Saridan

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Saridani Journal

Postby Pepe the frog » Tue May 30, 2017 1:30 pm

The New Dawn Press
ARA elect new high profile leader

Above: New ARA Leader H.W Randburg giving speech after leadership victory

In the wake of their recent election defeat, and with resignation of former leader Lionel F Boschoff, the Alt Right Alliance have held a leadership election. Twelve candidates announced their interests in becoming the new party leader, however, after the first election round, Walter Van Staaden (Foreign Affairs Minister), Ivan Britz (Infrastructure Minister), and well known business man and former president of the Saridan Firearms Association H.W Randburg, emerged as the three favourites to lead the party. After the much anticipated second round debate, outsider H.W Randburg gained a strong lead in the polls, having a 10 point lead over expected winner Walter Van Staaden, and a 16 point lead over Infrastructure Minister Ivan Britz. There was much excitement surrounding Randburg's candidacy who has striking political similarities to ARA founder and former Staatspresident Dewald Liebenberg. Famous musician and ARA voter, Stefaan Maritz, in an interview with Good Morning Saridan, said that "it was the second coming of the messiah" when referring to Randburg's candidacy. Many ARA voters have been calling out for a "Liebenberg like candidate" to lead the party, so it was no surprise that Randburg won the leadership election by a landslide, taking 42.4 percent of the votes.

The story of the new ARA leader is certainly a remarkable one. Born in March 4162, H.W Randburg grew up in a poor farming community, his father, Pieter Randburg was murdered in 4171 by far left wing terrorists when H.W was just nine years old. In his young adulthood, H.W Randburg attended the University of Koeistad, however he dropped out of University to work for his uncle Victor Randburg, who was the owner of Randburg Industries, a then small scale oil and gas company. After the death of his uncle Victor, who died of a brain tumour in April 4186, H.W Randburg became the heir to his uncle's business at just 24 years old. By 27, H.W Randburg became Saridan's youngest multi millionaire. By the age of 33, H.W Randburg grew Randburg industries into the largest oil and gas company in Saridan, with the company being worth over 200 billion SAD in 4195. H.W Randburg became Saridan's most prominent self made billionaire amounting a net worth over 18 billion SAD by the year 4200. However in September 4212, H.W Randburg resigned as CEO of Randburg industries and handed over the position to his son Frederik. H.W Randburg who was a prominent member of the Saridan Firearms Association (SFA) became the organisations president in 4213. In his days as a CEO, H.W Randburg was a generous benefactor to the SFA, and had nothing but admiration for the association. From humble beginnings to billionaire businessman, H.W Randburg has many wondering if his next daring venture will be that of Staatspresident. Many ARA voters hold out hope that he will be as popular and as successful as former Staatspresident Dewald Liebenberg, only time will tell.
Last edited by Pepe the frog on Wed May 31, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt-Right Alliance
Pepe the frog

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Wed May 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Die Daaglikse Verslag: "Die stem van vryheid"
Lyme Disease Rates Saw Record Highs This Year
April 14th, 4219

Above: A Moulman's White Bellied Deer grazes in Kaap. Deer and Gazelles are prime carriers of the ticks that carry Lyme Disease

Lyme Disease has always been an issue in Saridan, considering its major traditional hunting and agricultural cultures, which bring people into contact with both game and field animals, both of which carry Lyme's disease. The disease is carried primarily by field ticks and fleas which are frequently carried by deer, gazelles, and occasionally field mice, rats, rabbits, and other smaller animals. Those working in agricultural trades often come into contact with the Borellia carrying ticks working in the countries wheat, coffee, and tea plantations.

The disease, while frequently treatable, and somewhat preventable, is a reality of work outdoors and recreational hunting, hiking, fishing, and camping, amongst other activities. The disease's symptoms are fever, headaches, exhaustion, and redness around the site of a tick bite. The disease this year has had an especially profound presence in Kaap, with Lyme Disease diagnosises having increased by 30%. Nationally, however, Lyme Disease rates increased this year at around a mean rate of 8%. Fevers, headaches, and exhaustion are not only physically uncomfortable, but also decrease the productivity of workers who develop the disease. If unchecked, the disease can develop into Meningitis, Arthritis, or facial nerve paralysis.

Both Government and non-governmental organizations are working to find a solution and to prevent further infections. The Siektebeheer Eenheid (Disease Control Unit), a division of the Ministerie van Welzijn en Gezondheidszorg's (Ministry of Welfare and Healthcare) Afdeling van de Siektes Voorkoming (Department of Disease Prevention) is currently working in fields to spray and collect samples of ticks for analysis and in order to destroy ticks which carry the bacteria responsible for Lyme's Disease. Bastiaan Swanepoel, General-Director of the Afdeling van de Siektes Voorkoming stated that "simple measures to fight the disease include wearing long pants and shirts when working or recreating in grassy or forested outdoors areas, and checking oneself for ticks and fleas afterwards and thoroughly washing oneself". So far this is one of the strongest recommendations of the Department. Dr. Kristiana de Cilliers, Senior Fellow of Disease Policy at the government-run think health policy think-tank Sentrum vir Nasionale Gesondheidsbeleid (Center for National Healthcare Policy" told our paper that the Center is working to develop policy recommendations for the Ministry of Welfare and Healthcare and the Department of Disease Prevention. She said that it is likely that "requiring employers to provide comfortable, long sleved clothing with closures and sleeves and legs, possibly providing a subsidy or tax write-off for these expenses, and public advertisements spreading awareness about the disease and resources for its prevention and treatment could go far in terms of stopping the spread of the disease."
theoriginaltrotka

Postby Pepe the frog » Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm

The New Dawn Press
ARA Appoint Controversial General As Defense Minister Candidate

Above: General R.F Wolfaardt in press conference following his appointment

Newly elected ARA leader H.W Randburg has appointed highly controversial Armed Forces General, R.F Wolfaardt as Defense Minister candidate. The man they call "the wolf" first gained notoriety in 4216 after he mercilessly tortured far left wing terrorist Bongani Thumali. General Wolfaardt described the torturing, which took place over three days, as "a hell of a hoot", and said he enjoyed "killing black commie bast*rds." General Wolfaardt has never been one to shy away from controversy, and in his latest rant, after being appointed as the ARA's new candidate for defense, he stated: "I will make Istalia my nuke dumpster, It's time to nuke Istalia folks." These statements were met with a loud cheer from the crowd, and a broad smile from ARA leader H.W Randburg. Staatspresident Oosthuizen said he was "deeply troubled" at the appointment of General Wolfaardt by the ARA, and said the statements made by General Wolfaardt about Istalia were "chilling." General Wolfaardt also stated that he would like to see Saridan legalise all forms of torture for it's Armed Forces. "It's time we legalise all forms of torture for our Armed Forces, no more taking the sissy way out, we win by being the toughest guys on the block, period." He stated at the press conference following his appointment. H.W Randburg came out in full support of his new defense candidate and his controversial statements, saying in an interview with The New Dawn Press: "General Wolfaardt is someone I respect greatly, he is a beacon of Saridani strength, I will make sure that we implement his vision for our armed forces, and yes that includes the legalisation of torture and the use of nuclear weapons, we have to be strong again."

Many feel as though the appointment of General Wolfaardt is a sign that Saridan will put Istalia on notice should H.W Randburg ever get elected. Some service men in the Saridan Armed Forces described General Wolfaardt as extremely anti Istalia and extremely pro Apartheid. The appointment of General Wolfaardt has gotten a big tick of approval by ARA voters with 92 percent of them saying they approve of Party Leader H.W Randburg's decision. For many in the ARA the possible Randburg Government is looking even more eerily close to the highly popular Liebenburg Government, with comparisons being drawn between General Wolfaardt and General Gerhard Van Staaden who was Defence Minister under Dewald Liebenburg. General Wolfaardt's appointment has been slammed by the liberal media as "dangerous", however, in a poll released by the Pienaar Institute, it found that a surprising amount Saridanians approved of General Wolfaardt's appointment with 34 percent saying that Wolfaardt is the right man to lead the Armed Forces. Dr Pieter Schoeman from the Pienaar Institute which conducted the poll, said: "Perhaps 34 percent is not the majority of Saridanians, but it is certainly a much bigger number than the liberal media is trying portray. If Staatspresident Oosthuizen is unsuccessful, that number of 34 percent could climb much higher." The appointment of General Wolfaardt is certainly one that grabs attention and makes the headlines, that seems to be the mantra of H.W Randburg's leadership of the ARA, all publicity is good publicity. H.W Randburg is certainly a man who likes to make a bold statement, and his decision to appoint General Wolfaardt has got the whole country talking.
Alt-Right Alliance
Pepe the frog

Postby TPPDJT » Wed May 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Die Koeistad Verslag
Former Staatspresident Niels Geert Remains Defiant Inspite of Recent Electoral Defeat

After surrendering a crushing defeat in the 4218 elections, Niels Geert has had to come to terms with the fact that he is now on the hit list of the liberal government. When asked about the Bright September Proclamation in a recent party meeting, the former Staatspresident had much to say. "I feel that this is a blatant attack on myself and my followers." "The DH ought to remember that they were only able to secure one province in the elections, while the KvdNH fielded 3. This shows that my party still has millions of supporters across Saridan." The former Staatspresident was also asked as to how he will re secure power in Koeistad. "Well, the KvdNH will continue to espouse the ideals of Duntrekker supremacy, a mixed market, and traditional Hosian values. However, we may adopt new positions to appeal to a larger section of Saridan."

Insiders in the KvdNH suggest that Mr. Geert is unhappy with the performance of the Alt-Right Alliance in recent elections. The ARA has never secured more than 50 seats since its refounding, and many among the right and far-right fear that this trend will continue, preventing the ARA-KvdNH bloc from securing a larger majority. Even when the bloc was in power, it held a slim majority of less than 10 seats, which prevented it from passing an ARA-KvdNH friendly administrative program. While the ARA will likely be the only ally of the KvdNH for years to come, it threatens to plunge the rightist bloc into years of electoral stagnation.
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:51 am

Die Burger
Government Prepared For Possibility of Prosecuting Wolfaardt
July 14th, 4219
Above: Prokureur-Generaal (Attorney General) Markus van der Leiden, right

R.F Wolfaardt, a general who personally tortured a left wing vigilante in a manner which has universally been agreed to have been inhumane, has come back into the light with his selection by the new Alt-Right Alliance as shadow Defense-Minister. In addition, comments made by Wolfaardt in the past few days demonstrate a severe and serious potential threat to world peace and relations between Saridan and Istalia.

"His recent comments that suggest no reform of character or adoption of morality and his nomination for an important position cause a great deal of concern, and the Office of the Prokureur-Generaal has decided that reopening a closed investigation into General Wolfaardt for war-crimes may he warranted" said Gijsbert Oosthuizen II, the son of the Staatspresident and his press secretary, to a group of reporters on Monday.

The office of the Prokureur-General has confirmed that the investigations have indeed be reopened, and that the Ministry of Justice has applied for a warrant from the Criminal Chapter of the High Court of Saridan to hold Wolfaardt under house arrest, possibly incommunicado (after seeing a lawyer), until a trial date is set. Under Saridani law, General Wfaardt could be liable to face up to twenty years in prison.
theoriginaltrotka

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:16 am

Die Burger
Staatspresident Extends Sympathy and Prayers to Victims of Suyu Llqata Terrorist Attacks
June 11 4219
Above: Gijsbert Oosthuizen, Staatspresident of Saridan, in a video message to Kazulia, Kalopia-Wantuni, and Istalia's Media and Heads of State and Government, as Well as Posted on Saridan government social media

Following yesterday's deadly terror attack upon a flight carrying Istalian, Kazulian, and Kalopian citizens, including refugees, by an insurgent group, the Staatspresident reached out to the people of those countries and their governments to express his heartfelt condolences and prayers.

Gijsbert Oosthuizen:
It is with sadness in my heart that we have to say these words around the world due to a wanton attack by terrorists. On this flight their were youths, there were old people, and there were refugees. I see in those young people who died on this flight my own children, children full of potential, ability, and promise to change Terra for the better in the future. In the old, I see my own father and mother, I see people who are loved by their children and grandchildren. All these innocent noncombatants have died, and they are all someone's child, parent, sibling or friend. The loss of promise and life to live is horrific, but the hole left in the lives of the Kalopian, Kazulian, and Istalian subjects and citizens who died because of political ideology turned ugly and disgusting

I will offer my prayers for the victims of the attacks and their families, and I hope that they find peace with Ariel and their families are able to reunite with them in the future in joy.

Istalians, Kalopians, and Kazulians living in Saridan and abroad, visting or permanent, have my great sympathy and I guarantee the sympathy of their friends and neighbors here. I hope that you know we here for you, and that our government's police and foreign services are willing to do all in our power and all wanted to help investigate this and bring any and all perpetrators and backers to justice.
theoriginaltrotka

Postby Pepe the frog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:27 am

The New Dawn Press
Randburg Refuses to Oust Wolfaardt

H.W Randburg speaking with journalists at Randburg Industries HQ

Alt-Right Alliance leader H.W Randburg has refused to oust new Defence appointee General R.F Wolfaardt. When asked by journalists on Wednesday, whether or not he would oust Wolfaardt over the possibility of his 4216 case reopening, Randburg answered with a defiant "No!" He went on to say: "There is no case here. What General Wolfaardt did at that time, was perfectly legal. Back then, it was legal to torture terrorists, he did nothing wrong. Believe me, I would Fire him if he did something illegal, but he didn't. This is nothing more than a political ploy by the dHD, who we all know are a puppet party for Istalia." Randburg's decision to keep General Wolfaardt was met by positive reactions from His Party with many taking to social media to praise him. Foreign Affairs candidate Rupert Steenburg posted: "Randburg completly destroyed any chance of this case reopening, my hats off to you sir."

Randburg's comments left many in the dHD stumbling for answers as to why the case needs to be reopened. Prominenent law professor Edward B Visser stated: "As horrible as what General Wolfaardt did, it was, at that time, legal. I'm not sure how the dHD are going to play the case to get Wolfaardt incarcerated, but I think it's a bit of a reach." However some members of the ARA remained worried that General Wolfaardt could indeed be prosecuted. Justice candidate Paul De Klerk said: "While we know that what General Wolfaardt did at the time was legal, the dHD won't let it go. We all know how crooked the dHD are, they will play dirty in the reopening of this case. They will more than likely collude with Istalia to get the result they want. We in the ARA must remain vigilant." How the case moves forward, nobody yet knows, but with billions of dollars at his disposal, H.W Randburg can and will certainly hire the best legal team money can buy. With such a powerful Saridan business figurehead at the helm of the ARA, bullying them won't be an easy task for the dHD. The question the dHD must ask themselves is, do they really want to focus on a long and extensive legal case? Or do they want to focus on the job that they were elected to do?
Alt-Right Alliance
Pepe the frog

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:41 am

Wolfaardt Served Summons and An Injunction
October 1st, 4219

Yesterday, General R.F Wolfaardt was served with summons to appear in court by the Sheriff of the High Court of Saridan. R.F Wolfaardt is permitted to speak to an attorney before the trial. He was also delivered several injunctions, due to the high profile of the case, as well as the public unrest that his stoking of fires in regarding the case may cause the Alt-Right Alliance's small but violence-prone supporters to riot or cause civil unrest.

General Wolfaardt should be tried on the 3rd of December, 4219. The injunctions that have been approved by the court are three in number. The first prohibits Wolfaardt from talking to ARA or KvdNH officials or supporters about the case. The second prohibits him from talking to the media about the case, and the third prohibits him from leaving his home in Koeistad except for supervised trips to public places like religious services, stores, family events, and the homes of friends. Under the conditions of the injunctions, Wolfaardt could be found criminally liable in addition if his Attorney or family relays information about the case to the media, and they could additionally be held criminally or civilly liable for contempt of court and violation of a High Court Injunction. Prokureur-Generaal Markus van der Leiden told Die Burger that the injunctions are "intended to protect the integrity of the case, with a volatile political situation and a case in which crimes against humanity may indeed have occurred, it is crucial that public opinion cannot sway the administration of justice, or threaten General Wolfaardt's safety or health in any way."

General Joost Steenkamp, Eerste Bevelvoerder (First Commander) of the Ministerie van Defensie (Ministry of Defense), who was once a commander of General Wolfaardt says "This case is very saddening. To see a good soldier who obeyed orders having gotten drunk with the power of great military authority is quite unfortunate. As someone who I believe Wolfaardt trusted and admired, and who viewed him like a son in our service to Saridan, I hope his punishment is reformative. A dark situation like that under the ARA can turn decent people into torturous savages."
theoriginaltrotka

Postby TPPDJT » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Die Koeistad Verslag
Niels Geert Calls for Crusade against Communism
April 21 4220

Former Staatspresident Niels Geert has officially called for a "crusade against communism." Speaking to a small group of reporters this Friday, Niels Geert harshly criticized the current administration of Staatspresident Gijsbert Oosthuizen for being "communist traitors masquerading as Hosian Democrats." He pointed to the recent meetings between the Istalian Liberty and Progress Party and the Staatspresident as a "secret meeting to plot the destruction of rightist governments across Terra." Mr. Geert promised to "ruthlessly root out the parasites in the government." Mr. Geert assured the gathering that he and the KvdNH would return to power in the next elections. "People are seeing what the DH really are, a cabal of elitist leftists who seek to destroy the patriotic forces of Saridan." Mr. Geert also claimed that he had "irrefutable evidence that Istalian officials have infiltrated the government and are actively attempting to bring it down." He also said that "The goal of Istalia is to overthrow the government and install a puppet regime." Mr. Geert warned the Istalian government that he would be taking action against them once he was elected again.

Above: Markus Reiner in a recent photo
At the same conference, Mr. Geert announced his new candidate for the Ministry of Internal Affairs. "Markus Reiner is a committed anti-communist who will root out subversive elements in Koeistad," promised Mr. Geert. When asked about the past of Mr. Reiner, Mr. Geert refused to comment. It has been claimed by leftist media outlets that Mr. Reiner served in KvdNH death squads that executed thousands. Mr. Reiner was unavailable for comment, but numerous social media and media figures back up the claims of these journalists. While the truth is unknown as of now, Mr. Geert had admitted that he is expecting an inquiry from Koeistad into the past of Mr. Reiner.
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Postby theoriginaltrotka » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:23 am

Oosthuizen to Geert: "Try Being A Good Citizen Instead of a Far-Right Ideologue For Once"
April 24th, 4220

Above: Oosthuizen Lectured KvdNH leader Niels Geert during his weekly address to the Volksraad

After Niels Geert accused die Hosian-Demokrate of communism, Staatspresident Oosthuizen fired back at a weekly address to the Volksraad, angrily targeting the Komittee van die Nasionale Herstel, in which he turned a retort, accusing them of communism, rather than himself, due to a KvdNH claim that dHD members and politicians were communists due to their pro-trade position and friendliness to Istalia. While most Saridaners now support pro-trade policies, and the enactment of laws which are intended to limit and prevent apartheid from being enacted upon the country in the future.

Staatspresident Oosthuizen began his address by telling the Volksraad about the large opportunities trade with Istalia and good, cooperative defensive alliance would benefit Saridan, then he turned his address to attack the notoriously racist, pro-apartheid KvdNH, accusing them of being poor citizens and communists.
theoriginaltrotka

PreviousNext

Return to National News