Cildania

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Cildania

Postby Liukupukki » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:14 am

Qualifiers done
June 28th 4968
Ino Musu
Santa Alexandra

The qualifying rounds are done, and the games have moved to the 8 best teams! The quarter finals will be played at the beginning of the next month.

The standings show, that the best teams would be Kbira Kings and Lega tal-Atletika, who both have won every matchup they have faced. Only one can come out on top though, and it could be any of the other teams too. The Partit Axiaqist FC has the lowest odds of winning, conserning they have only one one game in the qualifying rounds.
At the end of it all, no one knows who might win the cup, but Atletika, and all sports fans are glued to the action, and we will find it out soon!
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:46 pm

The Cup intensifies, Semifinals ahead
July 3rd 4968
Ino Musu
Santa Alexandra

The competition is fierce, and for the most part, the quarter finals have been pretty equal, with 3 of the matches ending 1-0. There is no telling how this tournament goes from this point forward, as the rest of the teams all seem on form. Best of luck to all teams. Semifinals will go live on the 9th, and finals will be played on the 13th of July.
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Two tight matchups, Club Qart Qildar will go on to face Lega tal-Atletika in the finals
July 9th 4968
Ino Musu
Santa Alexandra

The two semi-final matches were really tight, with both games ending with a 1 goal difference. Lega tal-Atletika has the advantage of having the best goalie in Cildania, but he seems to be out of form, as in the latest game, the victory was only barely achieved. The president of the club, Supreme Leader Rokku Axiaq seems confident that Lega tal-Atletika will win the cup, but truly it is anyone's game.

Club Qart Qildar, one of the two Cildanian teams that have made it to the LGT Terra league is a formidable opponent to Lega tal-Atletika, even though in the past they did not make it nearly as far in the international stage, but Qart Qildar has beaten Lega tal-Atletika in the qualifiers for the same competition. However, the past is in the past, let's focus on the game at hand. Stay tuned on the 13th for the exciting finals between the two rival teams!
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:14 am

↑The Taxes Act gives birth to many new businesses
No large foreign companies have yet entered though↓

↑September 8th, 4968
Lwiġi Sacco↓

The taxes act, which the government has established in an attempt to create more industry in Cildania has succeeded in creating many jobs for the people, as well as opening many new businesses that would have otherwise not been able to set up fronts on the streets of Cildania. One example of a business that has seen the light of day because of the taxes act is entrepreneur Klement Cini's candy shop Kandju Fabbrika, they sell the best candies Cildania has to offer, and are looking to expand their business with imports. The shop also has an option to order custom-made candies, they can be made into any shape, flavour and colour the customer wishes to. Of course this is the more expansive option, but it is perfect for parties and special occasions. Kandju Fabbrika is already attracting large attention, with many citizens travelling from across the country to Santa Alexandra, where the store is located.

Of course, a candy shop is not the only business to go booming after such a revolutionary change in taxation, many businesses have been founded and are seeing huge business due to cheap prices due to not having to pay corporation taxes.
Many older Cildanian businesses, like fisheries, zoos, transport services and restaurants have also seen massive increases in profits. The only real loser in the abolishment of corporate tax is the state itself, which is also getting profits from the ordeal, due to the obvious increase in employment, increase in average income, and decrease in prices of services and goods due to increased competition.
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:27 am

Lega tal-Atletika takes the Cup!
July 13th 4968
Ino Musu
Santa Alexandra

The DARC Cup has advanced finely, and now after the final game, Lega tal-Atletika will walk home with the cup. The two winning goals were shot by Turu Vella (58') and Valent Schieda (80').
Turu Vella, the best attacker of Lega tal-Atletika, scoring most goals in the team, and the whole tournament. He is only 19 years old, as is half of the champion team. They made it for the first time not only into the finals, but won them with ease. It was known that the team has high chances of winning, but no one expected such a rollout.
To no one's surprise, the team's goalie, Xandru Borg is the MVP of the team, managing to keep clean sheets in all of the matches, except for one (Semifinals against DARC United).

Club Qart Qildar, although taking a big defeat in the finals, also deserves some praise, having made it so far.

The streets of Santa Alexandra are swarming with football fans dressed in anything green and white cheering for the Lega's victory.

Lega tal-Atletika has earned the title of champion. Until the next cup, that is.
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:30 am

Friendship halted due to Jakanian opposition
September 19th 4972

After long and fruitful talks, the Jakanian government and the Cildanian government talked about friendship and cooperation, eventually ending up with the Jakania-Cildania Treaty of Cooperation and Friendship, but due to the lengthy process of voting and signing treaties in Jakania, was the treaty signing delayed because of an upcoming election. After the election, was the bill put to voting once again, but after the elections, the government did not anymore have the 2/3 majority required to sign treaties.

Supreme Leader Rokku Axiaq, and Foreign Minister Ben Theuma had a lengthy chat about the subject on the television, calling the two Jakanian opposition parties, United Peasant Party and Jakania Forward! 'Thorns in the Jakanian democracy'

These thorns in the Jakanian democracy, the Peasant Party and Jakania "Forward" are nothing but mere slow-downs for our talks, but yet it is infuriating. Mr. Theuma, the foreign minister has had talks with the government of Jakania. The opposition, who is just a small minority compared to the government should not have the power to decide the actions of the government, which has a clear majority. The communists and racists are teaming up to fight against friendship with Cildania, how ridiculous!

Supreme Leader Rokku Axiaq, in a television talk show

After the broadcast, the Supreme Leader went onto tweeter saying "Neither Jakanian racists or Jakanian communists will come into the way of talks between two elected governments"
Liukupukki

Postby gokustan » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:43 am

gokustan

Postby Liukupukki » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:28 am

The Supreme Leader: "I would not interfere with Jakanian politics"
September 22nd 4972

After the Supreme Leader's statements concerning the opposition parties in Jakania got public, the Foreign Minister of Jakania, Güney Akbay gave a statement to the press saying that "we cannot allow any foreign power to interfere in the internal affairs of the Republic of Jakania" to which the Supreme Leader replied to the statements on Tweeter, explaining how he was only expressing his dissatisfaction, and how he never would interfere with another nation's internal politics and democracy.

Both governments have stated that they are still trying to pursue friendship and cooperation. The only problems look to be between the Cildanian government, and the Jakanian opposition, which hasn't yet given a response to the whole ordeal.

Although it was a simple misunderstanding, I must applaud Foreign Minister Güney Akbay for acting accordingly, and staying calm. Many people, even if they are politicians could lose their tempers if there was someone actually threatening their democracy. And apologies for any misunderstandings and extra work I may have caused to the honourable Foreign Minister. I see no reason to prolong this situation, and will get back to my paperwork.

Supreme Leader Rokku Axiaq at a press conference
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:57 pm

Team L-aħjar's CEO Benard Nicolai announces new commercial car model for sale
March 17th 4988
Nikola Lateo
Santa Alexandra

CEO Bernard Nicolai posing next to the new L-aħjar Model-ħ16

Yesterday, L-aħjar's CEO Bernard Nicolai posted on Tweeter about a reveal coming today. The reveal was televised on channel Sportivi24/7 and the channel got record breaking attendance. The revealed L-aħjar Model-ħ16 is a very lightweight car, and stylish at that too! The motor has 16 cylinders, hence the name of the model. The car has a staggering top speed of 475km/h and accelerates from 0-100 in 2.5 seconds.

Mr. Nicolai also announced that the first 10 cars will have Oskar Meli's signature on the vehicle, and only 120 units will be produced, so get your special vehicles while they are still in stock at shop.lahjar.cd
Experts are evaluating that the model will sell out within months, if not weeks.

These cars have been hand-crafted by the engineers at L-aħjar Automobiles, the cars are also hand-painted and special requests are taken into account. The lightweight body will ensure that the car will go and accelerate fast, and it truly does, with a top speed of 475km/h, and accelerating from zero to one hundred in about 2 and a half seconds. The model ħ16 truly breaks records. But be quick, as only 120 units will be produced, and the model is off the markets, and that's not even all! Team L-aħjar's MVP Oskar Meli will sign the first 10 orders! Get yourself a *modern* vehicle. Ride in style, ride L-aħjar.

Bernard Nicolai, CEO of L-aħjar Automobiles
Liukupukki

Postby Liukupukki » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:01 pm

Supreme Leader Rokku Axiaq diagnosed with Alzheimer's
July 16th 5030
Valentinu Forno
Qart Qildar

The Supreme Leader has been showing bad health for a while, and this morning it was made public that the now 90-year old Supreme Leader Rokku Axiaq has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and it is not looking like he will rule Cildania for much longer. There was a gathering and a small dance arranged by the Axiaqist Party, to honor the Supreme Leader while he still is with us.

The Supreme Leader's daughter, Princess Yasmine was interviewed quickly at the event concerning his thoughts on the recent events, she didn't want to respond to most questions, but she gave a few words about his father, and assured that his realm will be in safe hands. She also hinted at her being the sole inheritor of his possessions.

I love my father, he has given me everything, and he is doing it even after his passing. It is sad to see him in such a condition, but I will surely continue his legacy with both Cildania and his businesses. I will treat Cildania well as the first female Supreme Leader!

Princess Yasmine Axiaq

Rokku Axiaq's medical staff is working around the clock and monitoring the situation and are currently analyzing whether he is fit to rule or not.
Liukupukki

PreviousNext

Return to National News