.
When asked why he did this, Stocherbart only insanely repeated the words "That face, that idiotic, arrogant face!".

However, it cannot be said for sure, that the opposition hadn't had a hand in this, as they were amongst those who always disliked the new president.

New elections are planned and voted upon as this article is printed.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Re: Geradschanische Wohlfahrtszeitschrift von Malivia

Postby Leonardo222 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:58 am

Victory!

The results of the latest elections are very good news for Mr Berger Conservatives. He made over 132 net gains up and down the country and his party won also the election for the office of the Präsident.

Here are the figures of the election:

Con: 310 seats (+132) share of the vote: 50.94% (+21,96%) share of the seats: 51.58%

Wohlfahrt.: 291 seats (-132) share of the votes: 49.06% (-21,96%) share of the seats: 48.42%

So the Konservative Partei won by a majority of 19 seats. The Reasons for the crushing defeat are not clear. But Mr Berger made it clear, that he will continue to investigate the murders of the former president. "We will find the real murders of the president and we will also investigate in the military.We cannont allow such a criminal act!"
Then he went on to say that he will give further details a soon as possible.
Leonardo222

Postby Leonardo222 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Back to Treatys

Today, the chancellor made it very clear, that Malivia will return as soon as possible to the Axis and to the Treaty of Belgon. "We will not allow that Isolationism grows!" said Mr Berger. Then he add, he will do the necessary things.
Meanwhile the Finance Minister Oswald Hassheim introduced a new bill in order to form a central bank. "This central bank will be independent and of course it will safe our nations of great inflation rates. A stable economy is only possible with a stable currency.Avoid inflation rates over 2% that is the simple goal of the new Malivian Central bank."

Another very important issue was the actual transport bill. This bill wants to privataise the post and the train. Transport minister Falko Junghans-Messerschmidt said to the critisism: "These changes are necessary, and the other very important chnage is the new toll on all national highways is necessary in order to finance a good traffic system."
Against the new toll, there are many protests up and down the country.
ImageImage
Leonardo222

Postby Leonardo222 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:18 pm

The new Millenium

Huge celebrations up and down the country

The citizens of Malivia celebrated the new Millenium everywhere. Mr Berger said: "We will fight for prosperity and a fair future for all the people also in the new Millenium!". But Mr Berger is also very concerned about the new party."This party will destable our democracy and I'm very concerned about that.I hope the new millenium will bring us no new wars and a fair democracy!"

Leonardo222

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Disappointment in Malivia

About 40 000 Malivians were gathered at the center of the Walkuni plains today, desperately waiting for the moment their clocks showed 23:08, on May 3rd 3000. In every face there was an expression of glee, and sometimes utter extasy.

They were waiting for the world to end, and their elevation into what may be called a foreheaven.

The Gerajan sect of the Vedajanim believes that the world will end soon, and that only their followers will be rewarded with some kind of afterlife (and then ultimately the entrance into Gerana). These sect's chief mathematician had calculated that the 3rd of May would be the exact date, and the chief astronomer had determined the exact time.
Now they are all bitterly disappointed, as the world still goes on.
"All my life I have waited for this moment, and now? I've pawned everything away, and there are twenty mortgages on my house, in order to ensure me a grand lifestyle before the bang. Now I'm going to have to pay it back! What shall I do?" cries out enraged Georg Gubali, while frantically pulling on our reporter's collar.

A dispaired Vedajan reading about the continued existance of the world online.

Indeed, the outlook is not good for the Vedajanim, as most of them pulled such schemes, convinced that their creditors would be long gone when payback was due. Some of them actually blame the government for being "too efficient in saving the world", others blame the other Gerajan faiths, and some blame indeed the Raja.

It is hard to say, what will become of these sad fools, but if it will be interesting at all, you'll be able to read about it here.
Amazeroth

Next

Return to National News