Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Hutori

Postby RileyHP » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:25 pm

HBC Carter City
Finance Minister to Retire at End of Term

Andrew Barlow gives his first speech in the Senate as the newly elected Senator for Carter City Foothills in 4798.

Long time Senator and Minister of Finance Andrew Barlow has announced that he will be retiring at the end of the term. Barlow, now 85, was first elected to the Senate at the age of 48, and has served as Finance Minister for the better part of the last 25 years. When the term ends next September, HPP leader and former Prime Minister Michael Hill (75) will become the last remaining member of the Conservative class of 4798, and the longest serving Senator in the HPP.
RileyHP

Postby Conser » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:51 am

Former President Bokota resign from NPP's leadership after disastrous election.

In the eleciton of august, the National Progress Party his one of it's lowest score in history. President Bokota didn't even got to the second term of the presidential election, finishing fourth in the first term with less than 20% of votes. The party lose most of it's seats in both Roccato and Lagard, only remaining strong in Falristan, a traditional stronghold of the NPP. As a result many former Minister and important Senator of the National Progress Party lose their seat. Like the current minsiter of Environnement Simon Braverman or Senator Todd Sosa.

Following this election, the defeaed President made a adress to that nation announcing his decision to leave politics entirely:

''The people of Hutori had a message for us and it was very clear. We obviously didn't deliver what we were suppose to deliver. In this mandate, we didn't had the success we tought we would have, we didn't do the reform we were suppose to do. The people were disapointed and they showed it. I can only congratulate the new President of Hutori Jacob McCormick. I wish him all the success in the difficult task of leading the greatest country on Terra. I will always be available if he need advises in his new role.

Without any suprise, I think it is time for me to leave my role as leader of the National Prorgess Party. It was an honor for me to lead our party for the last 33 years. This party need new blood. This party needs change. I am confident the thousands of members of our political formation will find someone capable of truly modernising it. My last official decision as teh leader of the National Progress Party will be to accept all cabinet proposal from the new President that include us.''

After this decision, the Leadership council of the National Progress Party announced that the minister of Justice Jody McLellan would be named as the new interim leader until a new leader if found. A leadership election is to be organise in the Naiotnal Progress Party within the next few month. So far, only 2 candidate have said they were interested in running for the leadership election:

-Agnes Bruni, 39 years old, Senator for Tremaine Qu'Appelle
-Ruben Barton, 27 years old, Senator newly elected in Glentingham East
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Conser » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:45 am

Ruben Barton eleted leader of the National Progress Party

After the resignation of Mattew Bokota, the National Progress Party held a leadership election to decide who would replace the former President as head of the party. Only two candidate decided to join the election, Agnes Bruni and Ruben Barton. Here are the offcial result:

-Ruben Barton 57.23% (156 231 votes)
-Agnes Bruni 42.77% (120 985 votes)

Ruben Barton is officialy elected as the leader of the National Progress Party. Following his victoy in this leadership election, Barton announced that he would completly reevaluate the program of the party. He also declared that he would make major modification in the caucus of the party by removing and adding new members to the NPP's council of leadership. The leader should issue a statement to the press concerning these change in the next few months.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Independent P » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:39 pm

National Change Party Speech at Wexler University

The National Change Party leader Bruce Kimmo spoke at wexler University today calling for the change of policies by the two big parties and also riling up the extremists that had caused some unpleasant disruption in the wexler area the last week before his speech. He called for more to be done on high unemployment and high crime rates in the country and called out the president for being too "Disinterested in the country"

Mr. Kimmo also had a pop at most of the main political parties shown here in his speech.

The Worker's League of Hutori and the Communist Party of Hutori are much too left wing and their policies will really damage the economy of Hutori greatly. The Republican Party are much too far to the right and are scaremongering the people into voting for them by their populism grip. The Republicans policies will cause great harm on the poorest and vulnerable people of Hutori. The Popular Party are also just as bad having pretty left wing policies as well as using the populism scaremonger tactic. There is no balance of ideology and very few centrist parties of the Senate but the NCP offers a true centrist ideology with a great sense of balance. Come next election we hope you all do the right thing and vote for the NCP. Lets Change Hutori Together.

The Worker's League of Hutori and the Republicans aren't doing enough to unite the nation instead they are fueling hatred and disconnect between us all. Not all of the main parties are bad however for instance the NPP are probably the best out of the main 5 parties. Far from perfect but the NPP are probably the most centre.
- Bruce Kimmo

The party leader got a good rating on his speech getting a 69% rating on student votes
Independent P

Postby Independent P » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:55 pm

National Change Party conference

The National Change Party's founders and elite members had a Conference in Corktown today. Bruce Kimmo and Rex Collins the NCP leader and deputy leader said to us that the conference was a meeting as well as a catch up on what the parties plans are for the future.

This conference is just a small party discussion has it can be hard to have meetings like this where no one is busy and its great to see what our members have been up to over the last few months.
- Bruce Kimmo

We also managed to have a conversation with deputy NCP leader Rex Collins.

Mr. Collins your party has manage to communicate well with the people of Hutori for a small party. Can you tell me why your party is resonating well with people?
- Reporter

Well i believe that our party is going well with people because of our simple yet important policies and that is sort out the politics in Hutori, Make our politics more centrist and lets have a centre government for a change instead of a right wing one or a left wing one.
- Rex Collins

Well that side of things is well but some people want to know what the full meaning of centrism?
- Reporter

Well our parties grip of being centre is to have a full balance of right and left wing and get rid of authoritarian or extreme veiws in the Senate. None of the main parties have reasonable veiws on the military or healthcare and there all as bad as each other
- Rex Collins

Well Mr Collins we thank you for your time
- Reporter
Independent P

Postby yetiyonga » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:40 pm

HBC St.Adrian
Minister of Trade and Industry, Sarah Phillips, Speaks at Local Steel Workers Union Meeting

The Minister of Trade and Industry and important figure in the Worker's League of Hutori, Sarah Phillips, spoke today at the St.Adrian Steel Corporation Worker's Union meeting. This union has shown support for the party in past elections and is one of the dozens of unions that has helped the Worker's League gain a nearly unanimous level of support among union workers in St.Adrian and Kenai as a whole. Sarah Phillips spoke about the need to repeal the controversial provision in the Responsible Organizations Act of 4832 preventing the formation of industrial unions spanning multiple industries, saying:
The Responsible Organizations Act enacted some amazing reforms such as the salary cap that I will go out and applaud. However, in the same stroke, it broke up the unions, fragmented them and diluted their power by mandating that unions only represent one industry. Unions such as the Industrial Workers of Hutori who had done amazing work protecting its workers through sheer numbers were suddenly split into hundreds of tiny unions. These disparate organizations were then unable to protect their workers like they used to and look at what happened thanks to that. Wages for union workers stagnated and union membership decreased. Union busting became commonplace. All of this coupled with the heavy restrictions on sympathy strikes that we only recently were able to repeal meant the power of the unions was massively weakened. We were able to make some progress in that field with the legislation we passed but the Responsible Organization Act's industrial union provision acts as a brick wall against all further progress. That is why we must take our sledgehammers and destroy this wall. Don't let some politicians in the hands of the oil barons and kings of industry tell you how to organize. Because that is what workers do best, organize. There is nothing more feeble than the strength of one worker when compared to the bosses but there is nothing more powerful on Terra than the power of the unions. We will fight for our unions and we will win!

The Worker's League is having its grip on the union workers, the reason for their success in Kenai, threatened by smaller left-wing parties such the Communist Party and the Popular Party. This could be enough to make them lose their small lead over the Republican Party in the Senate which would lead to the end of the WLH-NPP coalition currently in place and the Republicans creating a new government with the NPP.
yetiyonga

Postby Independent P » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 am

Bruce Kimmo Calls for Hutori to take action against Luthori Fascists

The Rt. Hon. Bruce Kimmo made a speech to the Hutori Senate talking about what he calls the 'Luthori Fascism Threat'. He wants the International community as well as the Hutori government to 'take action' against three parties in Luthori. They are the three current governing parties of Luthori

* National movement (http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=40798)
* White rose ( http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=30314 )
* Authouritarian Fascist Union (http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=41286)

He made quite a stir over them in his speech here. http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=635274
Mr. Speaker

I am here before the Senate to hopefully discuss more about the rising threat of the fascist government of Luthori. Its true that Luthori offers Hutori no direct threat but i want to warn the Senate that this great evil is turning a once great nation into a authoritarian state of hatred. I urge the governing parties to discuss with the senate on what actions we need to do to try to prevent these vile men from getting any more power. If its internationally legal and wont cause tensions then its probably the right thing to do.

I know the president knew of our parties worries about Luthori in the past but now international action needs to be taken by the great nations of Terra to ensure freedom to the minorities in Luthori. Yes the election results in Luthori are likely to be legitimate but these governing parties are carrying hatred, racism and authoritarianism on there backs. Yes let us pray for the salvation of all of those who live in that totalitarian darkness-pray they will discover the joy of knowing God by us helping them.

The parties of Luthori i am talking about are:

* National movement
* White rose
* Authouritarian Fascist Union

We need to try remove or at least lower their power grip in Luthori. Can members of the Senate please tell the other members their thoughts on this and can the President please tell us what his government intentions are over this? We ask for nothing drastic just reassurance that Hutori and the international community will take steps over Luthori. Thank you

- Rt. Hon Bruce Kimmo
NCP Leader

Its unclear what the NCP leader wants to fully achieve and for a small party leader its a wonder what this speech could possibly do.
Independent P

Postby Independent P » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:37 pm

Deputy leader of the NCP, Rex Collins announces party logo

The deputy leader of the NCP, Rex Collins has announced the new party's logo: Image
Independent P

Postby Independent P » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:20 am

Independent P

Postby Independent P » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:19 pm

NCP News: The NCP headquarters has been built in Adelia

The new headquarters of the National Change Party has been built in the capital on Oldrire Road, Adelia. Just months now before the general election this step will help the NCP a lot in there pursuit to have a good election result and in their eyes change politics in Hutori.

We hope the new headquarters will help our party more and it shows how we have grown over the last few years from a small party made up me three ole politicians. One being me and Bruce and Josh McArthur. Our party will of course do are part in helping the change nation for the better.
- Rex Collins
Independent P

PreviousNext

Return to National News