Istalia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Corriere d'Istalia

Postby XanderOne » Fri May 03, 2019 12:38 pm

Visit of the Head of the State on the site of the National Nuclear Ignition Laboratory
Research Center dedicated to the fusion research and beyond: even the Defense involved while the ferment in the defence industry is growing
Scheme of the future National Nuclear Ignition Laboratory: to the right the veritable reactor (indicated as "Target Area")

12 December 4569

ROCCAGHIACCIA - As he had promised, General Michele Appiano De Borromei returned to Roccaghiaccia (Mezzodiurno) to closely monitor the progress of construction work on the National Nuclear Ignition Laboratory, the new research center on Nuclear Fusion whose realization it was promoted at the beginning of the last legislature and is expected to be completed within seven years with the reactor's first power-up within the next fifteen.

The Laboratory will focus on laser-based inertial confinement fusion research: the installation will use lasers to heat and compress small amounts of hydrogen until a nuclear fusion reaction starts. The system will essentially consist of 192 lasers that will be concentrated on small spheres of "fuel" made up of two isotopes of hydrogen, tritium and deuterium, whose atoms will have to fuse.
A large part of the structure, really huge, will be occupied by the large equipment that will generate and energize the lasers while the real fusion will take place inside the reactor, the Fenice RCLI-03, more precisely in a spherical chamber with a diameter of about ten meters.

The project involved the best minds in the country as well as a myriad of manufacturers and specialized companies, with commissions totaling over one billion LIS only in equipment.
The Laboratory, however, will also be able to conduct other types of research in addition to that dedicated to fusion, such as those in the field of behavior of the matter, then quantum physics, experiments on light refraction, laser technology, photonic research, etc... but not only.

It seems that the laboratory will also conduct research and experiments on behalf of the Armed Forces: the Air Force, in fact, contributed to the financing of the building since, as the spokesman of the Ministry of Defense commented before the National Congress when questioned on the matter, commented "the reactor is designed to produce, for the first time in a laboratory setting, conditions of temperature and density of matter close to those that occur in the detonation of nuclear weapons. The ability to study the behavior of matter and the transfer of energy and radiation under these conditions is key to understanding the basic physics of nuclear weapons and predicting their performance without underground nuclear testing".
So the Laboratory will also be used for the study and development of new nuclear weapons, a news that caused some discontent within the majority, especially between the Social Democrats and the Freedom Alliance, who requested further clarifications from the Ministry of Defense and would be ready to present a resolution to Congress to prevent the conduct of military research in the Laboratory.

But hardly the rest of the majority will follow the protest, since just in the last year the Istalian defense industry is experiencing great growth in turnover, important commissions are on the horizon both at home and abroad, and precisely the scent of an upcoming program of reform and modernization of the Armed Forces is giving even more confidence to the sector. The Air Force is ready to widely renew the entire fleet of aircraft with a new latest-generation multi-role fighter, the Navy may require a new class of light aircraft carriers as well as a new strategic ballistic submarine to replace the large but dated Trionfante class units, for which it follows that they will have to be equipped with a new type of ballistic missiles and nuclear warheads.
All of this will require substantial investments on the part of the Defense and the companies in the sector are ready to grab the lucrative contracts, massively supported also by the major trade unions that foresee the creation of thousands of thousands of new jobs and are already starting the preliminary dialogues to the collective bargaining agreements for thousands of new workers.
XanderOne

Postby XanderOne » Sat May 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Budget 4570 presented to the Congress: funds for Health Services, Deregulation and new equipements for Navy and Air Force

28 June 4570

ROMULA - The Minister of Finance Federico Tatti presented this morning to the Congress the new Financial Law of the State with which the Government authorizes the allocation of additional funds to the Ministry of Health and Social Services and therefore to the Defense.

With the introduction of the budget, the new provisions regarding health services offered were also presented, including the total coverage for all types of voluntary interruption of pregnancy and therefore a massive campaign to raise awareness and promote contraceptive methods, with the National Healthcare Service which will offer free contraceptive products in clinics as well as pharmacies. Despite the protests of private individuals in the sector, the Government has assured that this is a supply limited mainly to condoms and morning-after pills (the latter should only be requested in clinics and prescribed by a doctor and to the requesting people will be accorded maximum privacy). In the field of recreational drugs, on the other hand, many popped a bottle of the good stuff to celebrate, given that the definitive liberalization of their sector has been confirmed in the Budget Law, a sector for decades unable to produce and sell synthetic or excessively transformed substances, a real damage guided by prohibitionist policies that had sunk a sector that for centuries has been flourishing and had been able to develop globally thanks to the far-sighted and lasting policy of tolerance held in the country until the recent Great Crisis and the rasing of traditionalist and conservative political forces.

Image Image
Recreational drugs into one of the numberous stores in the Country (left) and contraceptive methods next to be available for free (right)

With regard to the new program of modernization of the Armed Forces, in reality it is a program aimed at the Air Force and the Navy, given that the 4486 White Paper of Defense, despite it has developed slowly precisely because of the worsening of the crisis in the following decades and being able to rely only on the ordinary budget, it had already massively renewed all the armed forces. The White Paper, however, provided for the development and purchase of two new types of aircraft fighter, a multi-role jet and an air superiority jet. Both projects were abandoned due to an excessive demand for funds, and to little interest from governments of the first half of the century, engaged with the black crisis that was raging in the country and decidedly against further expenses for a radically changed defense policy, almost exclusively aimed at national defense. It was therefore decided to keep in service the oldest HF-35 and Unionfighter, manufactured respectively in Hutori and Artania, and to increase the number of the reliable and advanced AF-43.

The program presented this morning will cover just what has not been completed in the previous decades, specifically the renewal of the aircraft fleet: the funds allocated by the finance law will be dedicated to the development of a multi-role fighter oriented to the defense of the national airspace and which can operate both from land and on aircraft carriers. If the Lodamun Government accepts the proposal presented by the Leonardi Industrial Group, the Istalian Defense will enter into partnership in the project, otherwise further development funds will be allocated by Istalia, interested in a STOVL (Short Take-Off and Vertical Landing) version of the aircraft given that the funds allocated by the new budget will also be used for the development and construction of 3 new units for the Navy, light aircraft carriers, officially identified as Amphibious Assault Ships or even as Helicopter Destroyer units. The new ships will go to replace the old Triesta-M class and to support the 4 Ardito class units with similar capabilities but larger and able to launch jets via a sky-jump (probably it will be a retractable ramp to adapt the ships to different types of operations that may require different types of vehicles rather than jets).

3D-model of the light aircraft carrier class for the Navy: in evidence the sky-jump and two of the future Leonardi's Aircraft

No mention was made instead of the return to service of other Fortezza class aircraft carriers, the largest and most advanced in the fleet, but it seems that the Defense has preferred to proceed to an in-depth cost/benefit examination of the NSNS-E-258 project, an engineering study persued under the previous White Paper for the conceptualization of a new type of strategic ballistic submarine. The Navy leaders would have learned this with disappointment, declaring that the Triumphant classe units are still today among the most advanced of their kind, capable of undergoing many other and cheaper processes of modernization, that there are no real strategic demands in this regard and stamping the decision as a propaganda gimmick of the Government, in fact focused on relaunching the technical and scientific capacities of the country, especially in the field of nuclear research and technology, for civil as well as warfare purposes.
XanderOne

Postby XanderOne » Sun May 05, 2019 11:02 pm

Guard of Democracy aspires to an Empire for the Istalian Democracy
The fanatical movement of the Militant Democracy wants to create an empire guided by the current Head of the State as perpetual leader and tutelar deity of the Istalian People, Nation and Civilization

8 Jenuary 4571

ROMULA - The parliamentary group of Guard of Democracy presented to the National Congress, supported by the Glory and Rebirth group, a ambitious state reform project with which they proposes the current Head of the State Michele Appiano De Borromei as perpetual leader of the country elevating him to the role of Emperor of the Istalians and Sovereign of the Istalian Empire, Protector and Guarantor of Istalian Democracy.

The proposed reform was presented as a real Fundamental Constitutional Law which transforms the democratic republican presidential regime into a democratic parliamentary monarchy. The law carefully describes the future institutional role of Michele Appiano De Borromei, a Head of State dedicated exclusively to the protection of Istalian Democracy over any political diatribe, the last piece of a series of provisions and laws adopted in the last fifteen years for literally armouring and securing the institutions and all the istalian democratic system.

Damiano Valenti, right-hand man of the powerful Minister of the Interior Filippo Sartori and true mind behind the proposal, commented this epochal reform:

Our great Militant Democracy could do nothing but arrive at such a revolution! Michele Appiano De Borromei, in addition to having demonstrated that he embodies the most noble and high principles and values ​​of the Istalian civilization, in addition to having restored hope to the country, as well as having become an ever present and unfailing figure in the hearts and reality of the Istalians, he guided us along the path that has led our democracy to evolve. A democracy that has all the possible instruments to defend itself could not fail to consider the need for an enormously superior, noble and independent force with respect to the changing moods of politics and the masses and that operate only and exclusively to protect our democracy. Such a role could certainly not be embodied by an elective Head of State, son of political parties and movements and inevitably "victim" of the infinite interests intertwined in the politics of a country; nor could a Head of State elected by parliament be charged with such a role, since he too is a "victim" of political agreements and of those same infinite interests always at work. Regardless of how limited or exclusively ceremonial the prerogatives of such a Head of State may be, it can never be truly free and independent. For this we are convinced that the best solution is the one proposed, a life-long, unelected and so indipendent superior protective power, and that the only one who really has the right and can adequately cover that role is General Michele Appiano De Borromei, who will be a sovereign, an Emperor, a prestigious and glorious Emperor, not only of a Nation, not only of a People, but also of a veritable ideal!

The Head of State from Quattroregni Palace has made it known that soon he will address the nation but that for the moment he is keeping the maximum confidentiality since the proposal is being carefully considered and considered. The Head of the State had for some time adopted a less active and more ceremonial conduct, obviously due to the passing of the years and to the weight of duties and responsibilities that was becoming a too heavy a burden, and probably the spread of rumors according to which before the next elections Michele Appiano De Borromei would have announced his definitive withdrawal finally pushed his fanatical supporters of Guard of Democracy to request a meeting with him to propose the great reform and then to encourage him to accept the new role proposed to him. Given the massive support of Glory and Rebirth as well as of numerous representatives from all the other parliamentary groups of the Coalition for the Democratic Cooperation, finally the Head of State would have authorized the presentation of the bill to the National Congress, putting his fate back in the hands of the representatives of the People and then, finally, in those of the people themselves who will have to express themselves through a national confirmatory referendum.
XanderOne

Postby XanderOne » Sat May 11, 2019 2:13 am

The Empire has been declared: Michele the First is acclaimed Emperor of the Istalians!
The new flag of the newly founded Istalian Empire

1 September 4571

ROMULA - The People expressed themselves, the national referendum on the constitutional reform was held: the Istalians took their decision and with a plebiscitary majority literally acclaimed Michele Appiano De Borromei as their Emperor, decreeing therefore the approval of the constitutional reform founding of the Istalian Empire.

Shortly after the official announcement of the Ministry of the Interior on the outcome of the referendum, a speech to the nation by the Head of State was announced by Quattroregni Palace, by the newly confirmed first Emperor of the Istalians, officially "His Most Excellent Imperial Majesty, Michele I, by the Will of the Nation and Unanimous Acclamation of the People, Costitutional Emperor of the Istalians, Perpetual Defender of Istalia, Protector and Guarantor of the Constitution and the Democratic Values, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Armed Forces of Istalia, Pater Patriae".

In just a few hours the square in front of the Palace was filled with a crowd that waited until 11 am for the Emperor to appear at the central window of the Palace with his wife, a rare event for all previous Heads of State but that was judged as a duty right now.
These are his words:

My fellow Istalians,
it is with difficulty that I sought words that I already knew would not be enough to express my state of mind to you all, to express my gratitude for your trust as well, I must admit, the fear of carrying such a burden on my shoulders.
But fear not, because what happened this night, having observed the result coming out of the referendum, gave me confidence and reassured me, confirmed to me that with your support and your trust I will be able to face what fate wanted for me and for all of us with strength and determination.
I accepted this assignment, this role for the Nation, for you, because so many, I have seen, believe in me and have been able to believe in me, all of you who have given me strength day after day during all the long years of my estate as Head of the State.
But the only way I will be able to repay you, the whole nation, of such great trust and this solemn honor, will be to dedicate myself totally to the Nation and zealously respect the duties imposed on me by this new role created for the great Istalian Nation.
Today, I can assure you, I am more resolute and determined than ever to defend this new Empire of ours, an Empire of the Istalian Civilization, an Empire of the Most Noble Values ​​and the Most Noble Conquests of Humanity, an Empire of Tolerance, an Empire devoted to respect for the Innate Freedoms of every Man, a Glorious, Radiant and Shining Empire of Democracy, an Empire ready to defend with a power much higher than the worldly diatribes and political interests, dedicated only to the defense of Istalia, of Istalian People and of its Democratic Principles and Values, ready to lead this Empire towards 1000 years of Glory and Prosperity.
But always remember, the strength of this new Empire is first and foremost its People, each of you my dear citizens, together with devotion, honor, respect and initiative we will succeed in generating the necessary lifeblood for this new Istalia. My devotion, I swear to you, will be absolute.
And to confirm this, I believe that there is no better way, if not to swear in front of all of Istalia before even before the National Assembly of the Empire:
I swear to the people of Istalia that I shall constantly preserve and uphold the Constitutions of the Istalian Empire and that I shall defend the Democratic Institutional Order of the Empire as its Supreme Protector and Guardian.
I swear that I shall defend and preserve the independence and the territory of the Empire to the best of my ability, that I shall protect the Freedom and Rights of all Istalian Citizens and Residents, and that I shall employ all means placed at my disposal by the law to preserve and promote Democracy and Prosperity in the Empire, as a good Emperor should do.
This I promise!
Long live Istalia, Long live the Empire!

Within two weeks the Emperor will pronounce that same oath before the National Assembly of the Empire, where all the powers of the State, Government, Legislature, Constitutional Court and Supreme Court will be gathered, then the representatives of the Regions, Provinces and Cities of Istalia, as well as the representatives of the major socio-economic and academic institutions and groups in the country.
After the Ceremony in Parliament, which will include a buffet in the close Honor Transept, the festivities will pass to Quattroregni Palace, where a great banquet will be held for the highest authorities of the State and of the Nation.
There will be a week of celebrations throughout Istalia, with events of all kinds that will fill squares and streets of many centers, large and small, throughout the peninsula and island. Almost certainly, at the head of most of the celebrations there will be those of Guard of Democracy, who from the first hours after the announcement of the referendum results exploded in triumphant celebrations.

Also the closest members of the Emperor's family will participate in the ceremony, elevated to the new rank of Imperial Princes and Grand Princes, which for completeness of information and satisfaction of the readers' curiosity will be: Empress Consort Margherita, Imperial Grand Princesses Paola, Elisa and Ginevra, daughters of the Emperor; the Imperial Grand Prince Mattia, elder brother of the Emperor, with his wife, Princess Nadia, nee Carolani, and his two sons, the Imperial Princes Alessandro and Carlotta; Imperial Prince Thomas, younger brother of the Emperor, with his wife, Princess Laura, nee Marchetti Pamphilj, and their three sons, Imperial Princess Chiara and the Imperial Princes, twins, Giulio and Adriano.
The new Imperial Family, now at the center of the debates and the inevitable gossip of the whole nation, seems to boast of ancient noble origins, having been the Appianius' one of the ancient Romulan Princely Families, born after the Church's blessing and elevated to defenders of the Church during the distant centuries after the fall of the Augustan Empire. The De Borromei's, on the other hand, seem to have been an ancient patrician family from Trivendito, wealthy merchants and bankers from Vinesia. The union of the two families happens, however, quite recently, only in 4086, when Francesco Appiano married Letizia De Borromei, with a common agreement by the families to keep both names. An uncle of Letizia De Borromei, as it is said in the family, seems to have been a political collaborator of Alessandro Senna, also undersecretary during one of the governments of the beloved Father of the "New Fourth Republic".
The three brothers bear the names of three well-known Apostles, or Pious, Mattia, Michele and Tommaso, a tradition of the Appiano family, long abandoned but taken over by their father, Giulio, strongly religious, a devotion almost fused with that for the Homeland and that had driven him to sacrifice himself and to make a decision that made him fall into the hands of thallerist repression.
Mattia is an art teacher and art critic, as well as an artist himself, active at the Academy of Fine Arts of Eristano, while Tommaso is a Pediatric Doctor at the Romula's Deodato II Polyclinic. Regarding their wives, Nadia Carolani is a professor in the same academy as her husband, while Laura Marchetti Pamphilj, from another ancient Romulan Princely Family, devotes herself above all to the management of family foundations.
About the sons of the Emperor and his brothers, for the Grand Princesses, Paola, Elisa and Ginevra, the oldest is a lawyer, in the National Register of Lawyer for a year, the second is at university studying letters while the third is about to start university, it looks like architecture; of the children of Prince Mattia, Alessandro followed in his uncle's footsteps and is today Colonel of the Air Force, already known for have being the youngest member of the first two governments led by Glory and Rebirth, under the Prime Minister Filippo Sartori and then in the first cabinet led by Michele Appiano De Borromei; Carlotta is a graduate in languages ​​but does not work for the moment, married to Luca Florenti, a financier at the Romula International Stock Exchange; finally, about Tommaso's sons, Chiara studies biology at university while the twins are still in high school.
Last edited by XanderOne on Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XanderOne

Postby Jervoy Tyson » Sat May 11, 2019 8:29 pm

NATIONALISTS REJECT THE TYRANT EMPIRE OF BORROMEI

ROMULA: The National Alliance for the Empire after UNCONSTITUTIONALLY forming the govt in Romula and on the basis of their so called majority passed the authoritarian laws and turned the Parliamentary Republic to a Militant Dictatorial Republic which is highly unacceptable.
  Istalia has a long history of democratic rule which is the basis of its progress and development.
TALKING TO CORRIERE the General Secretary of PNI Federico Salvini said
The PNI won't let this Militant party to destroy our golden state.WE DEMAND THIS REGIME TO IMMEDIATELY HOLD ELECTIONS AND REVERSE ALL THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL CHANGES MADE IN CONSTITUTION.It is the firm determination our party President Faisal Saeed not to let this regime run and get away with this.After coming in power we will make them accountable.

The changing of flag of Istalia is also seen as another biggest mistake made by the current govt.
The Central Information Secretary of PNI took full shots at the regime.

This tyrant ruler would pay for all of this.We will not let him run away.We are contacting different states of the world and many have responded and shared their concern on the situation.SOLENTIA has openly expressed its concern on the situation.

One of the most prominent leaders of PNI and former Foreign Minister Tazio Caranci also condemned the govt.

You cant rule like that.Its the country of hundreds of thousands of Istalians.You can not impose yourself on them like thid.Go to elections.Preach your agenda and wait for results.We will not stay quiet.We are arranging protests and demonstrations in whole of ISTALIA and wont let this govt function normally.

Protests have already started in Romula,Nepoli,Palerno,Genevia and other cities recording a huge number of people chanting against the tyrant Borromei and his govt.

COURRIERE was able to get insights of the situation and analyzed that the situation will further worsen if the democracy isnot restored in ISTALIA because PARTITO NAZIONALISTA ISTALIANO (PNI) has strong ground support since the last elections where it won 520 of 635 Parliamentary seats.
      Matthew hade from Romula for COURRIERE D'ISTALIA
Jervoy Tyson

Postby Jervoy Tyson » Sun May 12, 2019 10:02 am

PNI STARTS CAMPAIGN;FAISAL AIMS TO DEMOLISH BORROMEI HOUSE,SAYS 115 MEMBERED PARLIAMENT CAN'T DECIDE ISTALIA'S FATE

Faisal Saeed,President Of PNI & former Prime Minister of Istalia

ROMULA: The PARTITO NAZIONALISTA ISTALIANO (PNI) has started its campaign for the next general elections to be held in Nov 4575.However it is demanding BORROMEI & his puppet PRIME MINISTER to announce early elections to which they are resisting.
   In his election rally in Romula on thursday FAISAL SAEED,PNI President took on the current govt and said

WE DON'T ACCEPT YOUR GOVT. ITS ILLEGITIMATE TO RULE OVER ISTALIA.I HEREBY ANNOUNCE THAT IF PNI IS VOTED INTO POWER,WE WILL DEMOLISH THIS TYRANT MONARCHY ESTABLISHED BY NATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR EMPIRE.A PARLIAMENT OF ONLY 115 MEMBERS CAN NOT TAKE SUCH FATE CHANGING DECISIONS OF ISTALIA.ONLY A COMPLETE MEMBERSHIP PARLIAMENT CAN TAKE SUCH HUGE DECISIONS.I WARN BORROMEI TO REVERSE ALL OF THE CHANGES HE HAD MADE TO CONSTITUTION OR TO FACE TRIAL IF PNI COMES IN POWER.

It seems that elections would be much fiercing this time with PNI giving much tough time to the ruling alliance.
      Ricardo Luigi from Romula for COURRIERE D'ISTALIA
Jervoy Tyson

Postby XanderOne » Mon May 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Michele the First officialy swears as first Emperor of the Istalians!
Despite the mounting criticism, the opposition's demonstrations and the many falsehoods spreads by it, the Government reassures the closer friends and welcomes the first international recognition to the new Empire
His Majesty the Emperor swears in front the National Assembly, next to him Her Majesty the Empress Consort Margherita

1 September 4573

ROMULA - Great celebrations in the capital and in the whole Nation: His Majesty Michele I swore this morning in front of the Nation as first Emperor of the Istalians and Sovereign of the Istalian Empire.
Starting from Quattroregni Palace around 10 am, the procession of vehicles on which the Emperor, the High Dignities of the Crown, the members of his staff and obviously the Imperial Family were traveling, crossed the city to reach the Palace of the Republic acclaimed by at least one million people crowded along the route of the procession and throughout the rest of the city. Hanging from slender flagpoles, along the entire route and on both sides, the new Imperial Flag of Istalia alternated with the new Imperial Banner while other istalian flags were waved by the cheering crowd.

Image Image
People along the procession route (Left); mounted Imperial Guards (Right)

To ensure the safety of the whole event, at least 10,000 law enforcement officers and emergencies specialists have been deployed between the State Police, National Gendarmerie and the medical personal of the city and rest of the province. Also deployed 500 men of the army to manage civil protection and providing water distribution points, additional medical assistance, along with the city operators, and the installation of the necessary public services.
To shine around the Imperial Procession the newly reformed Corps of the Imperial Guard, successor to the previous Presidential Guard, who accompanied the cars by mounting fifteen horses and four motorcycles in their new and sparkling uniforms, armor and ceremonial vestments.

The Emperor reaches Palace of the Republic

The Emperor arrived at the main entrance of the Palace of the Republic round 11, being hailed by the crowd that filled the square and the surrounding streets and thus giving way to the Investiture Ceremony, which was held in the Hall of the National Assembly, where in addition to the members of the Assembly, there were the Prime Minister and Government Ministers, the Judges of the Supreme Court, the President of the Supreme Tribunal of Cassation, the President of the Council of State, the Chief of Defense Staff, the Imperial Chancellor and the Archchancellor of the Empire (two of the three so-called High Dignities of the Empire, ceremonial figures created by the new Imperial Constitution). The Archchancellor was the one in charge of conducting the ceremony and essentially he made the Emperor swear before the Constitutions of Istalia and the Representatives of the Nation. Along the Rear Gallery, where the Senate members once sat when in common session with the Chamber of Deputies, there were the Presidents of the Regions and Provinces, Representatives of the various regional and provincial Councils, the other Judges of the Supreme Tribunal, members of the High Council of the Judiciary, the exponents of the National Association of Istalian Mayors, representatives of the institutional, cultural, economic and social world, and finally a large number of members of the Armed Forces, senior hierarchy and staff in tow. The Media were instead hosted along the Balcony, between the Hall and the Rear Gallery. The member of the Imperial Family seated on the right of the Emperor, at the last end of the Rear Gallery after the seats of the Armed Forces, welcomed into a highly ornated Honor Balconet presidied by the Imperial Guard. All the Assembly, indeed, for the occasion has been adorned with the colors of the Empire while around the Chair of State were disposed serveral shining golden adornments and garnishments.

The Emperor giving his speech

The Grand Chamberlain of the Empire, the monarch's master of ceremonies (and the third of the cerimonial High Dignities of the Empire), announced the arrival of the Emperor, who marched on the note of a solemn hymn along the central escalade of the hemicicle of the National Assembly until his seat on a Chair of State opposite to the members of the Assembly and observed behind by the highest officials of the State.
The Emperor gave an address before taking the oath to uphold the Constitutions and protect the Democratic Institution, Principles and Values of the Empire.
His Majesty, in his speech, thanked once again the Istalian People for its Confidence, reassuring the Nation about his resolutness in respecting his role as no-partisan, superior guardian of the Istalian Democracy, but once again his also reaffirmed his invitation to all the People to stand together and work together peacefully and with cooperative spirit, to face together the challenges of the future which, however, the Emperor described as bright, forged by decades of difficulties and unstability but from which Istalia rised once again, so to forge a new fate and a new future, where "everyone must make their voices heard, bring their own contribution, their own talent. Everyone must collaborate with creativity, spirit of enterprise, and openness".
Finally, towards the Archchancellor of the Empire, who held in the hand a book containing the Istalian Constitutions and Foundamental Laws, the Emperor proceeded with his solemn oath in front of the Nation:

I swear to the People of Istalia that I shall constantly preserve and uphold the Constitutions of the Istalian Empire and that I shall defend the Democratic Institutional Order of the Empire as its Supreme Protector and Guardian.
I swear that I shall defend and preserve the independence and the territory of the Empire to the best of my ability, that I shall protect the Freedom and Rights of all Istalian Citizens and Residents, and that I shall employ all means placed at my disposal by the law to preserve and promote Democracy and Prosperity in the Empire, as a good Emperor should do.
This I promise!
Long live Istalia, Long live the Empire!

Following the Emperor's Oath, celebrated by flourishing trumpets, an another brief hymn and acclaimed by thunderous applause, the monarch was paid homage to by the assemblage of people. The President of the National Assembly made a declaration on behalf of those assembled, a declaration which focused on why the Nation took the decision to embody in perpetuity the Guide of the Nation to the Emperor, celebrating the qualities and the great achievement by Michele the First for him and the whole Nation. Then he swore on this declaration:

We receive and invest, in the name of the People of the Nation and in accordance with the Constitutions of the Istalian Empire, you, Michele, First of Your Name, as Emperor of the Istalians and Sovereign of the Istalian Empire.
We swear that we will maintain your inviolability and the rights of your Crown.
This we promise!

"Long live the Emperor!" for Michele I

Following this, the names of the Members of the National Assembly were called out, who then swore or affirmed his declaration in turn. After every member have sworn, the Grand Chamberlain of the Empire declared the ceremony to have been completed. This was followed by the Archchancellor of the Empire exclaiming that the monarch has been inaugurated and the President of the National Assembly crying "Long live the Emperor!" responded by the public which shouted also three hurrahs.
The cerimony continued into the Transet of Honors of the Palace, the large monumental corridor between the two hemicicle of the building, where was held an homage cerimony for the Emperor with the partecipating to the Oath.
After the homage ceremony, the monarch and his retinue then proceeded outside the Palace where the Emperor and the Empress found a large choir of children singing a joyful hymn to His Majesty. The Imperial Couple remained to heard the choir untill the end of the hymn to greet the children before getting into the car and returning with the rest of the procession to the Palace where was held an official reception.

The "Tricolor Comets" of the Imperial Air Force passing above Quattroregni Palace

Despite the joyful day, the opposition to the Imperial Reform made heard their voices, organized four demonstartions only in Romula, which, however, for security reason, were contained and separated by the Cerimony and the areas interested. The demonstrations, led by the Istalian Nationalist Party, never fall in violence and indeed the demonstrators doesn't excede in dangerous behavior, a part a single episode when a group of 35 tried to pass a checkpoint not far from Palace of the Republic, causing a little retard to the Emperor exiting the Palace, as reported by the Romula's Head of State Police in the afternoon.

Just about the PNI, the political propagandistic machine of the party was able to cause not little trouble for the Govenrment, commented the First Secretary of the Office of the Prime Minister Damiano Valenti, who talked about the serious crisis which the Government is trying to solve with Solentia and seems that similar diplomatic incidents are interesting also the relations with Selucia.
The "Istalian Government", continued the First Secretary, "is very busy in reassuring several friend governments about the goodness of the Institutional reform undertaken by Istalia and of the fact that the principles of Democracy, Law of the Rules and Respect of the Rights of the Citizens are never been in danger or undermined and that the Istalian Empire is and will always remain a Democratic Nation".
In the next days the Emperor himself will be involved in a first State visit organized after the diplomatic troubles with Solentia with its President and other members of the Government ready to meet the Emperor and the Prime Minister in Romula.
Copies of the new Imperial Constitution adopted by Istalia has been sent to many foreign governments together with official invitations to the diplomatic departments of the reached countries by part of His Majesty the Emperor to meet their diplomatic representatives in Quattroregni Palace.

But from abroad not only concerns and misurestanding: in fact, recently (November 4574), a warmly welcomed diplomatic message came from Hulstria, a letter adressed directly to His Majesty the Emperor from the Hulstrian Kaiser.
The Spokeperson of the Imperial Palace made known that the Kaiser congratulated His Majesty the Emperor for his enthronement and for the constitutional reform undertaken in Istalia, inviting also the Emperor to visit Kien and both the Kaiser Hans Friedrick Albert lll and the Kaiserine Annemarie l, a letter which followed the friendly messages already sent in the past years by the Hulstrian Government to the Istalian one.
The Emperor, said the Spokeperson of the Palace, expressed to the Kaiser his thanks and that he would be very pleased to visit Kien and Imperial Hulstrian Court, ready to promote more dialogue and increase the relations between the two nation.
The letter has been indicated by the most fanatic supporters of the Imperial reform as a sign of the new prestige that the Istalian Emperor can bring to the Country.
XanderOne

Postby XanderOne » Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Damiano Valenti at the head of the National Alliance election campaign
In contrast to Valenti, however, the Social Democrats threaten to abandon the coalition and support the Nationalists
Prime Minister Damiano Valenti, second to left, with other leaders of the National Alliance
6 July 4575

ROMULA - Damiano Valenti, Prime Minister and charismatic rising star of the National Alliance, is officially leading the Alliance election campaign after being re-elected by the majority of party representatives as a common candidate to lead the national executive.

At the center of Valenti's objectives, of course, is the protection and permanence of the imperial reform in Istalia, clearly threatened by the pressing and iron opposition of the Istalian Nationalist Party. Valenti, however, also presented at the party's congress interesting economic programs that displaced the Social Democrats who protested strongly.
Valenti, in fact, has proposed an ambitious new national healthcare reform towards a single-payer system which will contract private organizations for healthcare services, with the State remaining to cover the financial expenses of the citizens and assuring the quality of care through national standards.
If Liberals and Libertarians enthusiastically supported the proposal, as mentioned it was not the case with the Social Democrats.

The Social Democratic leader, Manlio Barzelli, declared that such a reform could definitively break relations with other party allies and that, although there is no time to present lists and candidates for the National Electoral Committee, they could still take the field and campaigning for the PNI, which on economic and social issues and much closer to statist positions.

Valenti, however, seems determined to maintain the hegemony he gained within the National Alliance, especially now that he seems to have convinced all his Guard of Democracy colleagues, even if this has to put the Alliance in an even more difficult situation, already challeged by the attractiveness of the newcomers of PNI, but Valenti also said that if the party manages to earn enough seats to secure constitutional reform it will already have been a great victory.
The propaganda machine of the Nationalists is in fact literally bombing the reform and the Emperor, active on social media, on many private televisions and able to mobilize resources also from abroad and destablize the relations with other nations. All this is generating doubts and confusion for many Istalians and there could be many who are ready to turn to the PNI.
Last edited by XanderOne on Tue May 14, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XanderOne

Postby Aethan » Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 pm

In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby XanderOne » Tue May 14, 2019 6:10 pm

Prime Minister replies to the concerns expressed by Selucia
Istalia reassures the friends of Selucia about the fact that the relations will not change between Romula e Auroria despite the discomfort generated
Prime Minister Damiano Valenti

28 July 4575

ROMULA - Following the statements released in Auroria by the Speaker of the Government of Selucia and Minister of Education, Nemidia Caessia Thyria, during a press conference about a certain restlessness in Selucia for the political change happened in Istalia, the Prime Minister Damiano Valenti called a press conference for an official response.

These his words:

The Istalian Government would like make note that it acknowledges of the discomfort generated in some members of the Selucian government due to the recent institutional reform undertaken in Istalia and it thanks Auroria for making known such concerns.
The Istalian Government also understands that these concerns were expressed privately by individual members of the government, government which we thank for the honesty and the objective recognition of the maintainment of Democracy and freedom in the country.

Istalia is and remains a democratic nation and as such will always be a natural partner on which Selucia can always count. The Istalian people will not reject friendship with that of Selucia and we are certain that despite the natural and inevitable differences and possible contrasts that may exist between them, we will find a way to overcome them peacefully.

Regarding Mr. Michele Appiano De Borromei, I just want to inform the Rector of the Republic of Selucia that he has already been Head of the State of the Istalian Republic for almost 20 years and that today, he is His Majesty Michael I, Constitutional Emperor of the Istalians, Monarch of the The Istalian Empire, honored by the Nation in perpetuity for what it has done for the nation, for his exceptional achievements, for having restored hope and glory to the Istalians, recovering from the darkest abyss in which Istalia had been for over 1000 years.

However, His Majesty would like to thank His Excellency the Rector of the Republic Clareta for the congratulations expressed via social media for the official inauguration ceremony of His Majesty and for his designation as first Emperor of the Istalians. His Majesty also hopes to have the opportunity to visit once again Selucia in the future and that he will be happy to meet the Rector Prometheus in the case of a diplomatic visit, an invitation that as Prime Minister I can only support in the name of maintaining relations more cordial as possible.
XanderOne

PreviousNext

Return to National News