Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Interview With Warren Platt, New Leader of the Proletarians

Postby TheCollectivist » Sun May 21, 2017 10:38 pm

June 4214

The Bekenial has recently conducted an interview with 23-year-old Warren Platt, the new leader of the Hutorian Proletarian Party (HPP) since Varnham resigned and was euthanized. While Platt has only been a member of the Proletarians for three years, his short experience as a soldier in the Hutorian military has given him the ability to train many members of the Hutorian Proletarian Guard (HPG), the party's paramilitary. Platt presently lives in one of 64 present "workers' communes" in Hutori.

When asked about whether Platt would remain as the leader for decades like other Proletarian leaders, he responded:

Warren Platt wrote:If I do not or cannot perform my duties or someone can do a better job than me, then someone else will take my place. Let me remind you that this party is not a dictatorship, we function on unanimous, albeit syncretic, consent. To understand what this means, you must first understand how leaders are appointed here and how we view leadership. Power is seen as a burden, nobody wants it because management is tedious, but necessary. When Varnham announced he had enough of politics, a position opened up. I was among several other party members who felt they would be a good replacement. Among these candidates, we decided that I was best equipped to handle the role. Now since I hold active "power" to organize council meetings and actually run for president, in order for me to lose my position, I must either quit, fail to do my job or violate the ethics of our party. Since unanimous consent is required for any change in our party, the status-quo takes precedent when it cannot be reached. My leadership is now the status-quo and since I am part of that unanimous consensus, it requires me to agree to my own resignation in order for me to lose my position, either that or like I said, I fail to do my duties or commit a breach in ethics.

Platt was then asked whether corruption would be a problem in the party, considering as long as Platt does his job, he will never lose it unless he decides to, he responded with:

Platt wrote:Corruption does not exist in our party and neither does most concepts of privacy - they go hand in hand you see. To prevent corruption you need accountability, to be accountable, things must be recorded and widely available for review and scrutiny. As a result, we have cameras basically everywhere and the HPG keeps close tabs on everyone, including me. That said, we don't record people taking showers or going to the bathroom, but we will record what they do and say. You have privacy in the sense you can have a space where others cannot see you, but as soon as you leave that space, whether it be online or outside, or you allow someone into that space, your privacy no longer exists until you return to your isolation.

Remember, despite our beliefs in self-determination, we are ultimately a totalitarian party that seeks to control every aspect of our members' lives, excluding only their thoughts, which we grant them complete freedom to explore.

When asked about the controversy concerning Varnham's euthanasia and subsequent state funeral, of which no actual Proletarian member attended, Platt seemed indifferent:

Platt wrote:Why are some people in another country concerned about attending a funeral of someone in another country? Why is there even a funeral? Varnham is dead, what is of use of his body has been harvested and used for science or medicine. Death is the inevitable end of mortality. We are thankful for Varnham's work as a party member and were honoured to euthanize him at his request. As with all our members, we planted some trees throughout Hutori in remembrance of him. Sure, things are different without him, but he was one of millions of Proletarians, all of which devote themselves to an ideology, not to any man.

Lastly, Platt was asked what his plans were for the future of the party and their relationship with United Hutori:

Platt wrote:The plan is to continue our work in promoting a Hutori that respects self-determination and works to reform Hutori into a communal agrarian society. I suspect we will maintain our relationship with United Hutori for a very long time. I know at least many of our own party members would vote for them in elections if our party were not around.

Platt is Varnham's successor, the man who led the Proletarians for 63 years straight.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Re: The Bekenial Dispatch

Postby Conser » Tue May 30, 2017 5:21 am

Interview with PresidentJason Burgole, his reaction to the election.

After the highly surprising election of 4218, Jason Burgole has been re-elected president of Hutori. We have invited him for a interview so he could give us his tought about the election, the futur of Hutori and the futur of his party.

First of all, what is your overall thought about the election?

For me, I consider this election a victory. We won the presidency and the NPP just gain 22 new seats. But I am also really surprise to see the enormous gain of popularity of the Fascist-Nationalist party. It's quite disturbing to see that a party with such extreme opinion winning so many seats.

How do you explain the enormous gain of popularity of the 1st Fascist-Nationalist Party of Hutori?

I don't think the hutorians people really believe in fascism. I think many citizens were disappointed with United Hutori and the Hutori Alliance and many right-wing voters desperately wanted a new alternative to vote for. For me, that clearly prove that neither the right-wing or the left-wing voters are interested in the extreme federalism that United Hutori and the Hutorian Proletarian Party have tried to impose in our country for the last 50 years.

Do you think you will be able to form a new cabinet without including the 1st Fascist-Nationalist Party of Hutori?

I'll sure try. I can't say that if I will be able to do it. There is many little party with very different opinion to include. But I am confident, Hutori will stay united against fascism.

Recently, you have turned 70 years old. Some people are saying that you are too old to stay as president. What do you think of that?

It's true that I am not as young as I used to be. But I am still healthy and capable of doing the job. To be honest, I am not sure that I will run again in 4222, I may resign for my position of leader of the National Progress Party so the leadership could be taken by a younger and more energetic leader. What is certain for know is that I will finish the mandate that hutorian have given me and that I will be devoted to make Hutori a better place to live for everyone for the next four years.

During the last election, Kim Bokota was elected as senator for the National Progress Party in Falristan. Could you tell us about her?

Kim Bokota is the granddaughter of the former President Tom Bokota Jr and the great granddaughter of the former President and iconic founder of the National Progres Party Tom Bokota. She is extremely competent. She clearly inherit the strenght and the inteligence of her ancestor. I am really pround to have her in my caucus.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Conser » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:04 am

Jason Burgole resigns from NPP leadership but not from presidency
Yesterday, the president Jason Burgole has announced in a press conference that he was resigning from his position of leader of the National Progress Party but not from his position of president.

To explain his decision he said: '' I am too old to continu to lead our party. I am stepping away from the leadership so the party can choose a new, younger, healtier and more dynamic leader. For the last 134 years, our party and our ideology has been leading the way into making of Hutori a better place to live and I am convident that whoever is choosen to lead our party, our cause will continue to progress and at the same time, Hutori will progress''

Indeed no one was suprised by the decision of Mister Burgole as he was 73 years old and was expected to resign soon.

Soon after, the National Progress Party direction as announced that a election to determine the new leader of the party will be held inside the party.

Three person has officialy anounce their candidacy for the leadership election:

-Kim Bokota
-Frederick Mulroney
-Justin Tanner
Conser

Postby Adithya » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Conservatives and Federalists to form a "Strong Centre Right Alternative"To the left and Fascists

Conservative Leader Mrs.Clara Wilson Speaking to Supporters in Bekenial:-

The Leader of the Hutorian Conservatives,Mrs.Clara Wilson has announced that her party and The Federalists will join hands to provide a "Strong Alternative to Hutorians in the face of Fascism and Far Leftist Politics"

Today,My Party has decided to join hands with the Federalists to create a new Centre Right Alliance which will provide a credible alternative to the Hutorian People against The Fascists and the Far Left.Our Alliance has been formed based on our shared belief in a society where those who work hard are rewarded with success,Where All People Regardless of their Race,Gender and Sex are treated equally and a Hutori which will always be the Land Of Opportunity.Our Message is simple,We need a Strong Government which provides fiscal and social progress for this country and that is possible only when our Alliance is in power.We will reach out to the Millions of Hutorians with our message and we are optimistic that we will be able to win the next Elections.

Thank you
Adithya

Postby Conser » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Kim Bokota is elected leader of the National Progress Party

The election to choose the leader of the National Progress Party has been held yesterday. Here are the official results:

-Kim Bokota 60% (143 339 votes)
-Frederick Mulroney 7% (16 720 votes)
-Justin Tanner 33% (78 837 votes)

That's make Kim Bokota, current Prime Minister and great-grandaughter of former president Tom Bokota, leader of the National Progress Party!

(Here Kim Bokota making her victory speech)

Following her victory, Mrs Bokota made a speech in front of all her militants of Falristan. Here a extract of that speech:

''Thank you, thank you everyone for giving me chance to be the one that will lead our great party to victory! Believe me, I am determined to make the project of my ancestors a reality! We must be determined, all of us, more than ever! Because there is a new threat to our nation that has just appear. Or should I say a old treath? You know what im talking about, the treacherous and crooked Federalist Party, and there alter ego the Conservative Party of Hutori, has come back. They call themselves a credible alternative to the fascists but really they are no better than them.

Only in the last four years they have succeded in destroying our Infrastructure system, they have succeded in destroying their our weapon production system and most of all they have succeded at taking away the realy basic right of a women to have a abortion. We must fight them and we must win! If we don't, Hutori is lost.''
Conser

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:05 pm

Conservatives Founded Under Steuart Patriarch

After years of hiatus, Elections Hutori announced that the Conservative Party of Hutori had been registered in time for next years scheduled June Elections.

The Conservative Party of Hutori is a historic Party that has come under many leaders and shapes over Hutori's many years since the founding of the Third Federal Republic in 3927 with the most recent iternation being formed under Richard Steuart, the head of the powerful Steuart Foundation and head of the Steuart Family, one of Hutori's wealthiest and politically most influential families.

Conservative Founder and Steuart Family Head Richard Steuart at a press conferencing announcing his formation of the Conservative Party of Hutori

Steuart has promised a full release of the Party's platform would be forthcoming once the Senate dissolved in October for the run up to the 4230 Elections and would be the blueprint from which a Conservative lead government would guide Hutori.

Hutori was formerly the world's most powerful and influential nation. But this has been allowed to wane under successive Presidents of the National Progress Party, Hutori Proletarian Party and United Hutori. It is time for a rejuvenation of our nation that only new blood can bring together. We are that movement and together we can return Hutori to greatness.

The Conservatives have already gathered three names to them in light of their founding with three Senators crossing the floor to sit as independents until they can formerly run under the Conservative banner next years. National Progress Senator from Roccato Mitchell Court, and two Federalist Senators, Isaac Ross of Kenai and Amelia Woodbury of Adelia, are jointly sitting together as an "independent conservative" caucus and they have announced they will gladly bare the Conservative banner next year.

Senator Woodbury is considered the most high profile floor crossing from the Federalists. Senator Amelia Woodbury represents Groomsbridge, an affluent community west of Acton in Adelia, and is the youngest member of the Woodbury family, who have been seen throughout the Hutorian political and military scene for close to three centuries. Considered a firebrand by the Federalists for her strong foreign and defence policy she was a contender for both Minister of Defence and Foreign Affairs in President Carmichael's Cabinet before ultimately being passed over by General Martha Bishop and Bruck Hardcastle respectively.

Senator Woodbury has stated that her choice to represent the Conservative was no ill will towards the Federalists but felt the ideals of the Conservatives were closer to her overall. Senator Woodbury apparently informed Prime Minister Jenkins before she announced her floor crossing and met privately with President Carmichael.

Senator Amelia Woodbury
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Steuart Announces Presidential Bid

Richard Steuart at Steuart House's Annual Foundation Dinner

Last night Conservative Party Chairman Richard Steuart announced that he would be seeking the office of President in June's General Election even as his Party has finalized the list of Conservative candidates in Hutori's 600 Ridings across the country.

I have spent my life serving the Hutorian people as head of the Steuart Foundation, helping the needy, the destitute and less fortunate. There can be no greater calling or public service then that of President of this great nation it is why I am pleased and honored to carry the Conservative banner to return true Hutorian values to 24 Orange Avenue.

Richard Steuart founded the Conservative Party less then a year ago but was able to tap into a litany of donors to raise money; apparently enough money was raised that not a single Conservative Senator Candidate will need to accept a cent of money from Elections Hutori this cycle.

One particular donor that has raised more then a few eyebrows was the 1 Million HLR donation to Steuart's Presidential race from the Monarchist Society of Hutori, Hutori's largest Royalist organization in the country. Steuart is am open Monarchist though he has made it a point that it isn't the only thing the Conservative Party stands for. Traditionally the MSH donates heavily to Pro-royalist Parties but stays out of Presidential races out of principle and protest to the Office of President itself.

If Steuart wins in June he'll be only the third openly Monarchist President to hold the office since the inception of the Federal Republic in 3927, preceded by Royalist President Thomas Woodbury in 3936 and Progressive Conservative President Mariah Steuart in 4120.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Conservative Caucus Prepares for Inaugural Term in Government

With the election behind them and 82 Senators elected the Conservative Party of Hutori has wasted little time getting to work in the National Senate. The Conservatives, under former Federalist Senator Amelia Woodbury have entered into a Coalition government with the National Progress Party and Hutori Progressives taking the key portfolios of Foreign Affairs, Internal Affairs, Defence and Trade & Industry. Senator Woodbury herself, elected overall Leader of the Conservatives at their AGM in February has assumed the Foreign Affairs mantle, along with Cabinet Caucus Chair. Joining Woodbury in Cabinet are John Fancy, a former HFPS Officer and one of the only two Conservative Senators from Lagard, Isaac Ross, another Federalist turned Conservative, from Kenai, who is a retired Marine Corps Captain and consultant with the Merrick Institute, Hutori's largest defence analysis firm and Daniel MacKenzie from Falristan, the former CEO of the Carter Energy Group. The Senators have taken Internal Affairs, Defence and Trade & Industry respectively.

Woodbury has stated that her caucus goal is rebuilding Hutori's image and influence internationally while securing it's border, both externally and internally, and with the portfolios under their belt are well position to do so. Minister Woodbury's first foreign visits are said to be Dorvik, Luthori and Kazullia, Hutori's staunchest northern allies before she visits Zardugal and Istalia in the south.

Newly Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs Amelia Woodbury

In the Senate meanwhile Senator Mitchell Court of Roccato has been rewarded with his own floor crossing from the National Progress Party, and the massive successes of the Conservative Party in Roccato with his election as Conservative Senate Leader. Senator Court, a man with a history at the HBC, has already proven his mettle in the Senate during Question, pulling few punches with bills his Party won't support, even as four of his colleagues are busy in Cabinet. Senator Court and Minister Woodbury issued a joint statement that the Conservative's goal for the term would be tackling the deficit, restoring many powers back to the Provincal governments and further empowering Hutori's security services to combat foreign and internal threats to the nation.

There is a long standing rumor that the Conservatives will be introducing a Monarchy Bill into the Senate to reopen Hutori's oldest and sometimes most divisive political debate; the Republic Monarchy Debate.

Conservative Senate Leader Mitchell Court
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Woodbury Begins Foreign Tour in Skalm

Minister of Foreign Affairs Amelia Woodbury Arriving at the Statsminister's Residence in Skalm

In her first foreign trip since assuming the mantle of Foreign Affairs Minister, Amelia Woodbury has chosen Hutori's most stalwart northern ally, the Kingdom of Kazullia as her first stop, even as relations between Bekenial and Skalm have cooled over the XF-43 Controversy. Woodbury is set to meet Kazullia's Statsminister Ellinor Ketelsen, in a series of meetings to help thaw relations and restore the once close and vibrant relationship the two northern nations once shared.

The agenda is said to speak on trade, restarting joint military exercises, increased investment and ongoing global security concerns.

When questioned about ongoing negotiations about the XF-43 Program Woodbury merely stated.
Hutori is looking at all of it's options in regards to the future of its Air Force. We have not pulled out of the XF-43 Program and as far as I'm aware the Minister of Defence has no intention of pulling the Hutorian Air Force out of it either, though political winds in Bekenial change all the time.

=================================

Ross Announces Naval Expansion Plan

Minister of Defence Isaac Ross

At a live press conference at Port Prosperity Naval Yard, Hutori's largest naval base in the country Minister of Defence Isaac Ross announced that the Hutorian Navy was aiming to undergo a massive expansion plan in an ambitious "50 Year Naval Plan" to "Grow, Expand and Modernize" the Hutorian Navy and restore its reputation as the world's most powerful naval force.

He noted behind him as the first steel was being cut the initial phase of the plan had begun with the construction of the new Graham class Supercarrier. The Grahams, named after former President John Graham, the President during the Enitter Crisis, and Arianna Woodbury, the famous Minister of Defence during the Great Terran War, are set to replace the Queen Sarah and King William III upon completion.

Minister Ross however stated this would only be the first step towards the complete modernization of the Navy, has further order for new modernized versions of the Bekenial class Frigates were being put in, in addition a massive order for new Liberty class Destroyers, both for general expansion and to finally replacing the immensely aging Mashacara class Destroyers still in service.

A price tag hasn't yet been put on the ambitious plan yet, but defence analysts expect it to consume the lionshare of the Defence budget over the next several decades.

During the press conference, Minister Ross was asked about the ongoing XF-43 Program and the rumor Hutori was considering pulling out of it and going alone. Ross had merely this to say.

Hutori is and will remain a part of the XF-43 Program. I know that Carmichael Industries have pulled their support for the program but Horizon Technology Corporation has committed to remaining apart of it and, at least under my tenure as Minister of Defence, so has the Hutorian Defence Ministry.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby RIS » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Carmichael Industries Will Not Withdraw From Joint Fighter Program

Carmichael Industries CEO Chelsea Carmichael

In response to a statement made earlier this week by Hutorian Minister of Defense Issac Ross, Carmichael Industries CEO Chelsea Carmichael called a press conference. Minister Ross's statement seemed to insinuate that Carmichael Industries would no longer be taking part in the multinational effort to develop a new air superiority fighter. However, on Thursday Ms. Carmichael assured us that this was not the case.

I don't know where he (Minister Ross) heard that from, I nor any of my employees have ever said anything of the sort. We are committed now as we were in the beginning to the XF-43 project. Our support has not waned we will see this to its completion and help build one of the greatest fighter crafts ever conceived.

In the press conference Ms. Carmichael also alluded to other projects that Carmichael Industries has in the works such as the new Graham-Class Supercarrier and other unnamed projects.
Former Global RP Team Economist

Active Parties:
Hutori- Federalist Party

Inactive Parties:
Klavia- Palatinus Evimería Factio
RIS

PreviousNext

Return to National News