Lourenne

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Lourenne Quotidien

Postby toro42 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:52 pm

VOTING

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Presently, following the conclusion of presentations from all participants, we will proceed to a vote via telephone. A reminder of the rules of voting: I will dial up all eleven waiting juries, who have watched all the entries, but are not listening to the other juries casting their votes. The ten jurists each cast one vote, or point, to their preferred song. These are tallied up by our scoreboard, and will produce the winner of Melodiefestival in the end. However, nations may not cast votes for their own entries. The voting process will be completed in reverse order, by country. First up, the Aleksandrovsk jury. Aleksandrovsk, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?

JURIST: Bonsoir, Mme. Schneider. Here are the results of the Aleksandrovskian jury: Wider Than a Mile, five votes…

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Wider Than a Mile, cinq votes.
JURIST: Walk All Over You, three votes…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, trois votes.
JURIST: Girl, Crazy for Me, two votes.
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Girl, Crazy for Me, deux votes.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Aleksandrovskian jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Aleksandrovsk. We go to our next jury, which is Kozakia. Aleksandrovsk, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Kozakian jury. Wider Than a Mile, four votes…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Wider Than a Mile, quatre votes.
JURIST: Girl, Crazy for Me, three votes…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Girl, Crazy for Me, trois votes.
JURIST: Walk All Over You, two votes…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, deux votes.
JURIST: Happiest Sound of Them All, one vote…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Happiest Sound of Them All, un vote.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Kozakian jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Kozakia. Next up is Tirgith. Tirgith, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Tirgithian jury. Girl, Crazy for Me, three votes…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Girl, Crazy for Me, trois votes.
JURIST: Walk All Over You, three votes…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, trois votes.
JURIST: I Don’t Hide It, three votes…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: I Don’t Hide It, trois votes.
JURIST: Wider Than a Mile, one vote…
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Wider Than a Mile, un vote.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Tirgithian jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Tirgith. We go to our next jury, which is Petrograd. Petrograd, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Petrogradian jury. Walk All Over You, five votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, cinq votes.
JURIST: Sally Annie Band, two votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Sally Annie Band, deux votes.
JURIST: Girl, Crazy for Me, two votes...
JURIST: Wider Than a Mile, one vote...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Wider Than a Mile, un vote.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Petrogradian jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Petrograd. We go to our next jury, which is Vladimirsk. Vladimirsk, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Vladimirskian jury. Wider Than a Mile, six votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Wider Than a Mile, six votes.
JURIST: Girl, Crazy for Me, two votes...
JURIST: One of Many Toys, two votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: One of Many Toys, deux votes.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Vladimirskian jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Vladimirsk. We go to our next jury, which is the at-large Statrican jury. Statrica, le Statrique, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Statrican jury. Sally Annie Band, ten votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Sally Annie Band, dix votes!
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Statrican jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Statrica. We go to our next jury, which is Carolleux. Carolleux, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Carollien jury. Walk All Over You, eight votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, huit votes.
JURIST: Believe Me When I Tell You, two votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Believe Me When I Tell You, deux votes.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Carollien jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Carolleux. We go to our next jury, which is Joviant. Joviant, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Jovian jury. Walk All Over You, seven votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, sept votes.
JURIST: Believe Me When I Tell You, one vote...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Believe Me When I Tell You, un vote.
JURIST: Falling, one vote...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Falling, un vote.
JURIST: People Say She’s Crazy, one vote...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: People Say She’s Crazy, un vote.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Jovian jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Joviant. We go to our next jury, which is Louives. Louives, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Louivian jury. Walk All Over You, nine votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, neuf votes.
JURIST: One of Many Toys, one vote...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: One of Many Toys, un vote.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Louivian jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Louives. We go to our next jury, which is Lucande. Lucande, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Lucandien jury. Believe Me When I Tell You, four votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Believe Me When I Tell You, quatre votes.
JURIST: Falling, three votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Falling, trois votes.
JURIST: People Say She’s Crazy, three votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: People Say She’s Crazy, trois votes.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Lucandien jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Lucande. We go to our final jury, which is Outannais. Outannais, êtes-vous là? Est-ce que je puis avoir vos votes, s’il vous plait?
JURIST: Good evening. Here are the results of the Outannaise jury. Walk All Over You, four votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Walk All Over You, quatre votes.
JURIST: Believe Me When I Tell You, four votes...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Believe Me When I Tell You, quatre votes.
JURIST: Falling, one vote...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Falling, un vote.
JURIST: One of Many Toys, one vote...
PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: One of Many Toys, one vote.
JURIST: That completes the voting of the Outannaise jury.

PRESENTER GRACE SCHNEIDER: Merci beaucoup, Outannais. Looking at our scoreboard, it looks like we have a clear winner! Congratulations Ms. Sweet, and I’m Grace Schneider. Good night from the Wacker Street Auditorium!
toro42

Postby Arapaima13 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 pm

l' Envoi (The Dispatch)
Telling News the Right Way

PCL Confirms Ties With Local Parties
By Jacques Delahaye

Mathieu Lambert announced the agreement between the PCL, FL, and PLO

The Director of the PCL, Monsieur Mathieu Lambert laid out plans for an alliance between the Parti Conservateur Libertaire with local parties Parti Liberté des Orinco (PLO - Orinco Freedom Party), and the Front Louives (FL - Louives Front). It sets out to integrate the PLO and FL into the Parti Conservateur Libertaire, but also increase PCL representation at local level. From henceforth, candidates from these parties have the ability to run as a candidate of the PCL party in elections, should they so wish.

There is also a possibility that in the future, the position of Director of the PCL will be contested between candidates from all three different parties, however this has not been confirmed yet.

Internal Affairs Minister, Quetzalcoatl Tzamá said whilst being interviewed by the Dispatch,
Today shows the PCL's commitment to expanding different forms of culture within Lourenne. We have made a statement off intent that we shall represent everyone, regardless of whether they are more Rildanorian or Orinco. We hope to be able to represent everyone on local and national level, and the PCL strongly believes that these actions help achieve this.

Despite the PCL maintaining this helps increase representation, eye-brows have been raised at the deal reached between them and the Front Louives, who have been openly aggressive to many non-Rildanorians in the past, most notably to Mixtecs. When asked, Tzamá, who is an ethnic Orinco himself, waved this claim by, telling l'Envoi,
I have heard about these accusations, but I would say that we are all committed to reaching greater integration between ethnicities. [The FL leader] M. Sebastien Theodore is a great guy - I have known him for some years now, and he is nothing like the old Front Louives that you are referencing.

ImageImage
(left) Front Louives Leader, Sebastien Theodore; (right) PLO Leader, Itzel Balam

The Alliance will set out its agenda later on in the year, after the Parti Conservateur Libertaire has managed to secure a Cabinet in Lourenne. This is expected to include the alteration of the national animal to a quetzal, and the introduction of Orinco as a national language. How much support will be gained from other parties is yet to be seen, but it is clear that the Parti Conservateur Libertaire are focused upon improving ethnic relations between Rildanorians and Orincos.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Arapaima13 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:16 pm

l'Envoi (The Dispatch)
Telling News the Right Way

PCL Pulls out of Coalition
By Jacques Delahaye

Quetzalcoatl Tzamá, the most senior PCL minister in the Cabinet, was the first to announce his resignation to the President

The PCL fired some angry words towards the other parties today, as it announced its resignation from Lourenne's cabinet. After spending almost a year on trying to maneuver the cabinet, following their excellent election results, the PCL have flipped and each minister offered their resignation to the President, Mme. Rosaline Matthieu. The Parti Réformiste declined the cabinet reshuffle, despite losing twenty-three seats in the 4219 elections, saying within the National Assembly, "we like the old one".

This has led to the Parti Conservateur Libertaire calling the PR "power-hungry," and unwilling to accept the vote of the people. Questions do have to be raised about the refusal of the Parti Réformiste. Whilst their President was sworn in for a second (full - we assume) term, with the Right Wing voice of Lourenne now commanding a full 150 seats within the House, surely they have to listen to the winners of the election. The PCL and FLC, as the first and third largest parties have a right to be aggrieved by this seemingly aggressive swipe for power by the PR.

Lambert, speaking to the Media at the PCL Headquarters in Tiffanie complained of the "Total lack of respect for the people of Lourenne." He continued, stating,
"At least the PR had the decency of making their opinion known. But they, nor any other party, made any suggestions about how our suggestion could be improved. My Honourable Friend, M. Johannes told the House, and I quote directly from his statement, "The PCL are willing to talk about other parties joining the cabinet, and positions in the cabinet being switched around." They did not give us anything. I think this directly shows us that all the other parties care about is power, and they have no consideration of what the people of Lourenne want. You have to respect what the people voted for, and the people voted for us. Therefore we demand that we get a greater representation in the cabinet. Hopefully this move will get the other parties actually doing something."

The leader of the Front Louives, M. Theodore, also got involved, calling the actions of the other parties "a travesty." He is not the only one complaining about this, and right wing voters across Lourenne are confused about the PR's lack of interest in forming a new Cabinet.
"It calls into question whether they want to help us, or themselves," said a passer-by we asked in Outannais.

It is clear to us that a deal has to be made. The parties were applauded in 4216 for reaching a coalition agreement. Yet, just four years on from that, it appears that the formation of a government has caused controversy again. It does ask the question of whether political stability will ever be fully achieved in Lourenne, or whether this fight between parties will labour on - at the expense of the people.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Luis1p » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 am

Les Nouvelles Lourenne

Valois, Carolleux - Louenne

Royal Libèral Party Rises
Madame Isabelle Cuts Relations with Rildanor, shows agression
New Beginnings in Lourenne

Image New state of the art PLR HQ building(above)

The PRL has risen in Lourenne Today as the 4273 elections took place. Madame Isabelle taking the presidency. She has worked all her life to this moment. We spoke with Madame Isabelle today on her plans for Lourenne:

Reporter: Bonjour Madame Isabelle! Can we have a quick word?!!

Mme.Isabelle: Of course, must it be quick, I must celebrate my Victory.

Reporter: Yes of course. What are your plans for Lourenne?

Mme.Isabelle: .... Well, I plan to establish good relations with our neighboring countries. However, our Relations with Rildanor and Alduria will cease to exist. No longer will we rely on them for the protection of our culture and language. We will no longer see Rildanor or Alduria as allies nor Friends. Lourenne will be an independent Canrillaise country. I must leave.

Hostility from Mme. Isabelle today as she celebrates her victory at the PLR headquarters in Valois.

More to come from Valois.

Les Nouvelles Lourenne
Luis1p

Postby Luis1p » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:19 am

Les Nouvelles Lourenne

Carolleux, Valois

PRL looks to Orleans and Vasser Territory, May be hostile

PRL Leader Angry over Election Results in Rildanor, Relations diminishing

Today in Valois, Leader of the Opposition and of The Parti Royaliste-Libéral, Isabelle Aurora Forestier- Ballacard I has declared that she is looking to take back The Regions of Orleans and Vasser. She claims that these lands respectfully belong to Lourenne. She has clearly stated that she will do whatever she can to take back the lands and install the canrillaise culture. Although this statement raises speculation in the cities of Lourenne. The People of Lourenne see this as hostile and undiplomatic, However Madame Isabelle, alleged bloodline of Oscar IV of Lourenne, House of Demitreus has claimed that a new monarchy will be restored in Lourenne if and after a majority is reached. She calls for the dissolution of the House of Demitreus and the creation of her own new bloodline. But, The Party will have to wait until a decent majority in the government is reached in order to establish such proposals.

In other news, The PRL was dissapointed to hear the huge parliamentary wins of the Nationalist Coalition in Rildanor. PRL executives claim that if their nationalist ideas continue to develop in Rildanor , Lourenne will take action to protect the Canrillaise culture and the history of Rildanor for the sake of the free peoples.
If Indeed The Government of Lourenne intended to take action, it would not be freindly. More to come from Lourenne and it's government.

Les Nouvelles Lourenne
Luis1p

Postby Luis1p » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Les Nouvelles Lourenne

Monarchy restored in Lourenne

Naval blockade of Kanjor and Rildanor to commence in June 4285

War looming?

Historic new year in Lourenne today as the monarchy has been restored. The new Forestier-Ballacard family bloodline has begun. The new constitutional monarchy will hope to thrive in Lourenne. Daughter of Lady Isabelle, Aurore Ballacard, has taken the throne at age 24. A new palace is being constructed in Valois, Carolleux And is to be completed in 4287.

The queen however he called for a naval blockade of Kanjor and Rildanor as a result of fascism and the failure to protect the Canrillaise culture. The blockade will take place on the Odufart Sea and the Schismatic Sea near Rildanor and Kanjor.

This has however intensified relations between the Canrillaise Nations. The 300,000 Lourennian troops will travel with 260 ships to southern seleya to block the countries. No plans of invasions have been released from Lourenne as the queen does not look for any war. Only the persévérance of the Canrillaise culture and the end of Rildanorian fascism.

More to come from Lourenne.

Les Nouvelles Lourenne
Luis1p

Postby Erisson Trindade » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 am

Minority Leader announces parallel presidential elections.

In a protest action against the monarchy the leader of the minority in the Chamber of Deputies announced parallel presidential election that took place together with the upcoming legislative election:
People of Lourenne, no Republican should recognise the "authority" of Queen Self proclaimed, so along with the upcoming legislative elections, parallel presidential elections will be held in protest against the breaking of the Republican tradition. No party in favour of the monarchy can participate in this election because it is election of Republican protest. The winner will be recognized as President of the Republic will be the head of State de jure.

Until a time ago we swore allegiance to the Fatherland, now we must pledge loayalty to a person who has not even been chosen by the people, there is something wrong with that. What is wrong is simple: we lost the right to choose the maximum head of the nation, even in dictatorships we had this right, even if it was with a single candidate. And I say to all you have hope for soon the monarchy will be knocked down and we return to shall be a great republic.
Alianza Demócrata Republicana de Egelion
Erisson Trindade

Postby Luis1p » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Les Nouvelles Lourenne

-Political Advisors urge The President to bring Rildanorian politician Francois Victorieux to Lourenne

-Canrillaise Treaty on Hold, Kanjor refuses to join

-Monarchist Coup?

Political advisers to Madam President Valèrie Forestier-Aliénor have decided to bring exiled Rildanorian politician Francois Victorieux to Lourenne and help him re-establish his position as president of Rildanor. Expert analyzers believe that if Francois can redevelop his republican strength in Lourenne, He can retake Rildanor and re-create the republic. President Valèrie will hope to start this procedure in 4320. No word has been given to the current Rildanor Government.

Flag of Indrala, Where Francois Victorieux is exiled. (ABOVE

Also, The New Canrillaise Treaty proposed by Lourrene is at a hold as a result of the neglect of Kanjor. Kanjor is recovering from a fascist revolution and has turned down the treaty. The treaty is not expected to continue unless all Canrillaise countries agree to it.

Recently, Pro-Monarchist Rebels have arisen in Carolleux. The Capital city. These rebels were debunked and had plans to assassinate the president and the cabinet officials to restore the Lourennienne Monarchy. No details have been given on the rebel suspects or if the president had any comments. However, the assassination of the president would mean economic collapse in Lourenne. As the Golden Age in Lourenne progresses, the thought of a monarchy in place is horrifying.

More to come from Lourenne.

Les Nouvelles Lourenne
Luis1p

Postby Luis1p » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Les Nouvelles Lourenne

Kanjorene Accusations of Meddling in Elections

Anti Monarch Endorsement

Chamber of Deputies (above)

Today, The government of Kanjor accused The PLL of Meddling in the Kanjor elections after the PLL's endorsement of an Anti Monarch party.

Première Ministre Charlotte was interviewed at the Chamber of Deputies in Eroncourt about the Accusations. Here is her response:

The False King of Kanjor is blaming his unpopularity on our sinple endorsement of a Political Party. Obviously the King is afraid of other parties dethroneing his self proclaimed authority. Lourenne will not be pushed around by the foolishness of false power by foreign entities such as Kanjor.

The Première Ministre will adress the Chamber of Deputies the following month.

Her Excellency Madam President Orléans is yet to address our officials on this Accusation.

More to come.

Les Nouvelles Lourenne
Luis1p

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:32 am

Les Nouvelles Lourenne

Eroncourt Re-Modernization almost complete, Capital Soaring over 9 million in population.

Presidential Palace Complete

Golden Age Continues

Revival of Operation Pro-Republic

Eroncourt, Capital above

Today marks 15 years since the Eroncourt Reconstruction began. Quickly over 5 million people migrated to the capital in search of jobs, housing, and new opportunities.
It sits next to the small city of Lac des Lumieres, which is next to Lac Lumieres (a lake).
The capital is currently prospering as well as Lourenne as a whole since the removal of the monarchy. Eroncourt is expected to have a huge celebration in the new city-wide stadium which will fit over 500,000 citizens.

Also in Eroncourt, The New presidential palace was completed. The outdated palace was destroyed and replaced with the Palais Présidentiel de Lourenne (presidential palace of lourenne) Below Image
ThePresident is to meet with Luthori officials to discuss a treaty in the palace.

In Foreign Relations, Operation Pro-Republic has started again in Kanjor. Lourenne Officials have begun a low key movement to end the Kanjor Monarchy. No other details have been released.

As the new decade begins, Lourenne is reaching new heights in the military and economy. Lourenne's Golden age continues as Terra prepares for a conflict nobody will forget.

More to come.

Les Nouvelles Lourenne
Luis1p

PreviousNext

Return to National News