Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Bekenial Dispatch

Postby chamon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:21 am

TOWNSEND BRANDS LIB DEMS "UN-HUTORIAN"

Today in a speech at the Hutorian Conservative Party headquarters in Bekenial, Adelia the Leader of the Opposition and HCP Leader Duke Townsend today called the Liberal Democrats "un-Hutorian". In a speech dominated by issues regarding the Monarchy and the Macon Union the Leader of the Opposition had this to say,

"I cannot belief the sheer....contempt i now have for that crowd that call themselves the Liberal Democrats. They have gone along as Monarchists for so long, never a word spoken out against the King nor a policy on the Monarch in their manifesto but now they have done well at one general election and are so power obsessed they want to remove the King and install one of their own as some sort of "President of Hutori"? The whole think quite frankly sickens me. I believe the Monarch to be the single most important figure in Hutorian politics and i believe the actions of the Liberal Democrats amounts to treason. Quite honestly, we had respected the Lib Dems in terms of their policies to help the poor but there is no justification for this - its simply un-Hutorian and they are now in my eyes a foreign party, more interested in cosying up to Telamon and Davostan in the Macon Union than doing what is right for the Hutorian people! The HCP will always stand for Hutori-first and we will reject the false promises of the Satanic Republicans and the "Optimates". Their continued lies to try and take Hutori into a treaty that suits only themselves is disgraceful. They quite frankly should take a good, hard, long look at themselves and just accept Hutori has left and we will not be returning to their little organisation. The HCP is now ready to mount a successful election campaign against the treasonists and i believe we will overthrow them - arrest them for treason and then execute them for their actions - in the name of the King! All hail the King!"
chamon

Postby chamon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:28 pm

KING ISSUES HISTORIC APOLOGY

Today a statement issued by HRH King Peter I of Hutori, the King has attempted to put all bad blood between Hutori, Hulstria and Luthori. The Kings statement was issued from his residence in the Winter Palace and here are the key points.

It is my sincerest hope that relations between Hutori and Luthori, Hutori and Hulstria can be reconciled. I believe previous Hutorian governments have acted in quite distasteful ways towards the Kings of Hulstria and Luthori respectively. For that i would like to send my sincerest apologies to the governments and Heads-of-States of Hulstria and Luthori. I would also like to take the opportunity to pass on my deepest sympathies to the people of Hulstria and the King of Hulstria for the deerest lost of their Governor-General through illegal means. I hope that we can reconcile our differences with Hulstria and i hope my words have some sort of meaning towards them at such a difficult time for them. Hulstria is possibly one of the greatest Monarchial states on Terra and Hutori - a fellow Monarchy - has realised we should all be on the same side in these times of great difficulty for our political systems. On Luthori i believe once again a separate apology is needed for both their Emperor and governments. I believe once again Hutorian governments have acted in an unacceptable manner towards such a great and historic state. I only hope you can accept such an apology after years of disagreement. I would also like to prove my desire for this change with not just words but with action. I am offering my only daughter HRH Princess Sarah, the Princess of Falristan to the Luthorian Emperors cousin - Prince Lionel of Luthori. I hope this proposed marriage can be accepted and bring our two nations into a new era of friendship that years ago was inconceivable. Thank you.
chamon

Postby chamon » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:42 pm

WINTER PALACE ANNOUNCES ROYAL TOUR

Above : HRH King Peter I of Hutori.

Today the Winter Palace has announced that HRH King Peter I, will be going on a national tour of Hulstria and Trigunia. In his latest attempt to smooth Hutori-Hulstria relations the Hulstrian government has extended an invitation to their state to the Hutorian Monarch. The Winter Palace has announced the tour will commence in February 3155. The Palace has also extended invitations to members of the Hutorian Cabinet to join him on the tour to build relations. The Foreign Affairs Minister and minister for Trade and Industry are thought to be the Monarchs choice of ministers to accompany him on this historic tour.

The King had issued a statement apologizing for the past actions of Hutorian governments towards Hulstria and this tour is the Kings latest attempts to smooth relations between the Hutorian and Hulstrian state.
chamon

Postby chamon » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 pm

ROYAL TOUR A GRAND SUCCESS

The Hutorian Monarch, King Peter I's recent tour of Hulstria and Trigunia has been regarded as an overwhelming success. The King, accompanied by two senior Cabinet ministers; the Foreign Affairs Minister and the Minister for Trade and Industry, have built up relations with the Hulstrian and Trigunian governments. The issue at hand was the warming of relations after years of dispute and the formation of trade and business links with Hutori. There is expected to be some sort of formal agreement to be drafted between Hutori/Hulstria and Hutori/Trigunia to properly formalise this new found agreements.

While on tour King Peter enjoyed meeting the royal families of Hulstria and Trigunia as well as the elected officials. The King and the Hutorian delegation enjoyed many public events organised by the host nations and are believed to have offered the governments of Hulstria and Trigunia the chance of a state visit to Hutori in the future to further build relations.

King Peter I, has also signalled that he wishes to restore relations with Indrala, another historical enemy of Hutori. There has yet to be an official statement from the Winter Palace regarding Indrala but it is widely reported that the King wishes to continue this period of reconciliation with Hutorian enemies extending to the Isle of Indrala.

On a totally separate issue the King has also stated his intention to re-locate his residence to the Capital, Bekenial. In a move to help relationships between King and Parliament the Monarch has announced he will reside in Bekenial for six months of the year with the other six months to be spent in the historical Winter Palace.
chamon

Postby seanrutter » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 am

PM INTERVIEW

Prime Minister Hector James has taken the hot seat again in political hour; as usual Anton Coles will be asking questions on a range of issues. On this weeks agenda we have; Foreign Affairs, co-operation in Parliament, and Voter apathy.

AC: "Welcome to this week's political hour, I am delighted to have the Prime Minister here to answer questions, and following the success of last week's interview with the former Mayor of Bekenial, we will also take some questions from listeners. So Prime Minister, what are your feelings on the recent Royal Tour?"

HJ: "I am naturally grateful for the King's efforts in Hulstria and Trigunia. It is only right that he be an ambassador for Hutori, and I think that the fact that he is our King makes his visit all the more significant. The Foreign Minister and Trade Minister also did a fantastic job promoting Hutorian interests, and assisting the King in his efforts."

AC: "Did you suggest the marriage offer to the Prince of Luthori?"

HJ: "That's is a matter for the Winter Palace. I have no input into the personal affairs of the Royal Family. I would say that it is my hope that Princess Sarah is fully satisfied with any arrangement, as I think it would be completely wrong for the King to offer her hand if she were not."

AC: "Back to foreign affairs, it seems that the HCP believe that there is a choice to be made on where our alliances should lie. They advocate closer relations with monarchist nations, where as others favour a return to the Macon Pact. What do you support?"

HJ: "I really don't see this as a one or the other. I favour better relations with our neighbours, as well as engaging with friends across terra. The only event that could really disrupt this is war. Let me tell you now, I will not allow Hutori to be dragged into another conflict, whatever other nations decide to do is one thing, but we will not be joining in at this time.”

AC: “That sounds like you almost expect a war to break out soon?”

HJ: “War seems to be an inevitable evil. It only takes a few hostile words and actions to lead to a full scale war.”

AC: “Moving on from conflict, let’s talk about co-operation, more specifically, co-operation in Parliament. Recently it seems that there is more cross-party consensus, what is the reason for this?”

HJ: “People are fed up of seeing MPs squabbling like children. If we can agree on something we shouldn’t oppose it for the sake of it, just because the opposition proposed it, it doesn’t mean we need to vote it down. There are many, many things that I disagree with in Opposition policies, and even within the coalition. What we need to do is find a compromise that suits all of us.”

AC: “Do you see this tranquillity lasting?”

HJ: “As with any relationship, it is dependent on all parties. I can say that the Liberal Democrats are committed to a more efficient, and a friendlier Parliament. What my counterparts think is another matter entirely.”

AC: “The last election was another where turnout was to be fair, pretty abysmal. What can be done to revive interest in politics?”

HJ: “This is very important to me; I cannot describe my sadness when we heard that the last election was another miserable turnout. I think all MPs need to work harder. One thing that the Liberal Democrats are hoping to propose this Parliament is the election of Mayors. I think that there is a massive connection between cities and towns, and their Mayors. This connection could only be strengthened by making them accountable to their people. Clearly there needs to be further work on the issue of voter turnout, and I am in the process of setting up a Parliamentary Committee on this.

AC: “Thank you Prime Minister, now we have a couple of listeners questions for you, first up I believe we have call from a John in Bekenial? John, what would you like to ask the Prime Minister?”

John (Listener): “Thank you, Prime Minister, do you not think that it is time to stop disciplining children in schools, is it really up to the state to decide when a child needs punishing?”

HJ: “Hi John, discipline in schools is a difficult issue. We have made it clear that we do not support any form of corporal punishment in schools. One of the policies that we will be proposing this Parliament is to stop schools dishing out punishments so that parents are responsible for punishing children who misbehave. I suspect that this will not be accepted by other parties in Parliament, but we will propose it nevertheless to demonstrate our commitment to giving responsibility to individuals.”

AC: “We’ve had an email from Maria in south Bekenial, ‘Recently, I was able to marry my same-sex partner of 15 years thanks to the recent law change. My question is, how can we be sure that if the HCP won the next election we wouldn’t lose our married status, and what about others who have waited so long for this law to change?’”

HJ: “Congratulations on your marriage first of all! I need to stress my commitment to this cause, it is frankly wrong for any government to tell people that their relationship is less valid than anyone else’s based on gender. I know that if the HCP were to win an election tomorrow, they would not hesitate in repealing this law, and sadly that is the case for our coalition partners. I am appalled that each time we propose legalising same-sex relationships, this is voted down. We are a modern nation and we simply must acknowledge the fact that homosexuality is not an issue we can ignore, and they have as much right as anyone else to be happy. We have a very peculiar system in place now, whereby same-sex couples are allowed to get married, but their sexual relations are illegal. Sadly it seems likely that this will be overturned very soon. I will work with the courts to find a suitable settlement on the legality of the marriages, and hopefully we will get an agreement allowing existing marriages to be recognised.”

AC: “Ok, I think that’s all we have time for today, I would like to thank the Prime Minister for his time, and thank you for listening. Tune in next week where we will have another guest in the hot seat to face questions.”
seanrutter

Postby chamon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm

DUKE TOWNSEND GIVES RADIO INTERVIEW

Welcome back to Bekenial District Radio and it is now time for our weekly segment on Hutorian politics, our political hour.

After last week we brought you the Prime Minister, we now bring you what many Hutorians consider to be the Prime Ministers closest challenger - the Leader of the Hutorian Conservative Party - Duke Jake Townsend. As per usual we have the more than experienced Anton Coles asking the questions and i am sure there is plenty up for discussion. So over to the questions,

AC : Thank You. Firstly welcome Duke Townsend i would just like to start by talking about your party and position. Having presided over one of the worst spells in HCP history are you secure in your position? Also, would it be safe to presume the HCP have simply...lost touch with the electorate?

DT : Well, it is nice to be back on the program and to answer your question, i do believe that all parties have lost touch. Looking at voter turnout over the past..what? Twenty-five years the turnout has been very low. Obviously the HCP is not polling as we would expect and i believe we need to get out on the streets and re-connect with the people. As for my position? Well i will continue to go on, but the mechanisms remain in the HCP for any MP to mount a Leadership challenge if they think they can do a better job. I have yet to see any challenger emerge so obviously the party members are still happy with my performance as Leader.

AC : I would like to move on to an issue that has seen all parties pleased. The recent work of our King, King Peter I, his recent tour of the Trigunia and Hulstria and he is basically responsible - single handedly - for the re-emergence of Hutori on to the international stage.

DT : Yes, i am astounded by the work of the King. He deserves all the credit that is being thrown his way. I would also just like to say that the Hutorian Conservatives are busy as always in the International Monarchist League to aid the King in his attempts to bring us back on to the International stage. Officially the King is not recognised as a "legitimate" Monarch. However we hope that this ruling will soon be overturned and he will soon have the total approval of all other Monarch's on Terra.

AC : Any further developments on the possibility of a Royal Wedding? We have heard whispers.

DT : Well, it is totally an issue for the Winter Palace to decide on and i couldn't possibly comment any further.

AC : All right. Moving towards some domestic issues, we have recently seen the legalisation of drugs. The HCP voted against, but the Act went through. What do you think will happen regarding the passage of this Bill?

DT : Obviously the HCP voted against! The state should not be encouraging people to go out and take drugs. It is totally immoral and any civilised society should have a zero-tolerance approach towards drugs. I think the government will soon see the effects through increased crime, social disorder and a voter backlash as the majority feel the effects of my first two points.

AC : Finally, i have a question regarding unpleasentries with Telamon. We have seen articles published in the Telamon News about the HCP's - lets say... distasteful history. It also appears war could be on the horizon. What is the latest on the whole situation.

DT : Well to be honest Anton, im not going to be lectured on party histories from a bunch of Shuzzag-Khan worshipers. As for war? Well to be honest there are no Hutorian motives for going to war with Telamon. There is nothing to gain from our side and i think it is just Telamonese paranoia because we withdrew from the Macon Pact. I am sure they will be even more bitter now that Davostan is also withdrawing from the Macon Pact as well. However, i can assure the Hutorian people that war with Telamon is not going to happen and the HCP will strive to ensure peaceful relations between our two states.

AC : Well Duke Townsend, i thank you for your answers and joining us today. We shall now return to this afternoons music with a new upbeat number from one of Hutori's most popular Acts.

chamon

Postby seanrutter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 pm

PM WALKS OUT OF DEBATE

In an unprecidented incident today, the Prime Minister left a Parliamentary session during a debate on homosexuality. The HCP leader had been putting forward his views on homosexuality, and these views visually disturbed the PM. Later, the Prime Minister made a statement outside his official residence in Bekenial.
Today I find myself in a terrible position. I have been charged with defending my beliefs, and the beliefs of many Hutorians. I am not afraid to stand up to the leader of the HCP, nor will I shy away from future debate, but I simply could not listen to his fascist, religous brainwashed nonsense anymore today. I sincerely hope that others in Parliament will think upon what they heard today, and take in what I have said. I think it is wrong to tell people what they need to believe, and I assure you, that while I am Prime Minister, the Government will not be hunting down people to tell them they should not be gay.
I am hopeful that other Hutorian parties will not follow the HCP, and will allow people to make their own decisions, because that is what is right! Thank you.

Following the statement the Prime Minister was bombarded by questions, but he did not answer any and went back inside his home. Already there is speculation that this issue could split the coaltion, and if that happens we will find ourselves in a situation where the Government effectively resigns. What will happen next is uncertain, perhaps the Prime Minister will call a snap election?
seanrutter

Postby TheMrMatt8 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 pm

LEADER OF PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE PARTY INTERVIEW

Today our journalist Anton Coles has with him the leader of PCP, Hon Winston Hadley, and it's first interview in our program.

AC:Welcome to this week's political hour, today we have with us the Hon WInston Hadley that has just left the parliament after a really intensive work day, so Mr Hadley can you explain us what happened in parliament today?

WH: Good evening to everyone and i want to say i'm glad to be here with you it's a such honor to me. Anyway today after a strong debate about the tradition values bill proposed by HCP, our party voted "NO" on a new cabinet with the LD.

AC: Why your party took this hard decision so suddenly?

WH: Actually it wasn't a sudden decision, because lately we haven't voted so many bills proposed by LD, and we think they are going too far with the fact of rights of people, because we don't want to discriminate anyone but LD needs to know that exist a moral law and everyone has to respect that.

AC: So, Your party is against homosexual relations?

WH: We aren't against homosexual relations because we voted YES on the propose of allowing the homosexuality in military and we think everyone has to have the same opportunity no matter what they believe in or what party they support, but wedding and especially the adoption for homosexual couples it's too far even for us, it isn't a fascist thing and we explained well during our debate about the adoption for all couples.

AC: Did your party break up with LB only because you don't support the homosexuality reform?

WH: No, Actually we haven't liked the last bills that LB presented lately and we voted NO, We got so mad about the liberation of drugs, we think that's so unacceptable in our country and it is going to increase the crime, we haven't liked all these bills against religions and we thing that's a fascist thing that people can't decide if they want to go in a religion school or not, we think religions have to stay away from politics and they have to pay the tax like everyone but almost ban the religions it's incredible, and i'm not exaggerating because that's the task of LB, we haven't liked that the LB didn't support the bill of HCP for giving more money to parks and other bills.

AC: What is going to happen now then?

WH: We have proposed to take early elections and if the bill pass there will be new elections and we will see what people will decide.

AC: What's the future of PCP after the elections?

WH: I think it's almost impossible having a new coalition with the LD for the new legislature, we will see the condition for forming a cabinet with the HCP and we will present them our requests if it accepts those we will have a cabinet with them or else we will go alone and we will vote the bills that we believe are better for the country. I can assure the people that we will always stand for the principles that we have always had especially the public health that we will defend that with all our force.

AC: Okay, we will see what is going to happen then. Thank you so much for your interview Mr Hadley and thank you for listening.
TheMrMatt8

Postby chamon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:29 pm

CONTROVERSIAL GAY RIGHTS BILL PASSES!

The Hutorian Conservative Party has celebrated the passage of the Traditional Values Act of 3158 (http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=324595). The Bill essentially removes the rights of homosexuals in Hutori. Many conservative Hutorians celebrated what they seen as a return to the traditional lifestyle whilst gay rights activists were left devastated. Hutorian Monarch, King Peter I, signed the Bill into law and it has come into effect.
chamon

Postby chamon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:52 pm

THE KING IS DEAD!

Today the Winter Palace announced the passing of the King of Hutori, King Peter I. His son HRH Prince William of Glentingham shall become the new King of Hutori. While Peter I of Hutori has two children, Prince William receives the crown due to the fact he is male. Peter I of Hutori will go down as one of the greatest Monarchs in Hutorian history. His historic reconciliation with Hulstria, Luthori, Trigunia and Indrala - ending years of bad relations between Hutori and those respective nations was a testament to his diplomatic skill and his desire to drive Hutori back to the position it deserves - amongst the worlds elite.

King Peter I, will be dearly missed. He is undoubtedly one of Hutori's greatest Kings. The King is dead, long live the new King - King William I.
chamon

PreviousNext

Return to National News