Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutori

Postby BabaBouie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:39 am

Unity Party "anxious" over upcoming 4818 election.

Pictured: Thomas Landon-Matthews duck-hunting in Kenai (March 4818)

As the election day in July 4818 draws closer, most Unity Party officials, including party president Thomas Landon-Matthews, have expressed their anxiousness that they might not perform as they had expected. The 4814-4818 term has certainly been a very exciting one, due to two new parties joining Hutori: the Progressive Conservative and the Liberal Alliance parties. These newcomers have presented many, many bills into the senate which has made this particular term full of debate and action. The Unity Party have expressed their displeasure with these new political parties, as more parties means more competition in elections.

Many Unity Party senators are afraid they will lose their seats because too much competition will, of course, will decrease their party's influence in the senate. Landon-Matthews has told his party that they should "prepare for disappointing results" similar to the 4814 election, wherein the party lost half of their seats.

Landon-Matthews has released an official statement:

"This term may have been exciting for the senate, but it has certainly not been exciting for my party. Due to the abnormal action in the senate these past four years, this party has not been able to propose too many bills and therefore many voters have not heard from us in a long while. This will undoubtedly lead to disappointing results in the election. What we have to do is just prepare for the worst and brave through whatever we are faced with. After the results are over and done with, however, I promise that my party will be extremely active in the senate and in political debates, and that we will retake the spotlight as the only true party of Hutori!"
BabaBouie

Postby BabaBouie » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 am

Unity Party performs well in 4818 election, invited to Conservative-led coalition.

Thomas Landon-Matthews celebrates with voters after the election results are released. (July 4818)

The 4818 election actually proved to be good news for the Unity Party, unlike what many had feared. The president of the party, Thomas Landon-Matthews, made a statement a few months prior predicting that his party would most likely be met with disappointing results, due to increased competition from new political parties in the senate. However, competition turned out to be minimal and the Unity Party was able to add 14 new senators to their caucus, totalling in at 50 Unity Party seats in the senate.

The Conservative-NPP coalition, which previously maintained a massive majority of 265 seats, has now shrunk to a minority of 179 seats. Therefore, President Carmichael (who was re-elected) needed to propose a new coalition. In this coalition, he proposed to make Thomas Landon-Matthews the Prime Minister of Hutori, and give the Ministry of Education & Culture and the Ministry of Food & Agriculture to the Unity Party.

Other parties within the proposed coalition were the Labour Party and the newly-founded Liberal Alliance and Progressive Conservatives parties. This coalition has an overall majority of 225 seats.

Landon-Matthews has accepted the coalition, a shock to many as he reportedly disagrees with the Conservative Party on almost every matter. He has released an official statement:

"I have made it clear many times before that I will never join a Conservative-led coalition unless the stability of our nation is at risk. However, for now, I am afraid I will need to break my promise. We are an open-minded progressive party, so we must give a coalition with the Conservatives a chance. I do believe this is a very centrist government, with the addition of the three other parties with whom I agree with ideologically. Therefore, I accept this coalition on behalf of my party. If this proposal were to pass, I will become Prime Minister. Vice President of my party, Matilda Clifton, shall become the Minister for Education & Culture. A senior member of my party, Nelson Acton-Tyne, shall become Minister for Food & Agriculture. I am quite eager to see what the next four years will have in store for me, my party, and this great nation."
BabaBouie

Postby Independent P » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Liberal Alliance Party wins 21 seats in July election

The LAP won 21 seats in the last election. The party leader Thomas Bench has said that this is the start of something new in Hutorian politics. Mr bench has also talked about hints to a possible new cabinet positions for the LAP. He had this to say

Well i'm very happy with the election result of course and the party members where celebrating throughout most of the night. But i must say now that we have got some political power we have to remember why we wanted it and why the people who voted for us wanted us to have it and its to serve the country well.
- Thomas Bench

Well your party managed to grab 21 seats out of the election, do you think that amount of seats is worthy of a place in the cabinet?
- Reporter

Erm well i don't know about that, we'll have to wait for the presidents proposal to go public. We obviously would like to be in government but as nothings been passed nor agreed on yet we just want the best government possible for Hutori
- Thomas Bench
Independent P

Postby Conser » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:21 am

Bokota's NPP refuse to support cabinet coalition with conservative, support early election

After the abstaining form voting in the cabinet proposae by the President, the National Progress Party finaly came out fo their silence to announce their stance. They would not support any coaliton propose by the Conservative and they would support the early election proposed by the LAP. With the support of the National progress Party, the bill to trigger an early election is nearly certain to pass. Meaning we could have election as soon next month. The leader fo the National Progress Party explain the decision of his party in a recent speech:

''For the last 8 years, we have sustain this cabinet coaltion with the conservative. Now, it is obvious that we can't continue this coaliton any longer; nothing will come out of it. We have push it to the limits. Now, we will have to put an end to it. In this situation, with neither the Labour party or us willing to form a coalition with the conservative, it become obvious that this president will not be capable of forming a governement.

Knowing this, we will ahve no other choice but to support an early eleciton in mars. This election will give to the hutorian people the chance to choose a President that will ahve the sufficient leadership to for the governement they deserve. It will also give the chance to regive to the people of Falristan the representativity they deserve to have, filling the 16 currently empty seats in the province''

(Mattew Bokota' speech)
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby LittleValyria » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Branch Stacking sees end of Hutorian Labor Party - Republican Party Emerges

Rumours had been surrounding for nearly two years regarding the unusually large growth in rank and file members of the Hutorian Labor Party, many of who espoused ideals at meetings far from the Labor Party manifesto. Some had speculated that a takeover was occurring, with right wing groups signing up due to the weak internal controls of the party, which had limited background checks on members, and an unusually open system to contest the leadership of the party. Many of the Senators elected at the 4818 and 4820 election were far from typical Labor politicians, yet some had ignored this, assuming it was just an issue that would die out. Today, the Labor Party saw that weakness exploited, with an extra ordinary general meeting called in Adelia. In a shock and horror to the few left wing politicians left , the party memberships overwhelmingly voted out all left wing politicians, voted to dissolve the Labor Party and elected to re-register under the Republican Party brand.

Remaining Labor senators who opposed the motion quickly resigning, seeing their seats quickly replaced by right-wing populist Republicans in the by-elections. The Republican Party elected Jacob King as leader, with Tom McCarthy elected as his deputy.

Time will tell whether the Republican Party will be a political force or not.

Republican Leader Jacob King
LittleValyria

Postby RileyHP » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:04 pm

REST IN PEACE, MR. PRESIDENT

Tragic news out of Orange Avenue today as President Brian Carmichael was pronounced dead this morning at the age of 64, it is believed he suffered a heart attack, and paramedics were unable to revive him at the scene. President Carmichael is survived by his loving wife Susan, his children Brandon, Michael and Rachel, and his 3 grandchildren.

President Carmichael spent several years in the private sector, holding key positions in some of Hutori's top companies, before entering politics and running for President. At age 43, Carmichael ran for and earned the Conservative nomination for President in 4801 and would challenge President Tom Robert Vence in the 4802 election, ultimately being defeated twice, before finally winning his third and final contest with Vence in 4810.

During his time in the private sector the late President devoted much of his free time to charitable causes, particularly through community programs for at risk youth across his home province of Adelia. Carmichael visited a few of the centres he helped build during his time in office, and will be remembered as a kind, generous, thoughtful soul who always put his community, and later his nation before himself. He was a true leader, and he will be dearly missed.

Sources in the Conservative Party say the President's office has been in contact with the Prime Minister and cabinet and will be drafting an exectutive order to be issued by the Prime Minister, who under the constitution will serve out the remainder of the term as President, to approve the funding of a state funeral. It is expected dignitaries from across Terra will attend and the funeral will likely take place in about a month's time.

Michael Hill Gives Statement On The Death of President Carmichael

"The Right Honourable Brian Carmichael was a man like no other. He gave back to his community whenever possible, and served his country's highest office with dignity, class, and a belief that no matter what party we align with, we all want what is best for Hutorians. Thank you Mr. President for your years of service and may you rest in peace.

As for the Conservative Party, we have taken the decision to not run a candidate for President in the elections to be held next March, nor will we be endorsing another candidate."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:36 am

Jill Ameyeta take the role of President after Carmichael death

After the death of the President Carmichael was officialy confirmed, the Prime Minister Jill Ameyeta was quickly sworn in as the President as the consitution provides it. Soon after, the President Ameyeta issued an offcial statement about Carmichael's death:

''Our nation morn the loss of a great men. President Carmichael was a true patriot and men who served his country all his life. He will be remembered as a great leader, compassionate and open minded. For nearly a decade, he unified two of the most divergent political movements in Hutori into one single cabinet. He caried his duty with dignity and diligence. It is with great sadness that I will take on the duty that the constitution of our nation require of me. Both as Prime Minister and President of our nation, I will do my best to live up to the memory of President Brian Carmichael. In the name of Hutori, I would like to extend our most sincere condolences to his family.

In his honor, my first action as President of Hutori will be to sign an executive order to fund a state funeral for our late President. He will be greatly missed''
Conser

Postby RileyHP » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:04 pm

President Carmichael Laid To Rest

Thousands gather outside Saint John's Cathedral in Bekenial to witness the arrival of the President's funeral precession.

Senators from various Hutorian Parties, including Defense Minister David Bezan (second from left), pay tribute to the late President outside of the ceremony in Bekenial.

The funeral precession marches through President Carmichael's home, Acton.

President Brian Carmichael was laid to rest today outside of his home city of Acton. A state funeral was held at Saint John's Cathedral, the largest in Bekenial, and after the morning ceremony the precession made the multi-hour journey to Acton, marched through the streets of downtown, and finally brought the President to his final resting place just outside of the city.

Politicians of all stripes attended the funeral and paid their respects. Notably a week prior to the funeral the new President, Jill Amayeta gave a statement on behalf of her party and spoke highly of the late President, calling him compassionate, open-minded and a great leader, while also commending him for bringing together 2 of Hutori's most ideologically different parties into a coalition for more than a decade.

President Carmichael will be remembered as a uniter, a leader, and a great Hutorian. Rest in peace, President Brian Carmichael.
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Conservative-NPP Aliance Dead, Bokota Rejects Cabinet Proposal

ImageImage
NPP leader Matthew Bokota (top) and Conservative leader Michael Hill

The 14 year long alliance between Hutori's longest standing political rivals, the National Progress Party and the Conservatives, had its symbolic ending in the Senate today after NPP leader Matthew Bokota announced his party would be rejecting the cabinet proposal from President Jacob King and his Republican Party, which would have extended the Conservative-NPP alliance another 4 years. The NPP leader said his party will sit in opposition, rather than serve in cabinet under President King.

Conservative leader Michael Hill met with reporters after the announcement and President King's second cabinet proposal was presented to the Senate.

"Matthew Bokota chose today to turn his back on a coalition that has achieved great success over the last 14 years. However, we look forward to working with the new President Jacob King to continue to build upon the great work our government has done. I also look forward to continuing our working relationship with the Liberal Alliance and PC Party, as well as welcoming our new partners in the MHP and HUP."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:59 am

National Progress Party in opposion for the first time in decades, Jill Amayeta leaves politics

The formation of a new cabinet by President King put an end to the 14 years old peculiar coaltion between the National Progress Party. Not only that, it also put an end to the presence of the NPP in governement which had go on for nearly 40 years. Questioned about his tough on this return in oppostion, the leader of the National Progress Party didn't seemed too bother by it:

''Well, It's funny that the last time we were in opposition, I was still barely a child (laugher). Other than that, I don't think seing our party in opposition is much of a throwback. You know, sometime it's better to be in a good opposition than to be in bad governement. I am happy to see that the new president was capable of forming a governement without us. You know, this coalition with the Conservatives was always suppose to be temporary in the first place. You, for the next 4 years we will ensure that this governement does it's job properly. This should be a very hard task''
-Mattew Bokota, Leader of the National Progress Party

After the new governement was officialy formed, the chairwomen of the National Progress Party, former Prime Minister and former acting President of Hutori Jill Amayeta announced that she would be leaving politics. The women who had replaced President Brian Carmichael after his death explained to the media that after 25 years in active politics, she was exausted by it and was ready to let her place to a younger politicien. Shortly after, officials from the NPP announce that Noma Coffey, former minister of Food and Agriculture, would be named as the new chairwoman of the party.
Conser

PreviousNext

Return to National News