Mordusia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

PDP Declares Victory

Postby hoodie_pancake » Tue May 23, 2017 1:34 am

Terry Brown and his wife, Mary Brown, celebrate in the People's Democratic Party headquarters in Rechtenburg.

"We went into this election very optimistic," Brown paused, "We expected about six or seven seats." The audience laughed. "We made about twenty times that. It just shows that our nation is ready for a change. We sincerely hope that the Tea Party will seek to honor the will of the people, and work alongside us to make Mordusia a better place for all of us. We can do it, but only if we work together."

This speech was much more moderate and humble than expected from the usually flamboyant party leader. The "Revolutionary Post," the newsletter of the party's left-wing nationalist caucus, humbly displayed this ambiguous headline:

"We Won! Terry Brown Declares Glorious Victory, Reveals Plans for a New People's Republic!"
hoodie_pancake

TEA PARTY ELECTION WIN

Postby The Tea Party » Tue May 23, 2017 8:07 am

Well the results of the election are in: George Busch of the Tea Party has won the Presidency. He won on the promise that he will be Taking Care of Business and it's likely he will. The Tea Party has a strong reputation for keeping to their promises and it is likely President Busch will do the same. When he was declared the victor he stated:

Democracy has spoken. The people have chosen me and my party to lead our nation. And as I said on the campaign trail, I will be Taking Care of Business. I will help the people get jobs, I will fix the healthcare system and I will protect our country. We will continue growing our economy and strengthening our military which is key to a great nation. Minister of Foreign Affairs Pauline Branson has been discussing the opportunities ahead for our country and they look great. Adam Murphy, Minister of Food and Agriculture has helped our farmers when in times of trouble and I will help our country when in times of trouble. I did a good job when I was Chancellor, let's see how well I do as President.

George Busch wins the 4214 election.

In the Congressional elections he won over the states of Sammodra, Talasor and Adubura. Sammodra voted for Busch because of his promise to increase employment opportunities and Sammodra has an unemployment rate of 9.33% which is one of the highest in the world. Adubura also voted for Busch because many company owners and rich people live there and he proposed tax cuts for businesses and is urging for the government to lower taxes on the rich. The people of Mordusia are really looking forward to seeing what the future holds underneath this new president and time will tell how well he does.

Aaron Ward
Political Analyst
Chronicles of Mordusia
Last edited by The Tea Party on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Tea Party

Re: Chronicles of Mordusia

Postby Uhtred » Tue May 23, 2017 10:40 am

New Labour, New Mordusia Presidential hopeful Michael Ashworth admitted the party had had a 'difficult night' in yesterday's elections, as the party slumped to their second worst defeat since entering Congress nearly 60 years ago. It was doubly disappointing for Ashworth who at the 4211 elections had received more votes than any leader since New Labour icon Tristram Barnett.

Addressing party faithful this morning a sombre Ashworth said
"I take responsibility for the result. The public have spoken and unfortunately we were unable to win enough people to our argument. What is clear is that the politics of the 4160s or the 4190s do not have the answers for this new century. The country has changed and we must change. The challenges we face have changed and so our response must change. Our founding words say that we must not shy away from the future, but stride into it with confidence, and that is what we must do."

Election Analysis

The record 7.4% fall in New Labour's vote share could in fact have been even worse for the party as exit polls showed only 51% of 4211 voters backed the party this time round. 22% of that vote was lost to the People's Democratic Party, 15% to One Mordusia and 8% to the Neoliberal Party. This split in the party's base is further apparent when 4214 New Labour voters were asked for their second choice at the election, with 36% naming the right wing party One Mordusia. Supporters divided 76/24 in favour of the People's Democratic Party in the Presidential runoff.
Any drift to the left thus risks losing the party around a quarter of its current vote, with no guarantee of winning voters back from newer left wing rivals. A drift to the right risks even further collapse. Ashworth's comments do seem to suggest however that the party will seek a change of direction.
Uhtred

Early Elections Called - Neoliberal Party nominates Sean Mar

Postby zerooverzero101 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:32 am

With the parliament calling for early elections after the collapse of the New Labour, New Mordusia party, the parties of Mordusia have scrambled to hold primaries as early elections seems like an inevitability with a majority of votes in favor.

The Neoliberal Party just concluded its Presidential Primary, with Party Chairman and Congressman Sean Martin winning the parties nomination. He is expected to face George Busch as well as others in the upcoming elections. Congressman Martin had this to say:

I am humbled and honored to receive the nomination for President from the Neoliberal Party. I promise that I will work day and night for the benefit of the people of Mordusia. This is a new era for Centrism. We are hoping, and expecting, big wins for the party.

When asked about the status of the Mordusian Alliance of the Right, Congressman Martin had this to say:

Mr. Park and I have not spoken about this election because of its abrupt commencement. The Neoliberal Party, after performing strongly in the elections, feel that it was necessary our voters have a chance to express themselves. Should I fail to make it past the first round of voting, I will endorse the One Mordusian candidate for President.

Complete results for the primary can be found here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=520005
zerooverzero101

Announcement from Sean Martin on the Election Results

Postby zerooverzero101 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:45 am

The special election results have concluded, and the results are not so different from the special elections held almost two years ago. The Tea Party's George Busch and the PDP's Terry Brown once again faced off in the first two rounds.

Sean Martin, the Chairman of the Neoliberal Party as well as its Presidential Candidate said about the election to a crowd of Neoliberal supporters:

I would like to congratulate President Busch on his victory tonight. Now,
I know it was not the victory that I... that we wanted, but it's a victory over the left. We gained some seats tonight, and so did our allies, One Mordusia. I look forward to a productive term. Thank you, and god bless Mordusia.

The Neoliberal Party chairman has undergone some controversy within his own party, especially with his decision to ally with One Mordusia. Neoliberal party voters had some uncertainties about the MAR, and see it as compromising centrism for a strong right alliance.
zerooverzero101

Tea Party Election Win

Postby The Tea Party » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:42 am

President George Busch of the Tea Party has been re-elected for President. His promising campaign slogan "Taking Care of Business" and strong reputation were key reasons for his re-election. As well as re-gaining the Presidency, the Tea Party also re-gained the Congressional Majority and the amount of Congresspeople from the Tea Party has increased. Congress Majority Leader Malcolm Hancock was especially pleased with the turnout:

Today, our people have made the decision to stay on track and stay with the Tea Party. We will continue to create positive policies that improve our nation and we will continue Taking Care of Business. The number of Congresspeople we have in the Congress has increased significantly, and this allows our bills to pass through the Congress much more quickly and much more efficiently and that is going to help us fix our nation.

Congress Majority Leader Malcolm Hancock (Tea Party) delivers his speech on the Tea Party's Congressional victory.

President Busch has also made his statement on his win:

Democracy has spoken! And it says that the Tea Party will continue to Take Care of Business. This term, I will not just focus on our nation, I will also focus on other nations and forming trade deals, military alliances and putting Mordusia back in the international stage with the help of Minister of Foreign Affairs Pauline Branson. Our nation will be in great shape once I'm done with it. I may or may not run for a third consecutive term due to my age but I believe that whoever my successor is will continue on with my hard work. Anyway, let's get back into the now. We need to stop the talking and continue Taking Care of Business.

President George Busch delivers his victory speech

In his last one and a half terms he did improve the economy and change our nations public systems dramatically and it seems that he has intentions to get our country "back on the international stage" or in other words become a world power. We'll see what he does this time but for now, we just need to sit back and wait to see the outcome of his second/third term.

Aaron Ward
Political Analyst
Chronicles of Mordusia
The Tea Party

Postby Lertus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Mordusian Labour Party celebrates it's electoral success
MLP leader Kirk Brand gave a speech to party's supporters.

After gaining 108 seats in the Congress thanks to Labour Party's second and best to date electoral performance party chairman Mr. Kirk Brand gave the following speech:

*crowd is cheering loudly*

"Thank you!"

"For past few months we visited different places all over this country, met many wonderful people, but most importantly we brought hope. Hope for working people all over this country struggling with their every day lives."

"I guarantee that we will live up to our promises. We will do what we said we will do. We will support civil liberties and worker's rights. No longer will our people be subject to unfair treatment from big banks and huge corporations."

"And I'm sure that our newly elected Congressmen and women, including me, will help me achieve these goals."

"I would also like to thank all of our volunteers who did such an amazing job. When we begun our campaign there was only 1,500 of you. Now we have over 150,000 member and still counting!"

*crowd cheered once again*

"So once again thank you and see you in Congress!"
Lertus

Postby Lertus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:38 pm

MLP interested in forming a new cabinet
Mordusian Labour Party's leader Kirk Brand held a press conference earlier today
"Thank you very much for coming."

"Seeing the results of this year's election it is quite clear to me that a new government needs to be form in order to ensure that our people get the best from us. This is why I called this press conference. In the election our party has gained 108 seats in the Congress. Millions of people in this country put their trust in us and our policies. So let me say this, believe me, that our party is willing and able to form a new government. We would like to form a government which will make sure that we expand civil liberties of our people not limit them, that we help the working people of this country. I'm sure that some will call this a 'power grab' or something of the sort, but these are the same people who stand against the values of not only this party, but also this nation and it's citizens. Whether we will lead this coalition or will be a junior member remains to be seen, but nonetheless I am certain that an agreement can be reached."

"I would also like to invite party leaders who share are values to the talks. What we will do will certainly be beneficial for this country."
Lertus

Postby The Tea Party » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Tea Party Election Win

After Early Elections were called last night and voting finished at 12 o'clock today; the results are in for the Tea Party. They have gained an extra 33 seats in the Congress and once again Camden Brady came third in the first round of Presidential Elections. Here's what he had to say:

As leader of the Tea Party, I would like to say that I am proud of our recent accomplishments. We are Taking Care of Business and the people want us to continue Taking Care of Business. However, during the last term of Government, we have not been as productive as we could have been. So, I'm going to change that. I promise, that my party will produce at least ten bills, and throughout those bills we will see at least fifteen articles. This will ensure the public that we are doing our jobs and that we are Taking Care of Business! Thank you everybody!

Camden Brady delivers speech on recent elections.

Leader of the Tea Party in the Congress Martha Donsley, was also impressed with recent turnouts.

I am quite impressed and satisfied with the recent elections. The Tea Party's community has grown which means we need to do a better job. We are currently doing a good job but we could be doing a great job when it comes to serving the people. It doesn't matter if we get the presidency or not, serving the Mordusian people is what matters.

Martha Donsley on the recent Tea Party turnout.
The Tea Party

Postby The Tea Party » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am

PAULINE BRANSON CAMPAIGNS TO REMAIN AS MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Minister of Foreign Affairs Pauline Branson, is worried that she may lose her position under the Government Procedure Act. The Act. clearly states that "the process of forming a government will begin after an election" and that the " Presidential Party has two tries at successfully forming a Cabinet". Minister Branson has been famous for her crackdown on illegal immigration, putting Mordusian companies and workers first and developing strong ties with Baltusia. In spite of recent statements about her dismissal made by the media, she has recently begun her campaign to protect her position. This is what she has recently stated;

Due to recent elections and a new Cabinet proposal being questioned, I am marking my campaign to protect my position as Minister of Foreign Affairs. I am currently working with Baltusia on developing a military and economic treaty which is important for not just Mordusia and Baltusia but the international community due to the fact that Mordusia is located close to nations such as Aldegār and Sadrian which have attempted to provoke conflict and have successfully done in the past. If I am removed from my position, our hard work will disappear and our nation's ties with Baltusia will collapse.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Pauline Branson talks about the importance of her remaining as Foreign Secretary

I personally believe, that it would be a stupid first move for the President to remove Pauline Branson from her position as her work is highly important to the economic and military development of Mordusia. The President has made remarks previously about Minister Branson's visits and may continue to do so in the future.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Pauline Branson with Baltusian Foreign Secretary Richard Hurt

Aaron Ward
Political Analyst
Chronicles of Mordusia
The Tea Party

PreviousNext

Return to National News