Lourenne

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Lourenne Quotidien- National Defense

Postby Luis1p » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 pm

The National Defense is an independent newspaper based in Parmentier focusing on the Armed Forces of the Nation
Royal Navy Holds Massive, All-Fleet Exercises at Naval Bases
February 4700
Image of the Royal Navy's 2nd Response Fleet off the coasts of Rildanor
After two weeks of preparations, the Royal Ministry of Defense prepared a massive naval exercises for
all 5 fleets of the Royal Navy. The 1st Southern Fleet based in Pensancon, Kanjor held a massive troop
inspection and target practice exercise off the waters of the port-city. Members of the Kanjorien Navy
who have been working exclusively with the Royal Navy also joined the exercises. The Kanjorien National
Navy trained with the members of the Lourennais Royal Navy for the first time since 4680.

The Lourennais Second Fleet based in Rildanor met up with the Lourennais Third Response Fleet in Orono
and held a dual-exercise in the Anantonese Ocean. The second and third fleets were tasked to test the
precision and accuracy of the new Zolotor Radar system that was provided by Manon-Maison Communications
two months ago. The Zolotor Radar was funded by the national government using funds of the Titianaboa
Program which is Lourenne's program on securing the Northern Hemisphere's airspace through cooperation
with NORDIC.The second and third fleeets are the most technologically equipped fleets in the Lourennais
Navy as of today. MMC is currently creating new radar systems for the rest of the fleets as well. Completion
dates have not been given yet.

The Northern Fourth fleet (based in Kazulia) and the Rapid Reaction Fleet (Based in Parmentier) of the
Lourennais Navy held a similar exercise to the second and third fleets. The Fourth and the RR Fleet trained
new members of the navy on the various radar systems in use by the Royal Navy to help with NORDIC's
security mandate. The Fleet's frigate and destroyers held rapid fire practice in assault scenarios off the
beaches of western Outannais while radar use and training occurred in the Anantonese Ocean. Members of
the Royal Air Force also participated in the radar training to facilitate the process for troops in the navy.

The Royal Navy as of 4700, only has 4 bases internationally, scattered throughout the Ananotnese Ocean.
Members of the Ministry of Defense were questioned whether this number would increase to other areas
however, the ministry refused to release any details of the sort.
The National Defense is an independent newspaper based in Parmentier focusing on the Armed Forces of the Nation
Luis1p

Re: Lourenne Quotidien- The Eroncourt Press

Postby Luis1p » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:11 am

Regius Remotio Process Begins, Queen Consort, Palace Keepers begin Testifying
September 4700
Eroncourt, Joviant

Romi Beaudin, a palace keeper at the Palace of Lights, testifying at the Royal Assembly
Eroncourt, Joviant: This evening, Regius Remotio officially began at the Royal Assembly. Over 15 palace keepers from the
Palace of Lights arrived at the Royal Assembly and each one testified in front of all 675 members. Members who are part
of the Judiciary Council, Party leaders, and high ranking members of the Royal Assembly asked questions pertaining to any
secret meetings and/or 'illegal' processes going on in the Palace of Lights during their time there. Initial questioning lasted
for 7 hours before the Queen Consort testified.Due to the extent of the process, The Eroncourt Press received transcripts
of the most damaging answers from four different palace keepers below:

The following is a transcript between Francine Fichier, a palace bedroom keeper and Deputy Hernan of Outannais-14.

Hernan: Alors, Madame Fichier, could you explain how many times you saw Agente Didier at
    the palace?

Francine Fichier: Ouais, I saw the agente at the Palace over 3 times. He traveled with two of his companions most
    of the time. They always stayed in the west wing of the Palace where I kept the bathrooms and bedrooms. Their
    guest rooms were always full of foreign drugs and stacks of Kanjorien Rupees.

Hernan: How many of these rooms were full of the Rupees?

Fichier: Only one. Prior to Agente Didier staying at the Palace, the room was the Emperor's private study room.

The following is a transcript between Romi Beaudin, a palace servant to the Emperor and Deputy Sara Romaine of Louives-35.

Romaine: Now, mister Beaudin, you served the Emperor from 4695 to 4699. Did you meet or greet any of the suspects
    that this assembly has presented you?

Beaudin: Y- yes. I saw that man. His name was Agente Didier. The Emperor only introduced him to me once at a party.
    The Emperor told me he was part of the Royal Guard and was an old friend of his. He had returned from an assignment
    that night. I overheard parts of their discussion, but he was returning from Alduria and Kanjor.

Romaine: How many times have you seen.. Agente Didier at the palace?

Beaudin: Too many to count, madame.

The Following is a transcript between Martin Renault, a palace gardener, and Deputy Anna Beliaval of Lucande-9

Beliaval: Interesting Mr. Renault, and you said you saw this man digging in the palace grounds?

Renault: Yes- I did. I didn't approach him. I don't know what he was doing there. Le Jardin D'Or is a huge garden and
    for him to be.. there at that section of the garden is rare.

Beliaval: What section of the gardens was it?

Renault: It was at the corner of the garden bordering the great gates. It's part of the garden full of trees and unusual
    rugged natural patches of grass.

Beliaval: Who was it you saw there?

Renault: The Emperor's friend, LeBaron.

The Following is a transcript between Adrien Vernon, a member of the Emperor's transportation unit, and PRN Party Leader Nadia Chemak.

Chemak: We understand that you drove the emperor, his guests, and other members of the Royal Family to different
    locations. However, as it pertains to Agente Didier and LeBaron, did you ever drive them anywhere?

Vernon: Yes, madame.I drove Agente Didier several times to a building in the Auberlogne 11th District of Eroncourt. It was located
    on Rue de Champignon, it was a white, stone building. In fact it wasn't long ago that I drove him there.

Chemak: When was this?

Vernon: 2 weeks ago.

The final question session of the evening belonged to Deputy Yves, a member of the Royal Family Affairs office. His session called
for Queen Consort Marie to testify against her husband. For the first time in Lourennais history, a member of the Royal Family
entered the Royal Assembly pertaining illegal/judicial concerns. Similar to the palace keeper transcripts, only certain sections
of the testimony will be provided below:

Yves: Your Excellency, we are glad to have you here. We understand that these measures against your husband and heavy
    for you and the rest of your family. To begin, I want to now. Did you know of your husbands actions?

Marie: No, Deputy. I did not. I do not know my husband. Ever since he took the throne he has not given attention to me. I do not
    sleep near him. I took residence in the East Wing of the palace whereas he lived on the West. I would have loved to spend more
    time with him, but he refused. He preferred his long time friends Antoine and Turles.

Yves: Antoine and Turles?

Marie: Yes, they were always at the palace. They travel a lot. I assume they must have a substantial amount of money.

Yves: Do you think your husband is capable of committing crimes such as illegal money laundering and concealing of
    evidence from the assembly?

Marie: Absolutely.

The Regius Remotio Process will continue tomorrow with the testimony of Prince Louis V and Prince Robert. The Royal Assembly
is set to send arrest requests and searches to the National Police Headquarters today.
The Eroncourt Press is a national newspaper that focuses on Lourennais politics,foreign affairs, and local news
Luis1p

Re: Lourenne Quotidien-the Eroncourt Press

Postby Luis1p » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:52 pm

BREAKING:Crown Representative Yolande killed in Eroncourt, Government
Complex and Royal District on Lockdown

Image of Rue D'Alord in Eroncourt where Crown Representative Yolande was killed
Eroncourt, Joviant: The Eroncourt Press has received word from the Eroncourt Royal Police that at approximately 3:52
P.M. several calls came in from Eroncourt's shopping district about an armed man shooting at pedestrians as well as the
Crown Representative security team. Upon the arrival of emergency services over 5 people were sent to the Louis D'Aile
Hospital in critical condition and 3 people were confirmed dead at the scene, including Crown Representative Yolande
and a member of her security detail. The man according to the witnesses appeared to be in his early thirties and drove
a large van with a small Royal Guard insignia on the doors. Vans and other vehicles at the Palace of Lights' vehicle center
were immediately searched for any evidence. The Government Complex including the Royal Assembly and the Royal Hall
of Ministries have been put on lock down. Extra members of the Royal Guard have been put on security measures at the
Palace of Lights, which a few moment ago was put on lock don. More to come as updates are received.
The Eroncourt Press is a national newspaper that focuses on Lourennais politics,foreign affairs, and local news
Luis1p

Lourenne Quotidien-the Eroncourt Press

Postby Luis1p » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:54 am

Antoine Didier arrested in Eroncourt after death of Crown Representative
Eroncourt Security Police arresting Antoine "Agent" Didier in Auberlogne, Eroncourt
Eroncourt, Joviant: News sources around the country are beginning to report the arrest of Antoine Dider, an ex-member
of the Lourennais Royal Guard and apparent suspect in the murder of Crown Representative Yolande. Antoine Didier, who
also goes by "Agente Didier" is the person in question by the Royal Assembly regarding the transfer of Kanjorien tax
dollars to the Royal Family's accounts. Palace Keepers at the Palace of Lights "testified two days ago at the Royal Assembly
and identified Didier as the man who carried away the Emperor's money laundering scheme. According to witnesses, Didier
is also the main suspect in the recent murder of Crown Representative Yolande hours ago in Eroncourt. Members of the
Eroncourt Security Police took pieces of the Regus Remotio Transcripts and we're able to pinpoint Didier's location to a
a Premium Hotel Room at the Verinaldi Resorts, a hotel brand from The Royal Estates Hotels which was, according to the
police, being funded by the Emperor. Didier is set to appear in front of the Royal Assembly for questioning. The Eroncourt
Security Police are continuing to look for more members involved in the emperor's illegal acts.
Luis1p

Lourenne Quotidien-The Eroncourt Press

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:46 am

Antoine Didier Trial begins in the Royal Assembly, Deputies shocked at
given Information

Eroncourt, Joviant
March 4702

Royal Assembly members beginning Didier's trial in Eroncourt this morning
Eroncourt, Joviant: This morning, member of the Royal Assembly began the trial of Antoine "Agente" Didier the man
who was responsible for the death of Crown Representative Yolande and possibly for the illegal money laundering
accusation. Members of the Lourennais Royal Assembly and the judicial council began the trial at 9 a.m. At the point
of conclusion at approximately noon, members of the deputies were shocked after the damning information given by
Antoine Didier in regards to the Emperor. We have provided a transcript below which was created during the trial
between 10:12 a.m. and 10:57 a.m. below:
--------------------
    Lead Judicial Council Member, Trudi Courbet:I hope the severity of your actions are heavy to you Mister Didier. Not only have you ended the life of our Crown Representative, who did not have the chance to speak in front of us, butt it seems like you also helped the Emperor take this money from Kanjor. Explain yourself before you meet the same fate at CR Yolande.

Didier:That bitch didn't deserve to live. She took the Emperor from me. He was mine until she came in and ruined the fun. But I ended. Yes, I did it. She exposed her lover in front of a television screen. I couldn't let her do that to him.

Courbet:Wait, did you kill the Crown Representative because of you inner jealousy or was it an order from the Emperor?

Didier: Yes. He told me to. I long dreamed to have him give me that order. Like I said, she didn't deserve the Emperor. He is mine.

Courbet: How long have you and the Emperor been friends?

Didier: We've been really close..... friends..... for a long time. I went to school with him and his bastard brothers.

Courbet: Did your relationship with the Emperor cause you to kill the Crown Representative and launder money?

Didier: I just said that.

Courbet: How did you take the tax money from Kanjor?

Didier: Those fools in Kanjor still use public funds to sustain their monarch which is Charles but of course our stupid country can't accept those funds. All I had to do was infiltrate the lady protector's bank accounts as Charles, and transfer them to the emperor. Everything was working out fine until stupid Yolande figured out what I was doing.

Courbet: You think the Crown Representative alerted us about the millions of dollars in the Emperor's bank account?

Carl de Montagne, Member of the Royal Assembly who discovered extra money in the Emperor's bank accounts: Madame, pardon for the interruption, but this is correct. Crown Representative did alert us that the emperor's accounts were compromised.

Courbet: ...

Didier: See? She ruined my chances with the Emperor. She was jealous Charles wasn't excited in bed with her. But I got her. she can't deal with him anymore. Charles is mine and here to stay. Removing Charles as Emperor of Canrille is treason and you will go down in history as.. traitors! Traitors and cowards! You will- all ... burn!

Antoine Didier is removed from the chamber. Half and Hour Recession Begins. End of transcript from times 10:12 a.m. and 10:57 a.m.
--------------------
Antoine Didier gave more information about the second person involved in the illegal money laundering committed by
Didier on behalf of the Emperor. Police have begun to search for "LeBaron" the nickname given to the aforementioned
suspect. The Royal Assembly is setting a final vote on the the removal of the Emperor for next week regardless if "Le
Baron" is seized or not.
Luis1p

Lourenne Quotidien- National Defense

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Royal Ground Compnent Holds Exercises in Outannais, Louives as
focus on NORDIC increases

August 4702
Image of the Lourennais Royal Ground Compenent in eastern Louives
In 4697, The Ministry of Defense released new military protocols after military training with Kanjor.
These protocols are new strategies and tactics that have been crafted for use of the Lourennais Royal
Armed Forces. The new protocols were created to ensure a swift, rapid, and undetected deployment
of troops and to develop a deeper focus on immediate aerial support in different scenarios. The protocols
includes other various "secondary" strategies such as surprise attacks and Terrain-Adapting warfare.
The Ministry of Defense prepared a series of military drills and exercises that were extended for
four days.

On days 1 and 2, The Lourennais Infantry component relocated to the Rasten mountains in Outannais.
In the mountains, troops practiced long range shooting, holding defensive positions on steep mountain
slopes, and camouflage stealth movements. Troops practiced shooting at long-range from hill tops and
mountain tops to small to medium sized target at their base. Troops who excelled in those exercises
were given advanced training to form an elite sniper and sharpshooter unit. Troops that completed the
basic shooting exercises were then prepared to defend large open areas to paratrooper landings. After
mountain training and exercises, the Infantry component participated in a large aerial invasion simulation
where troops defended a mountain base from paratrooper units. As a final exercise, troops of the Infantry
component attacked small encampment at the base of many mountains to simulate a stealth night attack.

On days 3 and 4, the infantry component traveled to the jungle lowlands of eastern Louives. Troops
of the infantry component practiced stealth exercises in the lowland jungles. Troops were stationed
in large itches and ponds filled with seasonal rainwater to fully master the stealth and camouflage
component of the exercises. Troops were mainly assigned reconnaissance exercises within the jungles.
Fighting in the extreme rain forests, swamps, and jungles was kept at a minimum. The exercise in the
jungles was based on stealth, maneuverability in different terrains, and keeping mental stability in
such areas. Two days were deemed necessary for the terrain adaptation exercises because of the
importance it is towards the new silver shield protocols. After completing stealth and reconnaissance
training in Louives, troops returned to base for regular cardiovascular endurance and mental health
checks.

The exercises, as explained the Ministry of Defense, were necessary as a result of the extra resources
being put into NORDIC and the urge to have the nation's armed forces read y in case of an immediate
deployment or intervention in an escalated conflict.
Luis1p

Lourenne Quotidien- The Green Journal

Postby Luis1p » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:35 pm

The Green Journal is an independent newspaper based in Valois that focuses on the Lourennais Green Sector
Alliance Vert completes "Green Space" Program in Southern Lourennais Cities
Edition: August 4702
Skyline of Thiers, the first city to be part of the "Green Space" program now 50% 'Green'
Valois, Carolleux: After years of development and installment, Alliance Vert has completed their "Green Space" program
which sought to make 6 Lourennais cities depend at least 50 percent on renewable energy sources such as hydroelectric
power, geothermal power, wind power, and solar power. The green city project focused on cities that are quickly becoming
large urban areas in Lourenne or are already at that level but have been relying on traditional forms of electricity and
energy production. The four cities were specifically picked by Alliance Vert because of their lack of energy sector jobs
and their unusual high pollution levels. those cities were the cities of: Thiers, St.Madeleine, Iztapalata, Montpelier,
Colcomaté, and Nouveau Vasser. The project began with the installment of large solar panel fields in abandoned areas and
districts throughout each city. These areas included empty lots and crumbling buildings due to a failing infrastructure from
past decades. Wind turbines were installed in the open fields and forests in Louives and Carolleux. Wind power was focused
on the city of Nouveau Vasser because of its year-round, seasonal winds. Two hydroelectric plants were installed in Iztapalata
because of its location on the Valois River. Colcomaté, Montpelier, and Thiers were more focused on solar power and
geothermal energy. Because of these cities' locations deep in Lourennais mountain ranges, their access to hydroelectric power
sources and winds was low. However, solar power is a tremendous factor in the energy that is available to those cities. All
six cities now rely on renewable energy sources for at least 50 percent of their total energy production. It is expected that
over 15 to 20 thousand jobs have been created throughout the four cities. These jobs range from administrative positions to
facility overseers. Alliance Vert have gained millions of dollars from the new project. The company is focusing on keeping
assets and production materials stable in case any opportunities are open for the company to expand to other nations.
The Green Journal is an independent newspaper based in Valois that focuses on the Lourennais Green Sector
Luis1p

Re: Lourenne Quotidien-The Eroncourt Press

Postby Luis1p » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:54 am

Royal Assembly officially Removes Charles II from the throne, Louis V to
become new Emperor of Canrille

Eroncourt Security Police closing off the Palais des Lumieres prior to Charles' exit
Eroncourt, Joviant: Today is a historic day in Lourenne as all members of the Royal Assembly unanimously voted to
remove Charles II as Emperor of Canrille after the shocking news of his illegal money laundering scheme and his private
affairs with several people including Crown Representative Yolande and criminal Antoine Didier. Members voted on two
Resolutions, the first was on removing Charles II as Emperor and putting him under house arrest at the Royal Family's
residency in Meridia. The second resolution voted on was the immediate placement of Charles' younger brother, Louis V
on the throne of Lourenne and the Seat of Canrille. Louis V, 20, will become the youngest monarch of Lourenne and
Canrille within the next three days. According to Eroncourt police, the last suspect in the money laundering scheme
was found dead in Saint Aline, Outannais yesterday known as "LeBaron". "LeBaron" officially named Jacques Aisy-Eraux
was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head. Aisy-Eraux was another person whom the Emperor had a sexual
affair with. He was also in charge of hiding Antoine Didier's tracks as Didier transferred money to the Royal Family's
private assets, however, he did not do so as a result of spending 'countless' evenings at the Palace of Lights according
to Didier's private testimony. Louis V is set to address the Empire on the day of the coronation. We expect to release a
full timeline of the Emperor's Illegal actions next week.
Luis1p

Lourenne Quotidien-The Eroncourt Press

Postby Luis1p » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:27 am

Royal Navy Second and Third Response Fleets sent to Anantonese
Ocean, Fleets to attack any illegal unregistered ships

October 4703
Image of Four Parmentier class Frigates of the Second Response Fleet in the Anantonese Ocean
This morning, with urgency, the Royal Ministry of Defense approved orders for the deployment of the
Second and Third Response Fleets to the Northern Anantonese Ocen today following the most recent
actions by the Kalistani government which includes the legalization of privateers.The Royal Minister
of Defense, Bellamy Rémy, stated that "All 43 of the Second and Third Fleets have been given the order
to destroy any ships that are seen disturbing Lourennais trade off the coasts of the United Kingdom or
in the Anantonese Ocean. Ships that have not been registered at any of port and seen approaching our
ships will be effectively destroyed. "
. The Second an Third Response Fleets have been alerted that
"ships coming from Kalistan are more likely to disturb trade as they have no respect for international
trade or law".(Royal Ministry of International Affairs). The RMIA is expected to discuss future options
with the Ministry of Trade and Finances along with the Royal Ministry of Defense to create a possible
solution to ensure Lourennais trade is kept safe and Kalistan is held back from disturbing world peace.
Luis1p

Re: Lourenne Quotidien-The Eroncourt Press

Postby Luis1p » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:54 am

Trade restricted with Kalistan, Kalistani nationals banned from Lourenne
October 4703
Eroncourt, Joviant

High Chancellor Marinette Depaine with Ministers Adrien Agrest ,Bellamy Rémy,and Thiery Valbuena.
Eroncourt, Joviant: This afternoon, members of the Royal Cabinet and High Chancellor Marinette Depaine released a
public statement stating that all trade from Kalistan is and has been banned until further notice from the National
Government. Along with the restriction of trade, Kalistani nationals havebeen banned from traveling to Lourenne and
vice versa. The Royal Ministry of International affairs concluded that the Kalistani attitude towards Lourenne and
Lourennais citizens has become increasingly negative. Lourennais citizens in Kalistan have faced discrimination and
hate crimes since the Security Council voted to sanction Kalistan over their new pirate laws. The Lourennais Royal
Navy has already begun patrolling and actively securing Lourennais ships throughout the Anantonese Ocean to ensure
that trade isn't touched. As a further step of security measures, trade and travel to the nation has ended. The Royal
Ministry of Defense is considering a massive naval blockade of the nation until the Kalistani government ends the
active harassment and disturbing of international trade.
High Chancellor Depaine in the the public statement,
clearly explained that "Pirate Republics who seek to destroy international trade and defy international law must be
put into place as they do not have place within our region"
. The High chancellor is actively meeting with the Royal
Cabinet to ensure that the travel and trade ban are upheld and that trade remains secure in the Anantonese. Economists
say that the trade ban will not affect the Lourennais economy as few agricultural products were traded between
Kalistan and Lourenne however, restricted trade and an active naval patrol in the Anantonese Ocean is set to hurt the
Kalistani economy in the coming days.
Luis1p

PreviousNext

Return to National News