Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Postby Apulia-2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:26 am

PM-Elect Robert Bell Gets To Work

FEDERAL DISTRICT OF BEKENIAL -- With the votes for the new cabinet rolling in, it appears increasingly that the next Prime Minister of Hutori will be Robert Bell, a former TV news anchor from Adelia. Alternative for Hutori tied for the second most seats in the National Senate election.

Political commentators claim that Bell's name recognition in Adelia and Kenai contributed strongly to their showing there. PM-Elect Bell has begun to propose bills for debate, including ones which will delegate increasing powers to provinces and lift restrictions on them, particularly with public transport and other issues. The Mashacara and expanding the senate have also been debated.

The new Premier of Kenai, party chairman Al Ronald, has announced his intention to bring in a variety of reforms and to form a coalition with other local parties to ensure their success. "I will ensure several positions are held by Mashacara, and it will be a pro-monarchy coalition," Ronald said. "If we can get the Provincial Powers Act passed, we will begin with giving state-payed bus passes to low income workers to keep our economy moving. We want Kenai to be able to rival Adelia in economic size by the end of the century."
National Monarchist Party of Hutori

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"
Apulia-2

Postby hdhebd » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:49 am

Sweeping Victory for NSF and AH

current composition fo the National Senate

Many political analysts say the results are shocking:

althogh their are 6 parties with seats, only 3 matter, the NPP, NSF and AH. You suddenly have 2 classes of parties: the major ones and the minor ones. The Major ones are largely made up of newcomers to Hutrian Politics, the NSF was seen by many as a "radical" element of Hutorian politics. the AH was recently formed. the older guard makes up the minor parties: the trees, and the liberal factions. although they claimed that they were the ones campaigning for the HoS, it tuned out that they are now so insignificant to Hutorian politics. To form any government, you need 2 major parties. These parties that had been long campaign that they were the voice of reason are now being told that they are nothing. the polls have sown that hutoprians want new faces. Even though the old guard continuously claimed the NPP was low in support, the NPP is still the largest party in hutori, albeit the most hated one. Yet the NPP can easily beat the old guard in any election, 1 v 1.

The NSF spokesperson had this to say:

The NSF has always said that we are not about party politics. Today we proved that. For the first time in decades, a non-NPP preisdent is in the capital. Had the NSF not aidied them, the NPP would have won.

when asked about wether the NSF would work wiht the nPP

as a party in the National Senate yes. as a memeber of the coaltion no. Thye betrayed the NSF,a nd thus we will not include them in any coaltion.

whenasked if the NSF and AH would take power for themselves:

the NSF will never betray those who it has given its word. We look forward to close cooperation between the NSF and AH, but we will not allow for betrayal.

The NSF and AH have not formed a coaltion wiht the old guard yet, but are excepted to this month.
hdhebd

Postby Conser » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Justine Bates officialy elected leader of the National Progress Party

Justine Bates mkaing her victory speech

After a very long campaign, the National Progress Party officialy elected their new leader. Many members of the National Progress Part were gather in Carter City where the result of election and the identity of the new leader were revealed. Here are the offcial result:

-Justine Bates 60,82% (266 671 votes)
-David West 39,18% (171 787 votes)

This makes Justine Bates, the former President of Hutori and long descendant of former President Alex Bates the new leader of te National Progress Party! After her election was announced, she made a speech in front of the crowd:

''Thank you everyone. I must first thank my friend and colleague Davist West for putting up such a wonderfull campaing and for all he has done for the Party and for our country. He was a worty opponent and I sure hope that we will have him by our side for a long time to come. Now, we need think abou the futur of our country. Do to so, we must reflect on what happened over the last few years. We have accomplished much in the past few decade, let alone we abolish monarchy and restore our great republic. Let's adress the elephant in the room, the election of february. Never in hutorian history have we seen such a weird and surreal coaltion directed at the sole purpose of defeating one single party. Every single political forces in Hutori outside of the NPP were aim at destroying the National Progress Party and yet, we still manage to get ourselves above all of them. If this is not a clear prove that the National Progress Party is the only true voice of the hutorian people, I don't know what it is. Yes we may have lost the presidency, but after what? Lies, false accusations, fake promises and one the most unstable coalition in hutorian history. If it takes all this to beat the National Progress Party even once. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of action it woudl take to beat the National progress Party twice. Now, we have a duty toward the hutorian people. We are the only opposition that this governement has in the senate and believe me, we will take this job seriously. We will defend the values on which the hutorian nation stand. We shall be vigilant to all the obscure idea that the most radical members of this new governement might have. It has only been a few month that this governement is form and we already hear discussion about outrageous policies such as declaring a official religion for the hutorian state. You can trust us to defend the people until the electionof 4563.''

Soon after, the newly elect leader annouced that she planned to completly restructure the party and that herself and her party would soon propose a list of new reform over the course of the next few month.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Conser » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:22 am

Lincey Daniel retire from politic

Yesterday, the long time Prime Minister of Hutori and chairman of the National Progress Party announced that she was officialy leaving politics. Lincey Daniel was a prominent member of the National Progress Party for 40 years and she was Prime Minister for nearly a decade. She is mostly known for her very central role in the abolition of monarchy and instauration of the Federal Republic, she is one of the only Prime Minister to have serve under the rule of five diffrent Presidents (If we count the two month she was Prime Minister during the the presidency of Eric Steuart-Carmichael). Her resignation from her multiple offices wasn't really a suprise to anyone considering her 70 years of age and the rarity of her intervation in the senate.

''After many years of serving this country as MP, Prime Minister and then senator, I have no choice but to retire from all political office I currently serve. Because my age, I have not in capacity to keep serving this country with the vigor and the energy I used to. I am confident that the young man that will replace me as Chairman of the National Progress Party will do his with skill and rigor. I am pround of all the thing we have accomplish together and know you accomplish much more in the futur without me. On this day, I must thank particularly the people of Hutori who allowed me to serve as their Prime Minister and to the people of my constituency, Kincardine Torbay, for letting me be their MP and Senator for such a long time. I shall keep myself available for all the people of the National Progress Party and to all the members of the Senate if they ever want advises from me''

After that, the National Progress Part announce that former minister of Justice, Owen Denoncourt, would replace Lincey Daniel as Chairman of the Party.
Conser

Postby hdhebd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Hutorian MoFA arrives in Beluzia

The Hutorian MoFA has arrived in Beluzia at the invitation of the Bleuzian HoG and MoFA.

In a press confrence, the MoFA of both nations agreed o sing a treaty of friendship, cooperation, and coordination.
hdhebd

Postby Apulia-2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 pm

PM Bell Launches Alternative Campaign

ACTON, ADELIA -- In the press room of Alternative for Hutori's headquarters in Acton, Prime Minister Robert Bell, the party's leader, laid out the platform that the party would be running on. In addition, AH strategists have revealed their "strategic targeting" tactic for the upcoming election, where they attempt to push themselves into the center to fight to be the largest party in Hutori.

"We will again be endorsing President Eric Steuart-Carmichael in his bid for re-election," said Bell, quieting rumors that Alternative would be running its own candidate. "The monarchist front will remain intact. We are the populist beating heart of the monarchist movement."

The party's manifesto for the next term again consists of a five point plan.
- Fight for Mashacaran rights and complete the call for the Mashacaran resolution.
- Achieve both economic liberalization and localization.
- Reduce the budget.
- Create a national supreme court.
- Revitalize the Hutori monetary system.

Apulia-2

Postby RileyHP » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Tories To Back Steuart-Carmichael Again

Conservative Leader Mélina Giroux announced today that the Conservative Party would join the Alternative for Hutori in endorsing President Eric Steuart-Carmichael's bid for re-election. Giroux says she has been happy with the work the coalition has done, and credits President Steuart-Carmichael for his leadership over the past three years.

"President Steuart-Carmichael has been an incredible mentor to the entire government. Many said that our coalition could not work because our parties were too different. But we have proved all of those critics wrong by putting our differences aside and working together on the things we do agree on, and even when we don't all agree, we work to find common ground. We are excited to continue working with this coalition after next year's election."

Trump, Boyle Clash Over Minimum Wage

During debate on Bill NP-55: Raising Minimum Wage Act Trade and Industry Minister Reginald Trump and former NPP Trade and Industry Minister Julia Boyle clashed over the merits of an increased minimum wage. During the heated debate, Trump accused the NPP of pandering to its base while Boyle accused Trump and Prime Minister Bell of fear-mongering. The full transcript of the debate is included below.

Mr. Speaker

If the NPP’s goal is to eliminate thousands of jobs for this nation’s unskilled workers, then congratulations, you have found the policy to do it with!

- Robert Bell (AH-AD)
Prime Minister of Hutori

Mr. Speaker,

Of course, there is no better way to convince someone to be agains't the very improvement of the own quality of life than to create them an unfounded fear that they might lose their job. Well played Prime Minister, but the hutorian people aren't that gullible.

-Julia Boyle
Senator of the National Progress Party and former minister of Trade and Industry

Mr Speaker,

I stand behind the Prime Minister in rejecting this bill. What the National Progress Party fails to understand is that minimum wage jobs are low-skilled jobs that are paid accordingly. If we increase the minimum wage, companies will find ways to cut back the number of employees needed and that results in fewer jobs for young people who are trying to gain experience in the work force. That is the point of minimum wage jobs. They are meant for gaining experience, not living off of. Instead of pandering to specific special interest groups like THAT PARTY, this government will CONTINUE TO STAND BY ALL WORKERS MR SPEAKER. THAT IS LEADERSHIP AND WE WILL STAND BY IT!

Hon. Reginald Trump
Senator for Acton Centre
Minister of Trade and Industry

Mr Speaker,

No hutorian business should be allow to exploit young hutorian in exchange for so called ''exprecience''. No matter how these jobs are ''low-skilled'' or supposedly meant for student, everyone deserve a decent salary for an hardd work done. It not true that minimum wage job s are always meant for student, it is a pure myth meant to justify exploitation of million of worker all troughout Terra. Most minimum wage workers are poor people struggling to make a living like single mothers or immigrants.

What the Prime Minister and Minister of Trade and Industry fail ot understand is that raising minimum wage is not going to destroy jobs like they think it will. Because yes, in the first time compagnies will have raise salaries whuch mena that they willl have less money to spend on their business but in the meantime, emplyee who had a salary raise will be able to spend more and that will result in a raise of profit for private compagnies. In the end, raising the minimum wage won't really change the amount of money that companies make. No money is destroyed, all profit stays in the hutorian economy. Raising the minimum wage is simply a reshuffle of the way money is distribute in the hutorian society.

-Julia Boyle
Senator of the National Progress Party anf former minister of Trade and Industry

Mr Speaker,

That party just doesn't get it. When payroll costs increase for a company, they find ways to automate jobs so that they can reduce the number of employees needed. This results in less jobs for the people that they claim to be fighting for. 

And Mr. Speaker, it is not a myth that low-skilled jobs are intended for those who are new to the work force and need to gain experience. Yes there are people who live off of these jobs, but that does not mean that a job that requires no education should be paid the same as one that requires a very high level of education. That party doesn't understand how our society works. In this country you earn your way forward, you don't get everything handed to you. This idea of a Utopian society where everyone gets to live like Kings and have everything handed to them is just that, an idea Mr Speaker. It's not possible and it never will be. So when will the members opposite stop pandering to their base with an unrealistic ideology, and start fighting for the things we can do, like this government has been?

Hon. Reginald Trump
Senator for Acton Centre
Minister of Trade & Industry

With just months to go before the election, it's possible that this could become a key election issue, as it seems both sides are extremely passionate about their stance.
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Justine Bates confident for next election

With less than two months remaning before the election, Justine Bates, former President and leader of the NPP, wants to ensure everyone that she is ready for the election.

''We haved worked hard for this campaign, she said. I have spent the last few months meeting with the hutorian people in all five provinces and we can really see a change in attitude, people like what we are proposing they like our ideas. Years of extreme capitalisme have damage everyone's qualitie of life considerably and the people know it. We don't want to destroy the economy or attack the free market, we just want a governement that is ensuring that no one getting fraud or being exploited. Right now, I believe many hutorian citizen are being both fraud and exploited by huge corporations''

It is true that since the beginning of her mandate as leader of the party, her party has gone more and more left-wing over time. Many position of the party have changed over the last years, like their position on making children sing the national anthem or the disacration of the flag. The party has proposed many bill in the senate over the course of the last four years and some of them have passed. Kim Nicholson, a Senator from the National Progress Part of Lagard explain:

''We have litteraly get more things done as the opposition then every parties of the governement gathered, that clearly show something. From nationalising electricity, expending freedom of speech, creating a national system of library and giving more autonomy to the police force, we have accomplished a lot, more than we tought we would honestly. What does this governement have accomplished exactly for the hutorian people? The have lowered tax in a small amount and they have giving to the province responsabilities that ther are not able to fulfill, that's all basicly.''

-Kim Nicholson, senator of the National Progress Party of Lagard

(Justine Bates at a raly in the University of Roccato)

Lately, the National progress Party has really try to reach out the the youth of the country. Justine Bates herself has made a tour of all University and college of Hutori to meet with all the youth of the nation.

''It is really great to see the enthusiasm of our youth. They are pround to be hutorian and they really believe in a brither futur for our nation. It's heartwarming''

Indeed, the National Progress Party has attracted many young people who feel that Justine Bates really gets to them, not only because she is young but also because of her many proposition that affect youth directly like free tuitions and incresing minimum wage. However, the chairman of the National Progress Party, Owen Denoncourt beleive that will not necessarly be a key isssue over the next election and he believe that scandal from the National Salvation Front will be more of a talkpoint:

'' Indeed, minimum wage is a important issue but I don't think the election is going to be played solely on that. Right now, we have a party in government that have used swear words in the senate, that propose the same bill over and over again and that have proposed some very alarming ideas like banning alcool and tabbaco or banning women and homosexual from the millitary and we are yet to see the Prime Minister, the President or any members of the governement coalition doing anything about it. Of course, the Royal Conservative Party seems to be the only party that had the bravery to denounce the NSF in the slightest for their actions but the overall response has been mostly inadequate. This is a real disgrace for the hutorian nation.''
Conser

Postby Apulia-2 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Alternative Leaders: "We Are the Kingmakers"

Prime Minister Robert Bell shakes hands with the victorious President

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- With results rolling in, it appears the largest party in parliament will be the National Salvation Front, the traditionalist bund with varying ideology. "The people of Hutori have seen their other options," Prime Minister Bell said in his election night speech.

"Over half of Hutori have opted to choose populist anti-establishment parties over the liberals, conservatives, or the National Progress Party. This is a tremendous step. The only question is, will we take advantage of this great Hutori Spring, or will we suppress it? Will we choose to have radical change in the right direction, or will we gridlock and stagnate?
I believe today that there is no party that will unify the forces of the populists, with those of the establishment, to create lasting change. We will fix the problems of the Mashacara. We will create a Supreme Court to hold politicians accountable. We will restore the monarchy!

Bell in his speech made it quite clear he intends to stay on as Prime Minister. "We are the kingmakers, and so we will ensure that the people have a say in the highest government office in the National Senate!"

LOCAL: Kenai Premier Re-Elected

PORT PROSPERITY, KENAI -- Premier Al Ronald, Chairman of Alternative, may have lost their majority government in Kenai, but have won about 44% of the votes. "We will work with whichever parties will support us," Ronald said. "We will work to create a Kenai-wide free bus pass for low income employees, and we will be building bus lanes to support this. This is our mandate."

Apulia-2

Postby Conser » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:34 pm

Premier of Falristan declare he will turn to separatism if monarchy is reinstaure

The Premier of Falristan, Steven Wilson, and the leader of the National Progress of Roccato, Jessica Carter, have shaken the country to it's core when they announced that their parties would turn to separatism if ever monarchy would be reinstore in Hutori. They explain their plan to conjointly, or separatly, join their forces to create a new country call the ''Federal Republic of North Hutori'' if ever Sarah V would be crown queen of Hutori again and if their parties woudl take the majority in their provinces.

'' I am a pround hutorian, but this, this is not Hutori. An Hutori with a monarch is nothing more than joke, a parody, that call itself Hutori. Hutori was built on democracy, on freedom and we can't both have a queen and called ouselves hutorian. I have no desire to live and to raise my children in the eternal rule of the Steuart-Carmichael family. Falristan doesn't want a monarch, it never demanded for a monarch and as long as I am breathing, I will ensure that it will not be ruled by a monarch.''
-Steven Wilson, Premier of Falristan

When contacted, the National Progress Party of Hutori wanted to clarified that they wanted to distance themselves from their provincial counterpart but they also wanted to declared that if ever th emonarchy was to be reestablish, the would continue to fight as hard as they can to re-establish the Federal Republic.
Conser

PreviousNext

Return to National News