Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Re: The Bekenial Dispatch

Postby Angelo36 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Annual Party Conference

Christopher Tarrow gave a rallying speech at the Party's second annual Conference in the lead up to the elections. Talking about uniting the nation and bringing in a wave of reform, Tarrow called upon to voters to truly consider their choices. Considering how the Progressive Party won a massive landslide on their first election in Rutania, the HNLP seems set to follow as Party popularity rapidly increases and Tarrow finishes a nation-wide tour.
Angelo36

Postby RileyHP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:05 am

LEBLANC FIRST TORY TO BE ELECTED PRESIDENT

41 years after the introduction of the Queen's elected representative in Hutori, the President, the Conservative Party candidate has won for the first time. After finance minister Pascale Rousseau lost by less than three percent of the popular vote in 4372, the Tories finally broke through this time around. Maxime Leblanc has served as the MP for South Anslem since 4361 and will now serve as President of the Commonwealth of Hutori. Leblanc first gained popularity when he challenged Aaron Scheer for the Conservative leadership in 4365. He was elected as the Conservative Presidential candidate last year after running a campaign on the basic policies of conservatism. These policies proved popular with all of Hutori, as he closed the three percent gap from the last election, and won by more than seven percent of the popular vote. Leblanc spoke to a large crowd of supporters shortly after news broke of his election.

"Thank you everybody. Tonight, we are making history. 4 years ago, Hutorians elected my dear friend Aaron Scheer to be the first Conservative Chancellor. Tonight, you have elected the first Conservative President. It is my honor to serve the people of Hutori as your president. I have served the people of South Anslem as their MP for the last 15 years, and I decided that it was time I represented all Hutorians. Members of the Conservative party joined my movement and elected me as their candidate for the presidency. Now tonight, Hutorians have elected me to be their President and I thank you. I look forward to working with the chancellor and the cabinet to continue the work that has been done over the last 4 years by the coalition led by Chancellor Scheer."
RileyHP

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Global RP Team Economist in Chief

Director of the Zardic Institute of International Studies
colonelvesica

Adelia Fibre Project Begins Installation

Postby TheCollectivist » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:01 pm

May 4379

Image: An image illustrating the capacity of optical fibre cables
as compared to current copper cables.

The Adelia Fibre Project, an $8.9 billion HLR infrastructure project funded by the Ataraxians was approved by the Hutorian government back in July 4378. The project's goal is to install fibre to the premises (FTTP) to all remaining households in Adelia (approximately 4,602,307). The Ataraxians have spent a total of $14.9 billion (including this project) on FTTP installation in Adelia, with this project representing the final step in total FTTP adoption in the region. Adelia will become the first province in Hutori to fully utilize optical fibre cables. The infrastructure will be able to provide consumers with 1 Gbit/s connections.

Pete Thompsett, the incumbent Ataraxian ambassador and AINF (Ataraxian Information Association) coordinator claims the project will have a profound impact on telecommunications and the information technology sector in Adelia.

Pete Thompsett wrote:Imagine being able to download the entire contents of a 1 TB hard disk in no more than 20 minutes or an HD movie in less than 1. The possibilities this project has for cloud computing, especially cloud backup services is truly remarkable. Every area of the information sector will benefit from this project. Consumers and content providers alike will absolutely love this. The Hutorian government has demonstrated its confidence in the Ataraxian Confederation to assist in mutual technological advancement. May this project serve as a reminder of that mutual relationship and the great potential it has to make a better future for all Adelians.

Installation of FTTP has begun this month and is expected to be completed sometime in 4387.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby RileyHP » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:43 am

Hutorian President Responds To Soiled Flag Being Sent To Emperor Alexander I

Following an incident where Shah Kurosh of Aldegar sent a soiled Hutorian Flag to Emporer Alexander I, Hutorian President Maxime Leblanc has released an official statement.

"I am extremely disappointed in Shah Kurosh. Emperor Alexander I has a very legitimate claim to the Aldegarian throne, as he does the Hutorian throne. Emperor Alexander's great uncle, and Empress Sarah's brother, Grand Duke Thomas was Shah of Aldegar, since Shah Thomas had no children, the next heir to the Aldegarian throne would be Emperor Alexander. It is Hutori's belief that Emperor Alexander is the rightful Shah of Aldegar.

Soiling a Hutorian flag is something this country does not take lightly. I will take this opportunity to call on Shah Kurosh to step down and allow Emperor Alexander to take his rightful place as Shah of Aldegar. If Shah Kurosh does not step down we will have no choice but to take action to ensure Emperor Alexander can claim his rightful place as Shah of Aldegar."
RileyHP

Postby EdmundS » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 am

EdmundS

Postby RileyHP » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:33 am

PRESIDENT WISHES OLYMPIANS GOOD LUCK

"On behalf of all Hutorians, I wish all 156 athletes representing our nation the best of luck at the Summer Olympics in Nowogard, Valruzia. I know they will do great and make our country proud."
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Hutorian President Issues Ultimatum to Shah Kurosh

After more than a year since President Leblanc issued a threat that if Shah Kurosh did not step down as Shah of Aldegar and allow Emperor Alexander I of House Steuart Charmichael to take the throne, Hutori would take action, he has now issued an ultimatum to the man many are calling a "Pretender-Shah".

"We have waited long enough. We said that if Shah Kurosh did not step down, we would take action. The Hutorian Armed Forces are now preparing. I give Kurosh 1 year. If he does not step down by November 4381, we will take strong and swift military action to ensure that Emperor Alexander claims the throne that is rightfully his."
RileyHP

Postby Zanz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:37 pm

RileyHP wrote:Hutorian President Issues Ultimatum to Shah Kurosh

After more than a year since President Leblanc issued a threat that if Shah Kurosh did not step down as Shah of Aldegar and allow Emperor Alexander I of House Steuart Charmichael to take the throne, Hutori would take action, he has now issued an ultimatum to the man many are calling a "Pretender-Shah".

"We have waited long enough. We said that if Shah Kurosh did not step down, we would take action. The Hutorian Armed Forces are now preparing. I give Kurosh 1 year. If he does not step down by November 4381, we will take strong and swift military action to ensure that Emperor Alexander claims the throne that is rightfully his."

OOC: Note that I've not got the time nor the interest to engage in a war RP, and the clarification that I've received regarding Alexander's claim to the throne of Aldegar is that a great uncle (...?) of Alexander's married the reigning Shahbanu (queen) of Aldegar long ago. That great uncle died, and so now Alexander's claiming this throne. That's hardly a strong link at all, and it's one that I imagine any reasonable international order would scoff at a nation taking action over. I can see Alexander "claiming" the title (though I think even that's rich, since Richard was only ever Shah-Consort), but I really can't see Hutori taking action on it. Either way, let's limit this to a diplomatic incident, no war.
Official Troll King since 8/14/2013.
Zanz

Postby Masionette9 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:38 pm

VINCIGUERRA: ANY ATTACK ON ALDEGAR WILL BE CONSIDERED AS AN ATTACK ON THE SELEYAN UNION AND THEREFORE, AN ATTACK ON VALRUZIA
Nowogard, November 4380

Valruzian Minister for Foreign Affairs Izabella Vinciguerra.

NOWOGARD - Valruzian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Izabela Vinciguerra, has decided to, for the first time, unveil the position of the Republic of Valruzia in the Aldegarian throne crisis, and announced that Valruzia will not tolerate any form of ultimatums on any Member State of the Seleyan Union. Vinciguerra, who is a well-known supporter of the Seleyan integration, said that Aldegar can count for support of the Republic of Valruzia and the Seleyan Union, of which Aldegar is a rightful Member State. Valruzian Minister publically condemned the Hutori for military threats made against Aldegar and announced that together with Ministry of National Defense of the Republic, Ministry for Foreign Affairs has decided to send a joint delegation to Aldegaria in order to express the support and discuss all scenarios, even those involving an active military defense. The crisis in Aldegar has coincided in time with the plans of Nowogard to establish a multinational corps of the Seleyan Union, which would be the formal execution of the Article 7 of the Treaty on the Seleyan Union, which according to the Treaty is not only an economic Union but a defensive one as well. Initially, Nowogard wanted to include only four countries in the Multinational Corps - Seleya North, but in the light of recent events Nowogard might broaden the proposal and propose joining to the MC-SN to the Government in Aldegaria. Vinciguerra also said that the threats of Hutori are truly regrettable and that the decision should lie within hands of the People of Aldegar. Minister Vinciguerra said that she understands the claim of Alexander I to the Aldegarian throne, but said that any form of military attack and threats made against Aldegar, puts Hutori in the hostile position, and that by endangering Aldegar, it forces other Member States of the SU to act.

It is the first time that the Republic of Valruzia officially takes any position in the crisis on the line Aldegaria - Bekenial. But apparently, the military threats made against Aldegar worked as a catalyst and encouraged Nowogard to move forward and defend Aldegar. Valruzia which for the last one and a half decade was the biggest and most active advocate of the Seleyan integration has proposed multiple solutions to secure the Seleyan Union from external threats like this, but due to the little interest from the other Member States, the Union was largely limited to the economic cooperation. This crisis may act as a catalyst and convince the other Member States that in order for the Seleya to be treated seriously it needs to be something more than just an economic union. In her statement, Vinciguerra promised that Aldegar will not be left alone with its struggle and that in any case of any military attack against Aldegar, Valruzia would defend Aldegar as this attack would be considered as an attack against Seleyan Union, therefore as an attack on the Republic of Valruzia. Vinciguerra announced that Valruzia will not stand down on this issue and will use this situation as a chance to show that the Seleyan Union should be treated with respect and unlike "the failed Artanian Union" The Member States of the Seleyan Union can and will defend themselves. According to Vinciguerra, the government of other nations seems to forget that Seleyan Union is a powerful and fully functioning community which next to economic cooperation, also includes the collective self-defense. The aforementioned Article 7 says that the Member States shall establish a collective defensive force in order to defend the Union as a whole, and that is what Vinciguerra is trying to improve. By establishing the Multinational Corps, Valruzia wants to create a rapid response unit in order to protect the Union from external threats.
Liberal Party (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive

FORMER
Continental RP Coordinator for Seleya
IO (Seleya) RP Master:
Seleyan Union, NSEC, CoS and Gloria Iustitia
Masionette9

PreviousNext

Return to International News