Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Postby RileyHP » Sat May 11, 2019 2:28 am

Scheer Statement Regarding Controversial "Death Company" Film

"During the Great Terran War, Hutorian troops fought for not only our freedom, but for the freedom of all of Terra. Hutorians will not apologize for defending our principals of democracy, human rights, and our protected freedoms. We must always stand against tyrannical leaders who try to take over Terra and install repressive regimes. If some of our soldiers did the things depicted in Death Company Hutorians would reject that, their fellow troops would reject that and they would be extremely disappointed in those individuals, and they would be punished accordingly. But to assert that this was normal behavior of Hutorian troops is unfair to those who fought and made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. The Conservative Royalists condemn this film as we believe it is an extremely inaccurate depiction of our troops."
Hon. Ryan Scheer
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Royalist Presidential Candidate
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Mon May 20, 2019 1:27 am

President Bates form first left-wing governement in decades

After being elected President of Hutori for the second time in 22 years, the newly elected President formed a governement with the Labour Party Making it the first entirely left-wing governement of Hutori in many decades. This brings an end to the 12 years long governement of coalition between the Royalists, the National Monarchists and the National Progressives. During these many years, both the Labour Party and the NPP have proposed a lot of reforms mostly failed to pass in front of the parliament and now that they held the majority together, they have a free path in front of them to pass those legislations.

(The President, Jusitne Bates, comming out of her first meeting with the new cabinet)

The new President had this to say about ther new cabinet and the new majority of the left;

''We promise changes to the people and we are going to give changes to the people. For far too long, the hutorian people have harm of unfair and bias system that was meant to keep them in poverty while the rich were were getting richer. We will now work with the new members of the cabinet like my new Prime Minister Joseph Pearson in order to create a more prosperous nation that benefit everyone.

Since the creation fo the cabinet, the National Progress Party has already proposed two new legislation, the ''Health Reform Act'' and the ''Raising Minimum Wage Act''
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Apulia-2 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Luther Meeks Narrowly Loses to Bates; Elected Chairman of NMPH

Meeks delivering his concession speech

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- In a surprise campaign, the National Monarchist Party of Hutori put Deputy Leader and longtime Minister for Trade and Industry Luther Meeks (NMPH-KE) in for their presidential candidate. The libertarian firebrand headed the trade and industry ministry for over a decade, where he quietly built up the NMPH's libertarian faction into a viable force that could reckon with the heirs of the first generation of leadership of the party.

Meeks had 49% of the vote, and lost after the Labour Party endorsed incumbent President Bates. "The fight is not over," Meeks said in his concession speech. "It is just beginning."

Then-incumbent Party Chairman "Big Mac" McDonall had been regarded as a "campaign failure", as the party has seen declining seats since the Presidency of party founder Robert Bell. A special no-confidence chairman election was held, with Meeks easily pulling a coalition of federalist, anti-war, and libertarians to vote McDonall out of office with over 70% of votes cast. Meeks represents a pivot of the party from focusing on constitutional and monarchy related issues to focusing on civil liberties and the economy.

Anti-war leader Clinton Bird was installed as Deputy Leader of the party. This is the first time in its history that a prominent pro-monarchy activist hasn't been in its slate of leaders.

Former Opposition Leader Jane Burton has indicated that she will stay on as leader of the party, bolstered by support from libertarians.
National Monarchist Party of Hutori

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"
Apulia-2

Postby Temu » Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 am

Jessica Myer & The Liberals are Back!

MP for Prosperity City, Jessica Myer speaking on election night

When people first heard of the reformation of the Liberal Party, and Jessica Myer taking back leadership, many held skepticism over whether the party would achieve wide electoral success, remembering the downfall of the old Liberal party. However election night proved us all wrong, with the Liberals capturing 17.16% of the vote, and a total of 71 seats. An even bigger shock to pollsters and pundits was the ascension of Jessica Myer to the Prime Ministers office. It is well known that Mrs Myer long eyed the position of Prime Minister, however her ambitions were cut short after the party collapsed in 4564. Mrs Myer re-established the party alongside Country Royalist MPs, who managed in a mere 10 months, turn the party into an impeccable force. Mrs Myer and the Liberal Party have been on record stating the country needed a strong centrist party, willing to put ideologies aside, and work with all sides of politics to better Hutori.

Both left and right have pandered with policies that are not in the interest of Hutorians, now more than ever do Hutorians need a political force to keep both sides accountable for their actions, and advocate strong sensible policy. -Jessica Myer

With Mrs Myer successfully negotiating with the Royal Conservative & National Monarchist parties to form government, Mrs Myer has a huge task of retaining the support of the right wing parties, while also maintaining support from Centrists. Time will tell whether the Liberals can sustain their political force.
Temu

Postby RileyHP » Fri May 31, 2019 4:45 am

Royal Conservatives to Elect New Leader

The Royal Conservative Party has announced it will be holding a leadership contest to determine its next leader. Current leader Jacob Houston is stepping down from the post, which he was appointed to by the caucus after the split of the Royalist Party. He will also be retiring as the MP for Glentingham East at the end of this term and will continue to serve as Finance Minister until that time. Party members will elect their next leader at a convention in Acton on March 15th 4584.

So far there have been 3 people to put their names forward as candidates. Full bios for each candidate are listed below.

Hon. Linda Philpot

Philpot is a veteran of the House of Parliament having served as MP for St. John's Centre for the last 33 years. She is currently serving her third term as Science and Technology Minister and has also served as Minister of Education and Culture in the past. Philpot's experience will be her best asset in this race.

Hon. Gerald Jackson

Jackson is a fairly new face in the Conservative Caucus. He was first elected in 4481and was immediately appointed to cabinet as the Minister of Defense. He served for 26 years in the Royal Hutorian Navy where he became Vice Admiral of the Navy, a role in which he served for 6 years before retiring and entering into politics. Jackson must emphasize his experience at the cabinet table over the last 2 years as well as the fact that he is a fresh face in Hutorian politics if he wants to win this race.

Elizabeth Jones IV

Jones key asset going into this race is her last name. She comes from a long line of Jones's who have been some of the most influential conservatives throughout the history of the party. Her great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother, Elizabeth Jones and her great-great-great-great-grandfather Johnathan Jones both lead the party in the 4300s. Her name is not all she brings to the table though. She has sat on the Conservative front bench since she was first elected nearly 3 decades ago and currently serves as the Internal Affairs Critic for the party.
RileyHP

Postby Apulia-2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:52 am

Meeks Makes Deal With RCP; Entirely Right-Wing Gov to Form

Hutori President Luther Meeks

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- Following an unusually difficult and lengthy government formation, President Luther Meeks has approved Linda Philpot, the new leader of the Royal Conservative Party, to form a government. Meeks has said that his top priorities are healthcare, economic liberalization, and civil rights. "We will be a government that will help Hutori, whether it wants it or not", Meeks joked.

Luther Meeks was a longtime Minister of various governments heading Trade and Industry. He narrowly lost his first presidential election in 4581, but managed to beat longtime NPP president Justine Bates. "It's like Hutori is waking up!" Meeks said on his election day victory.

Meeks is known for his humorous and hot rhetoric. He is said to be a "slap 'em on the back" leader, that led to his long tenure in the ministry of trade and industry. Meeks recorded a new high in business support during his campaign over old numbers of the NMPH.
National Monarchist Party of Hutori

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"
Apulia-2

Postby Temu » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 am

Myer Disappointed with NMPH & Royalist Conservatives

Outgoing Prime Minister & MP for Prosperity City, Jessica Myer

In the lengthy process to form government, popular Prime Minister Jessica Myer looks to be pushed out of office by the National Monarchist & Royalist Conservative parties. Many have questioned the logic behind the deal with Linda Philpot, whom is only a newcomer to the party leadership and didn't even get hold the party leadership position until after the election.
Mrs Myer stated in a press conference
It has become clear that I will most likely not continue on as Prime Minister, I am disappointed I cannot continue to serve this country providing strong sensible centrist leadership. The Royalist Conservatives were completely unconstructive during my time in office, failing their ministry duties, and participate in discussions around a large public works scheme. The fact they are now going to hold even more offices, while unable to even fulfil their current offices is beyond me.

It is understood that Mrs Myer will resign from Parliament alongside popular deputy leader Pauline Allen if the deal pulls through, both believing a new generation of leadership must eventuate.

Former Prime Ministers don't belong in Parliament, I would hate to hold back future leaders of the party by staying around. - Jessica Myer

I've had a good run, I agree with Jessica in that its time for new leadership to take over the party - Pauline Allen

Pauline Allen, MP for Harvey Bay, Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party
Temu

Postby Temu » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:07 am

Liberal Leaders Resign, New Leaders Elected!

Holding true to their word, both the Former PM Jessica Myer, and Deputy Liberal Leader resigned from their party leadership elections upon the ending of the Liberal government. While many anticipated a long Prime Ministership by Mrs Myer, the recent snap election and deal brokered by the NMPH & Royalist Conservatives cut short Mrs Myers ambitions for a second term. Mrs Myer's 35 year political career will come to an end at the next election, where she will not re-contest her seat. The popular MP has served as the MP for Prosperity City since 4550 and will signify and end to the old era of the Liberal Party. Pauline Allen will also not re-contest her seat of Harvey Bay at the next election, paving the way for a new leadership team. Ms Allen, a 21 year veteran in parliament, former Royalist Party Leader and Deputy Liberal Leader spoke to the press stating
... I intend to work behind the scenes to ensure Liberal MPs are elected, but my time in public office is over.. for now at least. I want to focus on my family.

While rumours remain that Ms Allen may end up reconsidering her retirement, sources close to Ms Allen say that it would only be to represent her electorate, and that she no longer harbours leadership ambitions.

New Leaders were swiftly elected into the Liberal Party leadership team with the Liberal Party announcing the team as follows:

Leader of the Liberal Party
The Hon. Paul Howard (MP for Bekenial Bay)

Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party
The Hon. Ralph Turner (MP for South Sutton)

Chief Party Whip
The Hon. Jo-Ann Lyons (MP for Acton Ports)
Temu

Postby RileyHP » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:55 pm

PHILPOT FOR PRESIDENT

Conservative Leader, and former Prime Minister, Linda Philpot has announced her intention to run for President next year. In an impassioned speech in Acton yesterday, Philpot said that it was "high time that the Office of the President and the Prime Minister's Office are on the same page." Philpot says that while the governing coalition is usually able to carry out its mandate without interference from the President, a lot of times the mixed messaging from the President and the Prime Minister can confuse Hutorians and our foreign allies. To solve this problem, Philpot proposed a solution.

"I completely understand why this office was created, people wanted an elected representative of the monarch. However, since its inception the role of the President has become so political, even though the monarch is an independent, non-partisan Head of State. The actions of many Presidents over the years has been disgusting, and frankly unfit for someone who represents the Crown. That is why if elected President, I will work to ensure that I am the last to hold the office. I am commiting to eliminating the role of the President."

After her speech, she was asked if she is elected President, but her party is not a part of the next government, and cannot follow through on her promise, how will she go about fixing the issue of partisan Presidents?

"If I cannot eliminate the office, I will at the very least set an example of what the President should be. I will be non-partisan, I will represent Hutori globally as a true independent representative of the Monarch, and I will bring respect back to the Office of the President. At the end of the day, my problem with the Office of the President is not its existence, but rather it is with the antics of the people that have held it."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 pm

President Justine Bates ready for next election

With less than one month before the next elction, the incumbent President of Hutori and leader of the National Progress Part, Justine Bates held a massive rally in Carter City to launch her national campaing. The rally began with a speech from the chairman of the party Rebecca Gillibrand followed by a speech from a popular MP of the party Patty Braun. The highlight of the rally was clearly the speech of Justine Bates herself:

''I do not think that in the history of Hutori, we ever had an governement as incapable and useless as the one we had for the last four years. In the last session of the parliament, the governement was only able to pass 3 bills. One bill to extend the national helatcare system, one bill one year later to supress this very extension of the national healtcare and finaly one much needed bill to ban the advertisment of harmfull substance. Is this really what the hutorian people expect form their governement? Three bill per four years, two of them being pratically irrelevent? I don't think so. The pepople need a governement that will fight for them, a governement that will pass many much needed reforms that will help the hutorian middle class in their everyday life. There is so many crushing inequalities in our country and we need to adress as quickly as possible. Believe me, if you vote for the NPP, you won't regret it four years later, we will keep standing for what we have always stand for!

Fighting for minorities, fighting for a better educaiton system, a better healthcare system, supporting our troops and finally, the much needed abolition of this old broken and useless system that is monarchy! This is what the Nationakl Progress Party is all about!
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

PreviousNext

Return to National News