Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutori

Postby Conser » Tue May 10, 2022 5:51 am

National Progress Party their largest majority in history... but what for?
After the dissolution of the Liberal Party forced, the parliament was forced to trigger an early election. The result of which surprise nobody. The National Progress Party elected a large majority, the largest they ever had in their history. Taking nearly 84% of seats. After being sworn in as Prime Minister of Hutori for the sixth time, Sabrina Olsen gave a sober speech to the press:

''I must thank the people of Hutori for giving me their trust once again. The recent result have shown that the people of Hutori like and approve of our leadership. Both domestically and abroad, we have shown strength. We have are dealing with the crisis in Dundorf and many nations are joining our struggle against the inhuman practice of slavery there. In Hutori, our government our government has shown govern with wisdom and competence and I am proud of what my team has achieve in the past few years. I would also like to congratulate Mr Tony Delaney, leader of the Democratic Alliance Party, for becoming the new leader of the opposition. I am looking forward to working with him despite our disagrements. ''
-Sabrina Olsen, Prime Minister of Hutori

Her re-election was received with a mix apathy and indifference. If the Prime Minister is recognised by many as being ''competent'', her nearly 17 years of rule, one of the longest in the history of the commonwealth, has seen few major reform. The aging Prime Minister, who is now going well into her seventies and her cabinet, who for many have been in politics for over 40 years, are also aging. Many within the National progress Party are discontent with the lack dynamism and the general lethargic state of the government, wishing for more major reforms.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby King William IV » Wed May 11, 2022 11:15 pm

According to international news journalists, tensions between Dundorf and Hutori have lowered, and Dundorf is inviting the Hutori president for a diplomatic meeting.
Reichssozialist Partei RSP (5107-5220, 5292-present) - Dundorf
Þjóðarbandalagið Tælmörks (5289-5292) - Telamon
various others (various) - various, including Kalopia, Trigunia, and Selucia
King William IV

Postby Conser » Thu May 12, 2022 5:31 am

Agreement between Hutori and Dundorf: end of slavery and sanctions

Earlier today, the Prime Minister of Hutori and the Königsführer of Dundorf met earlier today to try t resolve the tension between to the country. The tension erupted months ago when Dundorf legalised slavery and the slave trade within their country and Hutori responded by harshly sanctioning Dundorf and calling for the internaitonal community to do the same. After the conference between the two leaders, the office of the Prime Minister sent a press release announcing that the two country had reach an agreement. Dundorf would ban slavery and the slave trade once again and Hutori, and the other signatory of the ''Establishment of Economic Sanctions and Defense against Dundorfische Demokratische Republik (Dundorf)'' treaty would stop sanctioning Dundorf. It is to be noted that the treaty already stated that all it's provision would become void if slavery was to be banned once again in Dundorf. It was also agreed that Dundorf would be allowed to keep using forced labor as a form of punishment for criminals. The government of Dundorf is allegedly preparing legislation to remove slavery once again. Prime Minister Olsen made a quick statement to the press following this agreement:

''I would first like to thank the government of Telamon for allowing this conference to take place. I can only command the Königsführer of Dundorf and his administration for their willingness to discuss diplomatically and their good faith effort at finding a agreement. This agreement is a big step forward for human right and for peace. We are proud of what was achieved, this is a great day for mankind''
-Sabrina Olsen, Prime Minister of Hutori
Conser

Postby Conser » Sat May 14, 2022 7:54 pm

Olsen Announce her resignation has leader of NPP

Earlier today, the Prime Minister of Hutori announced her intention to end her political career and resign as leader of the Naitonal Progress Party. She explained her decision as such:
'After more than 45 years in politics, 25 years as leader of the NPP and 20 years as Prime Minister of Hutori, it is more than time for me to leave my place for someone younger. It is time for a new generation of politicians with new ideas and new values to take our place in higher circle of hutorian politics. I am proud of what we accomplish over the years. The reforms the National Progress Party has brought since its refoundation nearly 40 years ago are monumental. The Hutori we ahve today has nothing to do with the Hutori we had all those years ago. I would like to thank the people of Hutori for placing their trust in me to be their Prime Minister for so many years. I would also like to thank the former Prime Minister, Jake Davidson, for allowing me to be minister of Foreign Affairs for many years. Finally, I would like to thank the fantastic people of Bekenial North for choosing me as their MP for 12 consecutive term.
I will stay as Prime Minister and interim leader of the National Progress Party until a new leader can be elected by the members of the party.''
Sabrina Olsen, Prime Minsiter of Hutori

This announce didn't come as a surprise for most since rumors had already been circulating for the last few months concerning the departure of the Prime Minister. Many prominent ministers of cabinet has already begun to rally their support for the upcoming leadership election that is supposed to be held in the next few months. So far, two principal candidate seems to stand out:

-Julia Macphail, 37 years old, Minister of Environnement and Tourism and Daugter of former Minsiter Sophie Macphail
-Xavier Harris, 49 years old, Minister of Trade and Industry and former Speaker of Parliement
Conser

Postby Conser » Mon May 16, 2022 1:38 am

Xavier Harris elected leader of the National Progress Party

After months of campaign from the only two candidates, Xavier Harris and Julia Macphail, the National Progress Party finally held the leadership election. The debate had gotten heated in the last few months between the nationalist faction of the party, represented by Xavier Harris, and the progressive faction of the party, represented by Julia Macphail.
Here are the official result of the leadership election:

Julia Macphail - 31.19% (261 763 votes)
Xavier Harris - 68.81% (577 491 votes)

In a clear landslide, Xavier Harris was elected as the leader of the National Progress Party. A very clear victory for the nationalists and the ''militarists'' of the party. The new leader, who is expected to be sworn in as Prime Minister in the next few weeks, made a speech in front of the supporter of the party who where gathered in the headquarter in Carter City. Here what he had to say:

''Thank you everyone! I would first like to congratulate Julie Macphail for the incredible campaign she led over the last few month. I want you to know, julie, that you are and will always be part of the National Progress Party. You are an ally and a friend to me.
I would like to thank the people of our party for naming me as their new leader. It will be an honor for me to lead, not only our party but also, our nation altogether. Let me tell you what kind of government I want to lead.We will be the government of unity. We will be the government of pride and patriotism. We will be a government that stand for our troops. A government that stand for the hutorian people and stand for our value, our culture and our tradition. I shall be the Prime Minister of Renewal. We will see, under the New National Progress Party, a new era for Hutori. This will be the rebirth of our nation. In the last few years, we have already took and stand against slavery, effectively stopping slavery in Dundorf. The world can expect more from Hutori in the futur. Hutori will be involved, as involve as it is possible, in the defence of freedom an democracy all around the world.''
-Xavier Harris, new leader of the National Progress Party

(Xavier Harris, new leader of the Natinonal Progress Party)
Conser

Postby Conser » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:54 am

Minister of Defence reminds of the illegality of paramilitaries in Hutori

Earlier this year, the house leader of Hutori Hosian Revolution Party announced that he intended to create a paramillitary to, as he describe it, ''protect our Hosians across Terra''. In response, the current minister of Defence wanted to issue a statement to address the situation on behalf of the government.

''It is our understanding that a member of parliament, Mr Jake Arbour, has announced the creation of a paramilitary. We would like to remind that paramilitaries are strictly illegal within Hutori. The Hutorian military and police forces are ready to take action to disband and dissolve any illegal military group. As it is our current understanding, that at the time, the World Hosian Guard does not operate within Hutori. However, it seems that Mr Arbour is funding and taking part of this paramilitary, as he claim to be ''major general''. Both of these act are potentially illegal, as they constitute participation in a paramilitary group, and will be investigated by ministre of Justice. ''
-Derek Brown, Minister of Defence
Conser

Postby Conser » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 am

Defeat of the NPP, Xavier Harris step down as Prime Minister and leader of the National Progress Party

As the Bread Party elects a majority in parliament, the National Progress Party take it's first major defeat in decades. Incumbent Prime Minister and leader of the National Progress Party conceded his defeat and announce that he would not seek to stay as Head of Government. He, at the same time, announce that he would leave his position as leader of the National Progress Party. Prime Minister Harris made a brief statement to the press following his resignation:

''The message sent by the people of Hutori is unambiguous. They are tired of NPP. They are tired of me as their Prime Minister. They want something new and they have express this desire. I can only accept the result of this election and I will take action accordingly. I will step down as Prime Minister and leader of the NPP. It is time for me to let the path clear for the leaders of tomorrow. I will allow for a new leader to come in and do the cleaning that our party, as I realise now, desperately needs.
I congratulate the Breed Party and my good friend, deputy Prime Minister Joseph Croissant, for their victory. I hope that you may succeed in the task that has been entrusted in you. It was an honor for me to lead our great nation. I hope the best for the future of our nation. May we stay strong forever.
In the following hours, I will step down as Prime Minister and will instruct all other minister from the National Progress Party to leave their position so the new government can take form. This will be my final action as leader of the NPP.''

(Prime Minister Harris During his last adress to the press)

Following the announce of Harris, The leadership council of the NPP announced that Anita McKenna, outgoing minister of Education and Culture, would become the interim leader of the Naitonal Progress Party. A leadership election shall be held in the next few years.
Conser

Postby Conser » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:37 am

Katie White elected as leader of the National Progress Party

After one of the longest interim in the history of the party, the NPP finally held it's leadership election. The election, where only the members of the party were allowed to vote, saw the former Minister of Environment and Tourism Dan Lewis compete against the young MP from St. Johns Kenora Katie White. After counting every vote, the result have been communicated to the press.

Katie White 247 194 votes (56,36%)
Dan Lewis 191 741 votes (43,64%)

White seem to become the leader of the National Progress Party. Running on a plateforme of nationalism and unapologetic patriotism, the victory of White seemed to be yet another victory for the more military and patriotic wing of the party. If we are yet to hear clearly what the priorities of the leader are, but many political aids and people close to her have made it clear that she inded to shift her party toward more nationalism while keeping her party's traditional hard line on regulating Hutori's economy. Many portion of her program were consider by many to be quite radical as they propose to extend the power of the central government and to give more freedom and power to the military.

(Katie White, new leader of the National Progress Party)
Conser

Postby Conser » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:23 am

Prime Minister White wants to re-open the constitution

Prime Minister White annonced her plan to re-open the constitution. After dodging the question of the abolition of monarchy, the National Progress Party, currently holding a super-majority, finally wants to re-open the republican debate. White declared in a press conference this morning that it was ''time for Hutori to explore its option when it comes to our form of governement''. Officials form the caucus of the NPP announced that they would open a parliamentary commission on the future of Hutori, as they want opinions from opposition parties on the before going anywhere. The government also want to explore what kind of system of government the country might have if they get rid of the current one:

''Do we want to abolish the monarchy? If we don't abolish it, can we reform it? If we do abolish it, what kind of republic do we want? We don't necessarily want to retake the old constitution made the last time Hutori was a Federal Republic, as it had many major flaws that doomed it to fail. We need to be careful with this. Every option needs to be on the table.''
-Kathie White, Prime Minister of Hutori

(Prime Minister White comming out the Prime Minister's office)
Conser

Postby Conser » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:29 am

Government to push abolition of monarchy in Hutori

Following the last election, that gave back to the anti-monarchist a constitutional majority in parliament, the high ranking of the government are announcing plans to push for the abolition of monarchy once again. Source close to the Prime Minsiter's office are confirming that the proposition of a constitutional bill to restore a certain form of republic was imminent. The Prime Minister herself declare throught a press release that:

''It's a very clear that the population of Hutori no longer feels the need for a monarchy and we will ensure that the constitution follow throught that sentiment. It is more than time for Hutori to have a republic''

How this new republic will be shaped, that remain to be seen.
Conser

PreviousNext

Return to National News