Valruzia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Mouth of Valruzia

Postby LukasV » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:06 am

The Mouth of Valruzia (MoV) - February 22nd, 3275
BREAKING NEWS: Former Emperor Henryk I Passes Away
Story By: Marcin Heder, Columnist

-Białograd, Wielkowalruzja

The former Emperor of the former Valruzian Empire has passed away due to health complications while on retirement in Gaduridos. The monarch fled Valruzia after a string of protests and riots engulfed the nation as a result of a revolutionary new government's agenda, seeking political asylum and refugee status in Gaduridos. He was discovered unconscious in his seaside villa on the southern tip of Marligantos 2 days ago, and was immediately rushed to Azban General Hospital, where he was declared comatose and admitted into the Intensive Care Unit. After 72 hours, he was declared deceased due to sudden cardiac arrest. Foul play has been ruled out as the cause of death. A further toxicology examination showed that he had been taking a nootropic drug named NZT-48, an experimental psycho-stimulant that increases neural capacity and streamlines synaptic function. It is suggested that that it may be the cause of the incident.

The Emperor's body will be flown home tomorrow, and a funereal service will be held in Białograd the following day. The 24th of February will be declared a national day of mourning.

Emperor Henryk I, you will be sorely missed.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:19 pm

The Mouth of Valruzia (MoV) - April 12th, 3276
Title Race Ends with Hel FC on Top
Story By: Damian Fedarowski, Sports Columnist

-Hel, Tormaszek

Hel FC made another imprint on Valruzian football history, as they took home the title for yet another well-played season. The reigning champions struggled to find their footing at the start of the season, but were able to pick up later in the season, contesting FK Relonanki for top spot. The top clubs played spectacular football, creating a rather tense title race this season. Additionally, several new football records have been set this season, particularly on goal difference (with 37 by both Hel FC and FK Relonanki), as well as individual club records. Hel FC took the title with 72 points this year; a drop from 73 last season, but a winning number nonetheless. The Tormaszek club were fighting with everything against FK Relonanki for the top of the table, and Relonanki finally gave way 25 games in.

Following a tight title race, FC Białograd came in second with 70 points, only just prevailing over a determined TKS Traczengrad who, with 70 points as well, were beaten on goal difference. A dejected FK Relonanki took fourth place with 68 points, having led the table for the most part of the first 25 games.

In terms of relegation, FC Podrynek will be relegated into 2nd League, following a dismal performance this season, in comparison to their 4th place finish last season. KS Nawiączek will be joining them, having been unable to secure a spot out of relegation. Replacing them will be AKS Barasz and FC Olbark.
Hel FC, the unstoppable.

Code: Select all
Position      Team          P     W     D     L     F     A    GD   Pts                        
1+       Hel FC            34    22     6     6    94    57    37    72
2+       FC Bialograd      34    22     4     8    76    44    32    70
3+       TKS Traczengrad   34    21     7     6    74    51    23    70
4+       FK Relonanki      34    21     6     7    84    47    37    69
5       *Górnik Walgodno   34    15     8    11    70    65     5    53
6        Kamus FC          34    13    10    11    80    71     9    49
7        Gwardia Żmigród   34    13     9    12    68    66     2    48
8        Legia Czerwionka  34    15     1    18    59    63   - 4    46
9        Valruz Berej      34    13     7    14    59    68   - 9    46
10       AKS Krawiec       34    11    10    13    60    61   - 1    43
11       BKS Babice        34    12     6    16    51    66   -15    42
12      *Lechia Smałyrz    34    12     5    17    56    62   - 6    41
13       IKS Ignaczak      34    11     8    15    64    74   -10    41
14       Gracze Miranowa   34    11     5    18    57    78   -21    38
15       FK Godno          34     9     8    17    51    68   -17    35
16       Galia FC          34    10     4    20    63    79   -16    34
17-R     KS Nawiączek      34    10     4    20    67    86   -19    34
18-R     FC Podrynek       34     7     8    19    53    80   -27    29

"Top 8 teams qualify for Valruzian Superpuchar."
* - denotes a team promoted from 2nd League.
+ - denotes advancement into Seleyan Champion's League.
R - denotes relegation into 2nd league.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - May 19th, 3381
The Monarchy Returns to Valruzia
Story By: Robert Komorowski-Zieler

Emperor Walentin tours the countryside in style.

After over 150 years of decline, depression, and conflict, prosperity and sound government return once again to Valruzia, as a result of a unanimous decision in the government to return the nation to a Monarchic state. The former President, Walentin Zukowski, has been sworn in as the new Emperor of Valruzia, due to his ancestral connection to Emperor Arthur I.

The Emperor will be touring the nation for the next month, before departing on International visits.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Re: Valruzian Media Syndicate

Postby LukasV » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - November 10th, 3383
Emperor Omits Visit to Likatonia on World Tour
Story By: Jan Papież

Emperor Walentin boards his late-night flight to Vorona, for the start of his tour.

In a release of his international itinerary of visitations, Emperor Walentin has declared that he will not be visiting the Federal Republic of Likatonia while on his tour of Terra. This information has become known just hours before his departure to the Republic of Vorona for the start of his tour.

"The reasons for this omission are simple," stated His Majesty, in a press statement following the release. "I will not be visiting nations that undertake acts of terrorism, acts of conspiracy, and unjustified acts of war against Valruzia. Where is the justice for the thousands of brave Valruzian men and women that died needlessly under the hand of Likatonian forces? Valruzian blood is still on their hands, and even almost a century after its end, it is still a fresh wound that has not truly healed."

The Emperor has also released statements concerning the United Republics of Lodamun, the Free and United Country of Kalistan, and the Six Imperial Kingdoms of Davostag, expressing the need for higher security measures as a result of sub-par foreign relations with these nations.

The Emperor will start his tour in Vorona, and continue north to Lourenne and the remainder of Dovani, before continuing westward.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 am

Valruzian Media Syndicate - June 26th, 3394
NUCLEAR DISASTER AT MAŁOKRĄŻ

-Walgodno, Małowalruzja

An explosion was triggered after radiation filters failed in reactors 2, 3, and 4 of the facility.

At 17:36 UTC, a radiation filter malfunction in reactions 2, 3, and 4 of the Białoczarny Nuclear Power Plant near Małokrąż, Małowalruzja, resulted in an explosion and fire in the facility, releasing large quantities of radioactive gases and other contaminants into the atmosphere, which have spread over much of Southwestern Valruzia, Eastern Baltusia and Northern Tukarali. The initial explosion has killed an estimated 183 people, with many more casualties expected due to the rising levels of radiation in the area. Residents of Małokrąż and the surrounding areas are in the process of being evacuated, and the Valruzian Grand Vizier has notified the Tukarali and Baltusian governments of this matter.

Details on the cause of the blast, as well as the possible aftermath, will follow as soon as they become available.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - September 4th, 3394
Nuclear Disaster Contained, Cleanup to Conclude Shortly

-Galia, Chulbark

Valruzian cleanup crews have been able to isolate and contain the damaged reactors within 72 hours of the blast.

Since the catastrophic meltdown at the Białoczarny Nuclear Power Plant near Małokrąż, Małowalruzja, over 2 months ago, radiation cleanup crews have been working tirelessly to try and contain the area, and to limit the number of injuries and casualties caused by the disaster. While the source of the radioactive material has been isolated and disposed of, it is estimated that a cloud of lethal radiation has irradiated an area of 12,529 square kilometers, most heading in a southwestern direction as a result of wind patterns. All settlements within a 150 kilometer radius of the plant have been deemed deadly and inhabitable for at least another century. This rules out a vast area of southwestern Małowalruzja as out-of-bounds, including the city of Krawiec, as well as the Governate's capital, Walgodno. A temporary government administration will be set up in Małowalruzja's second largest city, Ignaczak.

It is projected that the north winds will propel the large radioactive cloud of debris through the majority of the Eastern portion of Tukarali, as well as the Southwestern parts of Baltusia, eventually reaching Northwestern Gaduridos, where it is estimated to be at a non-threatening capacity. As it stands, 183 persons were killed in the initial explosion caused by the reactor failure, with an additional 2,395 succumbing to radiation poisoning. A further 10,492 are estimated to be in hospital receiving treatment. There are no current reports on the number of Tukarali or Baltusian casualties at this time.

In this dire hour, the Valruzian government would like to issue an apology to the victims and families of those who have affected by this tragedy, as well as to the surrounding nations of Tukarali and Baltusia for our mistakes in the operation of this matter.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby markbryja » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Popular Worker's Revolution Begins in Valruzia

Led by Kapitan Andrzej Tomaszewski,The PWRR announces today it intends to overthrow the monarchy and install a People's Republic.At an emergency press conference,Tomaszewski said "Today,the beginnings of the restoration of democracy begin.The people are tired of the monarchy and it is time to lead a revolution.We will lead that revolution to victory and bring real change to Valruzia!"He announced that once the revolution is successful,the nation will be renamed Rewolucyjna Ludowa Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska(Revolutionary People's Republic of Valruzia)
Attachments
images (4).jpg
Tomaszewski at today's press conference
images (4).jpg (4.67 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
markbryja

Postby LukasV » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

OOC: Oh, for fuck's sake, we just transitioned from a republic state. Aren't you people just so fucking original.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby markbryja » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Dont get too angry now..
markbryja

Postby LukasV » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 pm

OOC: Sorry, but Valruzia just got out of being a Republic, and the notion of reverting back to one after 20 ingame years is a little frustrating. I meant no offence to you or your idea, but this game has recently stagnated, creatively speaking, with republics and its associated administrations.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

PreviousNext

Return to National News