Istalia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Corriere d'Istalia

Postby Axxell » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:13 am

Istalian Edition
Ministero degli Esteri sulla crisi Hulstriana: "Pronti a cooperare con Wiel"
Il Governo appena insediatosi finalmente risponde alla proposta di Vanuku di unire gli sforzi per liberare l'Ostland e porre fine alle atrocità hulstriane

ROMULA - Con il Governo stabilmente insediato, il Ministero degli Esteri si è finalmente esposto sulla proposta del Governo di Vanuku presentata all'Assemblea Generale del Congresso Mondiale diversi masi fa.
La proposta di Vanuku era giunta a seguito della presentazione delle prove schiaccianti contro l'Hulstria colpevole di crimini contro l'umanità ed in particolare di genocidio ai danni della popolazione Gao-Showen, prove che hanno fatto perdere al Governo di Karstadt anche l'ultimo forte alleato che aveva nel mondo occidentale.
Alla luce dei tradizionali rapporti conflittuali tra le due grandi potenze di Majatra, la proposta di Wiel aveva fatto scalpore a Romula che approfittando delle negoziazioni a seguito delle recenti elezioni aveva preso tempo prima di rispondere a Vanuku come anche per consultarsi con gli altri membri del Consiglio di Sicurezza uniti nella Coalizione internazionale contro l'Hulstria.

Il Ministero degli Esteri ha rilasciato questa dichiarazione:

Il Governo d'Istalia è lieto di annunciare che le Forze Armate della Repubblica combatteranno fianco al fianco con le Forze Armate di Vanuku nella missione internazionale volta a liberare l'Ostland dalle forze di occupazione di Hulstria.
Da parte di Romula il Governo vuole comunicare alla controparte di Wiel che non saranno posti paletti alle capacità di inter-coordinazione tra le forze armate dei due paesi ma che sarà sicuramente necessario iniziare fin da subito a lavorare insieme per stabilire procedure comuni per incrementare l'inter-operatività tra il contingente Istaliano e Vanukuano che, come stabilito durante i vari briefing operativi tra le nazioni della coalizioni, si troveranno a lavorare insieme sullo stesso fronte.
Il Governo Istaliano inoltre si augura che questa cooperazione sul campo possa essere un primo passo per una maggiore comprensione tra l'Istalia e Vanuku nella speranza che possa essere un primo passo nella normalizzazione dei rapporti storicamente tesi tra le nostre due nazioni.

Luthorian Edition
Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Hulstrian crisis: "Ready to cooperate with Wiel"
The newly established government finally responds to Vanuku's proposal to unite efforts to rid Ostland and to put an end to the Hulstrian atrocities

ROMULA - With the government firmly established, the Foreign Ministry has finally made a statement on the proposal which the Vanuku's Government presented to the General Assembly of the World Congress several months ago.
Vanuku's proposal came as a result of the presentation of the overwhelming evidences against Hulstria, guilty of crimes against humanity and, in particular, of genocide against the Gao-Showen population, which caused for the Karstadt government to lose even the last strong ally he had in the western world.
In light of the traditional conflict between the two great powers of Majatra, Wiel's proposal created a stir in Romula which, taking advantage of the negotiations following the recent elections, had taken some time before answering to Vanuku as well as consulting the other members of the Council of Security joined in the International Coalition against Hulstria.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued this statement:

The Government of Istalia is pleased to announce that the Armed Forces of the Republic will fight alongside Vanuku's Armed Forces in the international mission to rid Ostland from the occupation forces of Hulstria.
By Romula, the Government wants to tell to its Wiel 's counterpart that there won't be limitations to the inter-coordination capacities of the armed forces of the two countries but it will certainly be necessary to immediately begin work together to establish common procedures to increase the inter-operability between the Istalian and Vanukuan contingents, which, as established during the various briefings among the coalition nations, will find themselves working together on the same front.
The Istalian Government also hopes that this co-operation on the ground could be a first step towards greater understanding between Istalia and Vanuku in the hope that it will be a first step in normalizing the historically tense relations between our two nations.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby CitiRule » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Luthorian Edition
Not a word!
Plus: exclusive interview with Mr. Clark

This just noted: Abercrombie said "They all kinda wanna crompromitate themselves" and crompromitate is not a word! And now to the exclusive: Press interview with Mr. Clark:
We only got 2 questions in with Mr. Clark, pictured above.
Q: "What do you think about Mr. Romulani, Mr. Clark?"
A: "I think I'm better than Votta, Romulani, and Abercrombie, and all of them, PNI was supposed to be good, and they made a 2 party cabinet :evil:
Q: "What about Mr/Mrs/Ms Dulilah?"
A: "I think she needs another round of schooling."
CitiRule

Postby Wilderberg III » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:33 pm

Luthorian Edition
Capria attacks Vannucci and others as the leadership election is confirmed.
The newly rising star recently attacked the leader of Istalia First Beniamino Vannucci and President Votta.
Basilio Capria speaks to his supporters.

ROMULA - It appears that Capria is gaining momentum as party members forced an leadership election which is about to take place next month.
The rising star of the conservative side of politics took some time to talk about recent developments in Istalian politics during a townhall meeting with his supporters.
When asked about the newly formed coalition between the Nationalists and Liberal-Progressives Capria attacked Vannucci's hindsight abilities when it comes to backing presidential candidates, before attacking President Votta's lack of integrity and gratitude. "He didn't even thank us. Our endorsement pretty much gave him the Presidency. But then again - Vannucci didn't put any pressure on him to do so. Is this how strong leadership is supposed to look like?"

It is hardly possible to conduct any type of polling for the upcoming leadership election, however Capria's grassroots support and youth may swing the delegates in his favour.
Democratic Left - Citizens' Alliance [Mordusia]
Former controller of Kurageri
Wilderberg III

Postby CitiRule » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Capria attacks Clark's republican allies, Striking back?
After recent attacks on republican allies, Clark starts talking.

After the recent attacks Capria made, Clark is starting to talk on him. Now, to what he said at his rally:
above: Maksim Deano Clark rallying supporters in Sarregna
I think Capria is an insensitive man with no manners, schooling, or knowledge, He might have the youth on his side, But guess what this party and I have? the largest region, We were 2nd in Sarregna, and some we were last in and 1 being 1,307 votes only, but we still can defeat Capria, now let Capria go out to his proper manners while eating school, and let Capria say all he wants, he ain't got anything on me.
What will Capria think about THIS?
CitiRule

Postby Wilderberg III » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Luthorian Edition
Capria: Clark is illiterate (and jealous) - we all know it.
PI! Leadership candidate returns "pleasantries" after the PCI attacked him.

BARRI - In a radio interview the Italy First leadership candidate Basilio Capria hit back after a recent attack by Maksim Clark, former PDI Presidential candidate.

Capria: *laughs* "I mean come on. This guy calls anyone - especially me - illiterate? Has he ever even been near a school, let alone entered it? Look the guy is clearly jealous. On one side you have a fabulous young man like me and on the other hand you have someone like him. You can clearly see who has something to be jealous about."

In the meantime Beniamino Vanucci refused to join the "mud slinging contest" and moved the election two months earlier than originally planned - with Capria's consent.
Both candidates seem confident in their ability to win over the delegates.
Last edited by Wilderberg III on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilderberg III

Postby Wilderberg III » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 pm

Luthorian Edition
BREAKING: PI! PARTY CONVENTION - Capria Elected as the new leader of the Istalia First! Party.
Young contender unseated Beniamino Vannucci as the PI! leader.
Basilio Capria is the new leader of the young Istalia First! party.

PALERNO - In an upset victory young, rising-star of the Istalia First! party Basilio Capria has been elected as it's new leader with 150 delegates to Vannucci's 144 with 5 delegates abstaining.
This is a defining point for Istalia First! The young leader promised changing party's economic policy, turning towards free-market solutions.
However not everything will change. Capria announced that he will stand by PI's social conservative views.
There is also a different issue that will have to be adressed - how will he deal with other parties?
Recently Basilio made an enemy out of Maksim Clark, the leader of the Istalian Conservative Party which can make things harder for him in the future.
For now Capria and his supporters are celebrating, but can he turn his inner-party success into something more?
Wilderberg III

Postby 13ShinyTie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:14 am

Luciana Vespa to return from maternity leave "soon enough"

The former PNP Leader quit politics after marrying former ULD Chairman and giving birth to twin sons

Breaking News: Luciana Vespa, the former PNP Leader and initiator of the failed Padagnan Autonomous Referendum has tweeted concerning her future in politics. In a quick tweet, she has set the stage for an alteration of the Istalian political landscape and especially of the PNI/PNP Landscape, which seemingly has finally found balance under Votta. She was known for conservative views on both the fiscal and social ends and unlike President Demetrio Votta, who wants to be the reconciler (uniting the PNP and AI, coalition with LP), Vespa was renowned for slightly hasty moves, such as the initial coup of the Padagnan Regional Parliament back in the day. You could reason with her, but it did not make life much easier. Many moderates in the PNI/PNP hope that living for so long with a progressive man and being a mother has calmed down her opinions, whilst the radical PNP wing desires a re-ignition of hard nationalism, and reclaiming the throne from the LP, after being so disillusioned by Votta's "politics as usual".

The tweet from Luciana Vespa's official Twitter stated:
I am very excited to see my friends and colleagues soon enough in parliament! ;) #PNI #PNP #IlDuce #TheRightIsRight
Nazionale, Official Press of the Alternativa Istaliana (Istalian Alternative; AI)
13ShinyTie

Postby 13ShinyTie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 am

President Demetrio Votta finally responds to accusations and criticisms
Votta: "The newly founded conservative parties are right, but they should not jump to conclusions"

After the initiation of the Yellow - Purple Grande Coalition, it hailed criticisms from the newly founded small conservative parties, especially towards the PNI/PNP. We had an opportunity to ask President Votta for a justification of the coalition.

President Demetrio Votta:
Well, Good Day to you too! It is a pleasure to be here and I shall answer your question simply, namely not even my party is strictly speaking happy with the decision. Most accusations are true and we do apologise sincerely for it to the PD and CC as they have put their faith in me and I have not returned the favour. I am grateful to be able to be president, thanks to them. However, this was still the best decision. Firstly, how did they imagine would a right-wing coalition look like? Five Parties? With the PD at the time clearly expressing economic regulatory positions? I went into the coalitions knowing, that the LP is a secure partner, which won't abandon their duties and will be a reliable partner where we would look eye to eye. Of course we would have preferred to continue working with the CC, our most long-lasting ally, however, the CC was not able to gather enough votes due to the dilution of right wing votes amongst the new conservative parties. Additionally, and I know I have said it 1000 times, but a grand coalition with a clear plan in mind, is the strongest solution, as the largest party is ruling in coalition with the party placing the presidency, and the most stable solution as it allows for a clear plan of action - especially with the Hulstrian situation being at its peak and other smaller crisis such as in Cobura. The small parties all have principles and agendas, and the more there are, there more do these principles dilute and no one wants that, with the LP we remained true to our positions and forged bills which we both agreed on and would be beneficial to the Istalian people. Such as the abortion amendment which our initial opposition, makes sense as it protects rape victims from carrying the baby of their rapist! The conservative parties should not look at it as bootlicking, and should definitely not jump to conclusions. The first DDL is a corporate tax DECREASE! Moreover, we have the CC as the leader of opposition, which is definitely better as we have common ground, than a 200+ seats heavy left-progressive whale dishing out punches left and right from the opposition stands.

Thank you. Please know, the PNI/PNP ALWAYS puts Istalia first, and we do not need to prove it by making it our party name, as our compatriots know that themselves anyway.

The first government DDL is a corporate tax decrease being voted on right now in Parliament. It should show the country the intentions of this government, which apparently are nonpartisan, instead are pragmatic. The LP has correctly described this coalition as a "coalition of reason and responsibility".
Nazionale, Official Press of the Alternativa Istaliana (Istalian Alternative; AI)
13ShinyTie

Postby CitiRule » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 am

Clark blasts Capria; PCI New Leader Vote results within the party
Clark talks back at Capria; PCI New Leader vote results as the party voted for a new leader after Clark/Capria controversy

PCI Leader election results: Maksim Deano Clark wins by 27 of the parties 47 members and seats voting within the party, And now, Onto what Clark says after Capria calling him "illiterate" and "jealous" and that "we all know it"
SARREGNA- Maksim Deano Clark at a press conference
First of all, I ask Mr. Capria, How am I jealous of the leader of a smaller, newer party that PRETENDED to be right wing? And second of all, Yes I have been to school, spent my whole childhood there for that matter, How about you? And Vanucci, Why you so scared to say what you think of us? Afraid you are going to all out ruin our democracy system? And back to Capria, I wonder if you know what a school is, Good day.

CitiRule

Postby 13ShinyTie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:25 pm

President Votta: We offer political asylum to all democratic people!

In a short adress, following the deterioration of the situation in Selucia where undemocratic fascist forces are on the rise, Nationalist President Votta has issued a short statement regarding the government's official stance:
Our ideals are clear with respect to the current Selucian situation. It has to stop immediately. Even if they fellow right wingers, we can in no way support their means. Contrary to popular belief, the ends do not justify the means! The PNI first and foremost safeguards the Istalian national Identity, which for the better or for the worse, includes and even highlights the notion of democracy! This is idea is not mine, it runs in the party's veins since president Gianluigi Rosso! On that note;
We offer political asylum to all democratic forces on Terra. The In Marea Party of Selucia is being addressed explicitely, but not exclusively. We are open to all DEMOCRATIC nationalists, conservatives, liberals and even communists!
13ShinyTie

PreviousNext

Return to National News