Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Postby RileyHP » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Prime Minister Pettipas Issues Statement Following Announcement of President Bates' Planned Retirement

"While our parties have rarely seen eye-to-eye on many issues, I have always held a tremendous amount of respect for President Bates. She has completed a remarkable feat, serving in public office for half a century and being elected President 6 times. On behalf of all Hutorians, I would like to thank President Bates for her decades of service to our country, and personally I would like to thank her for her friendship and cooperation over these last 4 years."
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Hutorian Prime Minister Calls For Peaceful Resolution to Kazulian Civil War

"The recent events in Kazulia are concerning. The two sides in this civil war are power hungry, and are forcing civilians to suffer. Hutori stands with the people of Kazulia who are suffering through these extremely challenging times and we offer our services as a third party if the 2 sides would like to find a peaceful resolution. We hope they will take us up on this offer so that their people do not have to suffer any longer."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Lucas Douglas elected leader of the National Progress Party

Yesterday, the election for the leader of the National Prorgess Party happened. Here are the official result for the first round:

Patty Braun 34.32% of votes

Rebecca Gillibrand 1.66% of votes

Lucas Douglas 47.77% of votes

Amber Bokota 12.11% of votes

Donna Barton 4.14% of votes

For the second round opposing Patty Braun and Lucas Douglas, here are the final result:

Patty Braun 48.2% of votes

Lucas Douglas 51.8% of votes.

This makes Lucas Douglas, the current minister of Environement and Tourism the new leader of the National Progress. Here is his victory speech he made in front of a crownd of NPP's supporters:

''Thank you everyone. It is honor for me to become the new conductor of this hutorian symphony we are all writting together. The National Progress Party, this 500 years old organisation, has been craven into the stone of hutorian history. We have achieve so much in all these years. We have givings right to the people and when these rights when threaten, we defended them with all our hearth. We will continue to fight! We shall not surrender the quality of life that we have given to the hutorian people. If we have to fight for another 500 years, so be it. As the hutorian hearth is still beating, we shall not stop our struggle to give to the people what the deserve; a governement that care about them. This is what is it all about, a government that ensure that no one is exploit by greedy corporation. A governement that ensure that no onw is being oppresed because of who they love, the color of their skin, the language they speak, the the gods they pray or the gender theiy are born with. A governement that believe that woman are not simply baby-machine who shouldn be force to have unwanted child.

Because in these dark time, the world needs Hutori. The role of the hutorian people is to brings light to this dark world. WHen we live in a world where some country are stil trying to bring back slavery, we know that hutori still ahs role on to play on making Terraa a better place to live.

I would especially thanks the current President, Justine, fro all the thing she did for Hutori. She is a source of insperation for me and I can't ever thank her enough for giving me the honor of serving as one of her minister. Bless Hutori''

(Lucas Douglas making his speech)
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby 1585 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:12 am

Newman hails election a huge victory

leader of the Nationalist Workers, Daniel Newman has claimed his party performance in the election a huge success and hopes to form a cabinet immediately. Having won the largest proposition of seats in parliament, he has stated in no uncertain terms his pride in the NWP and that it is in all down to having policies for the working people of hutori that have been neglected for so long. The NWP said the following;

I am ecstatic with our performance in these elections that have proven the worth of my party's policies, and our huge support from the Hutorian people. We are the only party that will stand up for the workers, and it would seem a whopping 30% of our electorate would agree! It is now my belief that as the largest party we should look to form a coalition as soon as possible and will be looking at all available options to make that happen.

Postby RileyHP » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:40 pm

Coalition Claims Election Victory

Despite claims of victory from NWP leader Daniel Newman, incumbent Prime Minister and leader of the Conservative Party Riley Pettipas in a statement claimed victory for his governing coalition. Pettipas has a solid claim to victory, the coalition earned a whopping 69.4% of the vote in the parliamentary elections, Liberal Pauline Allen was elected as the new President, and with a combined 288 seats the coalition has an overwhelming majority in the house. Pettipas' statement is included below.

"The Hutorian people spoke loud and clear. Our coalition gained 56 seats and received more than 2/3rds of the popular vote. We will continue to govern Hutori and provide the strong leadership that Hutorians have come to expect from us."
RileyHP

Postby 1585 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Newman Resigns as leader of the NWP

Former Prime Minister and veteran leader of the Nationalist Workers party Daniel Newman has officially announced his resignation as leader of the party explaining the decision to be a personal sacrifice for the best interests of the future of the party and the people of hutori who have been denied the NWP led government that the democratic will of the people had intended.

Daniel Newman leaving NWP Head Office for the last time as party leader.

The people spoke in the election, and wanted change from the mediocre leadership of the current coalition. Advancement was made but no parties were willing to work with us, the rightful leaders of the Hutorian government. That is a reflection not on my party's policy but upon myself as its leader, and my performance in government just 5 years ago. I accept full responsibility for this desire to not cooperate with the NWP and so must do what is best for the party. Therefore it is clear I must sacrifice the privilege of being its leader in the hope other parties will be willing to work with the Nationalist Workers Party that doesn't include me. So I announce my resignation as leader, taken full effect immediately. The Nationalist Workers Council have appointed a new leader who shall be announced soon and will have my full support.

Jenifer Gardner Announced as New Leader of the NWP

The Executive Nationalist Workers Council have announced their appointment of Jenifer Gardner to the position of General Secretary of the NWP, making her the first female leader in the party's history. She has announced her intent to make the NWP more cooperative with other parties. More follows

Its an honour to lead the greatest party of our nation. A party with the largest share of the vote and therefore the party with whom the people trust the most. These are things we must live up to and work to build upon in our position of opposition. Only by doing this can we finally pave the way to office and the cabinet table which we rightly should be sat around at this moment.

However this is a fresh start for the party and I hope it is a clean slate in our relations with the minority party of the parliament that have formed a coalition. Let us work together where we can and all work towards a better Hutori.

Postby RileyHP » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 am

PM Calls for Return of Democracy in Davostan

Prime Minister Riley Pettipas issued a press release today urging the Government of Davostan to return democracy to its people.

For Immediate Release:
Prime Minister Pettipas Calls on The Government of Davostan to Revive Democracy
"Davostan, our neighbour, has long been a friend and ally of Hutori. While we did not take a side in the recent civil war, we call on the Government of Davostan to return democracy to its people. The civil war was a brutal two years for the people of Davostan and now they need healing. There needs to be democratic elections so that all Davostanians can have their voices heard. Hutori can not and will not tolerate an oppressive dictatorship anywhere on Terra, especially right on our doorstep. I call on Mr. Reinhardt to do the right thing here."
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 pm

Prime Minister Refuses to Back Down to Reinhardt

After the recent announcement from the Reinhardt regime in Davostan that they would be cutting diplomatic ties with Hutori, Prime Minister Pettipas responded by saying that he would not back down and officially recognizing the National Rebel Forces as the true government of Davostan.

"Hutori will not back down to this oppressive dictatorship, not now, not ever. We stand with the people of Davostan who are not being given free and fair elections, and are persecuted simply for not practicing the faith of the Holy Ordered Church. We will take any action necessary to ensure that true democracy and religious freedom are granted to the people of Davostan and to rid the country of this horrible dictatorship. Hutori recently opened its doors to the National Rebel Forces so that they may set up a government in exile, and today I am proud to announce that Hutori officially recognizes them as the legitimate government of Davostan. And on one final note, I will say that the notion from the NSMC that we had planned to take preemptive military action against them is utterly false, however Hutori will be arming its border in response to recent actions by the NSMC near it."
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Peace Talks Between NSMC and NRF to Take Place In Hutori

News out of the Prime Minister's Office today that peace talks will take place between the National Salvation Military Council and the National Rebel Forces to finally reach an agreement to officially end the Davostan Civil War. While the conflict has been unofficially over for 2 years, no peace agreement was ever reached. In that time Prime Minister Pettipas has been very vocal about his support for a free and fair democracy in Davostan, and tensions between Bekenial and Dictator Reinhardt's regime have risen to the point where both sides have militarized the Hutori-Davostan border. Today's news comes as a relief to many as it seems as though both sides are ready to finally bring the conflict to an end.

HBC reached out to the PMO for a statement, and this is the response we recieved.

"Prime Minister Pettipas and the Government of Hutori believe in the value of democracy and personal freedom. We have been working continuously for the last 2 years to ensure that the people of Davostan are granted those things and to ensure that another devastating civil war never happens. Prime Minister Pettipas received conformation from Chairman Reinhardt that he and his government would come to Hutori and negotiate a peace agreement. We are optimistic about these upcoming negotiations and are looking forward to finding a solution that works for everyone."
RileyHP

PreviousNext

Return to National News