Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:23 pm

Mashacara to Stand by the Monarchy

Grand Chieftain of the Five Nations of Falristan

The highest member of the Mashacara People, Grand Chieftain Michael Tenaboe, who is also the High Chieftain of the Wolf Nation of the Mashacara, has stated that the Mashacara People stand always by the Monarchy, even when they acknowledge the Federal Republic.

It was the House of Steuart-Adelia, the ancestors of the Royal Family of Hutori today, who guaranteed our rights and freedoms as equals with the Nation of Hutori. It was the Royal Family that secured our Treaty Rights and Lands, and with whom our forefathers pledged their allegiance. Allegiance we hold dear to this day. The Empress will always be our Chieftainess and Kanien'keha. We are partners with the Provincial Government of Falristan, but should they chose to secede from Hutori over whether they vote for a President or Bow to a Crown, then we shall exercise our Right and Secede from Them to Rejoin that Monarchy as is Our Right.

The Five Nations of the Mashacara, Falristan's five resident Mashacara Tribes, are some of the wealthiest in the entire nation, possessing the bulk of Falristan's mineral wealth underneath their nation and whose Royalities to the Falristan Provinicial Government, have become reliant on. Under Treaty and Guaranteed under the former Commonwealth Constitution, the Mashacara are held equal to Hutori in terms as being autonomous enclaves of their people within Hutori, while still being guaranteed Hutorian Citizenship and Rights. Well they would become landlocked by a seperatist government, the fact that 80% of the oil, natural gas and other raw resources that Falristan has become famous for, is underneath the land of the Mashacara would likely cripple the Falristan Government if they chose to turn off the pipes, or cut off the Royalties that are paid to the Falristan Provincial Government with their majority sharehold of the Carter Energy Group.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby hdhebd » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:44 am

MoD announces the deployment of troops in Beluzia

After discussions between both he Hutorian and Beluzian MoD, Hutori has deployed an unknown number of military units in a Beluzian base.

Neither the Beluzian or Hutorian MoD responded to our requests for an interview.

However, an unnamed source form the Beluzian MoD told us:

This is an important move as it shows that the treaty is now being upheld to the fullest extent.
hdhebd

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Hutorian High Command Denies Deployment of Forces to Beluzia

General Henry Phillips, Chief of the Defence Staff of the Hutorian Armed Forces

Hutori's highest ranking officer military officer has denied that he has any forces deployed overseas, aside from the Hutori's formal overseas bases.

Unless the Minister of National Defence or the President has ordered forces overseas without first checking with me, I can confidently confirm that there are not Hutorian forces deployed in Beluzia. As of right now Hutori has five overseas bases; Keymon, Kazullia, Telamon, Rutania and New Alduria. I can confirm that Naval forces are deployed at our overseas bases at Keymon, Kazullia, Telamon and Rutania as they have been for the past centuries, and I can confirm that Joint Forces Base Paul Driscoll in New Alduria is still manned, though by no means as much as it was prior. I am aware that we have a new treaty with Beluzia, I am also aware that it gives us the right to deploy forces to Beluzia. However there have been no formal requests put to me, there have been no formal requests put towards the Senate, so unless we have secret forces I, as the highest ranking military officer in the Armed Forces am not aware of, believe me we have nothing deploy.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Apulia-2 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Al Ronald Resigns as Alternative Chairman

PORT PROSPERITY, KENAI -- Premier Al Ronald of Kenai announced he would be stepping down as Chairman of the Alternative for Hutori party. Ronald explained that now that the monarchy had been restored, it was no longer necessary for him to lead the party, indicating that one of Alternative's pet issues had now been put to rest.

The Party Chairman of Alternative is supposed to also be the Presidential candidate. However, in recent years, Alternative has lined up behind President Eric Steuart-Carmichael. Given that this agreement will most likely not stand into the next election, it is likely the next leader will actually live up to the expectations of the position.

There are strong rumors that former Prime Minister Robert Bell is considering a run for the position.

Party Leader Robert Bell said of the man, "it is sad to see him go. He was an inspirational figure, larger than life. Now Kenai has him for good, and we're all a bit jealous."
National Monarchist Party of Hutori

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"
Apulia-2

Postby RileyHP » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Are Giroux's Days as Tory Leader Numbered?

In the 4 elections that the Royal Conservative Party has contested under the leadership of Mélina Giroux, the party has has lost seat share in all of them. When she took the helm, the party had gone from a supermajority, to opposition in just 1 election. However, they still held nearly 30% of the seats in parliament, now they hold just over 8%. Giroux was expected to immediately rebound the party back to the top of Hutorian politics. Her appeal as a minority language speaker, with her native language being Canrillaise, and the fact that she was the first female leader of the Conservative Party in 2 centuries were reasons being said by many political experts that she would take the party straight back to the top.

It didn't pan out that way though, and now some party insiders believe her days are numbered. We spoke to a high ranking party official, on the condition of anonymity, and this is what they had to say:

"I think it's well known throughout the party that Mélina's days are numbered. Many of us have grown tired of continuous decrease in vote share and seat share. I truly believe that it is going to be tough for her to survive the next party convention. With that being 2 years away, it is likely we will have the next election held, and the only thing that would likely save her is if we somehow miraculously pulled a majority government out of the bag, which I sincerely doubt."

Though other party insiders have insisted that Giroux will leave the post when she is ready to, and that the party membership has been happy with her leadership.

"Under Mélina's leadership, we successfully removed the NPP from the Presidency and formed coalition governments. Her calm leadership helped us survive the political turmoil our country recently faced, and she played a big part in the restoration of the monarchy. We have complete faith in her leadership at this time."
- Michael MacDonald
National Campaign Manager for the Royal Conservative Party
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:08 am

Giroux Resigns Tory Top Job, 2 Frontrunners Emerge to Replace Her

Conservative Leader Mélina Giroux has announced she is resigning as leader of the Conservative Party, but will remain MP for St Anslem Nicolet. After some uncertainty leading into the election about her future as leader, the results at the polls all but sealed her fate. For the sixth consecutive election, fifth under her leadership, the Conservatives seat share dropped. Giroux spoke to her caucus the day after the election to break the news and HBC acquired the full transcript of her speech.

"Today, it is with deep regret that I must inform you all of my decision to resign as your leader. I will stay on until the party membership has the opportunity to elect my replacement and I will stay on as MP for St Anslem Nicolet, so long as my constituents continue to out their faith in me. It has been an honour and privilege to lead such an amazing caucus, and an amazing party over the last 14 years. I thank you all for putting your faith in me over the years, and I look forward to continuing to work with you all under our next leader."

In the weeks since Giroux's decision, multiple people have announced their intention of seeking the party's leadership, though only 2 seem to have a real shot and are considered the true frontrunners in the race. Those 2 candidates are current deputy leader Ryan Scheer, and former Minister of Trade and Industry Reginald Trump.

ImageImage
Ryan Scheer and Reginald Trump at their respective campaign kickoff rallies.

Trump comes from a business background. He obtained a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Acton and later went on to complete a Master's Degree in Economics. He would go on to start his own investment firm and also was a corporate lobbyist for a short time, but would quickly turn his attention to politics. He was elected at the age of 32 as the MP for Acton Centre in 4450. The now 46 year old says that his experience at the cabinet table and his business experience will make him ready to lead from day one.

Scheer was first elected at just 21 years of age, and has served as MP for Tremaine Qu'Appelle for the last 10 years. His age certainly will play a factor in this race, as he believes that he can bring a lot more youth into the party and make Conservative values popular among youth again. Though the most intriguing thing about his campaign is that he also brings to the table an interesting proposition. He says that if he is elected leader, he will hold a referendum within the party on whether to once again merge into the Royalist Party. Upon hearing this promise, HBC reached out to interim Royalist Leader Charles Murphy, and here is what he had to say:

"Well it's certainly something I personally would be willing to give some thought to. Though we would have to leave any formal decision to our party membership. But I think there is an appetite for it, the Conservatives were a part of this party before, and I think it would work well again if both party memberships were willing to come together."

Conservatives will elect their new leader in January at a convention in Port Prosperity. Members will be able to vote by mail in, ranked ballot, or vote round by round on the convention floor.
RileyHP

Postby Temu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:49 am

Liberal Party Collapses, MP's merge to Royalist Party to Form "Country Royalist Caucus"

Jessica Myer, former Federal Leader of the Liberal Party

It never was easy for Jessica Myer, during her time as Leader of the Liberals she saw a rise of populist parties significantly erode the parties traditional voter base. Her support of the monarchy has been said to been disastrous for the Liberal brand, with numerous MPs leaving to form the Royalist Party, and donations no longer flowing to the party. It was all but confirmed today, where the party filed for bankruptcy , owing thousands from the recent snap election, unable to meet the debt it owed from campaigning.

At a press conference, Mrs Myer confirmed that the Liberal Party would be merging with the Royalist party:
... It is with heavy heart, that the Liberal Party is no more. Peddling with the idea of a republic was a grave error on my behalf, and I recognise that I am responsible for our collapse. However, a bright future lays ahead for myself and my colleagues. We will be merging with the Royalist Party. We are the Country Royalists, representing the middle and rural Hutori who for too long have been forgotten by the major population centres. Our MPs will work tirelessly to ensure that all Hutori voices are heard. I will not be leading the Country Royalists as caucus leader, however I intend to play a role in guiding the party.

Country Royalist Leader, Pauline Allen

Pauline Allen has been announced as the Country Royalist Caucus Leader, hailing from rural Kenai, she has been described as a populist firebrand. Time will tell whether Ms Allen can grow the Country Royalists into a significant player in Hutori politics
Temu

Postby RileyHP » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Scheer Elected Tory Leader

Ryan Scheer celebrates with fellow MPs and campaign staff after winning the leadership of the Royal Conservative Party

Ryan Scheer has won the leadership of the Royal Conservative Party. As expected, only he and Reginald Trump were competitive in the vote, with Scheer winning 48.7% on the first ballot, while Trump won 45.6%. The five other candidates combined for just 5.7% of the vote. Scheer would go on to win on the second ballot, by a margin 51.2% to 48.8%.

Scheer has announced that he will follow through on his promise to hold a referendum on merging with the Royalist Party, and that referendum will be held in the coming months.
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:45 am

Conservatives Merge Into Royalist Party

After a party referendum that saw an overwhelmingly lopsided result, the Royal Conservative Party announced today that it would merge into the Royalist Party effective immediately. 91% of members voted in favour of the merger, most reasoning that in order to ensure a bright future, centre-right and centre-left minded Hutorians must come together and work towards a common goal.

With the merger, the Royalist Party will grow from the fourth largest party in Hutori with 62 seats, to the second largest party slightly above the NPP with 95 seats. Royal Conservative leader Ryan Scheer will become leader of the Conservative Caucus of the Royalist Party.
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:04 am

Tensions Boil Over Between Coalition Members, Ministers Revolt

MPs Jaclyn Northcutt and Linda Philpot

After Prime Minister Paul Adams announced that he would be firing Minister of Science and Technology Jaclyn Northcutt as punishment for the Royalist's recent actions, and temporarily replacing her with fellow Royalist Linda Philpot, the Minister of Education and Culture, Philpot, along with Finance Minister Jacob Houston, and Minister of Defense Anna Charmichael all announced they would be resigning their positions.

Shortly after the resignations, the Royalists put forward 2 motions. The first was a non-confidence motion in the Prime Minister, which included a cabinet proposal that would see Royalist Leader Matthew Robertson become the new Prime Minister, and 3 MPs from the NPP join the cabinet. The second was a motion of no confidence in the Speaker of the House, who the Royalists claim lacks the knowledge of the rules and procedures of the house required by the chair.

We reached out to the Royalist Party for statements, and recieved statements from Mr Robertson, Ms Northcutt and Ms Philpot. The statements are included below.

"Our party had enough of the incompetence and possible corruption of the NSF. We tried to work with them, but they have proven unfit to govern this country. We believe that the proposal put forward in our non-confidence motion will put in place a government that will be able to work together for the betterment of this nation."
Matthew Robertson
Leader of the Royalist Party

"I want to set the record straight that the Prime Minister did not ask me if I would be willing to take on a second ministry portfolio or advise me of his plan to fire my colleague. The actions of the Prime Minister are disgusting and he has proven himself unfit to be the Prime Minister of this great nation."
Hon. Linda Philpot
Former Minister of Education and Culture

"The Prime Minister's decision to punish me because my colleagues stood up for the sacred institutions of this country was unfair and truly disgusting. I am truly disappointed in the Prime Minister for tarnishing the name of this great nation."
Hon. Jaclyn Northcutt
Former Minister of Science and Technology
RileyHP

PreviousNext

Return to National News