Istalia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Quanzar Telegraph

Postby meritocracy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Long Live the King

A Hessex returned to power as head of state just months ago, and now his hereditary status as King of the Southern Majatran Union and Kingdom of Quanzar has been confirmed upon him and his descendants.Oswald Hessex, now Oswald II, was born to parents Franklin Hessex of Quanzar and Maria Lyria of Solentia. He was one of the very few persons left to claim unbroken male descent to the previous Hessexian King Oswald, and through him to King Edward of long ago. He was also the only claimant to the throne to live his life in Quanzar, as conditions for Hessexians were, if anything, difficult, during the time of the Istalian ascendency.

As the claimant, Oswald Hessex made news several years ago by marrying Princess Veronica of House Trillion, a distant third cousin and daughter of deposed king Marius of Solentia. Should either of Marius sons never have children (and both are in their middle years and still have no legitimate offspring) the couple's children would also have a claim to the throne of Solentia were it ever legally established. This becomes a curious matter as the Kansar family has begun to rise in prominence in Solentia of late, themselves often claiming, though not acting on, their own regal rights within the northern neighbor.

King Oswald II and his wife Katherine.

The coronation was attended by regional leaders, foreign dignitaries, members of the aristocracy, and presided by by the archbishop of the Orthodox Church.
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Wed May 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Royal Heir Born: It's a Boy!
November 3297:

Great celebrations have bene occuring at Castle Lerdriardry, one of the royal estates where Queen Veronica has given birth to a boy, Hedrick. The Royal Press Secretary Fasal Erhu announced that the infant was very healthy, and that his mother was recovering and spending time with her newborn and the King. King Oswald II cancelled a trip to review a newly reopened automobile factory in Messena, as well as to address the House of Burgesses.

Hedrick Hessex, being both the child of the King of Quanzar, and the daughter of the deposed of King of Solentia is both first heir to the Quanzar throne and 3rd in line as pretender to the Solentian Lion Throne. However under the terms of the Quanzar-Solentia Treaty of Amity, when both nations complete ratification, Hedrick's status of claim will be removed, and the Kingdom itself will not honor that of his two uncles. While Quanzar has ratified the treaty, it has stalled within the Solentian Senate with very little comment, leading some to believe Hedrick may well be the "Double Heir" for some time.
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:40 pm

King Mourns Prince Marius

Sources close to the royal palace say that the king has taken the death of former crown prince of Solentia, Marius Trillion II, extremely hard.

"They were tutored together, often in each other's company on long visitations, from what I've heard from their old instructor. It was a strange reversal of fortune that met them in adulthood. Marius II was groomed for life as the next king of Solentia, and Oswald was considering the priesthood. In the end they remained friends,even though the Restorationists.. well this is just my opinion, they never did right by the Trillions." said a long time palace guard who did not wish to be named.

In respect to not getting involved in Solentian politics, the Kingdom did nothing more than make a small statement from their embassy in Halion after the murder, but it's clear the top echelons of government are divided upon the matter.

Political analyst Valentino Remi explains, "The Restorationists never intended Trillion Kingdom 2.0 once they retook power, here. They were glad of the assistance, but once Marius and company arrived en-masse, the Restorationists, and to be fair, I myself am a party member, anyroad, they had a problem. In the end the Belisarius name carried more weight, far more money, and better leadership than anyone else, and the Trillions simply became flotsam and jetsam.

"At the same time, Marius II was a very likeable fellow. Charitable chap, very liberal, and good in front of the camera. When he left to return north of the border, it was to stay I think. It's a slap in the face to the Quanzari government that he was shot within a week and the powers-at-be there simply use it as part of their political witchhunt to find anyone who'd shared a bottle with someone from the old Crown Party. I would say the situation is not tense, but there are some hurt feelings."
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Vanuku Agrees to Join with Quanzar on Swarmfighter Project

November 3304

Proceeding slowly due to the massive expense of the program, the Royal Skyforces leadership was enthused to hear that an arrangement was made between their own government and that of Vanuku to run the Swarmfighter project, or DAF-D as a joint enterprise between the two monarchies.

Artist conception of two DAF-D units in formation.

DAF-D, or Defensive Aerial Fighter Drone, is a program wherein localities regions, or even large ships can be protected with "swarms" of small agile short-range rocket powered drone aircraft. Quanzar first reached out to Solentia with a view to a joint venture on the project when their own budget was found to be too small for the undertaking. With the cooling of relations from Solentia, culminating in Solentia's isolating Quanzar from the planned Continental Highway, Quanzari foreign minister turned elsewhere to another nation they are in a treaty of friendship, Vanuku.

Both nations now have bills in their legislative chambers to accept the development. They are expected to pass.

"We're really looking forward to working with the Vanuku military and scientists on this," General Gravesend stated to a press conference, "This is cutting edge technology that will defend both our nations well."
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Tue May 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Paul II, Duke Belisarius Is Departed

October 3307

The beloved Speaker of the House of Burgesses, Paul II, Duke of Therak, Duke of House Belisarius and leader of the Quanzar Restorationists party for many years, died today at his official residence in Messena after a long illness. He is expected to be succeeded in all roles by his son Godwin, who has already been assisting in many responsibilities.

Paul II was a former Solentian citizen and one of the key decision makers during the collapse of Trilion monarchy. His skill at peacfully integrating the so called "3rd Wave" of immigrants from Solentia, fleeing the democratic mob, with the Southern Majatran Movement already active in what was then still called the Republic of Istaliana, led to the successful peaceful revolution that created the union and kingdom we are all blessed by God to live under today.

An official state funeral will be held in three days time, presided over by Cardinal Ramuneh and His Majesty King Oswald II. The late duke was a devout Theognosian and was a key donator to the recent building of Saint Eustace Cathedral in Lussex, the proposed new capitol.

A major change for the new cabinet, should, as is expected, Godwin succeed his father, is that any future cabinet will be placed at the pleasure of the throne to assemble, surely leading to new unparalelled years of peace and stability under our sovreign's watchful protection.

Subjects are asked to pause today for reflection and prayer.
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Wed May 30, 2012 4:05 pm

King Oswald II Fights Cancer

The nation was stunned today by a statement from Messena Royal Palace announcing the dread news of that our sovreign is suffering from cancer. Respectully we will print his statement in full, here.

"My friend subjects, my household of Quanzar, as it is written in the scriptures in the Epistle to Polyphemus, 'Time and fate befall us all, and it is not to blame Monad nor Sotor of what befalls, verily but to struggle towards the River of Life, our feet firmly on the rocky soil of consciousness, come what may.'

"I have been diagnosed with cancer, of the lungs specifically, and therefore I find myself standing quite near the fabled river an apostle wrote of so long ago. Make no mistake that I am a fighter and always have been. I will not relent to the illness, and, Heaven willing, I will triumph over it. I will, however, be unable to attend many of my daily responsibilities. To that end I appoint my son the Crown Prince Hedrick, to assume my duties where he is able, with my wife, Queen Veronica to help guide him, and my daughter Princess Rowena to make certain everyone stays positive.

"I will be with you in spirit, and hope that you will stay in mine,

"Yours,

"The King."

The Quanzar Telegraph respectfully asks that prayers are offered for the quick recovery of the King.
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm

The King is Dead, Long Live the King

It is with sadness and mourning that the bells of the churches of Quanzar must toll in remembrance to the memory of King Owald II, who was slain by his battle with cancer on this day July 4, 3312. He is survived by his wife Princess Veronica, his son Crown Prince Hedrick and the Princess Rowenna. Oswald II shall always be rememberd for his unifying of the nation after the ouster of the last Isallian regime, ending the ethnic oligarchy and ushering in a new era of prosperity and peace.

His son Hedrick now takes the role of King as already prepared in the act of the order of succession. He arrives to the throne in his minority, and will be watched as regent by his mother Princess Veronica (Trilion-Hessex) until he reaches the age of adulthood. Hedrick attends a private military academy, but shall be tutored privately forthwith.
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Quanzar Abandons Amity Treaty with Solentia, King Hedrick Claims the Lion Throne of Solentia

In a long expected move, a bill expected to pass soon within the House of Burgesses, Quanzar is abandoning the Treaty of Amity between Solentia and Quanzar, as well as expelling foreign permanent residents living within the nation. An open letter was sent to the government of Solentia with grievances listed:

(REF; Ending the farce of the Solentian Amity Treaty http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=349309)
To the Government of the Federeal Republic of Solentia:

It is time to close an agreement which has been one-sided from the start. To this end we are rending our copy of the Solentia-Quanzar treaty of amity in twain, and good riddance to it.

Not once have the foreign ministers of Solentia contacted us. They have refused to work with us on any projects despite the nature of the agreement made with us. They have not even had the courtesy to respond to our request, for years, for any confirmation on concerns and attempts at joint enterprise.

You have deliberately worked towards building an international highway designed to isolate our people. These are not the actions of a friendly nation. It is a shame that things could not work out better.

Therefore, as freed from the fetters of this treaty, we hereby rescind our agreement on the nature of the succession and with the passage of this bill declare that King Hedrick, scion of Queen Veronica and King Oswald II, and grandson of King Marius of Solentia is the true heir of House Trilion, and is worthy of the title of King of Solentia, and the Lion Throne of Calydon. So be it!

By the conclusion of the voting process of this bill all foreigners from Solentia shall be offered visitation visas, but shall be expelled from attempting to continue permanent residency. We expect that your consulate shall notify your citizens of this concern to avoid any unpleasantries.

Sir John Syn
Foreign Minister of the Southern Majatran Union and Kingdom of Quanzar.

Godwin II, Duke Belisarius, Duke of Therak
Speaker of the House of Burgesses of the Southern Majatran Union and Kingdom of Quanzar

Public policy observers were taken by suprise by the rapid Hessexian claim to the Lion Throne, but this may come amid the House of Kansar's own recent claim to the same throne. Whether either nation would attempt to enforce their claim, or how this will affect relations with Telamon remains unknown.
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 am

Swarmfighters In the Mountains

The first operational detachment of Swarmfighter drones used by the Quanzari Air Armada have gone operational this week in key border strongholds in the mountains to the north along the Solentian border. The short ranged autonomous rocketplane fighters are part of a long joint development project "DAF-D" with Vanuku. Vanuku's own version of the Swarmfighter proceeded the Quanzari model with use aboard aircraft carriers. The Quanzar version is powered by a hybrid fuel rocket burning synthetic rubber with nitrous oxide as the oxidizer.
meritocracy

Postby meritocracy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:50 pm

The King Weds Princess Sophia of Kanjor!

In what is certainly the largest media event recent Quanzar history, as well as the most lavish wedding, His Majesty King Hedrick has wed Princess Sophia, daughter of Her Majesty Empress Juliette of Canrille.

The arrangements for the marriage were worked out between the advisors to both thrones, with Quanzari officials of the government very pleased.

"She's a lovely soul from a devout Theognosian family, and really, one could not hope for a person of more kind and noble disposition to make her home here in the great southern land." said Duke Belisarius, "The people of Quanzar welcome her with open arms, and wish her well. All hail Princess Sophia!"

The marriage does not entail a merger of House Hessex and House d'Orleans et Vassar, but is the first marriage between the two dynasties, and perhaps a sign of the comraderie between the two Theognosian monarchies.
meritocracy

PreviousNext

Return to National News