Aloria

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Official Gazette of the Republic of Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:59 pm

November 3778
FORMER TFA PARTY LEADER TROTSKY ADDRESSES MEDIA REGARDING OWENS DEATH; MOURNS HIS LOSS

The TFA and I, Hugo Trotsky, are deeply saddened by the loss of ARP Chairman Jason Owens. The working relationship between us was in many ways characteristic of the interactions between our two parties in general: We didn't agree on a whole lot, but we got along pretty well. We've always found them to be both civil allies and rivals in government. Our party has a lot of respect for the late Jason Owens. Aloria is worse off without him.

LLANYMOR DAILY POST
MARCH 3779

CTF ENDORSES INTERNAL CANDIDATE FOR 3781 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, EVAN LLYWELYN

With Arik Waters declining to run for another term despite his tentative endorsement by the ARM, the CTF has announced they have nominated their own candidate for President, Evan Llywelyn, MP for Ultran. Llywelyn, 55 was a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force who flew over 350 sorties before retiring at the age of 42 to enter politics. In his ten years in Parliament his tenure has been focused on passing mandatory civilian service and increasing the power of the Alorian forces, with less focus than some other party members on religious issues. Despite this, the Party Chairman, Prime Minister and Alorian Archbishop Bismarck has approved of the nomination.

Llywelyn is also known as one of the most charismatic members of the CTF, and was reportedly an excellent military officer, with great leadership skills. Rosa Cadawaller, an analyst from the Organization for Governmental Transparency, believes that these were the decisive characteristics in his nomination.

Cadawaller said, "The TFA has been looking for another figurehead with Prime Minister Bismarck needing to moderate his positions in the name of cooperation upon taking both the Prime Minister's office and the Archbishop position. Llywelyn fits the criteria despite his history of not being a hardliner on religion like Bismarck or some other party leaders."

EVAN LLYWELYN
Last edited by TFA_Aloria on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TFA_Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:25 am

March 3780
INTERNAL AFFAIRS MINISTER PETROVICH REQUESTS STATE POLICE FORCES TO MOVE TO HIGH ALERT

With Aloria's neighbors on the brink of war, Petrovich has issued a non-binding recommendation to local police forces in the four border states to secure high value targets not covered by the military. All shipments of arms across the border, other than those purchased by the government, have also been stopped. He asked state border patrols to go on high alert and to be prepared to assist the military in the unlikely event of an invasion. "We might need all the manpower we can possibly get. Aloria's military is rather small and if the state police SWAT forces can be of assistance, we could use their help."

Petrovich stressed that an invasion is unlikely, echoing statements from the President, as Aloria has not been threatened directly. However, he also noted that Aloria considers any movement of forces across the border as an act of aggression. "We will not let Aloria be a battlefield for other nations," he stated.
Last edited by TFA_Aloria on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TFA_Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:47 pm

JUNE 3780
INTERIOR MINISTER DMITRI PETROVICH DIES IN MOUNTAIN CLIMBING ACCIDENT

Dmitri Petrovich of the CTF died today in a mountain climbing accident in Kurmal. Petrovich was an avid mountain climber. While trying to climb Mt. Alorius, Petrovich slipped and fell 200 feet into a gorge. He was said to be mountain climbing to relax after a stressful year of international war.

Prime Minister Bismarck reported that he was saddened by the loss of his fellow party member, calling it "tragic." Ex-President Harrison, who was a mentor to Petrovich, called for a day of a mourning for the party.

M.P. Bismarck has announced that an interim Internal Affairs Minister has been appointed, by the name of Derek Powell.
TFA_Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:52 pm

MARCH 3781
PRIME MINISTER BISMARCK PLANS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SPLIT EXECUTIVE BRANCH

Prime Minister Norbert Bismarck (CTF Chairman/Alorian Archbishop) held a press conference today after the massive upset of Evan Llywelyn to Rodger Mortimer in the presidential election. Llywelyn's odds of victory were said to be north of 80%. Bismarck admitted he was disappointed, but plans to use his power as the Prime Minister to retain some control over the executive branch. Parts of his announcement are printed below.

"While the election results were shocking and disappointing they are not our coalition's death bells. We still maintain control of the cabinet and command 58% of the Parliament. I will not allow the smaller coalition to take control of the cabinet, nor will I allow the Premiership be stripped from me. I also plan on using my power as Prime Minister to veto internal decisions by the President if necessary. I still command authority over the cabinet. I'm not going to rule with an iron fist from this position like some have attempted to in the past, but I will also not give in. "
TFA_Aloria

Postby GOLI VEERRAJU » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:00 am

ANC CHIEF ASSASSINATED

ANC chief DR.GOLIVEERRAJU assassinated yesterday night at capital in sildar state. DR.GOLIVEERRAJU served the country two terms as President Of Aloria and six years as Prime minister and he also worked as minister of various ministries. Supporters of the Party rushed down to the capital city to see their national hero last Time.
Top leaders of RCP & LP attended the event. ARYA VEER unanimously elected as new chief of ANC
GOLI VEERRAJU

Postby TFA_Aloria » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 am

February 3784
PRIME MINISTER NORBERT BISMARCK ADDRESSES ANC LEADER'S ASSASSINATION ON ALORIAN NATIONAL RADIO NETWORK

Prime Minister Bismarck Addressing the Nation

With the assassination of first Jason Owens and now Dr. Goliveeraju, it's clear that Aloria's police forces and anti-terrorism measures are weak. Public figures, and certainly ex-Presidents, should not be being mowed down left and right. Interim Internal Affairs minister Derek Powell (CTF) has told me personally that a strong national police force, or indeed any national protection service at all could have prevented these tragedies.

In response to these terrible events my party will be introducing legislation to create a national police force and counter-terrorism squad. The internal affairs department has told me they plan to launch their own investigation to assist the Sildar state police force.

Despite our differences Dr. Goliveeraju was the President of this great republic and as such I'm declaring the next three days a national mourning period.
TFA_Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 pm

CTF UPHEAVAL, MADISON P. HARRISON RESIGNS

May 3784

Madison Patrick Harrison, 80, has joined Hugo Trotsky and has announced his retirement. Harrison, with Trotsky, was a co-founder of the TFA and has held the second-in-second in command position of the party since its inception in 3764. In 3769, Harrison became the only CTF candidate to date win the Alorian presidency. His election triggered a period shrouded in controversy, with Marvin Richardson attempting to rule from the Premiership with an iron fist. He was passed over for the chairman position with Hugo Trotsky's restructuring of party leadership in 3775 at his retirement speech. He became Bismarck's right hand man as he was for Trotsky before him.

Anaylsts from the Organization for Governmental Transparency believe that Harrison's resignation is partly driven by his frustration at being passed over for another presidential nomination in favor of the younger Evan Llywellan. Carwyn Reese of the OGT stated "Harrison has been tired of playing second fiddle to the younger Norbert Bismarck, who essentially has ruled his party with an iron fist since his appointment as chairman. You also have to consider the fact that two political leaders have been assassinated in the span of a decade. With Harrison's role in the party leadership diminished, he probably doesn't want to put himself at risk."

The Organization for a Free Aloria, a left-wing political watchdog group, harshly criticized Bismarck for resigning in the wake of the ANC chief's assassination. Idwal Priddy called Harrison "a terrible fascist, an ineffective President, and now, it seems, a coward. No wonder the CTF had him as second-in-command for so long. He checks all the boxes."

Harrison declined to address any of these rumors directly, stating "I've been attacked by the media for years. It's no secret they're biased against me and my party. There's a reason I proposed legislation to create a national media service; private organizations are downright unreliable. I plan on enjoying my retirement free from baseless accusations such as these. Bismarck should appoint my successor later in the week and I look forward to his decision."
TFA_Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:38 am

August 25th, 3785
Alorian National Television News Network

BREAKING NEWS; POLITICAL ALLIANCE BETWEEN CTF AND ARM ENDS

With the ARM introducing a new religious platform for the party, proposing the banning of all religions, the CTF has ended relations with the ARM. Their political coalition was never based on ideological grounds, according to all major political think tanks. Started by the CTF after the 3767 election, the coalition was devised as a way to oppose the Labor Party's stranglehold on Alorian politics.

Since then, however, the political landscape has changed completely. The Labor Party's coalition, which at its height commanded up to 89% of the popular vote in favor of Christopher Antonelli, has declined dramatically. The coalition elected Rodger Mortimer to the Presidency at the 3784 elections with the help of an endorsement from the CDS, but their influence has been declining rapidly and they now command only 21% of the Parliament.

With no common enemy to oppose, the irreconcilable differences between the CTF and the ARM became obvious. The two parties are now where they belong; on opposite sides of the Parliament.

More information will come in as the story develops. Stay tuned.
TFA_Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:38 am

September 2nd, 3785
CTF DEPUTY CHAIRMAN EVAN LLYWELYN HOLDS RALLY ON FUTURE OF THE PARTY

Evan Llywelyn Making A Questionable Gesture

Text of the speech appears below:

My fellow Alorians! My fellow Hosians! Today a new enemy has emerged out of the woodwork! But we should have seen it coming. We were mistaken to have ever worked with blasphemers of the Alorian Reform Movement. I am personally ashamed that we ever did.

But their evil will never triumph! We as Hosians will never that which is dearest to us, our relationship with the great Eliyahu, to be taken from us!

Prime Minister Bismarck will not allow Arik Waters to succeed him without a struggle. The Reform Movement should have waited until 3786 to propse their new heretical legislation. I am ashamed to admit we would have been fooled. Bismarck was willing to give up position to Waters. He was even going to give a speech praising his successor! Calling him worthy!

Bismarck will likely be dismissed from office before Mortimer's presidency ends. But we should not be fearful, but hopeful, for we will soon have a new ally in the Union Party! We shall form a grand new coalition and bring Aloria into a Hosian Golden Age! We may not defeat them in the next election, or even the one after that, but I assure you, one day these heathens will be purged! Long live Hosianism! Long live Aloria!
*applause*

Political analysts from both the Organization for Governmental Transparency and the Organization for a Free Aloria have commented on the speech.

Hildebrand Meissner, OGT; "This obviously signals the end of the CTF pretending to be even slightly moderate. I don't expect a whole lot of compromise fron them in the future. They must have a lot of confidence in the electability of the Union Party. That, or they'll quickly find themselves in the opposition, and Bismarck will have to go back to running his faction of the Alorian Bishopal Church."

Dilys Kruse of the OFA simply stated, "That was the most wingnutty fascist thing I've ever heard." She then fell out of her chair laughing.
TFA_Aloria

Postby TFA_Aloria » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:45 am

FAREWELL ADDRESS FROM PRIME MINISTER NORBERT BISMARCK

The Prime Minister Addresses the Nation

Hello my fellow Alorians. It has become clear that the Parliament no longer desires my services. However, I intend finish out my term as Prime Minister until I am removed from office.

For refusing to abandon my post I have been called a dictator. They say I want to turn the Alorian Government into a church.

But I ask the citizens of Aloria to examine those making these claims. Is there an act more dictatorial than proposing a ban on the religion this great nation was founded on?

For this reason I refuse to step down. I will not simply give my position to a man who wishes to destroy our heritage. This is not because I wish to be a tyrant. I intend to lead only with the support of my people. As Prime Minister I have a duty to protect you, the Alorian people. I could simply resign and allow President Mortimer to appoint Waters or one of his ilk immediately. But how could I do such a thing? It would be reckless and dangerous.

He comes from a party of antitheist corporatists who wish to enslave you. He wishes to take away your religion! His party wishes to work Alorians to death! They raise the retirement age while reducing our social safety net! How many hard working, blue-collar Alorians can stay healthy enough to work until they’re 68? But of course they care nothing for your well-being. His party is primarily composed of wealthy businessmen who care nothing for this nation, much less you! Or its heritage! They simply care about their own profits! They will happily work you to DEATH and bathe in their piles of Aloriks! Of course, the principles of Hosianism prevent this kind of kind of greed and gluttony. Of course they want it banned.

They can call me a tyrant. They can call me an idiot. One way or another I will be out of office by October. But until then I have a duty to protect the 88% Hosian majority of this country. I will not abandon my people.

The CTF may be down, but we are not out. We will rise again. But until then I advise my fellow Hosians to stay vigilant. The new government will not protect your freedom of religion. You may be persecuted. Beware the hypocrisy of those who pretend to espouse social liberalism. They are lying for their own ends.

It has been an honor and a privilege to serve you, my fellow countrymen. May Aloria never fall! May Hosianism never fall!
TFA_Aloria

PreviousNext

Return to National News