Istalia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Corriere d'Istalia

Postby XanderOne » Thu May 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Prime Minister Carnavi met Premier Apak in Dokuz
Both Istalia and Jakania agrees about increasing continental cooperation and shares their satisfaction for the Southern Trans Majatran High Speed Railway

July 4755

DOKUZ - Yesterday Prime Minister Giovanni Carnavi landed in Dokuz where he was welcomed by the Premier of the Republic of Jakania Zehra Apak who, before to reach the the Premier's office, guided him into a tour of the one of the first construction sites related to the "Southern Trans Majatran High Speed Railway".

Both the Heads of Government, in fact, showed to be very satisfied for the agreement reached on the continental project proposed by Istalia and which was one of the topics about which they talked once at Jakanian Premier's office, in order also to defuse some of the tension generated by the debates within the General Assembly of the World Congress which saw the Istalian and Jakanian ambassadors exchanging quite piqued replies about the mission on Bianje and the nature of the Security Council.

Prime Minister Carnavi reassured Jakania about the deep respect of Istalia and of the World Congress Security Council about all the ethnicities and cultures of Terra, reiterating that Istalia was and still remains a strong supporter of the Jakanian run to the Majatran non-permanent seat into the Security Council, believing in the goodness about having within the Council a democracy like Jakania which is fully emerging on the international stage and which can bring a further point of view to the debates.

Both Heads of Government therefore agreed in the need for greater continental cooperation between the majatran nations, economic, cultural but also political cooperation, in order to pursue stable and long-lasting peace, development and prosperity in Majatra.
The Istalian Government clearly welcomed the call from the Jakanian President Meltem Caner for a "new era" for relations between the countries of Majatra so that stability and cooperation might face instability and conflicts, which too often arose especially in Majatra's south-western parts, and in fact in Jakania the memory of the sufferences from the Deltaria-Coalition War and the invasion by part of the Czarist regime is still alive.
Prime Minister Carnavi mentioned the successfull Majatran Alliance as an example of strong cooperation and mutual understanding between Majatran nations which gave great results assuring for almost whole 44th and 45th century peace and prosperity, which however, as underlined the Prime Minsiter, was founded primary as a defensive alliance and then developed as continental organization and which actually was often hegemonized by its most powerful members.

Thus further dialogues will be necessary to find a new asset for the continental realtions and Carnavi and Apak assured that both Istalia and Jakania are ready to work side by side for a new era fully sharing their hope for growth, stability and prosperity through all the nations of Majatra.
XanderOne

Postby XanderOne » Fri May 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Last farewell for Emperor Tommaso I Hassan to whom succeeds His Majesty Alessandro III Ghazi
The 89-years old emperor is passed away after 32 years of reign struck down by a brain ischemia although while spending the summer surrounded by his nearest and dearest
Emperor Alessandro III Ghazi leading the Imperial Family in procession behind the coffin of his father

2 February 4756

ROMULA - Whole country at 12.00 o'clock has stopped for a minute's silence to pay its respect to Emperor Tommaso I Hassan as his solemn State Funeral was holding in the Church of All Angels.

It was with the deepest sadness that on 28 January the Imperial Household released a nationwide message announcing His Majesty the Emperor passed away while spending the summer holidays at the Estate of Borromesi's Castle, one of the three official residence of the Istalian Head of State located in the municipality of Rocca Bassa, in the heart of Sarregnan countryside.

His Majesty, precised the Imperial Household, was struck by an embolism around 3 p.m. causing an ischemic stroke which, despite the rapid response of the doctors, in less than 30 minutes took him away.
The Imperial Household stated however that despite the sudden qualm His Majesty passed away surrounded by his nearest and dearest, being present at Borromesi's Castle the whole families of Grand Prince of the Crown Alessandro Ghazi and of Gran Princess Michela Sanaa.
Grand Princes Nicola Nadir and Marzia Kamila, spending the summer with their families respectively in north Silicia and in Kalopia, have been immediately warned so to meet with the rest of the family in Romula where to pay all together their respect to the Emperor and to salute the ascension to the throne of their brother Alessandro Ghazi.

As per tradition, Emperor's body lay in state for four days in the Hall of Marshals of Quattroregni Palace, opened to the public for 12 hours per day allowing authorities and common people to pay tribute to the Monarch.
Sunday morning the coffin left Quattroregni Palace followed by the Imperial Family led by new Emperor Alessandro III Ghazi and which crossed the city until the Church of All Angels honored and greeted for the last time by hundred of thousand of people who lined the route of the funeral procession.
The funeral day, attended obviously by the highest institutions of the country as well as by representatives from the friend nations of Istalia, saw the new Emperor afflicted by great commotion, although supported by his wife Empress Silvia who lovingly costantly held his hand, while Empress Mother Clarissa, who showed for the whole procession great composure, finally dropped in a long weeping of sadness inside the Church.
After the cerimony the procession left the Church towards the Imperial Mausoleum where Emperor Tommaso Hassan was finally buried to rest in peace alongside his fathers.

Corriere d'Istalia joins the mourning of the country expressing all its sorrow for the loss the entire nation has suffered.
XanderOne

Postby Aethan » Sun May 17, 2020 3:13 pm

The left gains almost absolute power in Istalia
After many decades the Left Bloc and the Social Democrats take over the national government, four of the five regions and the presidencies of the Assembly and the Senate

Prime Minister Leandro Bisso during his time as Opposition Leader in the demonstrations in support of the LGBT group

Sources say that within the Left Bloc they were prepared to accept the resignation of their secretary general, Leandro Bisso, after the electoral results were made public, in view of the fact that the numerous surveys carried out the previous days gave the parliamentary majority once again the conservative government formed by OFF and the Sollecito Bloc. However, after the results had hardly been announced, the citizens of Istalia discovered that they would once again have a left-wing government for the first time in decades.

The Left Bloc, once again, as in 8 of the last 12 elections, was proclaimed the winner, but with one key difference: this time, by adding their seats to those of the Social Democrats, they were able to obtain the absolute majority of the National Assembly. The Left Bloc, with more than 30% of the votes, and the Social Democrats, second force with 23% of the votes, obtained a comfortable majority in order to form a progressive government, in the face of the impressive fall of the right-wing bloc. Thanks to this, the left-wing bloc has not only risen to the national government, but has also taken power from four of the five regional governments, with the exception of Sarregna. Furthermore, the good news did not end there on this electoral night for the Left Bloc: apart from knowing that its Secretary General, Leandro Bisso, would reach the position of Prime Minister of Istalia, the electoral results provided the Left Bloc with the premise of also electing the presidents of the country's two legislative chambers: the Assembly and the Senate, thanks to its position as the leading political force in both places.

As soon as these results were known, Mr. Bisso immediately announced the continuity of his right-hand man and trusted adviser, Aristarco Azzara, as President of the Senate, where the Left Bloc's policy of abstentionism seems not to have taken its toll, since they increase by two their representation in this chamber, going from 31 to 33 seats and once again, adding an absolute majority with their social democratic partners, with whom they obtain a total of 64 out of 100 seats, to just two of the 2/3 majority required for the passage of many laws.

At the head of the National Assembly, Mr. Bisso has announced, in a clear declaration of intentions against the previous conservative government that removed Istalia from the international pact for LGBT protection, the election of Carola Antonella as the new President of the Lower House, a 52-year-old transsexual lawyer and political activist.

After the speech that Mr. Bisso gave once the results were known, it seems that he has decided to leave behind his more centrist attitude and focus on returning to the left current.

"Istalia has spoken. We reached out to Sollecito Bloc to govern Istalia, so as not to have to depend on the extreme right, but they preferred to turn a deaf ear, decided not to carry out self-criticism for anything they have done and move on. And now the citizens have said " enough ". Enough of the trickery with their votes, enough of pacts in the offices to form minority governments supported by the far-right, behind the backs of the others. The citizens have asked for change, and this new government is going to provide it: We have already tried that, and the conservative government did not want to dialogue. Now it is time, after years of neoliberal and conservative policies, for a social and economic revolution. "

The Prime Minister has announced improvements in workers' conditions, massive deprivatizations, greater regulation in the market and in environmental conditions.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby XanderOne » Sun May 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Laura Montefalchi says her party has to reflect very well on what it was a predictable defeat
ANI's Leader however hasn't spared criticism toward the new leftist government about foreign policy: "There are many issues to be handled but their first moves risk to throw away years of efforts"

8 June 4757

ROMULA - A "predictable defeat", in this term the election results were commented by the Secretary of the National Alliance of the Empire Laura Montefalchi, who also on this she found herself in disagreement with the leader of the Left Bloc and new Prime Minister Leandro Bisso, who instead it seems he was ready to resign expecting a reconfirmation for the previous government, which instead was severely punished by voters who widely rewarded leftist parties.

ANI has not seen its position within the National Assembly change substantially, except for a slight drop which indeed has allowed Secretary Montefalchi to continue with his internal purging campaign against the last supporters of previous party leader Mattia Negri, who remained in the party as a thorn in the side for Montefalchi, because reconfirmed in his parliamentary seat during the last legislature, but today he was finally defeated by a member part of the new Montefalchi leadership who has conquered all the seats earned by ANI.

Laura Montefalchi then met the journalists at the ANI headquarters in Viale delle Vittorie and in front of whom she vented without hesitation:

I'm not at all surprised at what happened. Of course... I didn't expect an absolute majority for the left, but I didn't even expect that the voters would reward us or the previous government coalition. It was a "predictable defeat", without ifs and buts. What has been done by the previous government? Very little: Sollecito Bloc and Order, Faith and Family have basically proceeded each on their own way, just avoiding to step on their feet.

It had been difficult to negotiate a government agreement, the tension with OFF has always been high, we cannot deny it. Personally, in fact, I was very reticent and for this reason we agreed to participate as ANI very limited, with a single ministry and concentrated above all on the health care reform, a reform that finally did not go through, delayed by further requests and adjustments by OFF after we already had the green light for some time. We had agreed to join the coalition for that reform and yet they have presented their amendments to our law, amendments that once again put religion in the way.
And with regard to this last topic, I am personally very sorry that the label of the conservative party hangs over the National Alliance, really very sad, a boulder that muds the primitive principles on which this party was founded, a party that in its statute is said to be pluralist, tolerant, secular and progressive. We are an economically liberal party, which has always supported a non-invasive government and laissez-faire policies, this puts us in the right-wing field on the political landscape of course, but we have always refused to approach conservative ideals on social issues.
But how can we blame Prime Minister Bisso when he labels all the Istalian rightist parties today as conservative? What did the National Alliance do to defend the progressive values ​​in which we had to reflect ourselves? Nothing, as said a while ago, we did nothing, instead we accepted something that a few decades ago would have been unthinkable.

Of course, many people say to me "Laura, we have governed, given stability to the country and so we carried out many reforms, among the largest in the economic field, and we pursued a solid foreign policy". But at what price? A suffocating religious rhetoric, a religious rhetoric that has had to meddle in many, too many debates as well as in too many legislative proposals.

I therefore believe it is time to change tack and for this reason my party and I we have decided to support a possible re-ratification of the treaty protecting the rights of the LGBT community and to open a discussion table on religious issues.
In this last subject ANI is not available for excessive closures as recently proposed by the Social Democrats, and therefore we are not willing to go completely backwards, but I think we can find a solution that guarantees secularism of the state and religious freedom, which, as OFF argues, must be guaranteed and not suffocated but in turn we can not accept that it's the secularity of the state to be harmed.

Will we pay for the consequences in the future? Maybe, but as long as I am leading this party, ANI will no longer turn its back on its most fundamental values. This is a warning for me, for my party colleagues but also for our allies and possible future partners

Before leaving the press conference, Secretary Montefalchi finally responded to the questions by the journalists about the new government and what she expects for the next four years:

I think Prime Minister Bisso has been more than clear! We will witness nationalizations, avalanches of regulations, gargantuan bureaucracy, taxpayer money spent on policies of dubious utility and which I hope are not mere short-term electoral interventions, we will probably resort to debt but I expect to see the taxpayers' money being taken from their pockets with tax increases in all sectors... perhaps a very complicated tax system with dozens of brackets will be reintroduced, for the "happiness" of accountants and officials of the Ministry of Finance.
We have seen what the opposition's proposals have been for years, so probably what I have said so far are too optimistic prospects on my part.

But I'm not only concerned with internal politics, also with foreign policy: as mentioned above, the country has been able to develop and devote itself to a solid and serious foreign policy and there is no doubt that excellent results have been achieved. Both with our Majatran partners and with numerous nations all around the world.
But the prospects, also on this field, do not seem to be rosy at all! Just look at what happened recently at the World Congress: the interim Istalian Ambassador who replaced the effective Michael Turriano did not send me any peace of mind.
I state that I am not opposed at all to the veto imposed by Istalia on Resolution 87, in fact, I am also convinced that such a proposal is out of place in the World Congress, a "statement", as described by the Ambassador of Yingdala, that the parliament of Yingdala can approve, which may appear in the Tian'an newspapers, but which certainly cannot be presented as a resolution of the World Congress' Security Council and which I, as Istalian, cannot share, since if this is the will and the decision of the people of Hutori, achieved through democratic means and without harming the foundamental principles of the human beings, it must be respected beyond political and ideological positions.

But what worries me it was the way of handle the situation by the interim ambassador, who unlike the ambassadors of Kazulia and Dorvik has uploaded their own statements with rhetoric and a truly excessive emotion. Will this be the tone with which we will conduct our future negotiations? I wonder what this government will and will be able to do in foreign policy. We have a treaty negotiated with sweat and fatigue with Yingdala, but what will become of it? Will this government be able to safeguard all that has been done so far, or will it throw years of effort to the point of whims or a dialectic enthusiasm that is not appropriate for these diplomatic areas?
Yingdala is a friend country, with which we have established more than cordial relationships and which, despite the possible differences, must be treated with the courtesy and respect with which we must treat those nations honored by the friendship of Istalia. Openness,frankness but kindness should guide our relations with these nations
XanderOne

Postby LC73 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 pm

LC73

Postby Hakon » Tue May 19, 2020 6:10 am

DRASTIC CHANGES IN FAMILY PARTY

Triesta, March 4758.

From our own correspondence.

During the annual OFF Partyconference in Triesta there was a major shift in party positions due to the dramatic and extreme disappointing election results. It was "pay day" for many partyofficials. OFF partyconferences are not accessible for journalists because the Family Party is a very "introvert" political community. OFF watchers said that parymembers blame former Prime Minister Giovanni Carnavi for the party's downfall. Bad policies, indeciveness and he was invisible for the general public, were points of critisism. The partyleadership did receive some blows too. They should have intervened but totally failed to do so. This all meant that Carnavi, chairman Puchani and former regional President Victor Martelli resigned from all their party positions. The position of Mariana Vranetta was heavily debated. She survived by admitting that she was not "enough focussed" on OFF issues. She replaces Puchani and has been "promoted" to partychairwoman, the first woman in this position. Former partyleader Vranetta will be replaced by Marco Brunetti. He is a very experienced politician. A partyman (56 years of age) who has been active within the party bureaucracy and holding ministrial positions in several Regional Governments of Mezzodiurno. He is known as a pragmatic politician while keeping a close eye on OFF intrests.
Hakon

Postby Ab3012 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:56 am

MINISTER OF INFRASTRUCTURE AND TRANSPORT ANNOUNCES A NEW NATIONAL MOBILISATION PLAN CENTERED ON PUBLIC AND SHARED TRANSPORT AND ON BIKE LINES

After the press conference of Minister De Angelis, this time the Minister of Infrastructure and Transport Babur Shaylem spooke to the journalists about a new plan for mobility to be implemented in Istalia.
Minister Shaylem explained that if Istalia wants to embrace the green economy, the industrial plan presented a few months ago must necessarily be complemented by an equally extensive and ambitious national plan for mobility.
The government has also started working on this with the help of experts from the academic, scientific and production sectors and has specified that the plan will focus mainly on large cities that are actually the areas where the issue of public transport is really crucial and that obviously they are the areas that generate the greatest impact on the environment due to means of transport and human activity in general.
Such a plan cannot be developed regardless of the particular needs and characteristics of individual cities and this is why the government will work closely with local authorities and especially with city administrations to find and promote the best solutions on a case-by-case basis and the national government will prepare guidelines and objectives to be achieved while cities will have to choose the most appropriate means for them to achieve the objectives.
Among the most important points identified by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport there is the objective of revolutionizing the centers and above all the historical centers of the Istalian cities aiming at a pedestrianization of the historical centers to decongest the traffic and for a human-sized re-appropriation of urban centers but also to a re-evaluation of the major arteries passing through the urban centers, transforming them into "Mobility Parks" or green areas crossed by cycle paths, dedicated routes for electric city cars and light metrovias that take the place of cement and asphalt tongues that bring traffic from side to side of urban centers.
To do this of course public transport will have to be strengthened and this is why funds and assistance will be guaranteed to support cities and transport companies for the purchase of electric vehicles and for the development of urban tramway and railway infrastructures and with regard to the latter to the cities will be asked to develop or extend them to create effective links between centers and suburbs.
Precisely to connect the cities with the countrysides Minister Shaylem announced that all railway connections will be strengthened but not only by modernizing the existing infrastructures but investment will be made with local authorities for the creation of regional railway rings; funds will be given to small and medium-sized municipalities and provinces for the creation of interurban cycle paths and therefore very large tax reliefs will be guaranteed for both regional public and private road transport companies so that connections between small towns and especially with regional exchange railway stations are intensified and to convert their bus fleets to electric bus.
The Minister said also that the concept of shared transport will be promoted at national level and incentives and tax relief will be provided for those companies that want to invest in car sharing mobility systems and bureaucratic facilities will be guaranteed in order to be able to make agreements with city administrations.
The Government will not act however only to help public administrations and companies but will also think about the individual citizen: in fact there is a bonus for every citizen who requests it, residing in cities over 75 mile inhabitants and with a low income for the purchase of bicycles, pedal-assisted bicycles, electric kick scooter up to electric motor scooter and further resources will be put in place to support public transport costs for low incomes.
Ab3012

Postby Ab3012 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:10 pm

FOREIGN MINISTER DAVIDE ROGNONE MEETS THE PRESS TO EXPRESS HOW APPALED ISTALIA IS ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING IN KALISTAN: NEVER HEARD OF A COUNTRY ASKING FOR A LARGE-SCALE MILITARY INVASION AS "HELP", THERE IS SOMETHING OF DISCONCERTING ABOUT ALL THIS AND THE PRINCIPLES OF INTERNATIONAL LAW HAVE BEEN TOTALLY DISREGARDED

Foreign Minister Davide Rognone has summoned the press to the Ministry to express the bewilderment the dismay and concern of Istalia in learning about the events that have been affecting Kalistan in recent days.
The Minister began by outlining the general situation:

Following serious internal problems related to acts of terrorism and armed uprisings and to a very serious instability and weakness of the Kalistan government, dependent on what appear to be racial tensions, the kalistan president seems to have deliberately opened the doors to the Lourenne government for a large-scale military invasion by defining such an intervention as a request for assistance of a "stabilizing force".The armed forces of Lourenne have therefore initiated massive operations that in a few days have seen thousands of troops arrive in Kalistan and totally take control of it by suppressing the rebel forces that opposed the Kalistan government. The rebel forces defined as "nationalist" have therefore been defeated and suppressed by the invasion forces of Lourenne and the Kalistan government and its president have finally declared that the country will remain under the administration of Lourenne and he said that all of this will continue while they consolidate a stable government and begin rebuilding our security services.

After the brief and somewhat neutral discussion of the events Minister Rognone took on a decidedly more serious tone to express the country's opinion on what happened:
In the face of what has happened Istalia cannot hid how it is appalled by all this and the Istalian Empire cannot avoid expressing all the bewilderment and concern and dismay that have generated these events here in Romula: despite the declarations of the government of Kalistan and its president Istalia cannot fail to express the fact that indeed many obscure points remain in this treatment of events by both Kalistan and Lourennan and even more bewilderment generates the fact that the international community has been totally ignored and also the World Congress itself.
Our government at the World Congress recently clashed with representatives of Yingdala regarding national sovereignty and external interventions in the internal policies of other states. Obviously the situation was different then because we discussed Hutori which is a stable and fully democratic nation and the representative of Yingdala let us know that he would keep in mind our words regarding national sovereignty and the opposition to foreign nation to intervene in other countries.
Today we cannot but feel compelled to reiterate those concepts in the face of a very different and decidedly more serious situation and I can only express my appreciation for the declarations of Yingdalan regarding what happened in Kalistan and above all for the its efforts to dissuade Lourenne from starting an armed conflict.
But above all the Minister thanked the government Yingdala for pointing out something evident: the government of Lourenne seems to have already started its war machine against Kalistan for some time denouncing that Kalistan new socialist government would be ready to close down the Anantanese Ocean and also saying that piracy was an issue and Yingdala in fact clearly argued that there have been no indications about all these claims by part of Lourenne. In light of all this we cannot simply sigh in relief as Yingdala did because we cannot hide the fact that we have serious dubts about the fact that Lourenne actions had full support from all sides involved.
Although Yingadala is confident that Lourenne did not aim to establish a colony in northern Seleya today with full assent from the government of Kalistan and its president Lourenne has literally made Kalistan his protectorate and we know that a representative of the United Kingdom will soon arrive in Kalistan assuming the role of head of state and that the foreign policy of Kalistan will depend entirely on Lourenne and that the authorities of Erencourt will also have wide influence in internal politics.
We cannot hide the fact that Istalia considers it somewhat strange that Lourenne was ready to set in motion its military forces well before the request for "assistance" by the president of Kalistan. We cannot hide the fact that Italy considers the relations that the government of Lourenne has established with representatives of Kalistan in Erencourt to be somewhat obscure and suspect.
We therefore cannot avoid asking ourselves if it was really a "request for assistance" to secure the integrity and security of Kalistan or if it was indeed a military intervention requested by a rickety government with which internal opposition was crushed and with which certain political interests and political positions have been protected and maintained at the power. And we cannot fail also to consider how Lourenne acted rather in the shadows and above all without informing the Security council of the world congress in any way. We feel that most foundamental principles of international law have been totally disregarded.
During the last sessions of world congress we witnessed and participated in hard clashes on the issue of national sovereignty and above all on the issue of armed interventions conducted without the approval of the Security Council. Representatives of past Istalian governments have clearly defended the principle that such military interventions should be conducted under the aegis of the most important international body in the world and when there are no more possibility to solve issues through diplomacy and this government will not change course and will continue to defend and promote that principle and it is our intention now to begin a debate with the international community and within the security council because it is undeniable that there are many shadows hovering over these events.
Ab3012

PreviousNext

Return to National News