Dorvik

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Dorvish News Service (DNS)

Postby Phil Piratin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:30 am

December 4304

Communists wobble, early elections due

Despite wanting to press on with his coalition with the Traditional Justice Party until the next election is due in October 4305, a meeting of the Dorvish Communist Party's ruling Politburo has ordered him to support early elections and go to the polls for a renewed mandate.

According to well-placed sources, the Politburo panicked because the leadership of Die Linke, usually the Communist' closest political ally, made very clear to Communist leaders that if they resisted calls for an early election, Die Linke would treat that as a severing of the relationship between the two parties.

Anton Weinreich and other top Communists tried desperately to talk Die Linke around, but without success. Die Linke had been horrified by the recent controversies surrounding former President Treitschke, and saw an early election as the only legitimate option.

The Politburo had only narrowly supported joining the coalition with the Traditional Justice Party in the first place. Now, faced with the Treitschke affair, the threat of a severance of the traditional alliance with Die Linke and a wave of popular protest, it appears they have wobbled.

Anton Weinreich paid tribute to the Traditional Justice Party ministers he served with, and particularly also to President Treitschke and acting President Arnold Sweindracht, and said he hoped they would understand "the difficult politics of the situation".
Phil Piratin

Postby Adithya » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 am

Liberal Conservatives Celebrate Electoral Gains

Mrs.Julia Schroeder Speaking to Supporters in Weinsedorf:-

The Results of the Snap Elections of January 4205 has completely altered the political scene in Dorvik,Two New Parties,The Right Wing People's Party and the Centrist Liberal Conservative Party have won 106 and 72 seats respectively.

But the Results of the Presidential Elections was most interesting where Former Internal Affairs Minister Ms.Grunebaum won with more than two thirds of the vote in the first round itself,44% ahead of the TGPs Alexander Schweindracht according to latest results.She has won almost all sections of the society-The Rich,Middle Class,Working Class,Students,Pensioners, New Immigrants and even Religious Voters on whom the TGP was counting on.

The Liberal Conservatives,who are part of the Erneurung led Coalition, Celebrated their gains in a Hotel in Central Weinsedorf,Where Party Julia Schroeder interacted with her supporters around 1:00 AM Dorvik Standard Time,She Praised Ms.Grunebaum and also thanked those who voted for her party,Here Is an excerpt from her speech:-

Good Evening My Fellow Dorvikians!Today we have made history,We have deposed an Undemocratic Government and have elected a Hard-working and Talented Woman Like Ms.Grunebaum to the Highest Office in our Land.She has united this country in a way never seen before,Nobody has been able to win all parts of the nation and win the support of so many voters like her.I would also like to thank all of those who volunteered so hard for our party and I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the Voters who took part in this democratic process,More than 7 Million Voters have entrusted their faith in our team and we will work hard to ensure that we fulfill the commitments we made in our manifesto.I would also like to thank my family for having stood by me and having tolerated my absence when I was crisscrossing this great nation of ours.So...Have a Good Night,Take some rest and we will be back to work tomorrow!

Thank you

It is expected that the Liberal Conservative Party will take part in the Grunebaum led cabinet and Party Sources say that Julia Schroeder will land in a cabinet position if the LKP enters the cabinet.

Daniel Schulz,
DNS Weinsedorf City Correspondent
Adithya

Postby 094 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:45 am

Die Linke become largest party in State Council

Die Linke has enjoyed electoral success after early elections were called in Dorvik. For the first time, Die Linke has become the largest party in the State Council and is now looking to enter the government alongside other parties.

Ken Sommer said the following;

"I am delighted with our election result and I hope that this Cabinet will be a Cabinet of peace and hope for the Dorvish people. Corruption is the enemy of the people, and it threatened to tear us apart, but we stand strong as always. Dorvik truly is beautiful!"

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 pm

National Party Votes To Dissolve and Merge With Renewal

The Nationale Partei has finally decided to dissolve the party after many years as Dorvik’s most right-wing party. Alex Gluck, High Chancellor, said the decision was made with “a heavy heart”, but said “it is fitting that we merge with Renewal, the successors of the Pragmatists, once our closest allies.” Gluck shed a tear as he made the announcement, saying “this is the death of our dream of a Dorvik strong without the weak.”

The decision comes after the party has failed in election after election. They failed to secure the far-right vote when they moderated, and failed to secure the moderate vote when hey pushed right - as more of the right-wing pushes towards the centre and religious groups, the once-successful NP was left without a core base.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Pragma » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Grunebaum Wins Unprecedented Landslide

Above: President Grunebaum is sworn in.

While Renewal slipped and won a minuscule amounts of votes and seats, the party's Presidential hopeful Käthe Grunebaum rocketed to a victory totally unprecedented in Dorvish history, winning the majority of votes in every state and all five of the nation's biggest cities. Grunebaum will be the first minority president since Leonard Khan, more than 100 years ago. Grunebaum is now proposing a cabinet that is set to pass, involving the centre-right People's Party, centrist Liberal Conservative Party and centre-left Left party, a moderate coalition.

The extent of Grunebaum's victory cannot be understated. She won the votes of nearly seven in every ten voters, nearly 42 million people all-in-all, on a fairly high presidential turnout. She won the majority of white and minority voters, the majority of men and women, the majority of atheists, agnostics, CotS, Patriarchalists, Confessionalists, Hosians generally, Ahmadis, Thetanists and all other major world religions. She won over 60% of the vote in every state, and a majority of Dorvish, Largonian and Lorman speakers.

Grunebaum's own popularity as the woman who saved Dorvik from an unstable president far exceeds that of her 'political vehicle' - Renewal. Grunebaum will now take direct control of Renewal in an attempt to bolster her direct influence in the State Council. However, her alliance of moderates is certainly strong for the time being. Time will tell as we see the coalition try to hold together for four years. Renewal is already posturing as 'Renewal - the Grunebaum Ticket' to capitalise off a the 'New Way' alliance.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Adithya » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Dorvish Stock Exchange Closes at an all time high

The Dorvish Stock Exchange Building in Central Haldor:-

As the political uncertainity in Dorvik comes to an end and as a More Business Friendly Coalition is sworn into power,The Dorvish Stock Exchange closed at an all time high of 22,000 Points Today.The Share Values of almost all Companies based in Dorvik soared as the New Cabinet was approved by the state council,Analysts say that this rise is poised to continue as the new government is expected by investors to remove overarching regulations passed with the Support of the TGP and the Communists in the previous term.Markets are also reacting positively to the president's intentions to reallow private TOCs and believes that it is a sign towards liberalization.Analysts also state that they believe that the appointment of LKP Leader Julia Schroeder,A Fiscal Conservative to the Finance Ministry is a signal for it but also concede that she will not propose any radical reforms due to the diverse nature of the coalition.

We will have to see if these positive economic trends continue...
Adithya

Postby menkiller755 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 pm

THE ASWALTS RETURN

As expected the TGP leadership has today announced that former president Edmund Treitschke has been removed from his position as party Divine Chancellor. At the same time the party will rename the highest position of the party to its former name "President of the TGP"

The TGP has been in turmoil since the early elections. Losing a massive amount of seats and their hold on the south they have been struggling to once again get back on their feet. With the party being damaged by the Treitschke affair it had started a search for a new party leader the moment Treitschke stepped down. The task proved to be a hard one as no single party member wanted to take the now controversial role as party leader because of the bad name of the TGP.

But out of a unexpected corner of Kordusia the Great Grandson of former president and DKF founder Heindrig Aswalt has stepped up and presented himself to the leadership. Theodore Aswalt is one of the last decendants of Heindrig. With the Aswalt family fully out of politics for a whopping 100 years now it was rather unexpected for the young Theodore to appear. Being a direct descendant of the original founder of the TGP (then DKF) certainly helped Theodore in the decision made to elect him President of the TGP.

Theodore Aswalt at the right with members of the TGP leadership surrounding him during the announcement of his appointment

Theodore Aswalt is 40 years old now and was a former diplomat for humanitarian organisations. He also was (until his appointment as TGP president) a teacher in Historic and Religious study's in the Haldor Republican University which also helped him to the position of party president because of the increased religious nature of the party since Treitschke. Theodore is also an excellent debater and negotiater because of his history as diplomat and is seen as charming by some of his colleagues and relatives. He also has a young family which appeals to a lot of the more conservative basis of the party.

The Haldor Republican University in Haldor

The Aswalt family line has been influential in Dorviks past. Leaders of the very succesfull DKF and leading 2 of Dorviks rare minority government's in the past the family retired politics after some backlash. But now the Aswalt family is back on the political stage and will try to get their old party back on its tracks to push forward once more.

I have seen how this nation has been taken by the recent events concerning this old party. and although i condemn the radical actions of my predecessor i am here to let the people know that nothing will stop me and my colleagues from keeping our committment to the party values intact and that i would like to thank Treitschke for his years long service in name of our party and the nation even in his dire condition.
"Dignity, tradition, Justice" those are the words people think of when they see our party. And those words perfectly describe the things that once made and still make our nation so unique. The people of Dorvik have dignity. The people of Dorvik value tradition, tradition that made our nation to what it is today. And the people of Dorvik demand justice for corruption, unfair treatment and for all the destructive souls out there that seek to undermine our Dignity our Tradition and our Justice! Our party will never stop fighting for what the people believe in. We will stand our ground even though it may be hard. We will resist unfair politics and will truly represent the people in a way that others have been avoiding for so long. This party is,was and will always be the true fighter for Dorvik!

Said Theodore Aswalt during the announcement.
menkiller755

Postby Phil Piratin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 am

June 4305

Weinreich mocks new President for "running away from her job"

Communist leader Anton Weinreich has ridiculed newly-elected President Käthe Grunebaum for "running away from her job" and "trying to shuffle off her executive responsibilities almost as soon as she was elected". This was in response to a proposal, supported by the President and all of the governing parties, to siphon off the Head of Government position from that of the President and invest executive power in a separate individual instead. In a speech to the Staatsrat, Weinreich later added:

We are a little puzzled that after receiving a huge electoral mandate to lead the government, the President is almost immediately trying to hand that job over to somebody else.

Did she really go to the trouble of putting herself forward and getting elected, just so she could be a decorative, ceremonial Head of State, whilst real power is exercised by others?

If this legislation is passed, there is a Communist Workers Co-operative Grocery Store opening in my constituency next week. Would the President do us the honour of accepting an invitation to open it?

Communists call for recognition of Comrade X's alternative government in Hulstria

The Communist Party has proposed a motion before the Staatsrat urging the Dorvish government to officially recognise the rebel communists in Hulstria as the legitimate government of the country. This follows on from Comrade X's declaration of the Volksstaat Hulsterreich, which was supported by the Communist League of Terra.
Last edited by Phil Piratin on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Piratin

PreviousNext

Return to National News