Gaduridos

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Free Gaduridos Press

Postby slrmsrm » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:09 pm

THE PEOPLE’S COURIER

LUP STEPS DOWN FROM THE GADURI HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH

Gadur, Marligantos - Last week, PM Xu announced that her party would step down from the Gaduri Human Rights Watch after a heated debate in the parliament over new abortion regulations. The leader of the GHRW, John Rodriguez, who is supposed to stay neutral in party affairs, participited in the parliamentary debate saying that infants in the womb after the 1st and 2nd trimesters were fully developed human beings. The LUP parliamentary leader, who also serves as the PM, Cecilia Xu, argued that it was an essential right of a woman to have an abortion, whenever in the pregnancy. After, the leader of the GHRW threatened the LUP with expulsion from the GHRW, the party held a congress the day after, and PM Xu announced that the LUP would be stepping down from the organisation.

It was evident that the GHRW was just a puppet of the GFP, it’s founder. The organisation always lobbied for the policies of the GFP and other right-wing parties. Until recently, no leftist party had a leadership member in the organisation, which ended with a member being appointed from the SPP, which has gotten more and more centrist and conservative since the NLP dissolved. The SCP has always refused to join the organisation, since they also thought that it was another wing of the GFP.

Reported, January 4619.
slrmsrm

Postby Super Progressive » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 pm

RATIONAL HUB
SPP LEAVES THE GHRW

After the LUP left the GHRW, Chiang decided to hold a meeting of all SPP members whether or not to stay in the GHRW.It turns out the SPP decided to do the same as their radical counterpart in the LUP.The reason why the LUP and SPP left is because the leader of the GHRW, John Rodriguez, argued that allowing abortions in the third trimester, and the current legislation which allows abortions to be done in the first and second trimesters, were impeding on basic rights recognized by the GHRW.This made the GHRW political, and Cecilia Xu, the Prime Minister, accused the GHRW of being the GFP's puppet.Like the GFP, the SPP was against third trimester abortions, unless the woman's life is in danger.Unlike the GFP, the SPP is content with the current legislation.Since the SPP was part of the GHRW leadership, Faith Chiang ordered all SPP representatives from the GHRW to be withdrawn.

February 4619
Super Progressive

Postby Mouse2220 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 am

SCP UNION TIMES
WENTWORTH & POWELL ANNOUNCE JOINT RETIREMENT SEEKING YOUTHFUL INJECTION

SCP Party President Wentworth Jr. and SCP Parliamentary Leader Debbie Powell announced their intentions to leave their positions by the 4620 elections. Wentworth will be replaced at the November Convention at the end of the year. It is uncertain who will be running for the position at this time as no one has announced however it is assumed it will be a 3 way race between Pernessia Party President Jorge Hernandez, Former MP Heather Sanchez and former Corporal Herman G. Gera. Meanwhile, its unclear when Powell will officially be leaving her position but Deputy Xavier Unetta appears to be the likely successor. Wentworth also made the national headlines when on Channel 0 Nightly News he said "I told you so" in regards to the turmoil at the GHRW.

April 4919
Mouse2220

Postby CLZ4 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:19 am

GADURI FREE PRESS
JOHN RODRIGUEZ RESPONDS TO THE SPP AND LUP'S WITHDRAWAL FROM GHRW

"Well, all I can say to them is good riddance. I didn't want this to happen, but the LUP left me no other choice. I guess that they were quite ignorant anyway to not know that this organisation started out as a wing of the GFP, the GFP Human Rights Watch. Don't try to accuse us as being political, we never said that we were neutral. Nevertheless, if the LUP and SPP can't agree with us due to conflict of ideology, then it is right for them to separate from the GHRW. It will be better for us and better for them."

April 4520
CLZ4

Postby slrmsrm » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:06 pm

THE PEOPLE'S COURIER

LUP LEADER AND PM XU RESPONDS TO JOHN RODRIGUEZ; MAKES CALLS TO ESTABLISH A POLITICALLY NEUTRAL GOVERNMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS AGENCY

Gadur, Marligantos - Recently, the leader of the GHRW, John Rodriguez, responded to the LUP and SPP withdrawing from the GHRW. He was quoted saying that the future of the GHRW was better without the SPP and LUP, that the GHRW was always political and that LUP and SPP left the organisation due to conflict of ideology. The PM and LUP leader, Cecilia Xu , responded with "The hypocrisy of John Rodriguez, and the true purpose of the GHRW is what corrupted the organisation. The reason we left the organisation was that the structure of the organisation was made to favour right-wing ideologies. With current structure of the organisation and the leaderships devotion to being unneutral, this organisation cannot succeed with its goals. I call for a governmental human rights agency where neutrality can be ensured and where the leadership isn't corrupt. Han Dashao, a political analyst at The People's Courier, commented that without a strong right-wing party like the NLP, the GFP had to find ways to get influence in politics, thus using the GHRW as mean to gain influence.

Reported, June 4620
slrmsrm

Postby slrmsrm » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:35 am

THE PEOPLE'S COURIER

LUP SEES HUGE GAINS IN RECENT ELECTIONS; GFP CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT LOSES

Gadur, Marligantos - In the recent November 4620 election, the LUP came out on top as the biggest party in parliament once more, ever since the 4604 elections and Jose Hornez, the new candidate of the LUP for the presidency, beat, Oliver de Santiago, a iconic politician in GFP, their vice leader, and their new presidential candidate. This election was important for LUP history since it was the first time that vice leader of the LUP didn't run for the president and the second time the LUP got over a 100 seats since its foundation. Shane Espiro, the current vice leader, is currently serving as the Minister for Trade and Industry. The LUP gained 103 seats and %41.16 of the vote, meanwhile the 2nd largest party in parliament, the GFP, gained 65 and %25.62 of the vote. The SCP gained 43 seats and %17.39 of the vote, and the smallest party in parliament, the SPP, gained only 39 seats and %15.76 of the votes.

Political analysts think that the SPP lost 8 seas due to its increasingly centrist attitude, while the GFP lost 4 seats due to the GHRW crisis. Its predicted that the SCP lost 8 seats due to the extremely popular Jay Wentworth retiring.

Reported, November 4620.
slrmsrm

Postby Mouse2220 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:39 pm

SCP UNION TIMES
LUP WAVE CRASHES INTO PARLIAMENT AND NEW LEADERS INCOMING TO SCP CAUCUS

A wave of new LUP MPs will be entering parliament this term after making substantial wins in Marligantos, Salnaeta and North Vintalli. While support wanted slightly in the more traditionally conservative regions of Pernessia and South Vintalli the gains made elsewhere have easily overshadowed those minor losses. Some analyst believe if momentum continues they could be in the running to secure a majority government something not achieved in over 100 years. The remaining parties paid the price of a LUP surge with the SPP and SCP continuing to have dwindling support amongst the public. In light of this 2 new leaders will soon take over in the SCP in Parliament Xavier Unetta the former Deputy Leader has been unanimously elected to Parliamentary Leader and in the party leadership Pernessia Party President Jorge Hernandez was elected by the executive committee following Wentworth resignation as chair. Wentworth was expected to step down at the convention prior to the election however he decided to wage one more campaign for president. Since he resigned in the days following the election the parties executive committee voted Hernandez to serve as interim president until the next convention in November of this year.

January 4621
Mouse2220

Postby CLZ4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm

OOC: I'm a bit busy this week, but I'll make a few backtracked posts (including John Rodriguez's reply to the LUP) when I have the time. Thanks!
CLZ4

Postby CLZ4 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:30 pm

OOC: BACKTRACKED POST
JOHN RODRIGUEZ SLAPS BACK AT LUP

"Aha, so I got you there. Just because we never said we were neutral doesn't mean we can't be. I tell you what, the GFP itself has tried to be as neutral as possible, but it has leaned to the right to counter the radicalness of the LUP. Actually, you should be thankful that for your time and the SPP's time in the GHRW, we were willing to accomodate some of your left-wing ideas, which of course was a fact you deliberately left out when you criticised me. However, the abortion issue means a lot to the organisation and to me personally, and that is a story I'll tell you later. I could not compromise on that. But look, the true hypocrisy lies with the LUP. There are so many faults with what you have said that I can't remember all of them off the top of my head. The big one though is this: You want to establish a government human rights agency that is, you say, 'politically neutral'. You accuse us of favouring right-wing ideologies, but the GFP is centre-right at most. Even the SPP is moderate left. But you, a radical and extremist party, want to start a human rights agency? Not to mention that since you're head of government, it would be under your control and it would be corrupted by you.

Now why did the leftists break away from the GHRW in the first place? The LUP presents a bill allowing abortion throughout all three trimesters, we denounce it, then you accuse us of favouring right-wing ideologies and being used by the GFP as an influence. For goodness's sake, opposing a third trimester bill is only being moderate and neutral. It is only natural to stop that slippery slope to the far left. As to me being discontent with the current legislation, that's not just my personal belief but the belief shared by the majority of the organisation's members, and before you accuse us again of being a wing of the GFP, many of those members don't belong to the GFP or SCP. Some are even left-wingers. But you want to give us a bad name just because we won't agree with you? Oh yeah, and if you're going to whine about us threatening to kick you out, well why should there be extremists in a human rights organisation? Why did you even join us in the first place? That conflict of ideology that I mentioned earlier is not right against left but centrist against radical!"

GFP Vice Leader Ollie Santiago remarked that the LUP, having already become the largest party, is now trying to give themselves the "moral high ground" to cover up their extremist efforts.

August 4620
CLZ4

Postby CLZ4 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:00 pm

OOC: BACKTRACKED POST
GADURI FREE PRESS
GFP DEFENDS GADURIDAN HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH

The GFP made a recent post on social media regarding the GHRW controversy: "We will stand with and support the Gaduridan Human Rights Watch in fighting the propaganda, slander and lies that have surrounded them. The LUP is using such falsehood to try and defame us so that they can advance their extremist agenda in Parliament with the least resistance. We are currently the only party that still stays relatively neutral. We must not allow them to gain the moral high ground because they don't deserve it."

September 4620
CLZ4

PreviousNext

Return to National News