Istalia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Corriere d'Istalia

Postby carolinerelia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 pm

Caesar Antonio Zeppeli: Yes, I can be king just because I am beautiful, rich and young!
The leader of the Partito Monarchico strongly repiled to LP leader Francesco di Nacosia-Rohan. However he seem to be happy that he's taken seriously
Some may call me excentric, but at least I haven't outlived my time unlike some of the more established Istalian politicians. Additionaly Istalian people and political analysts support my program. As was seen in the elections we are one of the most popular party today. In conclusion, Francesco di Nacosia-Rohan is just fake news. Not going to discus that old clown anymore. Oh, didn't mind old. I've meant TIRED.

Further he talked of lack of morality in Istalia:
Only my party, Nazionalists of Istalia and Demohosians know the way of morality. Decades of vacuum in ethics disillusioned me and voters about what is really right and wrong.
carolinerelia

Postby Axxell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 am

NUOVI ORIZZONTI
Organo stampa ufficiale di Libertà e Progresso

Di Nacosia-Rohan risponde alle critiche di Zeppeli: "Comportamento infantile e soprattutto ipocrita per chi vuole far regredire di secoli il Paese!

ROMULA - Non si è fatta attendere a lungo la reazione del Leader di Libertà e Progresso alle recenti dichiarazioni di Caesar Zeppeli, ed è attraverso le pagine dell'organo stampa ufficiale del Partito che Francesco di Nacosia-Rohan ha risposto al leader del Partito Monarchico:

E quello dovrebbe essere uno dei leader d'Istalia del futuro? Un bambino che scade nell'usare triviali fotomontaggi per screditare gli oppositori e che non ha vergogna a definire "pagliacci". La politica Istaliana deve essere caduta veramente in basso per assistere a simili spettacoli. E quel tizio vorrebbe proporsi come "Re d'Istalia"? Ah... e chi vorrebbe un bambino capriccioso e maleducato come Sovrano di questa nazione? Una persona che sembra molto più interessata a rendersi ridicolo che a mostrarsi come una persona e soprattutto un politico maturo e posato. Quale figura farebbe fare al Paese un simile personaggio se non quella di ridicolizzare l'intera nazione?
E poi, parla di spazzare via il "vecchiume" per far spazio ai giovani? E come? Proponendo di far regredire il Paese di secoli? Proponendo di autorizzare i duelli per regolare i propri conti come accadeva millenni fa durante le epoche oscure? Oppure proponendo di reintrodurre la pena di morte demolendo l'elevato ed avanzato grado di civilizzazione del Paese?
Una volta i giovani erano coloro che volevano rompere le regole della società, non farla scadere nell'anarchia della violenza e dell'omicidio legalizzato! Una volta i giovani combattevano le imposizioni morali di bigotti e le regole imposte da establishment ed istituzioni, combattevano contro chi voleva dirgli cosa fosse giusto e cosa sbagliato! Di certo non cercavano di reintrodurre anacronistiche limitazioni alle libertà fondamentali dei nostri cittadini!
Qui l'unico che sta mostrando di essere un "pagliaccio" è proprio questo Zappeli, la sua ipocrisia e la sua triste convinzione di aver la verità nel pugno della mano!

NUOVI ORIZZONTI
The Official Press of Liberty and Progress

Di Nacosia-Rohan responds to Zeppeli's criticisms: "Infant behavior and above all hypocritical for someone who wants to make the country regress for centuries!

ROMULA - The reaction of the Leader of Liberty and Progress to the recent statements by Caesar Zeppeli has not been long awaited, and it is through the pages of the official press organ of the Party that Francesco di Nacosia-Rohan has replied to the leader of the Monarchist Party:

And this person should be one of the future leaders of Istalia? A child who get in using trivial photomontages to discredit opponents and who is not ashamed to call them "clowns". The Istalian policy must have fallen really low to witness such shows. And that guy would like to propose himself as "King of Istalia"? Ah... and who would want a capricious and rude child as a sovereign of this nation? A person who seems much more interested in making himself ridiculous than to show himself as a person and above all a mature politician. What would we want the country looks like with a similar personage which can only but ridicule the entire nation?
And then, do you talk about wiping out the "old man" to make room for young people? And how? Proposing to reverse the country of centuries? Proposing to authorize duels to settle their issues as they did millennia ago during the dark ages? Or proposing to reintroduce the death penalty by demolishing the high and advanced degree of civilization of the country?
Once upon a time young people were those who wanted to break the rules of society, not let it fall in the anarchy of legalized violence and murder! Once the youngs fought the moral impositions of bigots and the rules imposed by establishments and institutions, they fought against those who wanted to tell them what was right and what was wrong! Certainly they did not try to reintroduce anachronistic limitations to the fundamental freedoms of our citizens!
Here the only one who is showing to be a "clown" is precisely Zappeli, his hypocrisy and his sad belief that he has the truth in the fist of his hand!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby carolinerelia » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Leader of Partito Monarchico Istalia once again replied to leader of LP Di Nacosia-Rohan
Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli:[quote] I didn't want to continue this conversation, but I don't have choice, old men who understand nothing in policy still try to discredit me. Liberals call me immoral just because I have offered the death penalty for terrorists. Really immorally to take away life from the one who could take away it from hundreds of the innocent only one action.
Also I am reproached that earlier the youth didn't allow to collapse to the country, and now I am going to destroy system. I only want to bring new orders which people want. The truth is - thousands of people want to support my regime. I am clever and rich, I have a lucid mind full of the new ideas. If it isn't enough for the real king? I doubt what standards for the governor the leader of LP wants to establish.
I am not going to be got involved in meaningless discussion any more, people will make a choice. If you have nothing to offer, except as permission of bestiality, then just it is better for you to give way to those who know the business (us). Hail the new flag of future Istalia
carolinerelia

Postby TheUnicorn. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 pm

CARTUCCI: I'LL RESIGN IF I WON'T BE ABLE TO FORM A COALITION

The leader of the Democrats, Saul Cartucci, and a serious contender for the position of Prime Minister of Istalia announced that he will resign from the leadership of his party if he won't be able to form a cabinet this term during a press briefing held this Friday.

My main task, the one that my voters charged me with, was to form a coalition that could rule Istalia and return it to its economically liberal self. However, I am having big difficulties with it, as you can notice. I consider that as something negative. And, if I won't be able to change the state of things before the end of this term of the parliament, I will have to consider it as a failure. And as I don't want to fail the people that supported me and my party in the election for so many years, I will have to work my ass off, I swear!

If that would be the case, it would mean that, although the rule had been taken down, the party would still be void of a leader that would serve more than two terms (Mile's second term lasted five years). Another reason for Cartucci not running in 4335 would be the fact that he would be 73.
However, a likely candidate to finally inherit the party would be Hugo Vespa-Baldassare, the party's long-term vice leader. If he would take the position in the next election, he would do so during the peak age for a politician, as he'd be 40 at the time.
Borgersammenføring - Citizens' Rally
TheUnicorn.

Postby Axxell » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Istalian Edition
Nasce la coalizione di centro-sinistra "Altra Istalia"
LP, DHI e PPI si uniscono in una coalizione per fronteggiare le destra capitalista e difendere le riforme sociali

ROMULA - A seguito del passaggio dell'ampio pacchetto di riforme socio-economiche approvato dai partiti della destra economica, infine, dopo anni di dibattiti, scontri, rotture e riconciliazioni, le dirigenze di Libertà e Progresso e dei Democratici Hosiani Istaliani hanno deciso di concretizzare formalmente la Coalizione di Centro-Sinistra "Altra Istalia" alla quale, invitato dai LineralProgressisti, si è subito unito anche il Partito Popolare Istaliano, la formazione di sinistra recentemente apparsa sulla scena politica.

I Leader dei partiti coalizati hanno dichiarato che il cuore del programma politico della Coalizione saranno le riforme socio-economiche e dunque la difesa del Welfare nazionale.
Una coalizione incentrata su temi economici dunque e in pratica costruita sul lascito del Presidente Romulani, sotto il quale LP e DHI avevano presemtato ed approvato il più ampio programma di riforme delle ultime decadi, una rottura definitiva di oltre un secolo di paradigma liberista dominante in Istalia.
Riforme che sono state dunque pesantemente intaccate durante l'attuale legislatura grazie all'accordo dei partiti liberali di destra nonostante il mancato accordo per la formazione di un Governo.

La Coalizione, comunque, come già sottolineato, si basa sulle posizioni sociali dei tre partiti i quali, però, divergono sostanzialmente sul piano dei temi civili e morali, sui quali molti analistiti prevedono duri scontri e seri pericoli per la sopravvivenza della Coalizione. DHI, infatti, ha di recente appoggiato diversi provvedimenti in senso restrittivo proposti dagli ultra-conservatori del Partito Monarchico, in particolar modo la legge sulla pena di morte, rigettata a larga maggioranza ma che aveva visto i Demohosiani, come detto, accanto agli uomini di Zeppeli.
I membri della coalizione dovranno dunque riuscire a convivere con le forti divergenze sui temi morali ed eccerto che da tutte le posizioni giungeranno richieste di astensione di iniziativa e di voto su precisi provvedimenti. Quel che è da vedere è chi riuscirà a strappare maggiori concessioni, anche se in questi casi la storia ha sempre visto le pozioni più moderate avere la meglio.

Attualmente, però, i leader dei tre partiti membri si sono mostrati entusiasti ed uniti, presemtando lo slogan della Coalizione per le prossime elezioni:
"Più forti insieme, più forte l'Istalia"
Luthorian Edition
The center-left coalition "Another Istalia" is born
LP, DHI and PPI together into a coalition to face the capitalist Right and defend the social reforms

ROMULA - Following the passage of the broad package of socio-economic reforms approved by the parties of the economic right, finally, after years of debates, clashes, ruptures and reconciliations, the leaderships of Liberty and Progress and the Istalian Hosiani Democrats established an agreement to formally realize the Center-Left Coalition "Altra Istalia", joined also by the Istalian People's Party, the left wing formation recently appeared on the political scene, invited by the Liberal Progressives.

The leaders of the coalition parties declared that the heart of the Coalition's political program will be socio-economic reforms and therefore the defense of national welfare.
A coalition focused on economic issues and actually built on the legacy of President Romulani, under which LP and DHI had proposed and approved the broader program of reforms of the last decades, a definitive rupture with over a century of dominant liberist paradigm in Istalia.
Reforms that have therefore been heavily undermined during the current legislature thanks to the agreement of the liberal right parties despite the lack of agreement for the formation of a government.

The Coalition, however, as already underlined, is based on the social positions of the three parties, which, however, diverge substantially in terms of civil and moral issues, on which many analysts expect heavy clashes and serious dangers for the survival of the Coalition. DHI, in fact, has recently supported several restrictive measures proposed by the ultra-conservatives of the Monarchist Party, in particular the law on the death penalty, rejected by a large majority but which had seen the Demohosians, as mentioned, alongside the men of Zeppeli.
The members of the coalition must therefore be able to live with the strong differences on moral issues and it's sure that from all positions will come requests for abstention from legislative initiative and vote on specific measures. What we have to see is who will be able to gain more concessions, even if in these cases history has always seen the most moderate potions have the best.

At the moment, however, the leaders of the three member parties showed themself to be enthusiastic and united, presenting together the Coalition's slogan for the next elections:
"Stronger together, stronger Istalia"
Last edited by Axxell on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Axxell

Postby Axxell » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:58 pm

ImageECONOMIA OGGI
Le colonne del Corriere d'Istalia dedicate all'economica del Paese
ECONOMY TODAY
The columns of the Corriere d'Istalia dedicated to the economy of the Country

Enist pronta ad investire in Valruzia mentre l'Istaliana Estal e la Vanukeana Pecnék fondano una joint-venture per la produzione di veicoli ibridi ed elettrici

Enist ready to invest in Valruzia while Istalian Estal and Vanukean Pecnék set up a joint-venture for the production of hybrid and electric vehicles and engines

Istaliano
Il recente caso scoppiato tra la compagnia petrolifera di Stato Kazuliana e quella Valruziana, ha rivolto l'attenzione della stampa specializata sulla dinamica economia nord seleyana che ormai da decenni sta crescendo velocemente e con costanza, pronta probabilmente a divenire, se non lo è già, tra le prime potenze economiche del continente.

Alla luce delle recenti notizie e del vivo interesse, il Presidente di Enist Enzo De Michelis ha annunciato che l'Amministratore Delegato Ettore Marchetti ha ufficialmente avviato di fronte al Ministero del Commercio e dell'Industria di Valruzia le procedure per richiedere la necessaria approvazione per poter operare sul mercato Valruziano.
Ci si aspetta quindi un accordo con la Compagnia Petrolifera di Stato Valruziana per poter avviare le operazioni industriali nel settore degli idrocarburi.
La recente decisione del Governo Valruziano di iniziare un programma di semplificazioni degli investimenti esteri ha rafforzato la fiducia della dirigenza del Colosso Istaliano, che vorrebbe avviare sia operazioni di sondaggio ed estrazione ma anche impiantare in Valruzia la sua catena estera di stazioni di distribuzione di carburante, la "EnH -Enist Hydrocarburs".

Enist, inoltre, è pronta a presentarsi al Governo Valruziano anche attraverso la sua sussidiaria internazionale "Enist GreeTech Ltd". La GreenTech, già da molte decadi presente nei mercati seleyani, soprattutto in Baltusia dove, ricordiamo, ha avviato tra i più aveneristici ed imponenti progetti nel campo delle energie rinnovabili, da circa un decennio ha assunto anche il ruolo di esportatore commerciale dell'avanzato e rivoluzionario Reattore a Sali Fusi di Torio (LFTR design) sviluppato attraverso una cooperazione industriale e tecnologica tra Istalia e Malivia.

In Majatra, invece, restando in tema di tecnologie environment-friendly, le due principali aziende automobilistiche Istaliana e Vanukeana, Estal e Pecnék, hanno raggiunto un accordo per la creazione di una joint-venture internazionale per la produzione e commercializzazione di veicoli commerciali ed industriali elettrici ed ibridi. Soono state annunciate diverse linee di produzione: una linea dedicata alle automobili, una a mezzi commerciali, dai furgoni a mezzi pesanti autostradali, e quindi una linea dedicata a mezzi d'opera di vario genere.
Questo tipo di veicoli sarà richiesto in particolare dall'industria per ridurre il costo dei carburanti per le loro attività. Un settore che si prevede in futuro crescerà a causa alla limitata disponibilità delle risorse di Hydrocarbur e che attira anche molte persone interessate dall'impatto ambientale delle attività umane.

Image Image

Le due compagnie hanno firmato il documento di intesa preliminare, ma per avviare definitivamente la compagnia e la produzione, entrambe le aziende aspetteranno la firma dei trattati si intesa tra le due Grandi Potenze Majatrane, processo che sta prendendo un certo ritardato a causa di impegni domestici del Governo Vanukeano (fonti non confermate parlano di preoccupazioni di ordine pubblico e sociali dovuti all'attività di un movimento politico di estrema sinistra).
Il Governo Istaliano al riguardo aveva già confermato alla Stampa che l'Istaliaha sempre mantenuto contatti costanti con Vanuku ma che il processo sta prendendo del tempo a causa dei molti punti da appianare negli accordi tra le due nazioni, divise da inimicizia e rivalità almeno da due secoli, dunque tempistiche che entrambe le nazioni in parte comunque si aspettavano.

Luthorian
The recent case that broke out between the Kazulian and Valruzian State Oil companies has turned the attention of the specialized press on the dynamic northern Seleyana economy which for decades has been growing fast and steadily, probably ready to become, if it is not yet now, among the first economic powers of the continent.

In light of recent news and lively interest, Enist President Enzo De Michelis announced that the Chief Executive Officer Ettore Marchetti has officially initiated the procedures to request the necessary approval from the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Valruzia in order to be able to operate on the Valruzian market.
We therefore expect an agreement with the Valruzian state oil company to start industrial operations in the hydrocarbon sector.
The recent decision by the Valruzian Government to start a program to simplify foreign investments has strengthened the trust of the management of the Istalian Oil Giant, which would like to start both probing and extraction operations but also to establish its foreign chain of fuel distribution stations in Valruzia, "EnH - Enist Hydrocarburs".

Furthermore, Enist is ready to present itself to the Valruzian Government also through its international subsidiary "Enist GreeTech Ltd". GreenTech, already for a long time active on the Seleyan markets, especially in Baltusia where, we recall, has started among the most groundbreaking and impressive projects in the field of renewable energy, for about a decade has also assumed the role of commercial exporter of the advanced and revolutionary Torium based melted salt reactor (LFTR design) developed through an industrial and technological international cooperation between Istalia and Malivia.

In Majatra, instead, remaining on the subject of environment-friendly technologies, the two main Istalian and Vanukean automotive companies, Estal and Pecnék, have reached an agreement for the creation of an international joint-venture for the production and commercialization of electric and hybrid commercial and industrial vehicles. Several production lines have been announced: a line dedicated to cars, one to commercial vehicles, from vans to heavy-trucks, and therefore a line dedicated to various types of work vehicles.
Such kind of vehicles will be requested especially from the industry to cut the cost of the fuels for their activities. A sector which is expected in the future to grow due to the limited ammount of the Hydrocarbur resources and which is attracting also many people concerned by the environment impact of the human activities.
The two companies have signed the preliminary agreement document, but in order to definitively start the company and the production, both companies will wait for the signing of the treaties between the two Majatrane Great Powers, a process that is taking some delay due to domestic commitments of the Vanukean Government (unconfirmed sources speak of public and social concerns due to the activity of an extreme leftist political movement).
The Istalian Government in this regard had already confirmed to the Press that Istalia has always maintained constant contacts with Vanuku but that the process is taking some time because of the many points to be settled in the agreements between the two nations, divided by enmity and rivalries by at least two centuries, then times that both nations in part still expected.
Axxell

Postby TheUnicorn. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm

PRIME MINISTER CARTUCCI ANNOUNCES THE FORMATION OF THE "FEDERAZIONE DELLA LIBERTA"
VESPA-BALDASSARE GETS RELOCATED TO LEAD THE ALLIANCE

A bitter rivalry is starting between Vespa-Baldassare and Cartuucci, who will win the confrontation?

The General Secretary of the Democrats and Prime Minister, Saul Cartucci, announced in a press briefing that his party is forming an inter-party alliance, a supposed counterforce to the movement created by the left wing parties, "Altra Istalia".

this coalition, however, is supposed to be one formed around the centre of the political spectrum, with the ULD leading it. It will even have its own leader, a president. And that president, as decided by the ULD leadership, will be the minister of finance, Hugo Vespa-Baldassare. The politician already announced his resignation from the position of the party leader in the parliament, due to his ministerial position and his new role, however, he and the party leadership announced that he will most likely retain his Vice-Secretary position within the party.

The man, now known for his multi-tasking, will apparently try to invite other parties to join the coalition, most likely the CdF and, if the party is to change, as he said, the PNI, as he still hopes that his brother, Paolo, the current minister of internal affairs, will replace Gomez and drag the party closer to the center.

The minister of finance announced his intent to challenge Cartucci in 4335

However, it is also seen as a potential effort of Cartucci's to remove Vespa-Baldassare from the spotlight and a good position to take over as the ULD leader, as he just announced that he will run for leadership, after eight years of delay.
Borgersammenføring - Citizens' Rally
TheUnicorn.

Postby Masionette9 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:02 am

Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby Axxell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Istalian Edition
Altra Istalia fa il botto ma sfiora la maggioranza!
Un ottimo risultato per la coalizione di centro-sinistra anche se la Presidenza resta in mano a Gomez e si dovrà negoziare, soddisfazione "personale" per di Nacosia-Rohan: "ottimo risultato, basta guardare poi dove sono finiti i monarchici!"
Leaders of Altra Istalia learn about the outcome of the 4334 elections

ROMULA - Risultati entusiasmanti ma che lasciano comunque l'amaro in bocca per la prima coalizione della nazione: questo il risultato delle elezioni 4334 che vedono Democratici Hosiani e Libertà e Progresso divenire rispettivamente primo e secondo partito mentre il Partito Popolare resta stabile al quarto poco distante da LP e da Coalizione del Futuro.
Crollano invece l'Unione dei Liberal Democratici ed il Partito Monarchico, precedentemente primo e secondo partito mentre ora si attestano agli ultimi posti con rispettivamente 73 e 69 seggi.

Come detto, le elezioni hanno lasciato l'amaro in bocca alla Coalizione Altra Istalia poiché, nonostante l'ottimo risultato, la maggioranza (318 seggi) è stata soltanto sfiorata: i tre partiti membri di A.I. arrivano a 313 seggi e ciò costringerà la leadership di DHI, Amelio De Vincentis, che sarà probabilmente chiamato dal re-eletto Presidente Gomez a formare un Governo, ad iniziare negoziazioni con gli altri partiti. Secondo gli esperti i primo e più probabile partner di Altra Istalia al quale si avvicinerà De Vincentis sarà Coalizione del Futuro. Ciò comunque costringerà tutta la coalizione a rivedere sensibilmente tutti i programmi di Governo proposti durante la campagna elettorale, troppo a sinistra per i centristi di CdF. De Vincentis ha comunque dichiarato di essere fiducioso nell'esito delle negoziazioni e che spera di poter offrire al Presidente una maggioranza prima della fine dell'anno.

Come detto Gomez è stato riconfermato alla Presidenza, ma con un sostanziale calo rispetto alle precedenti elezioni: la vittoria al secondo turno della precedente tornata elettorale lo ha visto prevalere con oltre il 58% dei voti, ma stavolta Gomez la spunta con il 51.26% delle preferenze, con poco margine di distacco dunque dal candidato Presidente di Altra Istalia, il leader di Libertà e Progresso Francesco di Nacosia-Rohan che, nonostante la delusione per la Presidenza sfiorata per un pelo e la maggioranza sfiorata in parlamento, ha espresso estrema soddisfazione per il risultato globale della Coalizione ma soprattutto per il calo di consensi per Gomez e per il pessimo risultato riportato dai monarchici:

Ora dovremo lavorare per trovare un terreno di incontro con i possibili alleati e dunque formare un Governo. Certo, abbiamo sfiorato sia la Presidenza che la maggioranza, ma il risultato complessivo è stato ottimo! Gomez dal 60% dei consensi si ritrova ora poco più della metà, un chiaro segno secondo me della paura dell'elettorato per le sue dichiarazione pre-elettorali riguardo l'intenzione di continuare a lavorare per una Istalexit dall'Alleanza Majatrana. È per questo che il mio partito, e spero anche gli altri membri di Altra Istalia, vogliono spingere per continuare a lavorare sulla "proposta di riserva" di Gomez riguardo l'Alleanza, ovvero una Carta dei Principi Fondamentali che porrà requisiti concreti e ben precisi ai membri dell'Alleanza ed ai possibili candidati, richiedendo il rispetto dei valori base di Democrazia, Pluralismo e dello Stato di Diritto.
Ma credo che dobbiamo essere soddisfatti anche per un altro risultato di queste elezioni, almeno io ne sono estremamente soddisfatto: il crollo dei monarchici! Il loro leader durante la scorsa legislatura si è mostrato per quello che è, un ragazzino fanatico ed esibizionista che non ha dato alcuna fiducia alla cittadinanza, mentre in Parlamento hanno semplicemente terrorizzato i nostri cittadini amanti della libertà e della tolleranza con le loro proposte gargantuesche su tortura, punizioni corporali, pena di morte ed altre inaccettabili restrizioni della libertà dei nostri cittadini.
Ancora una volta gli Istaliani hanno dimostrato di essere un popolo intelligente ed progredito e che soprattutto ha sempre lottato per la libertà e contro oscurantistici usi e costumi! Questa è l'Istalia che volevo vedere, grazie Istalia, grazie a tutti gli Istaliani!

Luthorian Edition
Another Istalia blow but only narrowly grazed the majority!
An excellent result for the center-left coalition even if the Presidency remains in Gomez's hands and there will be to negotiate, "personal" satisfaction for di Nacosia-Rohan: "excellent result, just look where the monarchists are now!"

ROMULA - Exciting results but which left a sour taste for the first coalition of the nation: this is the result of the 4334 elections that see Hosian Democrats and Liberty and Progress become first and second party respectively while the People's Party remains stable at the fourth position not far from LP and Coalition of the Future.
On the contrary, the Union of Liberal Democrats and the Monarchist Party, formerly the first and second party, are falling and now they are at the last places with respectively 73 and 69 seats.

As mentioned, the elections have left a bitter taste in the mouth of Another Istalia's Coalition because, despite the excellent result, the majority (318 seats) has only been grazed: the three parties members of A.I. reach 313 seats and this will force the leadership of DHI, Amelio De Vincentis, who will probably be called by the re-elected President Gomez to form a Government, to start negotiations with other parties. According to experts, the first and most probable partner of Altra Istalia to which De Vincentis will approach will be Coalition of the Future. However, this will force the whole coalition to significantly review all the government programs proposed during the election campaign, too much leftist for the centrists of CdF. However, De Vincentis declared that he was confident in the outcome of the negotiations and that he hopes to be able to offer the President a majority before the end of the year.

As said, Gomez has been reconfirmed to the Presidency, but with a substantial drop compared to the previous elections: the victory in the second round of the previous election saw him prevail with over 58% of the votes, but this time Gomez ticks with 51.26% of the preferences, with little margin of separation from the candidate President of Altra Istalia, the leader of Liberty and Progress Francesco di Nacosia-Rohan who, despite the disappointment for the Presidency and the missed majority into the Parliament, has expressed extreme satisfaction for the overall result of the Coalition but above all for the drop in consensus for Gomez and for the bad result reported by the monarchists:

Now we will have to work to find a common ground for possible allies and thus to form a government. Of course, we have grazed both the Presidency and the majority, but the overall result was excellent! Gomez from almost 60% of the consensus is now just over half, a clear sign in my opinion of the fear of the electorate for his pre-election statements about the intention to continue working for an Istalexit by the Majatrana Alliance. This is why my party, and I hope also the other members of Altra Istalia, wants to push to continue working on the "reserve proposal" of Gomez about the Alliance, namely a Charter of Fundamental Principles that will pose concrete and precise requirements to the members of the Alliance and to possible candidates, requesting respect for the basic values ​​of Democracy, Pluralism and the Rule of Law, infringements of which values from some members in the previous decades that disappointed particularly Gomez.
But I think we must also be satisfied with another result of these elections, at least I am extremely satisfied: the collapse of the monarchists! Their leader during the last legislature showed himself for what he is: a fanatic and exhibitionist kid who did not give any confidence to citizenship, while in Parliament they simply terrorized our freedom and tolerance lover citizens with their gargantuan proposals on torture, corporal punishment, death penalty and other unacceptable restrictions of our citizens' liberty.
Once again the Istalians have proved to be an intelligent and advanced people and that above all they have always struggled for freedom and against obscurantistic habits and customs! This is the Istalia that I wanted to see, thanks to Istalia, thanks to all the Istaliani!
Axxell

Postby 13ShinyTie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Marco Gomez claims to have everything "under control" following re-election despite losing large majority!
PNI Vice Leader Paolo Vespa Baldassare unhappy with the current "lax" PNI

President Marco Gomez in front of his personal Trivenditan home, where he followed the elections with his local campaign staff as PNI has always been struggling in this northern region

Following the crucial elections, where the left forces have clearly gained votes, the right should seem astonished, however, the PNI Leader and President Marco Gomez is confident:
It is sad that our current main allies ULD and the Monarchists have lost so many votes, but on the other hand we still have the majority, the PNI/PNP has gained five seats improving on average its position in every region and I am still here.
I have told my electorate that I am staying for as long as they want me to, and at the moment the major Istalian project transcends parties, namely the MA Fundamental Principles, of which there is now finally a preliminary draft! I am still strongly of the position that the MA is weighing us down, and that an Istalexit is by far the superior option. However, I cannot ignore the PNP's calls for remain, nor can I ignore my fantastic vice leader Paolo, who is the strongest remainer I have ever seen. Hence, the option of a national referendum remains, but only should the MA proposal fail. I believe, as 51 percent still voted for me, that the majority of Istalians share my sentiments. However, I simply cannot ignore the other 49%
or the Prime Minister.

The PNI Vice Leader, and Minister of Internal Affairs Paolo Vespa-Baldassare, from the PNI Headquarter in Palerno on Vialle della Repubblica 2, has a different perspective on the situation. He believes that the PNI cannot continue like that, as otherwise:
Istalian conservatism is going to die, it is either going to take its extreme form of the monarchists, which is dying too as it seems, or the liberals are going to completely obliterate us and the 'complete freedom' as described recently by a great sociologist is going to wipe us from existence!

Mr Vespa-Baldassare believes in three things at this moment:
Firstly, the MA proposal for which we managed to sway my friend Gomez IS going to be the greatest reform this continent has ever seen;
Secondly, the economic reform was a great success, which not only brought votes for us violet parliamentarians but is a signal of a return of the economic right. I believe that we should build on that and the PNI/PNP should transform into a legitimately libertarian-conservative party, which believes in the freedom of the individual under the condition that you can not harm yourself or others, and which believes in Istalia first, but the world also first and this must include the environment, which we have neglected a little;
Thirdly, and very importantly, the other right parties should pull together and we will take Istalia by storm! I believe my brother Hugo would be a great ULD leader and I can imagine that many of the ULD electorates moved on because my brother was pushed away by a slightly less charismatic figure. I do not mean any disrespect, just stating what I see. The modern, young right is very powerful, and this Altra Istalia will soon see!

PNI Vice Leader, Minister of Internal Affairs, Paolo Vespa Baldassare commenting on the election results from the PNI HQ in Palerno
Nazionale, Official Press of the Alternativa Istaliana (Istalian Alternative; AI)
13ShinyTie

PreviousNext

Return to National News