Istalia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Quanzar and Alaria/Istalia

Postby XanderOne » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:15 pm

Istalian crisis of the '60: a difficult recovery
The crisis has also affected the political world, the two government parties have dissolved under the blows of discontent for the missed hoped recovery: Luca Cherubini, still at the government, however, is ready to reform his party

16 January 5269

ROMULA - Although the measures put in place by the government have done a lot to buffer the effects of the crisis that has hit the country, several missed and delayed trade agreements with foreign countries and repeated backlashes of the crisis have not allowed the economy to undertake the recovery desired by the government.

For two elections in a row, the Istalians have continued to confirm their trust in Luca Cherubini and in the AN-FN coalition, but for many months now the situation has changed and large street demonstrations have inflamed the country. The two governing parties, AN and FN have been overwhelmed by accusations of all kinds, about the crisis as well as the prolonged presence (some would say occupation) of almost half of Solentia. Finally both, shattered by mounting internal ruptures between members, currents and factions, have announced the dissolution.

The opposition, however, does not seem to have been able to express a leadership capable of replacing Luca Cherubini and his now more than ten-year old government, and with the country overwhelmed by the demonstrations and whose political world has revealed itself to be in a state of decadence and apathety, unable to give new and necessary answers to the population, Emperor Nicola Alessandro II finally intervened after long consultations with the other highest offices of state, inviting Prime Minister Cherubini to remain in government leading the country until the next elections.

The Prime Minister, for his part, has assured the Emperor, as well as the President of the Chamber of Deputies, that he is ready to reorganize his party to compete in the next elections, thus assuring the electorate that the new party to come is ready to shake the immobilism that has enchained the Istalian politics.
XanderOne

Postby TRA » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:44 pm

Signed by the ghost of the 2300s, GreekIdiot.
TRA

Postby Ab3012 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:43 pm

THE GOVERNMENT WANTS MAKE THE NATION RESTART: MASSIVE INVESTMENTS FOR THE UPGRADING AND EXPANSION OF THE WHOLE ROAD AND RAIL SYSTEMS AND FOR A NATIONWIDE SOCIAL HOUSING PLAN

July 5277

The government approved few months ago the new provision to put in place and fund a massive investments plan to upgrade and expande the whole road and wail systems and for a nationwide social housing plan.
Prime Minister Giorgia De Magistris presented this massive plan of public works with the goal to make the nation restart beginning from the construction sector.
In the coming years massive construction sites will be opened throughout the country and as announced the renovation and expansion works will concern the major communication routes as well as local and secondary roads and railways. Responsibility for these works will be divided between the federal government and local authorities but the federal government will clearly take care of the major highways and the national high-speed rail network but the funds for the whole works will be guaranteed by the central government.
As far as the social housing plan is concerned in this case the central government will distribute the funds but it will be the responsibility of the local authorities to carry on the works.
The works will also be focused in reducing the environmental impact of the infrastructures and in the cities the works will go to re-evaluate those neighborhoods negatively affected by the presence of particularly bulky and unhealthy infrastructures (such as the flyover highway overpasses complex that affects one of the most populous neighborhoods on the outskirts of Romula and which literally run between one building and another with serious health effects on the population).
Prime Minister De Magistris assured the press that the investments will have positive repercussions for the economy and will create thousands of new jobs. The Prime Minister hopes that this project will definitively bring the country out of the long crisis it has had to face in recent years and also announced in view of the next elections that he intends to put in place new ambitious initiatives for the country thus summarizing an idea that surprised many journalists:

I think that for too long we have been subjugated by the paradigm of the obsession with growth and production. I think the time has come to focus instead on the well-being and happiness of our citizens. I would like to commit myself to trying to change this paradigm and encourage the adoption of new parameters that do not measure only economic factors and therefore encourage the adoption of policies that are also focused on those indicators and not only on production and growth and that can therefore promote less individualistic and more cooperative and supportive policies that look first at the well-being of the people. We must care of their happy Ness and quality of life that doesn't correspond just to money and materialistic possession.
Ab3012

Postby TRA » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:01 pm

TRA

Postby TRA » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:06 pm

TRA

Postby Aethan » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:52 am

A new party for Istalia
Forza G is born from the hand of the astrophysicist Estella L'Agnese, who aspires to shake "the whole political system".

General Secretary of Forza G Estella L'Agnese speaking to people in one of the main squares of Romula

"Help us restore true democracy."
With these words, Estella L'Agnese stood in the middle of the large square of Romula to attract the attention of passers-by. Next to her, several people, men and women, were handing out information leaflets telling of the imminent launch of a new political party, called "Forza G". The name is no coincidence, since its founder is none other than the astrophysicist Estella L'Agnese, a worker at the Istalian Space Agency. The name, which refers to the force that gravity exerts on bodies - and that rockets must overcome in order to be launched into space - was chosen by Mrs. L'Agnese precisely for this reason, to refer to "the force that must be overcome" in order to change the political landscape in Istalia.

In the information leaflets, in addition to the logo of this new party - a chess pawn crowned by a laurel wreath which, according to the founders of the party, refers to the will to give power to the sovereign people - the main ideological lines on which they will be based are mentioned, speaking of Civil republicanism, Republican parliamentarism, Participatory democracy and Economic nationalism, among other issues.

As more and more people stop in the square to listen to the speaker, Mrs. L'Agnese gradually unpacks the ideas she wants to take to the Istalian parliament, for which she asks for the vote of those gathered there.

"Only with your help will we be able to bring our demands to parliament and finally make our voices heard."

One of the most distinctive points of this new party is what they define as "republican parliamentarism", with which they intend to reform the entire political system. According to Mrs. L'Agnese's explanation, the idea is to abolish the institution of the Monarchy for considering it "outdated" and not adapted to the new times. But in addition to this, they also intend to abolish the figure of the government, since their idea is that the Parliament, which they call the "seat of popular sovereignty", should be both legislative and executive power, by concentrating in it various committees that would perform the functions of the Ministries, and with another committee that would be in charge of the functions of Head of State and Head of Government.

In addition to this, they intend to establish a tradition of holding referendums on important matters, since the party considers that the will of the people "cannot be limited only to voting every few years for the representatives of the people", and they also advocate the creation of a sort of parliamentary chamber whose members would be chosen completely at random among the entire Istalian population of legal age, which would be in charge of collecting proposals from the citizens to present them to Parliament.

There is still more than a year to go before the next elections in Istalia, but it remains to be seen how the other political parties will react to the appearance of this new force, whose popular support is not yet known.

Logo of Forza G
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Aethan » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:59 am

"We don't want to be assigned into an ideological bloc"
Interview with Ciriaco Socci, spokesperson for Forza G and candidate to the government of the Federal Community of Alaria

It is not long before we reach the halfway point of the legislature, but Forza G is already warming up its engines to try to get representation in the next elections. We had the opportunity to conduct an interview with Ciriaco Socci, spokesman for Forza G at national level, archaeologist by profession and candidate to preside the government of what he always calls "Alarian Republic".

Interviewer: Thank you very much for accepting this interview, Mr. Socci.

Ciriaco Socci: Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to make our project known to the citizens.

I: What is it that made you take the step to enter politics now, hand in hand with Forza G?

C.S: Until now, I must confess that I have been an abstentionist in every election since I can remember. I love history, and I regret not having been able to vote for the Popular Front of Alaria. The political parties we currently have, with the exception now of Forza G, did not meet my political expectations. Fortunately, that has changed. From the moment I learned about this political project, I wanted to commit myself to it. And now we are here.

I: So far, all the top officials of Forza G have avoided describing the ideology of the party, would you dare to do so?

C.S: We do not want to be pigeonholed in an ideological block. That is the main thing for us. We don't want to be described as "a left-wing party" or "a right-wing party". We want to be known for our individual proposals with which citizens can identify, and we want to be able to negotiate indistinctly with anyone who is necessary to move our projects forward.

I: Speaking of projects, one of the most surprising points of your political program is what you call "parliamentary republicanism". What exactly does it consist of?

C.S: It is certainly one of the most important points we defend. For us, the imperial family is obsolete. But it is not only that we want to have a Head of State democratically elected by the citizens of a prospective Istalian republic, it is that we want to go further: For us, the Parliament has to be the source of power of the whole State. And that is why we also consider that the government must be closely linked to the Parliament. What we propose is that Government-Parliament should be closely linked, with a Head of Government who is a committee of the parliament, just like the different ministries. In addition, we want the citizenry to be closely involved in political decisions, with the creation of referendums on important issues.

I: You are running for president of the Federal Community of Alaria. What are your proposals for the island?

C.S: For me, the Alarian Republic deserves much more than what it has received so far. Alaria deserves a government that knows how to bring out its full potential, and that has more legislative capacity. An independent nation? Maybe not, but certainly much more autonomy.

I: For the moment, the citizens' proposals that you have taken to Parliament have not been very successful; practically all of them have been rejected. What do you think about that?

C.S: That is precisely why a party like Forza G is necessary; there is no other political party in Italy that presents our proposals. And therein lies our importance. We propose a mix of economic nationalism, always prioritizing the national interest of our workers, with a total secularism of the State, and robust public services that are not dependent on the interest of large corporations.

I: What are your expectations for the next elections?

C.S: I do not want to venture into making predictions, but in any case, entering Parliament will already be a success.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby TRA » Mon May 01, 2023 10:17 pm

TRA

Postby TRA » Sun May 07, 2023 1:45 pm

TRA

PreviousNext

Return to National News