Gaduridos

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Free Gaduridos Press

Postby XAT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 am

The Gadur Times

A JOINT DECLARATION AGAINST KAZULIA

Gadur, Marligantos - Recently, there was a 3 hour long meeting between Former Prime Minister Alavaro Tam, and his replacement, Prime Minister Manez, in the nation's capital. The meeting, taking place in the Office of the Prime Minister, was said to have focused on the Kazulian crisis, and of creating a semblance of unity amongst the disparate political groups of the Gaduri political landscape.

Though the LUP and the NLP have historically been opposing parties, the press release made at the conclusion of the meeting struck a conciliatory note. The current Prime Minister thanked Tam and the opposition for supporting government measures to sanction Kazulia, while the NLP Parliamentary Leader, and the current Leader of the Opposition, thanked the Prime Minister for her, and her party's support, of the recent NLP motion to create a Kazulian Committee.

The end of the press release saw both senior political figures condemning the Kazulian actions as "crimes against civilization", with Former Prime Minister Tam calling the actions of the current Kazulian regime as "repugnant to Gaduri values".

Whether this new-found unity regarding the Kazulian issue will last remains to be seen, but scholars and pollsters are generally quite optimistic for cross-party promotion. One NLP-funded pollster, commenting under the condition of anonymity, said that "across the nation, on all sides of the political divide, the prevailing opinion of the people appears to be that the Kazulian issue is one that is national in nature. The actions of the Kazulian regime have really struck a chord in society as being oppositional to Gaduri values, which center around political liberalism. It would be political suicide for any party, at the moment, to attempt to support, or ignore, the Kazulian Crisis." He finished by saying that "the current atmosphere regarding the Kazulia situation is one that encourages cooperation between the parties, and the parties themselves appear to be willing to do so - so if I had to put money down on what would happen, I would say that there is going to be a large degree of cross-political bloc support in Parliament, at least for the near future."

Reported, June 4599.
NLP, Gaduridos [INACTIVE]
NDP, Indrala [INACTIVE]
XAT

Postby XAT » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:40 am

The Gadur Times

ORTEGA CONDE DECLARED NLP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FOR UPCOMING ELECTIONS

Gadur, Marligantos - In a surprise move, NLP rising star Ortega Conde was nominated by NLP Chairman Alavaro Tam to be the NLP Presidential Candidate for the next elections. This represents a break from the recent NLP policy of simply endorsing the SCP candidate in the first round of the Presidential Elections, without running a candidate of their own.

This appears to spell trouble for current President Lenetti, whose campaign for the Presidency was vigorously supported by the NLP in the 4596 elections. Pollsters who have conducted an autopsy of the 4596 elections have generally concluded that the NLP support for the Lenetti campaign was extremely influential on the result, as it appeared to bridge the divide in the Gaduri conservative movement between the more libertarian NLP and the more traditionally conservative SCP. One pollster, commenting on the condition of annoymity, even proclaimed that "the NLP did better work in electing Lenetti than the SCP", claiming that the President rode in on the coattails of the NLP vote.

Conde, a Gaduri combat veteran and Former Member of Parliament, lost his seat in a tight race in Marligantos against a LUP candidate by just 0.3%. He is known to be a militarist within the party, and is considered to be a close ally of Alavaro Tam. Indeed, prior to this announcement, Conde was speculated to become the NLP candidate for the Ministry of Defence.

Though this appointment appears to be undemocratic to those uninitiated with the NLP internal procedures, the NLP has long seen Congressional and Presidential candidates appointing one another - this is as one of the positions is always held by a victor of an internal party primary, who has always been the person to appoint the latter.

There is currently widespread internet speculation that this departure from the status-quo of endorsing the SCP came as a result of the comments recently made by President Lenetti, who recently came out in opposition to any military intervention in Kazulia, citing left-wing bias against right-wing governments. While Tam refused to comment on this rumor, Conde simply responded that "Gaduri values have always been the cornerstone of our party, and so we must not abandon it."

It is currently unknown whether Lenetti will still secure the NLP endorsement for the Presidency in the second round.

Reported, October 4599.
NDP, Indrala [INACTIVE]
XAT

Postby Mouse2220 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:11 am

SCP UNION TIMES
LENETTI SAYS THE NLP DOOMED CONSERVATIVE POLITICS

President Lenetti deviated from his often optimistic tone in response to a question about the NLPs decision to nominate a Canidate in the first round. "As a student of politics and someone who grew up at a time when conservatism was declared dead due to pointless divisions I foresee a return to lacklustre conservative performance at the polls." UNION TIMES political analyst David Franzelli suggested the vote split may result in 2 progressive candidates making it to the second round.

September 4599
Mouse2220

Postby XAT » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:24 am

The Gadur Times

OPINION: LENETTI, YOU BRING SHAME TO GADURI CONSERVATISM
Written by: Ortega Conde

Gadur, Marligantos - In perhaps the most hyperbolic statement in recent years, President Lenetti has practically declared the NLP to be not just an enemy, but indeed, the enemy to Gaduri conservatism. Such barbs from opposing candidates, were of course, expected. That is the unfortunate nature of politics, and when I accepted the call to become the NLP Presidential Nominee, I expected political attacks to come from all directions, even from our supposed closest allies in the SCP. What I did not expect, however, was an attack on the NLP itself - and by extension, my good friend, the Former Prime Minister Alavaro Tam.

The NLP, under the leadership of Alavaro Tam, has endorsed, and campaigned for, the Presidency of Alfonso Lenetti. Even before the elections of 4592, which would see the NLP soar to become the largest party in Parliament, Alavaro Tam had, behind closed doors, faced internal NLP opposition to not running a Presidential candidate, and had opted to support the candidacy of the SCP's Lenetti, for "the good of the unity of Gaduri conservatism". The NLP contacted the SCP behind closed doors to advise them to run a strong Presidential campaign, offering innumerable NLP assets to the cause. The NLP even reached out to the GFP in order to attempt to establish a united conservative voting bloc - to no benefit of the NLP, or to the then-precarious political position of Alavaro. But he did it anyways, for he believed in Gaduri conservatism, and believed that the SCP, a party with whom we've been allied with since the inception of our party centuries ago, would deliver for the people.

In the 4596 elections, Alavaro was once again pressured internally, within the party, to run a NLP Presidential Candidate. But he refused, citing that he made a pledge to the SCP to support yet another one of Lenetti's many bids for the Presidency. Facing down the rest of the NLP leadership, much of the NLP base, as well as the fact that the largest party was counter-intuitively endorsing the sixth largest, Tam insisted, and pushed for the endorsement, calling the SCP to be "our eternal friends". Has President Lenetti forgotten the massive influx of NLP campaign resources to the Presidential campaign? Does the President have no respect for the personal and political sacrifices of the NLP and its leadership?

During the years of conservative rule, when Alavaro was Prime Minister Alvaro Tam, he called upon the NLP Parliamentary Caucus to vote in favor of limiting abortion, despite knowing that abortion was still a contentious issue within the party - that this would likely lead to a weaker result for the NLP in the next election, due to disagreements regarding the issue of abortion. The Prime Minister insisted that the Caucus do so anyways - to my disagreement, I must confess - in order to "maintain solidarity with the rest of the Gaduri conservative parties". Does Lenetti also care not for this sacrifice?

We are now in the midst of a geopolitical crisis - great struggles for our nation lie ahead. Kazulia stands against Gaduri values - and for the first time in living memory, the parties are united. Both left and right call for a united nation is the face of the horrors of the Kazulian regime. With the exception of President Lenetti. But the NLP didn't even criticize the statement made by the President - no, we simply voiced our own opinion, and attempted to find consensus in our fractured government. Alavaro Tam, the Leader of the Opposition, didn't even comment on the President's comments, though I know that he personally disagrees profusely with it. No line-party votes - no condemnations - Alavaro simply let the President express his opinion, as is their right - and attempted to keep the nation unified, as is Alavaro's right.

In the midst of this crisis, the NLP has finally decided to field it's own Presidential candidate - as is their right as the second largest party in the nation. President Lenetti could have remained silent. The President could have contacted the NLP behind closed doors to reach a compromise. The President could have served that Gaduri conservatism that he supposedly cherishes so much. Instead, the honorable President goes behind the backs of his most loyal allies in the past decade, and condemns them to the nation, as being enemies of conservatism - despite the NLP having headed one of the first conservative governments in decades.

The President attempts to appeal to the old times of Gaduri politics, when the landscape was dominated by the left. But does he forget that the members of the NLP had lived through these years too? Why else does the President think that the NLP was restarted? Why else has the NLP been attempting to unify the right? To forge new alliances with the left, where possible? The leadership and membership of the NLP had been as much of a victim of the leftist years as the President had been!

I cannot tolerate this insult to the NLP - nor of this insult to the SCP. The NLP and the SCP have been allies since the NLP was first founded by Lon Zola in the 4100s - I refuse to believe that President Lenetti represents the entire party. There are good, decent people in the SCP. People of character. People who place nation before party politics and personal careers. People who understand compromise, who understand etiquette. People who have loyalty, especially to old friends. Sadly, the President is not amongst them.

President Lenetti, you are the enemy of Gaduri conservatism. You forsake the traditional values of loyalty for power.
President Lenetti, you are an insult to the SCP. You have forsaken the pacts between the NLP and the SCP that have been kept for centuries. You have endangered Gaduri conservatism with your reckless words.
President Lenetti, you are a blight upon Gaduridos - you take the charitable nature of Former Prime Minister Tam for granted, and throw a temper tantrum like a child when the NLP attempts to forge its own path. Were you not taught as a child to have decency and respect? Were you not taught that you were not the center of the world?

President Lenetti, shame on you. Should you have even a shred of honor left, President Lenetti, apologize on behalf of the Gaduri conservative movement - on behalf of the SCP - and, acknowledge your mistakes - resign. You are not fit for office.

Reported, October 4599.
NDP, Indrala [INACTIVE]
XAT

Postby slrmsrm » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:32 am

THE PEOPLE'S COURIER

PRESIDENT LENETTI RECIEVES CRITICISM, PM SPEAKS OUT

Gadur, Marligantos - President Alfonso Lenetti has recently broken his silence about the Kazulian crisis.In a executive interview, he told the SCP Union Times that while he supported the economic sanctions, he opposed the military aid given to the rebels in Kazulia. He stated that "When ever a far-right government comes to power the international community go into a frenzie and calls for military action but when a Communist party gets its grip on a nation the international community turns a blind eye. He added that he didn't want Gaduri soldiers to get caught up and die in a nation with no direct ties to Gaduridos.

Jessica Smith, the Foreign Affairs Minister has commented on this. She has said that "these comments of the president completely overlook the atrocities to civilisation that the Kazulian regime completed" and that "the political position of the president is influencing his outlook". Many politicians from parties all over the political spectrum have commented that he sounded sympathetic to the Kazulian regime. Martin Xiao, a political analyst from the People's Courier has said that "this amount of closeness to the Kazulian regime could hurt the reputation of the SCP in the next years elections and the reputation of Gaduridos all around the world.

Opposition leader, Alavaro Tam of the NLP, has always campaigned for Alfonso Lenetti's bid for presidency since the NLP was revived until Lenetti's comments about the Kazulian crisis. The NLP's decision to put out their own candidate for the presidency further strained relations, with the NLP-sponsored newspaper the Gadur Times putting out news articles criticising the President. Faith Chiang, the leader of the SPP, has commented on the comments of the President. She has compared the Kazulian crisis to other crises in the past like the Hulstrian crisis and the Pontesi crisis where SCP had supported intervention.

Prime Minister Caitlin Manez has commented on the President's opinion. She has said that she "fully supports intervention" and "criticises the opinion of the President to not intervene". She added that the opinion of the President was extremely primitive and that intervention is inevitable. She also said that the President should resign to preserve unity in this crisis.

Reported, October 4599.
slrmsrm

Postby Mouse2220 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:18 pm

SCP UNION TINMES
PRESIDENT REFUSES TO RESIGN, MARK GORDON MAKES FIRST COMMENT ON CRISIS

The president has responded to the call to resign by issuing a statement, "It has come to my attention that the Prime Minister and others have requested I resign my post as president because I do not believe that going to war is a great idea for this country. My response is a simple and concise no. In fact I find it quite sad that our leaders prescribe to the notion that anyone who disagrees with them should be removed from government. I firmly believe the only person who should have the power to remove me from my position are the people who put me here. Maybe they will decide to keep me maybe they will not but regardless I will let them not puffed up politicians tell me when I deserve to go."

Social Conservative Parliamentary Leader Mark Gordon derided both Lenetti and Conde for their behavior over the following months. Telling a reporter in the capital the following, " Listen both the president and conde have made massive missteps and both have potentially damaged the conservative brand. Lenetti truly believes that military action in a foreign nation is a bad idea and instead of us having a constructive discussion on the subject conde came out swinging which resulted in Lenetti to come swinging back. We in parliament have been having positive and serious discussions on this subject a subject which might I add has been quite difficult for some of our members to decided on. Then for the Prime Minister to give her two cents in the drama didn't accomplish anything and has let parliament fall down this rabbit hole. On a positive note though me and Mr. Tams relationship have never been better." Gordon has refused to comment on whether he believes Lenetti should retire following this presidential election but is rather stern that the president is entitled to his opinion and should not resign his post.

February 4600
Mouse2220

Postby Super Progressive » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:39 pm

RATIONAL HUB
GADURIDOS STARTS SHIPPING WEAPONS TO SKSP FIGHTERS

Yesterday, despite opposition from President Lenetti, Parliament has approved leasing weapons and materials to SKSP fighters.Faith Chiang said “That is how we stroke a balance between non interventionism and human rights.”Some people wants to go further and intervene in the war while others want to completely back off, like Lenetti.This might tip the favor into the SKSP or bring Gaduridos into the war.

March 4600
Super Progressive

Postby XAT » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:36 am

The Gadur Times

MASSIVE NLP PETITION REACHES ALAVARO TAM, CALLING FOR THE NLP LEADER TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST PRESIDENT LENETTI

Gadur, Marligantos - At the beginning of the lunch recess of today's Parliamentary session, 29 NLP Members of Parliament, all dressed in black attire, approached Former Prime Minister Alavaro Tam. The 29 NLP MPs, headed by Courtney Young, the Member of Parliament for the Las Vistas suburbs and Head of the Pernessia NLP (commanding 17 seats in Parliament) since December 4592, handed the NLP Chairman various packages from the new anti-Lenetti faction of the NLP.

Young handed the NLP Chairman a petition signed by over 520,000 NLP members calling for the party leader to call for President Lenetti's resignation. Young then also claimed that a further 45,000 signatures had also been received, but had to be stricken from the petition due to the use of profanity and uncivil language. Young then handed a letter to the Former Prime Minister, penned by himself, calling for Tam to "defend the dignity of the NLP, and call for the resignation of the deceitful President."

Other members brought individual letters from constituents across the nation, as well as letters penned by Kazulian refugees, calling for the Former Prime Minister's support against the President. Letters from Kazulian refugees, as well as from Gaduri citizens with Kazulian family members, also went into detail regarding the "horrific" circumstances in Kazulia, and called upon the Former Prime Minister to distance himself from a "fascist-apologist".

After the lunch recess, the 29 NLP Members of Parliament staged a walkout, carrying massive banners calling for the resignation of the President, as they marched out of the Parliamentary building. Outside, Young expressed hope to national media that "the SCP would see the stain on their reputation that the President represents." Young then defended the remarks of Presidential candidate Ortenga Conde, calling his piece in the Gadur Times an effort to defend a close personal friend from undue criticism. Other members of the NLP walkout called Conde's statement "immensely patriotic", with a common statement being that "Conde had defended the legacy of his party, the dignity of his friends, and the shining beacon that is Gaduri conservatism."

Rumors have also circulated that up to 4 NLP Cabinet Ministers from the government of 4593-4597 have contacted the Former Prime Minister, urging Tam to call for Lenetti's resignation.

After the walkout, the Former Prime Minister motioned the Parliament to adjourn the session for the day, due to a high number of vacancies, as well as due to the political tumult. After the motion was carried, the Former Prime Minister made a short statement to the press that "[he] would take the opinions of the Gaduri people seriously." In an uncharacteristic manner, Tam refused to take any further questions from the press, but pledged that he would issue a public statement on the issue soon.

Reports indicate that the formerly inseparable Tam and Gordon (the SCP Parliamentary Leader) have not met in the past week in Parliament.

Reported, April 4600.
NDP, Indrala [INACTIVE]
XAT

Postby slrmsrm » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am

THE PEOPLE'S COURIER

PM LAUNCHES PETITION FOR THE PRESIDENT TO RESIGN

Gadur, Marligantos - In the recent months, huge amounts of people have been signing petitions for Alfonso Lenetti, the President of the Union, to resign, over his comments about Gaduridos giving military aid to the Kazulian rebels. Several petitions have been launched, especially in the NLP, party which most supports the military aid given to the rebels. In the NLP, 520,000 members have signed a petition asking the opposition leader, Alavaro Tam, to support the president resigning. In the LUP, 59 MP's, 4 ministers, 1 state governor, and over 420,000 party members have signed a petition asking the prime minister to launch her own petition.

With Gaduridos shipping weapons to the Kazulian rebels, a political analyst from the Gadur Times commented that political unity was necessary for the Gaduri government to intervene effectively. The PM, Caitlin Manez, listened to the demands of the petition and launched her own one. In a speech, she said "Political unity is extremely important in times like this. Currently, being the most powerful person politically after the president, I am to listen to the demands of my Members of Parliament and my minister. Thus I have decided to launch my own petition to maybe make the chances of the President resigning higher.". Supporters from all parties were cheering on the PM as she made her speech in front of the Prime Minister's residence.

When the 29 NLP MPs had staged a walkout, several MPs from the LUP had walked out in solidarity. When interviewed, a LUP MP from Azban Center said that the LUP and the NLP had the most similar opinions on the Kazulian crisis. Several LUP MP's are organising protests in their districts calling for the president to resign.

Reported, May 4599.
slrmsrm

Postby Super Progressive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:09 pm

RATIONAL HUB
CHIANG CREATES PETITION

Due to Lenetti's actions, and like the NLP and LUP before them, the leader of the SPP created her own petition to force Lenetti to resign.Thousands of SPP members and supporters had signed it.Even more notable members, like Alexandro Martinez, the President of NPEC, signed it.Faith Chiang said "This is important to liberate Kazulia!"

SPP members can be seen protesting outside of the Parliament building.One member said that all parties "have to unite against the Kazulian threat" and that Lenetti is "doing a disgrace to Gaduri values".Others simply say Kazulia is violating human rights and that Lenetti is defending them.
Super Progressive

PreviousNext

Return to National News