Valruzia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Valruzian Media Syndicate

Postby LukasV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:16 am

Valruzian Media Syndicate -June 11th, 3402
Rutkowski: Leave Deltaria Alone
Story By: Filip Madrewski
Foreign Minister Jan Rutkowski believes that Deltaria should sort themselves out.

-Brony, Kampania

"Deltaria? Eh, fuck 'em. We've got our own problems." Of all the bizzare statements to come out of the Foreign Minister, this must be a highlight.

In a press conference called earlier today to discuss the arson and vandalism committed against the Valruzian embassy in Deltaria, the Foreign Minister seemed to think that the whole situation was one big joke. Amid questions targeted at his administration's ability to handle and contain the situation, Mr. Rutkowski seemed unable to contain his amusement with the situation, with periodic outbursts of laughter and scoffs at the subject matter. Truth be told however, many of the reporters and personnel at the conferences acted likewise, so perhaps there was just something in the air that day.

Throughout the press conference, Foreign Minister Rutkowski emphasized the need for a moderated approach to Deltaria, stating that while all ties to the nation have been now severed, it may be necessary in the future to repair those ties, and that contingency measures should be in place for that eventuality.
Foreign Minister Jan Rutkowski wrote:This Blue Shirts Movement is only hurting the Deltarian people; it's ironic that they think that they represent the unspoken citizen, when they are destroying the very foundations that the citizen depends on for some form of viability. [...] Once the Deltarians come to their senses, we can come in to help out with the cleanup. However, if their government is replaced with representatives of this terrorist group [the DBSM], we will have no choice but to refuse recognition of that government, and of Deltaria as a nation. [...] It's painful to watch sometimes, but in order to stymie the rising tensions in the nation, we [the Valruzian government] must take a role as observers until some conclusion is reached. Or until some form of attack on Valruzia is made. [...] We will not be threatened by thugs. If they [the DBSM] take the government, we will do everything in our diplomatic power to see that it fails, so that Deltaria can return to a free and righteous rule.

Meanwhile, the Department of Foreign Affairs has offered asylum to any Deltarian residents that wish to flee the ravaging violence in their nation.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 am

Valruzian Media Syndicate - August 19th, 3402
Land Purchase Offer Made to Luthori
Story By: Bartosz Bielak
Valruzian legislators have accepted the viability of having a colonial holding, and have submitted an offer to the Luthori Empire.

-Białograd, Wielkowalruzja

In a move that was expected for some time now, the Valruzian government has decided on making a purchase offer for Luthori-controlled lands in the East. While no concrete area has been chosen, it is known that Valruzia seeks a holding on either Dovani, Squibble, or Tropica at this time. The Valruzian government is confident that the Luthori Empire will allow for a seamless transaction that will benefit both nations.

Offers had also been sent to Statrica, but had been rejected to their newly-acquired independence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valruzian Media Syndicate - August 19th, 3402
Hel Building World's Largest Airport
Story By: Damian Liegry
Due to Hel's central location in the world, it was determined that an airport should be built as a hub for Seleya.

-Hel, Połysk

In what seems to be the decade of renewal for Valruzia, a decision has been made to build the world's largest airport in Hel, Połysk, as to attract a larger visitation of tourists and dignitaries to Valruzia. While Hel already has a sizable international airport, this new design will set the old one to shame, leaving it as a secondary airport for layovers and most regional flights.

According to the blueprints set out by contractors "Helisham International", the airport is set to be spread over an area of 8,640 acres, and will service some 120 airlines in its starting year. The airport will act as a hub for Seleya, as well as a stopover point between East and West. It will contain the world's largest airport terminal, and will be powered independently, using renewable energy.

Construction of Hel Central International Airport will commence in April 3402, and its estimated completion date is Summer 3410.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - November 6th, 3402
Luthori Says No, Valruzia Refuses Answer
Foreign Minister Jan Rutkowski looks ready to burst a blood vessel when surrounded by reporters after the Senate session today.

A frustrated Jan Rutkowski came out of the senate session today, after negotiations with Luthori over land purchases fell apart due to their nonchalant refusal to cooperate. The Foreign Minister has been letting his stress and strain show recently, with many derogatory comments being issued at foreign dignitaries for seemingly trivial things, and today would seem to be no exception.

After being denied yet again in the struggle to gain some overseas territory, Valruzia's colonial future seems bleak. Having tried unsuccessfully for the past 200 years to gain some sort of land elsewhere, a feeling of desperation is beginning to set in on this issue, driving people slightly mad. With this in mind, it would only be a matter of time before something snaps.
Last edited by LukasV on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - December 20th, 3402
Foreign Minister Rutkowski Resigns
Foreign Minister Jan Rutkowski resigns after just 2 years in office.

Citing health reasons and inability to further perform his duties, Foreign Minister Jan Rutkowski has tendered his resignation. He will be replaced by his under-secretary, Fiona Hawry.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 am

Valruzian Media Syndicate - February 5th, 3403
Hostage Situation in Deltaria
146 Valruzian citizens are being held hostage in Deltaria by the DBSM.

-Brony, Kampania

The Deltarian Blue Shirts Movement wanted to see just how many of Valruzia's buttons they could push. It seems they finally get their result.

In a further development of the anti-Valruzian violence in Deltaria, a total of 146 citizen and other travelers were taken as potential hostages by the DBSM, after the last flight out to Valruzia was grounded by enclosing DBSM forces. The terrorists seek to use these hostages as leverage against their own president and government, who has since fled to Valruzia seeking refuge. Additionally, it has been reported that a military coup of the Deltarian government is in progress, providing further complication to this matter.

In a unanimous vote in the senate today, Valruzian lawmakers have decided to send a retrieval task force into Deltaria, to extract the Valruzian citizens taken hostage by the terrorists. While they are instructed to keep casualties to a minimum, the military is authorized to use lethal force if met with any resistance.

Foreign Minister Fiona Hawry emphasized that this is a purely an undertaking to protect the lives of Valruzians at risk, and that there is no other reasoning for a military action.
Foreign Minister Fiona Hawry wrote:We will not be negotiating with terrorists. Their anger is at their own government's actions, and should not be reflected on Valruzia. [...] We value and cherish every Valruzian life, and it is our duty as members of the government to protect Valruzia and its citizens no matter what. This situation incurred by the DBSM is a travesty and it cannot be taken lightly. [...] This is strictly a get-in, get-out operation. We're not liberators; we're simply protectors, and keepers of the peace. If the DBSM want to vandalize their own country and citizens, that is their decision. Our jurisdiction does not extend to Deltaria, and we must look to our own safety before meddling in the safety of others. [...] I believe that my predecessor [Jan Rutkowski] stated that we will rain fire upon them should they step out of line. Let it be known that his promise will be kept.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - April 13th, 3403
Negotiations with Luthori Reopened
Negotiations for colonial holdings are back on the table.

In a curious turn of events, the Holy Luthori Empire has decided to reopen negotiations for the sale of colonial land in the Eastern hemisphere. This change of heart comes after the explanation that a third party non-government group initially denied the appeal, without consulting the current ruling government of Luthori.

Disussions with the Luthori government are expected to take place in the near future, promising a blossoming future for Valruzia, and perhaps the start of a new friendship with Luthori.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - October 14th, 3403
Luthori: Valruzia is Unstable
Press Secretary Mirosław Węgierski is shocked by the remarks from the Luthori government.

Negotiations with Luthori seem to have taken a turn for the worst, as a press release from the Luthori Imperial Holy Diet has revealed poor opinions of Valruzia, going so far as to categorize the nation as "one of the most unstable countries of Terra". Further comments characterized Valruzia as a den of power-hungry wolves, bent on world power and the weakening of Luthori. Needless to say, the Valruzian government did not appreciate this sort of label, citing the comments as "distasteful, disrespectful, and outlandishly erroneous".

Currently, Valruzia is in negotiations with the Holy Luthori Empire for the purchase of the Island of Tropica, a sparsely populated island south of Dovani, off the coast of the continent of Squibble. With a small population and no official local government, Tropica is currently ruled by a viceroy system instituted by Luthori, shortly after Zardugal sold the land to the Holy Empire. It has been hinted that since the land is of little sociopolitical value to Luthori, it could be sold without incurring any backlash on the Empire, who possess the nearby continents of Squibble and Vascania almost in their entirety.

More developments on the Tropica situation will be release as information becomes available.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Valruzian Media Syndicate - December 7th, 3403
Ultimatum Set for Deltarian Blue Shirt Movement
15 Valruzian soldiers were taken prisoner during a brave attempt to free the 146 citizens held hostage by Deltaria.

-Relonanki, Wielkowalruzja

What was supposed to be a simple rescue mission turned out to be a trap, as 15 Valruzian soldiers were ambushed and captured by Deltarian forces, while trying to free the 146 citizens held hostage by the Deltarian Blue Shirt Movement. While the mission had initially been a failure, the hostages were later freed and allowed to fly out, landing safely in Relonanki earlier today.

The Valruzian government has issued an ultimatum to the new Deltarian regime for the immediate release of the soldiers.
[quote="Foreign Minister Fiona Hawry]Let the Deltarian Blue Shirt Movement know this. If the 15 Valruzian soldiers taken captive are not promptly freed and allowed to safely return to Valruzia, we will take international actions against Deltaria. These terms are non-negotiable, as we have a policy against making deals with terrorist organizations. We have no desire to escalate the situation any further, but we will take decisive action if our demands are not met.[/quote]

More news later as this story develops.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby LukasV » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:54 am

Valruzian Media Syndicate - February 29th, 3404
Trade Embargo Set Against Deltaria
The Imperial Senate sat down today to vote on a trade embargo against Deltaria.

-Relonanki, Wielkowalruzja

The Valruzian government has installed a trade embargo against Deltaria, after the Deltarian Blue Shirts Movement refused to release 15 soldiers held captive after an attempt to rescue civilian hostages. At this time, the soldiers are believed to be held in poor living conditions, and a public outcry has been made for their safe return.

Effective immediately, all economic trade with Deltaria has been frozen, with any assets held by the nation in Valruzia being frozen. The Valruzian government has urged close allies to follow suit, stating that negotiating with terrorist organizations is strictly off the table. It is unknown what further measures the government will undertake to ensure the freedom and safety of the soldiers held captive.

A statement was released from the Defense Minister, Andrzej Matysiak.
Andrzej Matysiak, Minister of Defense wrote:The situation in Deltaria is precarious. They have an anarchistic government with no morals, and certainly no common decency. They have been looking for scapegoats for their treasonous plot, and they've unfortunately found one in Valruzia. However, I will repeat, we do not negotiate with organizations that wish to make deals with peoples' lives. That is a barbaric practice, and we will have nothing to do with such people. [...] Deltaria are in no position to be making demands at this point. They have fired the first shot, struck the first blow, in a war that was initially on their own government. I still don't understand what they hope to gain with an political attack on Valruzia; if anything, they have earned themselves the disapproval and negligence of the international community through their actions. [...] I want my brave soldiers returned at once, but they are men of the Valruzian Military. They know what they signed up for, and they will have to wait for us when the moment is right. [...] We will listen to the demands of the DBSM, but we will in no way be making concessions to fulfill those demands.

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Luke I of Valruzia has publicly condemned the actions of the Deltarian pseudo-government, stating that their lack of cooperation to peaceful demands will only harm their nation in the long run. He went on to say that if the DBSM are successful in overturning their government and starting anew, they will have irreversibly scarred their nation forever, in a needless conflict that should have never happened in the first place.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Re: The Mouth of Valruzia

Postby LukasV » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm

The Mouth of Valruzia (MoV) - April 12th, 3276
FC Białograd Conquer Valruzian League
Story By: Damian Fedarowski, Sports Columnist
A jubilant Marek Grochowski celebrates a brace in the last match of the season, giving FC Białograd the title.

In a tense end to the season, FC Białograd emerged victorious this year with winning the Valruzian Ekstraklasa title. The Valruzian giants had played very well this season, beating out competition such as Hel FC and FK Relonanki. Białograd took the silverware home this year with 60 points in the league, edging out minnows BKS Brony who, for the first time in their club's history, finished second with 59 points. The Kampania club was the team to watch this season, as they climbed from a slow start from the relegation zone, moving up to the top of the table, only to have the title snatched away at the last game. Hel FC took a modest third place this year, which comes as a disappointment to what has been referred to as Valruzia's superclub. TKS Traczengrad finished fourth with 52 points, winning in a tense battle of wits against AKS Barasz, AKS Krawiec, and Legia Czerwionka, all of whom were tied at 51 points.

In terms of relegation, a dismal performance by Gracze Miranowa has forced them to step down from first league, having secured only 28 points in 34 games. IKS Ignaczak will be joining them, having been unable to save themselves from the drop zone. FC Tyrant and Fedner FC will be replacing the relegated clubs.

Code: Select all
Position      Team          P     W     D     L     F     A    GD   Pts                        
1+       FC Bialograd      34    18     6    10    74    54    20    60
2+       BKS Babice        34    19     2    13    72    52    20    59
3+       Hel FC            34    19     2    13    76    65    11    59
4+       TKS Traczengrad   34    15     7    12    65    71   - 6    52
5       *AKS Barasz        34    15     6    13    71    64     7    51
6        AKS Krawiec       34    15     6    13    73    72     1    51
7        Legia Czerwionka  34    16     3    15    65    64     1    51
8        FK Relonanki      34    14     8    12    73    66     7    50
9        Kamus FC          34    14     8    12    62    62     0    50
10       Lechia Smałyrz    34    14     7    13    75    66     9    49
11       Valruz Berej      34    13    10    11    68    63     5    49
12       Gwardia Żmigród   34    14     3    17    72    71     1    45
13       Górnik Walgodno   34    11    12    11    73    80   - 7    45
14       FK Godno          34    12     8    14    61    65   - 4    44
15       Galia FC          34    12     6    16    66    74   - 8    42
16      *FC Olbark         34    11     6    17    60    77   -17    39
17-R     IKS Ignaczak      34    11     5    18    67    76   - 9    38
18-R     Gracze Miranowa   34     7     7    20    45    76   -31    28

"Top 8 teams qualify for Valruzian Superpuchar."
* - denotes a team promoted from 2nd League.
+ - denotes advancement into USFA Champion's League.
R - denotes relegation into 2nd league.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

PreviousNext

Return to National News