Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Postby RileyHP » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:48 pm

PM Strikes Deal With NSMC

Prime Minister Riley Pettipas has reached a deal with National Salvation Military Council Chairman August Reinhardt to restore relations between Bekenial and Kivonia. The Prime Minister said he was happy to finally reach an agreement and was pleasantly surprised by Chairman Reinhardt's willingness to negotiate. He was however disappointed by the representatives from the National Rebel Forces who were seemingly unwilling to budge on almost anything. Because of that, PM Pettipas told the RoD that their government in exile must cease all operations on Hutorian soil effective immediately. The full details of the agreement between Bekenial and Kivonia are as follows:

1. The NSMC and HOC enshrine religious freedom in the constitution.

2. The NSMC and HOC remove the need for the dictator's approval for a political party to be created and the requirement that they be a part of the NSMC or HOC.

3. The NSMC and HOC allow Hutori to send observers to the next 3 general elections in Kivonia to ensure their legitimacy.

Hutori has agreed to officially recognize Chairman Reinhardt as the Dictator and legitimate Head of State of Kivonia and both sides agreed to work towards reopening their diplomatic and economic relationship.

Prime Minister Pettipas sits down with HBC for an interview.

"I've spoken with my colleagues in cabinet and we are pleased with the agreement that has been reached. We have ensured political and religious freedom for the people of Kivonia and have created a strong working relationship with Chairman Reinhardt. Hutori and Kivonia must have a strong partnership and we look forward to rebuilding our relationship with our neighbours."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:36 am

Leader of the National Progress Party denounce ''cruel ,inhumane and irresponsible policies''

The leader of the National Progress Party, Lucas Douglas, release a press statemen denoucing recent passed bills that he claim to be ''cruel inhumane and irresponsible policies''.

''I am extremely concern with the recent passage of many bills that me and my party consider to be extremely irresponsible. For a little while now, a small faction of radical right-wing libertarian in parliament have use the inabilty of Nationalist Workers Party to vote on any law whatsoever to pass extreme legisltation to disable some of the most crucial par tof our governement. This was obviously done despite the fact that these policies receive nearly no support whatsoever form the general population.

Let's start with the basics, the dissolution of the hutorian national bank. In all hutorian history, I do not think that we have ever saw such a bad economic decision taken without any kind of justificaiton or explanation for it. Our central bank was an extremely important part of our economy that gave to the hutorian governement the ability to maneuver the hutorian economy way more easily and now, it is gone and no one knows why. The economic repurcussion of such decision could be immense over the next few years, but that doesn't seems to bother our new radical capitalist coaltion'' more than that.

Secondly, the complet dismantlement of two of our most important social program; the subsidises of the cost of pharmaceutical drugs for people on low incomes and the guarantee of minimum income system. This is nothing more than a vile and inexplicable attack on the most vulnarable members of our society! Without any kind of warning, we put the incridible weight of the their own medical expense in the hand of the some of the most infortunate members of our nation. Not to mention that our new pharmaceutical system doesn't have any kind of regulation, which mean that that private pharmaceutical compagny are now free to charge whatever price they want.

Finally, we have to mention to complete destruction of our most important environmental regulation by the recently passed ''RPH Bill 07 - Environment Act''. As a former minister of Environnement myself, I am utterly ashame of this parliament lack of interest in protecting our environnement for futur generation and its lack of long term vision. I said it before and I will say it again; a society that cannot solve the problem that its own existence create is a society that isn't worth existing. It is our duty to ensure that futur generations have a decent world to live in and right now, we are failing that duty.''

(Lucas Douglas doing his press conference)

When ask about his opinion of the fact that most of the bill he has referred were supported by a meber of his own coalition, the Conservative Party of Hutori, Mr. Douglas made this statement:

'' We are not blind to the fact that most of these outrageous bill were pass mainly because of the complicity of the Conservative Party of Hutori. We have been extremely disapointed by their attitude lately. If the CPH is unable to make some concession about the repealing of these newly approve policies it is very well possible that the National Progress Pary will remove itself from this governement entirely''
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby RileyHP » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Pettipas Unshaken by NPP Leader's Comments

Prime Minister Pettipas and his Conservative Party came under fire recently from one of his own coalition members, NPP leader Lucas Douglas. Douglas attacked the Tories for allowing multiple bills put forward by smaller parties to pass through parliament. Pettipas admitted that dissolving the Bank of Hutori wasn't his favourite decision hes had to make as Prime Minister, but he said it was necessary due to it being extremely vulnerable to political interference. Earlier today, the Conservatives introduced Bill C-30: Bank of Hutori Act, 4607 which will reinstate the Bank of Hutori, but with provisions to insure its freedom from political influence.

"We simply cannot have politicians playing partisan political games with our central bank. Because of the bill rammed through parliament by the NPP and NWP in 4605, the Bank of Hutori had become extremely vulnerable to political influence so we felt that we had no choice but to dissolve the bank entirely and start from scratch. When Bill C-30 is passed, Hutorians will once again be able to have faith in their central bank."
~ Rt. Hon. Riley Pettipas

Pettipas says he is disappointed that the NPP would threaten to leave the coalition, but also says he is ready to shuffle the cabinet if they do.

"I am ready to make the necessary changes to cabinet should the NPP decide to leave. However, our coalition has done great work over the last decade and I hope that the NPP will at the very least see out this mandate with us."
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:51 am

PM RESIGNS

Prime Minister Riley Pettipas held a press conference this morning to officially announce his resignation as Prime Minister.

"For the last 12 years, I have had the privilege of serving Hutori as your Prime Minister. After the latest elections, it has been made clear to me that Hutorians want a change. That is why this morning I visited the King to inform him that I am resigning as Prime Minister effective immediately. I will also be resigning as leader of the Conservative Party as soon as a new leader can be chosen. I want to thank the Conservative Party for putting their faith in me over the years, it has truly been an honor to lead this party, and this country."
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Amber Bokota become Prime Minister

New governement is formed. The National Progress Party, the United Hutori Party and the Republican Party of Hutori have join together to form the fourteenth of the Commonwealth of Hutori. This new governement shall be chaired by the new Prime Minister, Amber Bokota, the 37 years old heir of the very well known Bokota family. If this cabinet alliance seems a bit odd considering the large difference of opinion within the coalition members, officials from the newly formed governement have assured us that ''all parties of the new coalition are perfectly capable of puting their difference aside in order to work for the best intesrest of the nation''. After her inauguration, the new Prime Minister took some time to adress the press, here some of what she had to say:

''It is a honor for me to become the tenth Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Hutori and I would like to thank the hutorian people for giving me the opportunity to serve them as the Head of Governement. This mandate shall be crucial for the hutorian people. Some of our most crucial governemental institutions have been crippled if not completly detroyed over the last couple of years and we have duty to restore everything that was lost. Creating a more humane hutori shall be the motto of this governement.''
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby RileyHP » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:27 pm

Manning Elected Leader of the Conservative Party

Eugene Manning celebrates as it is announced that he has been elected leader of the Conservative Party

Isle of Sutton Eastern Shore MP Eugene Manning made history in October becoming the first person from the Isle of Sutton to ever be elected leader of the Conservative Party. Manning, who has been elected to parliament 4 consecutive times now takes on the role of Leader of the Official Opposition. Many expect a big change in the Conservative Party after so many years in government, though Manning says he is proud of the Conservatives' record and believes that the last election result was just simply due to voter fatigue, and the natural human desire to want change.

"Our party has has a proud record of ensuring Hutorians at home get can ahead, while also being strong representatives of our country abroad. We completely understand the human desire to want change, and Hutorians showed us at the polls last time that we hadn't brought the change they were looking for. It is an absolute honour to lead this party and I am excited to get to work so that we can return to government in 3 years!"
RileyHP

Postby existentialjesus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:11 pm

The birth of a new government; the Honorable Prime Minister Campbell

Weeks following the election, the party leaders of the Conservative Party, the Reform Party, and the Republican Party release a statement outside the Central Ranch - a property owned for centuries by the Campbell family which is now used for Reform conferences and as a 'PMO away from the PMO'.

A new coalition is born - the Hutori Alliance - bound by conservative and right-wing values. John R. Campbell, leader of the Reform Party, is now Prime Minister with their backing.

"Today marks a new era for Hutori. An era of reason, morality, and good governance. May the sun never set on the movement that starts today."
existentialjesus

Postby Temu » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:04 am

President Allen to Retire at next Election

Pauline Allen in 4575, while serving as MP for Harvey Bay and Leader of the Royalist Party

President Pauline Allen will end her 52 year political career at the election in October. Ms Allen has announced her retirement at a press conference, stating that she would not contest the next election and would retire from politics for good. Ms Allen has had a long and colourful career in Hutorian politics, first being elected to parliament in 4564. Since then, Ms Allen went on to lead both the Royalist & Liberal parties as leader, achieving widespread support throughout her tenures. Ms Allen was known for her fiery populist brand, sparring many times with parties such as the NSF, and her strong representation of rural/regional issues. In more recent years, Ms Allen was elected President in 4601, and has held the office for the past 15 years. Ms Allen has been widely viewed as a source of stability, providing a neutralising force to Presidential elections, keeping extremists from both the left and right out of office.

Many speculated Ms Allens retirement for the past few years, citing her age. However age never seemed to stop Ms Allen. Onto the future Ms Allen stated
I intend to provide advice for future political leaders of Hutori, regardless of political affiliation. I love my country and will always do what is best for our nation. I look forward to spending more time with my family too, I've spent so much of my life fighting, its time to rest

With the end of the Allen era , the next election will be closely watched as to who will take the reigns over the Presidency
Temu

Postby RileyHP » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:28 am

Manning Given Second Term

Conservative Leader Eugene Manning was re-elected as President earlier this month in a decisive second round victory over National Progress Candidate, and former President Lucas Douglas. Manning says he would be happy to work with the Liberal Party to form a coalition government in Parliament. The Conservatives were returned to Bekenial with Parliament's largest caucus for the second consecutive term, though they sat in opposition last term after failing to strike a deal with the Liberal Party in 4619.

The Tories found success this election by focusing on the Prime Minister's record, namely her being yet another Prime Minister to ignore the aging naval fleet, something President Manning has said he will make a priority should his party be able to form a governing coalition.

President to Make Official Visit to Luthori

One thing Conservatives used against the government of Prime Minister Amber Bokota last election was her failure to move forward on the foreign affairs file. Just weeks after being re-elected as President, Manning seems to be putting his money where his mouth is. Next month he will be headed to Fort William, Luthori to meet with Pope Brandon I on a state visit. The President has yet to announce what this meeting will entail, though it could serve as a key point in revitalizing Hutori-Luthori relations.
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:28 am

Manning Given Second Term

Conservative Leader Eugene Manning was re-elected as President earlier this month in a decisive second round victory over National Progress Candidate, and former President Lucas Douglas. Manning says he would be happy to work with the Liberal Party to form a coalition government in Parliament. The Conservatives were returned to Bekenial with Parliament's largest caucus for the second consecutive term, though they sat in opposition last term after failing to strike a deal with the Liberal Party in 4619.

The Tories found success this election by focusing on the Prime Minister's record, namely her being yet another Prime Minister to ignore the aging naval fleet, something President Manning has said he will make a priority should his party be able to form a governing coalition.

President to Make Official Visit to Luthori

One thing Conservatives used against the government of Prime Minister Amber Bokota last election was her failure to move forward on the foreign affairs file. Just weeks after being re-elected as President, Manning seems to be putting his money where his mouth is. Next month he will be headed to Fort William, Luthori to meet with Pope Brandon I on a state visit. The President has yet to announce what this meeting will entail, though it could serve as a key point in revitalizing Hutori-Luthori relations.
RileyHP

PreviousNext

Return to National News