Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutorian Broadcasting Corporation

Postby LegolasRedbard » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:07 am

HENRY CARR RESIGNS

Henry Carr, pictured at the 4509

The first cracks in the People's Democratic Party began to show last night, as Deputy Leader Henry Carr handed in his resignation to the party's National Board late last night, in protest of his own party's proposal for education. Carr, a lifelong opponent of selective schooling, allegedly privately attempted to organise an inter-party attempt to derail Education Secretary James Patten's proposals, before resigning over the matter. There is speculation that Carr resigned to pre-empt a vote of no confidence in himself by the parliamentary PDP, who, under rules agreed at the 4509 Party Conference, could remove him if 20% vote in favour, which in the current parliament would only be 2 MPs. Carr's resignation shows the potential problems that could be faced by a party that tries to strike the balance between left and right. A new Deputy Leader will be chosen at Conference in October, with the current favorite to be elected to be Finance Spokesman James Campbell

James Campbell, the current favourite to succeed Henry Carr
LegolasRedbard

Postby RileyHP » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Houston Announces Presidential Run as Tories Descend on Port Prosperity

Tory Leader Zachary Houston gives his keynote address to delegates

Conservative Party members from across Hutori recently descended on Port Prosperity for the party's first policy convention in three decades. Longtime Tory leader Zachary Houston, who currently serves as the Minister of Foreign Affairs in the Federalist-led cabinet, gave an impassioned speech where he applauded his party's accomplishments and gave individual shoutouts to the leaders of his party's allies.

"20 years ago, our party was in a rough spot. We went from being on top of Hutorian politics, to having not a single seat in a matter of a couple of years. However, over the last 2 decades, thanks to the hard work of people like you, we have rebuilt this party and are once again in government for a second consecutive term.

Thanks to our amazing Conservative team, we have passed a new tax plan which gives all Hutorians a tax break and eliminates the corporate tax, making Hutori a more competitive market and it will create more jobs. We have also proposed a budget which is about to pass which cuts back wasteful spending. Finally, we have created the Imperial Commonwealth Organization Treaty, which will allow us to unite the Imperial Commonwealth and expand our influence across Terra.

I must take a moment to thank a few people who have been great allies to us over the last few years. Those people are Prime Minister Weatherly and the Federalist Party, Eric Woodbury and the Royalist Party, Aaron Clark and the Liberal Party and finally Zack Bernier and the People's Party. Without these key allies in parliament, these accomplishments would not have happened. I thank them all for working across party lines to help make Hutori a better place.

Moving forward, we look to build upon the stronger Hutori we have built. We will continue to reduce the burden on taxpayers by cutting back spending and lowering your taxes. We will keep Hutori a competitive market for companies and create more good paying jobs for the people!

Before I finish, I do have one final announcement. 72 years ago, the last Conservative to hold the office of President, which at the time was called First Minister, Dylan Jourdain left office. Don't you all think it is high time we sent a Conservative back there? I hereby announce that I am running for President in 4429! I hope I can count on all of your support.

Thank you all for coming, and God bless you!"
RileyHP

Postby Ruinfan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 am

Hutori Alliance is back? NEW NAME?

The Hutori Alliance Is back and they did a major makeouver first starting with a change of name National Alliance Party and they completely changed their views they are now very nationalist compared to what they were before, their new leader Pierre Laporte states that the party was too old it wasn't getting anymore attention and that it needed to focus more on what Hutorians need rather then what others want for them, he states that corporations should be controlled by the governemnt

National Alliance Party
Ruinfan

Postby Conser » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 am

President Bokota form unusual cabinet coalition

Earlier this month, President Bokota announced his new cabinet composed of member from the National Progess Party, the National Alliance Party and ,suprisingly, the People's Party of Hutori. This announcement suprise many people as the PPH and the NPP are known for having very different ideologie. One is a very left-wing progressive party while this other one is self describe as a ''Conservative, Libertarien, Populist party''. President Bokota explained this decision by saying:

It was important for me to create a cabinet that was based upon the skill of it's member rather than their ideologie. Our desire is to unify this country and I am confident that we will easily overcome our difference of idea to work together effectively. Personnaly, I am ready to work with every member of the cabinet into making this country a better place to live.

It hard to know what such a government will be able to work together in the next four years. With such difference of ideology in the same government, one can only imagine what kind of legislation this government will be able to pass.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Conser » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:01 am

Maxwell Bokota resign from NPP leadership

After losing the 4533's election in favor the new president, the 64 years old leader of the National Progress Party Maxwell Bokota announced his resignation as leader of the National Progress Party. After being President Of Hutori for 6 term in a row from 4511 to 4533, Mr Bokota had this to say to explain his resignation:

''After many years serving the people of Hutori, it is time for me to go. During all time being both Prime Minister of Hutori and President of Hutori, we have accomplish so much. From giving women the right to control their body to enforcing more restrictive regulation on environnement, I think we can be pround of ourselves. I am confident that the NPP will be able to accomplish so much more under the guidance of a new leader. As I am not as young as I used to be, I am no longer capable of running this party and participating in the political debate with the energy and strenght I used to have''

After this announcement, the party issued a press release announcing that a election to determinate to new leader of the party should be held in approximately a year. So far, 4 four candidate have emerge to become the new leader:

-Justin Hashton (Current minister of Internal Affairs, 44 years old)
-Britany Owen (Current minister of Health and Social Services, 56 years old)
-Lincey Daniel (Member of Parliament, 45 years old)
-Julia Boyle (Member of Parliament, 25 years old)
Conser

Postby Conser » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:47 am

Britany Owen elected leader of the NPP

Yesterday, the National Progress Party held it's leadership election to determinate its new leader. Here are the official result

In fourth position Justin Hashton with 3.74% of the votes.
In third, Julia Boyle with 18.57% of votes.
In second position, Lincey Daniel with 24.24% of votes.
Finaly, the winner Britany Owen with a decisive victory of 53.45% of votes.

This makes Britany Owen, the current minister of Health and Social Services, the 13th leader of the NPP since it's creation and the second leader since the refoundation of the part in 4506.

Here, Mrs Owen making her victory speech in front of the members delegates of the National Progress Party:

Thank you all! It is a honor for me to become the fourth female leader of the National Progress Party's history. Now, we can begin our fight fort freedom, equality and solidarity. The stakes are high. Over the last years, our adversary have been working very hard at destryoying the very core of what makes Hutori great. From the most recent attack to the right of women by the Conservative Party to the most recent budget of 4527 that cut on Hutori most basic governement services and directly assault the hutorian middle class, we can't allow this to continue any longer. We must fight! We must fight as hard as we can to take back the power in the name of the great people of Hutori! Give to the hutorian people the government they deserve. A governement that work's for them and not for the huge corporation. Together, we shall ensure that no one is left aside, that no one live in poverty while the riich are getting richer and that business are getting away with fraud
Conser

Postby RileyHP » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Tories Surge to Majority Win

For the first time in more than 200 years, Hutori has a majority government. The Conservatives steamrolled through Hutori picking up 162 of the 205 seats in parliament, and earned an overwhelming 79.5% of the popular vote. Conservatives across the country celebrated this victory, and longtime Tory leader Zachary Houston, who will take over the role of Prime Minister for a second time, gave an impassioned speech at the party's headquarters in Acton.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is a historic evening. Tonight, Hutorians are sending a majority government to Bekenial for the first time in over 200 years! We ran on the promise of a stronger economy, job creation, investing in our infrastructure and putting Hutori back on the map globally. We intend to do just that. We will fix the mess left by years of left wing rule, and we will Make Hutori Great Again! Thank you everyone, god bless you, and goodnight!
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:47 am

Britany Owen expel from NPP's leadership after disastrous election.

Following the last election where the National Progress party lost more than 45% of it's seats and gave to the Conservative Party the majority in Parliament, the National Progress Party held a reunion behind close door to decide the futur of their party. This reunion concluded with the nearly unanimous decision to expel Britany Owen, the leader of the party and Presidentof Hutori, from the NPP's leadership. Lincey Daniel, former Prime Minister who took part of the reunion, explain this decision as such:

''We need a leader who can bring unity in the party and that will bring result during the election, Britany Owen has failed drastically at both these task. The hutorian clearly show during the last election that they don't believe in Ms Owen anymore and so do we. Of course, we can't expell her from the presidency as she was rightfully elected, but we can certainly expel her from the party and we shall certainly do it.''

Most suprisingly, the National Progress Party decided not to elected a new leader but to rather leave the the position vacant and to leave the leadership of the party into the hands of the leadership council. Jennifer Douglas, a important MP of the NPP and former minister of Education and Culture explain this unusual method.

''Well, the leadership council nearly always existed in the party in a way or another in the party. It is composed of 14 different individuals who are elected by members of the NPP from all 5 provinces. We can no longer afford to put the entire wight of the party upon the shoulder of only one individual, we have to delegate more power to more people, the last election clearly show that the leadership system doesn't work.''
Conser

Postby RileyHP » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 am

Houston to Use Supermajority to Eliminate Role of President

Before the current government was elected, no single party in the history of the Commonwealth had ever held a parliamentary supermajority. The Conservative Party under Prime Minister Zachary Houston is putting that supermajority to use now, as the country is in need of a new monarch. Each time the throne is passed to the next generation of the Steuart-Carmichael House, parliament must pass a bill approving it with a 2/3rds majority, which the Conservatives have on their own. The coronation is being done as part of Bill C-13: An Act to Abolish the Presidency. As the name of the bill suggests, the government is also using their supermajority to change the constitution and eliminate the role of President.

Houston faced a media storm as he left the chamber this afternoon shortly after proposing the bill.

"For too long taxpayer dollars have gone into paying for the President's salary, the Presidential residence, security, etc. and for what? The President holds almost no power in this country and is just a figurehead to represent the monarch who actually resides in this country. We promised Hutorians when we were elected that we would cut wasteful spending, and we are doing just that."
RileyHP

Postby RileyHP » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Tories Back Down on Abolishment of President

In a suprise twist, the Conservative Party and Prime Minister Houston are backing down on their plan to abolish the role of the President. It was rumoured that Houston's caucus threatened a revolt if he did not back down on the plan. Houston says that the rumours of a revolt were not true, but rather the change of heart was due to feedback from Hutorians who he says want the role of President to remain.

"Hutorians spoke loud and clear after we proposed that bill. We are listening and will propose a new bill that just coronates Queen Sarah V without abolishing the Presidency."
RileyHP

PreviousNext

Return to National News