Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Postby 1585 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:08 am

George Simmonds demands constitutional reform

General Secretary of the Nationalist Democratic Workers Party has announced his intent for his party to draft conditional reforming legislation in the upcoming weeks, claiming the 'huge' support received by the NDWP from 20% of the electorate provides a clear mandate towards the republican parties of hutori.

The recent election result, has placed my party second from top, with 20% of all voters supporting the party of change. We have been clear from the start of the election campaign, our desire to remove the undemocratic monarchy that heads our great nation, and now we believe that we and other parties of similar intent have the mandate to propose such legislation. Therefore, it is our aim to have either drafted or supported another parties proposal to remove the monarchy from hutori altogether within the next 6 months. Now is the time for change and we will deliver.

Postby Conser » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:37 pm

President Bates want to move forward with abolition of monarchy

Yesterday, the President of Hutori, Justine Bates announced in a press conference that she had the intention to abolish monarchy as soon as possible. She had this to say:

''For too long, the oppresive regime that is monarchy had controll the hutorian political spectruc. It is time to finaly free the hutorian people from the obsolete idea of moanrchy. Kings and Queens shall return were they belong, in history book. I believe that we have enough republican MP in parliament right now to go forward with our plan to abolish monarchy and I am currently reaching out to all our possible allies to know what their opinion of monarchy is. I have ask to the chairman of the National Progress Party and leader of the party in parliament, Rebecca Gillibrand, to propose a bill to abolish monarchy in the next few month.''
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby 1585 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 pm

Prime Minister becomes new leader of the NDWP

The prime minister Daniel Newman who has only recently taken office after months of parliament failing at numerous attempts to form a cabinet, has as a result of his position been appointed as the new General Secretary of the nationalist Democratic Workers Party after George Simmonds was removed from the position. Mr Newman was appointed by the party's senior leaders without any vote taking place, with no candidates allowed to oppose him to allow for a 'swift transition period'. Former general secretary George Simmonds has been forced from the party with a lifetime ban on his membership, initiated by the prime minister himself.

Newman also set out very clearly in his statement the NDWPs strong contempt-filled attitude towards the monarchy and his absolute commitment to its abolition.

As General Secretary of the NDWP, I look forward to bringing the party's policies forward to parliament and having the opportunity to implement into law. I will ensure I make full use of the privilege of holding position of prime minister for as long as this may last, and will endeavour to use this position as a way of putting forward our policies to the parliament of our great nation. Myself and the rest of the republican cabinet will work tirelessly in our efforts to finally rid Hutori of the stain on our democracy that is the monarchy. We must work to destroy it and regain a fair political system once again.

Postby 1585 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Prime Minister shows support for kazulian Government

The prime minister has declared his sympathy for the kazulian government after the international communities condemning of new laws introduced under the new regime. Daniel Newman, PM of Hutori and General Secretary of the Nationalist Democratic Workers Party has stated his opposition to the economic sanctions being proposed in a motion delivered today in parliament, stating its potential to increase tensions, and stated his support for the kazulian government in helping deliver for the kazulian people.

It is clear that the economic sanctions that have been proposed pose risk to both Hutoris economy and our national security should they go ahead. I feel we must respect the laws of the land that have been introduced by a regime that no matter the ideological differences we in hutori may hold against them, were elected democratically by the Kazulian electorate. Therefore they are within their every right to introduce the laws they believe serve them best. It is not the job of Hutori or any other nation to police the world and that is exactly what we risk starting through the introduction of sanctions. I have instructed my whole party to vote against the motion, in the hope that we can resolve any differences through open discussion instead of provocative and risky measures being proposed. But most importantly, we must respect the leaders of Kazulia regardless of our person opinion and so I must show support in their leadership and encourage them to deliver for the best interests of the kazulian people.

Postby RileyHP » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 pm

"PM Has Lost The Moral Authority to Govern" - Pettipas

Conservative Leader Riley Pettipas slammed Prime Minister Daniel Newman today over his support for the Kazulian dictatorship.

"It is absolutely disgusting that this Prime Minister would resort to such a low as to support a cruel dictatorship that is passing an omnibus bill with 28 articles, most of which violate human rights, namely the article which legalizes slavery. Hutori is a world leader and we must show that we will not tolerate these types of human rights abuses anywhere on Terra. Hutorians want real leadership, and we are ready to bring that to them next month when they go to the polls. This Prime Minister has lost the moral authority to govern."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 am

President Bates annouce postpone of project to abolish monarchy to form cabinet

The president of Hutori, Justine Bates, made a press conference to announce that her party would vote in favor of the cabinet that was proposed by the Royal Conservative Party of Hutori. This mean that the four year long alliance between the the Nationalist Democratic Workers Party and the National Progress Party to abolish monarchy is now a thing of the past. She explain the decision of her party as followed:

''Even if we consider that the abolition of monarchy is oneof the most important issue right now and that it must be accomplish as soon as possible, we believe thas some things are more important. Fighting againsn't slavery worldwide is one of these things. We cannot continue to work with a party that has given their full support to a country that practise slavery. It is the role of the hutorian nation to show the light of freedom to all the people of Terra and we shall fight to end this horrible practise that is slavery. Shame on te Prime Minister for not understanding the most crucial role of the hutorian nation.''
Conser

Postby RileyHP » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Prime Minister Issues Warning to Kazulia

Prime Minister Riley Pettipas speaks to the media after news broke that he had issued a warning to Kazulia.

News out of the Prime Minister's Office today that in his first official act as Prime Minister, Riley Pettipas issued a warning to Kazulia that if they did not reverse course and repeal the three National Morality Acts Hutori would impose his proposed sanctions in November. Motion C-2, which is scheduled to pass in November will impose strict economic sanctions on Kazulia, cut diplomatic ties, and provide aid to Hutorian citizens living in Kazulia so that they can leave the country and return to Hutori. The Prime Minister held a press conference shortly after the news broke and here is what he had to say:

"Today I sent notice to the High Marshal of Kazulia that should his government not reverse course and repeal National Morality Acts I, II and III, Hutori will impose sanctions immediately upon passage of Motion C-2 in November. We must be a leader on the global stage and make it clear that Hutori will not tolerate such blatant human rights violations, especially when slavery is involved. Regardless of our history of being close friends and allies with Kazulia, we must stand up to this evil."
RileyHP

Postby 1585 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Newman blames manipulative opposition for election failure

The NDWP suffered a huge blow to their hopes of maintaining the 2nd largest share of seats in parliament after loosing 2 thirds of their seats and losing the support of 10 million voters from the previous election. Daniel Newman himself, who ran for president can first in the first round and was defeated by President Bates in the second. Overall the election was a huge setback for the party, who have immediately responded with a rebranding, now being the Nationalist Workers Party rather than Nationalist Democratic Workers party, in an attempt to rejuvenate support.

Mr Newman retained his seat in parliament however, and has been quick to criticise other parties and the electorate of hutori itself. In a party press conference the General Secretary said the following;

This election has been a demonstration of the lack of acknowledgment I or my party has received for our work in government up til the recent election. We have been subject to the manipulation of the electorate from political opponents on all sides who have reaped the rewards of the easily led electorate. We as a party must respond through using the limited power we have in parliament to voice our beliefs and stand up for the people of hutori. We will regain the peoples support and will be a strong forces after the next election.

Postby RileyHP » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:37 pm

Prime Minister Pettipas Rings In New Century

Prime Minister Riley Pettipas rang in the new century by holding a large celebration at the Prime Minister's official residence. The event was open to the public, though space was limited. We've included a portion of his speech below.

"Fellow Hutorians, over the last century our nation has firmly re-established itself on the world's stage. We battled through hardship and came out a stronger nation. When a sitting President and his party threatened our national security by doing secret dealings with a foreign nation, Hutorian MPs of all political stripes came together and took swift action to ensure our safety. When Kazulia legalized slavery, Hutori was a world leader in imposing strict sanctions to send a message that we would not stand by and allow those types of human rights abuses. That fight is not over yet, but we will see it through. Hutori is a nation that sets an example for others, and we have shown that over the last century. It is truly an honour to serve as your Prime Minister, and I look forward to all the great triumphs that I know Hutori will have in the coming century and beyond."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Justine Bates resign as leader of the National Progress Party

The President as officialy announced what everyone knew; she is retirering from politic. This didn't really surpise anybody as she had been in politics for over 50 years and as she is now in her seventies. She explain her decision in a press conference as such:

'
'Throughout my time in politics, many things as happen. We abolished monarchy before re-instauring it. We have united our country againsn't a evil president that had colluded with foreign countrie. We fought for more right to our people. Finally, we unite dour country once again to end the horrible practice of slavery. I have seen many things, done many things, more than most politican can in their lifetimes. But now, it is time for me to leave. I have no longer the energy to do it. It is time for younger and more energic leader to take my place.''

Following this annouce, the direction of the National Progress Party announced that an election would be held to determinate the new leader of the Party. So far, 5 different person ahve announced that they would run for leader of the Party:

-Patty Braun, 37 years old. Former minister of Foreign Affairs.
-Rebecca Gillibrand, 50 years old. Current Chairman of the Natioanl Progress Party.
-Lucas Douglas, 49 years old. Current minister of Environment and Tourism.
-Amber Bokota, 28 years old, MP for Carter City South
-Donna Barton 60 years old, current minsiter of Infratsucture and Transport.

Consididering the very high number of candidate, the direction fo the National Progress Party has announced that their would be a second turn of election with only thw two most popular candidates.
Conser

PreviousNext

Return to National News