Hutori

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Bekenial Dispatch

Postby Apulia-2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:23 pm

President Reardon: Hutori Must Unite

President Francis Reardon drinks champagne to celebrate his election

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- In his first speech from 24 Orange Avenue, President Francis Reardon spoke of uniting the people of Hutori to begin progressing the nation toward a "fairer, freer future".

"My fellow Hutorians,

This last election was divisive. Words were thrown back and forth. Accusations were made of me, and by me. But I ask today that we leave that in the past. Today, we must unite Hutori and prepare for a fairer, freer future. Progress will not come via an overbearing, iron-fisted government, but rather the invisible hand of millions of Hutorians. It is my mission to create a government from the center, a big tent that will unite all of Hutori behind one vision: a vision where Hutori can be a world power in peaceful world. Sadly, the neoliberal institutions of the past century have failed Hutori. We have become less free, less prosperous, and less united.

If there is one phrase which I hope to put on the lips of every Hutorian, it is: "Hutori Stands United". Together, we will work toward achieving that goal.
National Monarchist Party of Hutori

"A George divided against itself, cannot stand!"
Apulia-2

Postby Apulia-2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:59 pm

President Reardon Works to Reform LDP

President Reardon giving his State of the Republic address

BEKENIAL, ADELIA -- Despite the fact that President Francis Reardon's cabinet proposal floundered in the face of what he called "virtue-signalling disunity", President Reardon announced with LDP Leader John William Henry that the LDP would continue to press its agenda in the Senate, declaring that "we will agree on policies, if not on people".

The Liberal Democratic Party has traditionally served as the libertarian alternative to more authoritarian politics. However, President Reardon hopes to expand the appeal of the LDP by adopting more traditionalist views, emphasizing freedom as a Hutorian tradition. When the LDP was founded, it was considered the party of the urban elites and college students, and continued in that reputation until relatively recently. Reardon hopes with a broader appeal, the LDP may be more able to hold the presidency in the long run.

"Hutori must be united, and the Liberal Democratic Party must be the apparatus which unites Hutori," Reardon said at a meeting of LDP senators. "We must consider broad reforms in our branding. It is not the policies which disappoint, but our general feeling. We must be the party of a United Hutori."

The LDP executive committee will be meeting to consider changes. Some critics have said that Reardon is hoping to build a "Reardonist" party.

Apulia-2

Postby Conser » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 am

Minister of Internal Affairs, Steve Donovan, tragically died from a heart attack
The minister of Internal affairs, Steve Donovan, passed away yesterday from a heart attack at the age of 82. He was the eldest senator of the National Progress Party and one of the oldest politicians in Hutori. He was first elected in the election of 4116 at the age of 24 and stayed in politics until his death.

The President of Hutori, Tom Bokota Jr, gave a moving speech to celebrate the achievements of Mr. Donovan:
''Steve was a great man. He served the National Progress Party and the hutorian population with devotion and compassion for most of his life. He was a good friend and an inspiration to us all. He will be greatly missed.''

In order to replace him, the President has decided to create a new Cabinet proposal, in which the National Progress Party and the Centrist Choice Coalition will hold the same ministerial positions as in the present one.
-Parti de dieu (Alduri) inactive
-National Progress Party (Hutori) active
-Græna Demókratar (Telamon) inactive
Conser

Postby Apulia-2 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Fmr. President Reardon Creates United Hutori

ACTON, ADELIA -- Former President Francis Reardon has passed the last reform in the Liberal Democratic Party, rebranding it as United Hutori. "This is a party of traditional Hutorian values: liberty, family, and country."

United Hutori is a slight change in traditional Liberal Democratic Party, focusing on big-tent populism rather than classical liberalism and centrism. "There hasn't been a strong liberty movement in Hutori for decades," said Former Prime Minister John William Henry, "and now we have the chance to make this go national."

The party relocated from Woodhurst to Acton.

Apulia-2

Postby Apulia-2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:46 am

Fmr. President Reardon Begins "Put Hutori First Again" Campaign

Reardon giving a passionate speech outdoors in the snow at Steuart Garden, Acton

ACTON, ADELIA -- Former President Francis Reardon (UH-AD) spoke at Steuart Garden in February, declaring his intention to "Put Hutori First Again". Hats were sold at the entrance stating the apparent first slogan of United Hutori's first election.

Though Reardon was the headliner, some others signaled the continuation of the old values of the Liberal Democratic Party. Raymond Taft (LDP-FA), descendant of the first leader and Prime Minister to come from the Liberal Democratic Party, spoke of the how United Hutori carried on his ancestor's vision. A former Conservative Nationalist, Sen. Peter Henry (UH-AD) spoke as well, stating the need for "all who put Hutori First to rise like a Phoenix".

Reardon violently denounced the National Progress Party. "First, they will tell you they care for you and so they will build an apparatus that turns the great and noble citizens of Hutori into looters, lechers, and beggars: they will take away your dignity and make you feel small and powerless. Then, they build a military armed with weapons that could destroy the world and millions of civilians, and tell you it is for national defense, and seek to make you feel guilty if you do not endorse it. The Hutorian people have a message: we are not small and powerless! We are not guilty! We are strong, and we will restore this country to the land it once was!"

Former Prime Minister John William Henry (UH-AD) also spoke at the rally, putting the Centrist Choice Coalition in his crosshairs. "The pretentious sickness of the CCC is that they pretend to have the moral high ground, when they lack both principle and backbone. They claim to be the center of Hutori, but they are nothing but an a friendlier arm of the imperialists in the National Progress Party... They are lapdogs, but believe they are kings! Hutori doesn't need to be condescended to, it needs to be united!"

The campaign begins in Adelia, and then will be working its way through Lagard and then Kenai. Future campaigns are planned in Falristan and Roccato.

Apulia-2

Proletarians Back Francis Reardon

Postby TheCollectivist » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:54 pm

April 4176

As with the former Liberal Democratic Party of Hutori (LDP), the Proletarians have recently announced their decision to back United Hutori's presidential candidate, Francis Reardon:

Tiege Varnham, Proletarian leader wrote:The goals of the HPP and United Hutori differ in some categories such as economics, but are essentially one the same. We both strive to give local governments greater autonomy. We are both against weapons of mass destruction. We have no qualms with working with others who know that true diversity and strength is in autonomy, the power to be. So, I say this with complete confidence, if Reardon is elected, it will be a victory for locals and Proletarians alike.
Current party: Pragmatic Party (Indrala)
Political alignment: Centre
For: Defensive democracy, globalism, and humanism
TheCollectivist

Postby Apulia-2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Fmr. President Reardon: "We Have Momentum"

Reardon speaking at Port Prosperity

PORT PROSPERITY, KENAI -- Former President Reardon spoke to a cheering crowd in front of a naval ship in June, to a receptive crowd. The crowd began chanting "Hutori First, Hutori First!" as President Reardon walked on stage. He was opened by Christopher Dean (LP), the leader of the Libertarian Party, who gave a resounding endorsement. The two shook hands and posed together, before Dean walked off stage and Reardon began speaking.

The former President Reardon railed against what he called the "orange parties", the National Progress Party and the Centrist Choice Coalition, for their "monopoly on power". "Hutori is a vast nation, consisting of people of all kinds and all colors. How can we expect to move this country forward if we have the left dominate? I will point out that my policies were so popular, none were rolled back by the incumbent President, Prime Minister, or any government party. Instead, we have moved Hutori closer to where we need it to be. I say this: it is time to put Hutori First, whether the internationalists want it or not!"

Reardon also knocked the emergent Party of the Republic. "The Party of the Republic ought to be better called the Party of Hutori Last. Increases in foreign aid, more diplomatic immunity -- how do these measures help Hutori? I will tell you: the Party of the Republic will fall in line with the orange parties, whether they want to or not!"

After Reardon's speech, a video played of various politicians from the Hutori First parties declaring their support for Reardon. "Hutori comes first to President Reardon," said Fmr. Prime Minister John William Henry (UH-AD), "and therefore, we support him."

Apulia-2

Postby The Sommerfelds » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:02 am

George Sommerfeld and the Party of the Republic "Set Sail for Victory"
George Sommerfeld Registers His Party for the Upcoming Election

Sommerfeld in his Downtown Office

George Sommerfeld and is "Party of the Republic" are causing quite the stir in Bekenial. The political action committee turned political party registered for the upcoming election this morning and as a political party last year. The founder and leader is George Sommerfeld, a wealthy Aurorian Dundorfian-Hutorian, and here is what he had to say when we a sea of journalists put questions to him after his electoral registration at the electoral office of Bekenial.

[Interviewer 1]: Mr. Sommerfeld, congratulations on your party's registration. How well do you think you and your party will do come July?
[Sommerfeld]: Well, we have a difficult road ahead of us as we are starting from scratch. I cannot accurately predict the results but what I can say is that if the people of Hutori hear our message, they are sure to support us in the upcoming election.
[Interviewer 2]: And what is that message exactly?
[Sommerfeld]: Let me be heard, loud and clear: this party stands for peace through the strength of our military; we stand for a solid civil defence; we stand for a greater, far-reaching foreign policy; we stand for easing the burden of the working man by creating a new era of economic growth; we stand for the family values that have preserved us for centuries; but most of all, we stand for every man who wants to make something of himself, we stand for men with drive and initiative and will do everything we can to empower him to carry the torch of this republic onto the next generation - whatever his colour or creed.

The Sommerfeld Family

[Interviewer 2, with laughter]: Zounds, I think you got a bit of spit in my eye there.
[Sommerfeld, also with laughter]: Well, you are standing pretty close.
[all laugh]

[Interviewer 2]: If I am correct, you pursued a career in business and investing upon graduation from Thomas University. In your mid to late twenties, you made a large fortune as a stock market and commodity investor and also by rolling the profits you made into investing in real estate and a wide range of business industries.You then formed Hutori's largest holding company and now own a considerable amount of the aggregate stock listing of Hutori. How does your position at the top of Hutorian society correlate with your 'easing the burden of the working man by creating a new era of economic growth'?
[Sommerfeld]: Gee, now you've got spit in my eye.
[all laugh]
[Sommerfeld]: Now let me say one thing about that: I am a self-made man. I was given an opportunity and I took it. Growing up was not easy for me. My family and I, as an immigrant family, faced many hardships, but we overcame. The opportunities that were afforded to me are the same opportunities that I hope to extent to all Hutorians. That if you want something, you can darn well get it! We will not stop you, heck, we will help you. I had very little help, imagine the sort of things Hutorian's could accomplish with the help of a government that supports them in their endeavours.

Sommerfeld at Thomas University

[Interviewer 3]: Now, you're an Aurorian?
[Sommerfeld]: Yes.
[Interviewer 3]: And you are asking to represent a people that are, for the most part, not Aurorian?
[Sommerfeld]: Look, the question of my faith has nothing to do with the question of whether or not I am deserving of the presidency. I am not the Aurorian candidate for president, I am a candidate for president who just so happens to be Aurorian.

[Interviewer 4]: Finally, you're running alongside William Hull. What do you have to say about the man?
[Sommerfeld]: Well, I believe that the man is an excellent candidate for the office of Prime Minister. His record is one that shows he is ready for the role and I know he'll do a wonderful job.
[Interviewer 2]: But he's a defector, isn't he?
[Sommerfeld]: Bill is a great guy and yes, he did decide to leave the National Progress Party a while back. That's only because he felt the same way as a lot of Hutorian's feel: that the current administration is ineffective and we are in need of some serious change. The sort of change that Bill and I hope to get started with this July.

Following that question, George Sommerfeld escaped the remaining press by entering his limousine that sped away furiously. Overall, the general feeling surrounding him and his party is optimism. The man has already presented several petitions to the senate and is due to release his party's manifesto soon.
The Sommerfelds

Postby Apulia-2 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Fmr. President Reardon Condemns George Sommerfield

CONSTANTINE, LAGARD -- In the final stretch of Former President Francis Reardon's "Put Hutori First Again" campaign, Reardon gave a strong speech to the Lagard Chamber of Commerce, taking particular aim at George Sommerfield and his emergent Party of the Republic. "The Party of the Republic pretend to be the heirs to the conservative tradition handed down by Federalists, but they are wolves in sheep's clothing. Their ranks, including their Prime Ministerial candidate, are nothing more than puppets of the National Progress Party. President Bokota hoped for a pacified, controlled opposition: and suddenly, the Party of the Republic emerges, ostensibly to the right of center. I have no doubt in the coming months, Sommerfield and his party will be the staging ground for the National Progress Party's more ludicrous foreign policy ideas. When war comes, Sommerfield will lead the charge, and behind him will be the National Progress Party and their flunky Centrist Choice Coalition lapdogs."

"We are in the final stretch, my fellow Hutorians. It is time to put Hutori first again," said President Readon, "we are uniting the left, with parties like the Hutorian Proletarian Party, with the right, with parties like the Hutori Alliance. All of Hutori will come together to celebrate the day where we make Hutori great again!"

Apulia-2

The Bekenial Dispatch

Postby Ruinfan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Frank Green Endorsing United Hutori?

We've spoken with Frank Green today asking him how he feels about the upcoming elections his answer "Sadly I will not become president this year we've chosen to Endorse Mr. Reardon for this election" He continued on saying next election he will not be endorsing him. He then went on to campaign in the Province of Kenai spreading his message of Hutori Nationalism and believing in greater things for this nation's security and people.

Frank Green Speaking at Kenai
National Alliance Party
Ruinfan

PreviousNext

Return to National News