Aloria

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: ABC - ALORIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY

Postby tyler2114 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:37 pm

News Flash

The Goverment's Communist regime is now over. President Moleonek of the Washington PArty, has finally instituted Democratic and Capitalist movements. With help from the Democratic party of Aloria, the Partit Communista de Aloria have left in exile from the renewed country. The name change resolution as well as other bills are pending to bring freedom,capitalism,and english back to Aloria.

The president is seen here as he explains how he has rid the communists. He plans in his presidency to neutrilize all Communist laws that the Patit Communista de aloria have Introduced.

Here Minister of Internal Affairs Jason Steels insures the people in the interview that the country will be restored. He says he and the President are working closly together to make sure this country will be restored into the power house it once was.

End of Broadcast
tyler2114

Re: ABC - ALORIAN BROADCASTING COMPANY

Postby haven222 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am

Alorian Jui-Jutsu becomes National Sport

After seeing Latin-Alorians culture florish,its population surpass others,Latin-Alorians becoming active in politics even holding seats in government now and changing the countries name,we have decided to make Alorian Jui-Jutsu(Latin-Alorians favorite sport) become the new national sport.AJJ is a competive sport,which has attract almost every Alorian into it,not only Latin-Alorians enjoy the sport but many other ethnicities such as Anglos,Blacks and Natives.Who knows,maybe we will compete on the Artanian Olympics,if it goes well of course

New Demographics have shown,Latin-Alorians becoming the new majority ethnicity,making 55% of the country population,Spanish becoming the new main language,and a large irreligion present."Most bussiness,food,festivals our now held by Latin-Alorians says a citizen,no wonder they hold the presidency,prime ministry and others.It was time we were represented!"

The last Demographics were 220 years ago.This is the New Demographics

Ethnicity:
Anglo-Alorian 20%
Descended from a mix Dundorfian (similar to German) immigrants and Alorian natives; mostly Protestant Christian; speak English and have English names; have become less dominate Alorian politics; live mostly on west of Aloria
Latin-Alorian 55%
Descended from a mix of Selucian conquerors (Latin) and Alorian natives; mostly Protestant but make up most of the Alorian Catholic population; live mostly in Sildar,Krentori and now Ultran; speak Alorian (which was Catalan but now has transition into Spanish) and have a mix of Romance and Germanic names; becoming more prominent in Alorian politics.Had a massive Population boom,making them the largest ethnicity now.
Black 7%
Descendants of slaves; scattered throughout Aloria
Alorian Indian 4%
Native inhabitants of Aloria; according to the Wiki (and how I RP them) similar to Celtic people in appearance and dialect; speak Kurmali (I think the real life equivalent is Frisian, but a Gaelic language would make more sense); mostly Bogist; found in Kurmal as blue-collar workers
Other 16%
Includes Quanzaran Makans (Jews), Majatran (Arabs), and other various ethnicities.

Religion:
Alorian Christian 40%
Other Protestant 12%
Bogist 8%
Catholic 9%
Judaism 6%
Islam 10%
Unaffiliated/Atheist/Agnostic 15%
Other (Buddhist, Hindu, etc.) 1%

Language:
English 25%
Alorian (Was Catalan but now is Spanish) 65%
Kurmali 1% (as a first language)
Other 9%
haven222

The Alorian Times

Postby The Mask » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:16 pm

(OOC: The following articles have been collected for future reference.)

BARIN WINS PRESIDENCY; GPA GAINS CONTROL OF PARLIAMENT
Longest-existing party in election victorious in political comeback
August 3129

KAUNLARAN CITY, Ultran - Yardley Barin has been proclaimed as the newly-elected President of Aloria, after winning the second round of voting with 75.13% of the vote. His party, the Genuine Progress Alliance, also gained control of Parliament with 296 out of 750 seats.

"Today is a historic day, for we have successfully brought back the era of genuine progress in Aloria," remarked Barin in his victory speech in front of the GPA campaign headquarters in Kaunlaran City, Aloria. "Rest assured that we will do what we can to let this nation prosper."

-----

STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESSES OF PRESIDENT YARDLEY BARIN

3130 - http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... 5&nation=2
3131 - http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... 8&nation=2
3132 - http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... 4&nation=2
3133 - http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... 0&nation=2

-----

ALORIA, KIRLAWA RATIFY TREATY OF FRIENDSHIP
January 3133

The Democratic Republic of Aloria and the Republic of Kirlawa have both ratified a Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation aimed at strengthening the ties between the two nations.

"We are definitely pleased by this development," said Foreign Affairs Minister Joseph Raddington ,"and we hope that this will pave the way for continuing the friendly relations between the two countries".

There is no word yet as to when a formal signing of the two treaties will take place.

-----

***BREAKING NEWS***

PRESIDENT BARIN NOT RUNNING IN 3133
January 3133

President Yardley Barin announced in his State of the Nation Address that he will not seek reelection for the Presidency in the August 3133 elections. According to President Barin, it was a "tough decision" but wants to give way to "a new individual to ascend into the Presidential throne".

Members of Parliament and Barin's Cabinet expressed shock during the announcement, especially since the Barin administration was marked by relative peace and fiscal reform. Internal Affairs Minister Yasahiro Odane said that he was looking forward to "continuing good governance with President Barin for more years to come" and was surprised that President Barin made the call. Foreign Affairs Minister Joseph Raddington similarly expressed shock over the announcement, but also noted that "the President's decision must be respected".
The Mask

Re: The Alorian Times

Postby The Mask » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:31 am

ODANE ELECTED PRESIDENT
August 3133

Yasahiro Odane has been elected as the President of Aloria, after gaining the majority of the votes in the second round of the presidential elections.

The Genuine Progress Alliance candidate and outgoing Internal Affairs Minister ended up at second place during the first round with 32.11 percent of the vote, with much of the support coming from Kurmal and Gavonshire. Conservative Workers Party candidate Matthew O'Connor was at first place with 41.50 percent while People's Party candidate Donald King was at third place with 26.39 percent.

During the second round, Odane acquired 54.05 percent over O'Connor's 45.95 percent. This is largely due to the majority of King voters who opted for Odane in the second round, eventually allowing Odane to be victorious in all five provinces.

"I thank you all for your support, and as your new President I will do what I can to continue the great legacy of President Yardley Barin," said Odane in his victory speech outside the GPA Headquarters.

In Parliament, the CWP gained control with 40 percent of the seats. The GPA had 32.35 percent of the seats while the PP had 27.75 percent of the seats.

-----

CWP CLAIMS VICTORY IN PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS, HEALTHY RESULTS IN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.
August 3133

A jubilant crowd greeted Conservative Worker's Party leader Matthew O'Connor in the party's election night function. With counting finished, the CWP is the largest party with 160 seats, although it has not won enough seats to form government in their own right so will still need to work with crossbenchers in the minority parties for legislative support.

Speaking to the CWP faithful, Mr. O'Connor said that Alorians are liking what they are seeing from them. "It's been a long time between drinks since this nation has had a party that represents the interests of the working class but still has conservative values in them that the left has thrown away. Well, I am here to tell you tonight that the Conservative Worker's Party is the only party today that will be there for the workers and still remain true to moral decency. I would like to thank each and every one of you for voting for a better Aloria and we promise your voices will be heard in the new Parliament."

However, the Genuine Progress Alliance still managed to claim victory over the CWP in the Presidential Election thanks to the flow of preferences from People's Party voters. Speaking, on the presidential election O'Connor said "This was a very healthy result for me and my party, we were clear victors in the first count of voting but as the flow of preferences went, the second count was not favourable for us. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with our result and I will have one last tilt at the presidency. If things do not turn out, I will step down from Conservative Worker's leadership."

-----

PRESIDENT-ELECT ODANE VACATES INTERNAL AFFAIRS POST
August 3133

President-elect Yasahiro Odane has resigned as Internal Affairs Minister in order to prepare for his upcoming as President. The Associate Minister of Internal Affairs is set to take charge of the ministry temporarily until an official appointment has been made.

-----

***BREAKING NEWS***

PRESIDENT ODANE ASSASSINATED
**Deputy President Eric Adams assumes Presidency***
October 3135
News Report

National tragedy ensues in the Democratic Republic of Aloria as people mourn the death of President Yasahiro Odane. The late President of Aloria was assassinated by an unknown terrorist. Shortly after bombing the President, the suspect was killed by local law enforcement. Deputy President Eric Adams has assumed power, as prescribed by the Constitution of the Democratic Republic of Aloria.

Source: http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... 7&nation=2

-----

PRESIDENT ADAMS NOT SEEKING NEW TERM
***GPA may not participate in upcoming presidential, Parliament elections***
January 3137

President Eric Adams announced in a presidential address that he will not run in the upcoming August 3137 elections.

"I came to this throne to fulfill the duties that the late President Yasahiro Odane had left behind, and I wish to do just that," said President Adams. "I believe that I am only a transition president and that my job is to maintain a good government for the next duly-elected President to inherit."

President Adams' announcement leaves the door open for a new President in Aloria. The Genuine Progress Alliance (GPA) is not expected to field a presidential candidate in the upcoming elections, according to an insider within the party. It is believed that the death of President Odane had weakened the spirit of the party and may even lead to the GPA not participating in the Parliament elections.
The Mask

Postby The Mask » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Just to keep everyone updated, here are the latest developments in Aloria:

PRESIDENT ADAMS CONGRATULATES KING ON VICTORY
***Cabinet ministers from GPA resign to give way to King administration***
August 3137

Outgoing President Eric Adams congratulated President-elect Donald King on his victory. In a statement released to the media, President Adams commended King "for winning a good fight" and called on the incoming President and the new members of Parliament "to lead Aloria into peace and prosperity". King, a member of the People's Party, won the Presidency in the first round with 53.44% of the vote.

In related news, several Cabinet ministers from the Genuine Progress Alliance have resigned from their positions. They include Joseph Raddington (Foreign Affairs), Thomas Ormanes (Internal Affairs), Eliza Cornwall (Health and Social Services), Nigel Pearson (Education and Culture), and Michael Pallton (Trade and Industry). According to Raddington, who spoke in behalf of the group, they resigned "in order to give President-elect King the freedom to form his own Cabinet".

--------

KING SEEKS TO REMOVE PRIME MINISTER

President Donald King proposed today to remove the position of Prime Minister restoring power of the government back to the President, saying the Prime Minister position “is wasting taxpayer money and is taking to much power from the President”. The move was a surprise to many People’s Party supporters as the party has always supported the Prime Minister position but today King ended that.

“I the President am elected by the people and should have the executive power of the government, in balance with Parliament. The Prime Minister is not elected by the people and therefore does not represent the voice of the people nor their views. I and future Presidents elected represent their views.”.

King is proposing major government reforms as he begins his agenda to strength national security, the private sector, and limit powers of the unions. King said that if Parliament does not approve his bill to get rid of the position of PM, he will de-fund the position in his upcoming budget.

----------

KING CREATES SMALL BUSINESSES GRANT OFFICE, IN T.I.

President Donald King today again showed his support for the private sector as he announced the creation of the small businesses grant office to give grants out to businesses owners or inspired businesses owners. The goal is to help create more jobs in Aloria and to strength the economy, however regulations were imposed at the last minute to get the grant. The office is apart of Trade and Industry.

Applicants must provide a deatilited businesses plan on how they will use the grant and the grant must be only used to grow one’s businesses or create jobs, it may not be used to save a struggling business. The plan must then be approved by an a three member appointed body, the panel members are appointed by the President. The grants could be as big as 450,000 Aloriks or bigger.

“This new office will help double our job growth but also make sure we are keeping taxpayers money safe and not spending it wastefully. I am confident with this new office, we will double job growth and businesses creation in the next six years.” Said President in a press conference.

Asked if he needed or should have got approval by Parliament for this plan, King denied he needed their approval and welcomed any changes or ideas they want to put into the office but affirmed “their approval is not needed on every little thing I do, I am the President”.
The Mask

Postby The Mask » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm

LEON SCHWARZ WINS PRESIDENCY
March 3148

Leon Schwarz of the Social Democrats Union won the presidential elections in Aloria, becoming next in line to succeed outgoing President Milan Kolundz.

Schwarz's victory took place in what is considered as one of the closest elections in Aloria. His nearest rival, Senator James Matthew Ziburu of the Genuine Progress Alliance, only had around 500,000 less votes than Schwarz during the second round of voting.

"I congratulate Mr. Schwarz on his victory and I wish him all the best in his new administration," Ziburu stated in a press conference held in the GPA headquarters.
The Mask

Postby The Mask » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:37 am

MALANGPUS WINS PRESIDENCY
March 3156

Rollo Malangpus of the Genuine Progress Alliance has been elected as the new President of Aloria in a virtual one-man contest. In his victory speech, Malangpus vows to bring a "great revolution" in Aloria.

----------

MALANGPUS INITIATES ALORIAN FILIPINIZATION PROGRAM
July 3156

President Rollo Malangpus has officially announced his Alorian Filipinization program before members of the Senate. It is a program aimed at restructuring the government of Aloria in order to better address the needs of modern-day Alorians.

Under the new program, which President Malangpus termed as "revolutionary", Aloria will soon be known as the Republic of Aloria and there will be changes in the names of the different regions and cities in the country. This change is attributed to a more significant Malay population in Aloria.

The new program will also initiate changes in the national emblem of the country as well as various government branches.

For more information on the proposal, which is currently being put to vote, you can refer here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=324342
The Mask

Re: Official Gazette of the Republic of Aloria

Postby atulgaurindia » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Atul Gaur (Alorian Public Party) WINS PRESIDENCY; Democratic Republic Of Aloria GAINS CONTROL OF PARLIAMENT
April- 3296

Port Aloria, Krentori - Atul Gaur has been proclaimed as the newly-elected President of Aloria, after winning the First of voting with 51.46% of the vote. but His party, the Alorian Public Party didnt gain control of Parliament with 35 out of 75 seats.

"Today is a historic day, for we have successfully brought back the era of genuine progress in Aloria," remarked Gaur in his victory speech in front of the Alorian Public Party's campaign headquarters in Ultran city, Ultran. "Rest assured that we will do what we can to let this nation prosper."

http://classic.particracy.net/viewnews. ... 4&nation=2
atulgaurindia

Postby atulgaurindia » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 pm

The new Political map of Democratic Republic Of Aloria.

http://images.wikia.com/particracy/imag ... _copyA.jpg

atulgaurindia

Postby atulgaurindia » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm

The new map of rivers, lake and water reservoir of Democratic Republic Of Aloria

atulgaurindia

PreviousNext

Return to National News