Likatonia

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Likatonian Nadezhnyĭ Herald - LNH

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:18 pm

L N H | L Y U D I . N O V O S T I

~ Likatonian claims on Migadon,
January 2958 ~

In the most recent release from the office of VDR administration, it has been clearly stated that the Likatonian government "can no longer avoid the ground facts and remain inactive". The Bessmertnyĭ expressed his deepest concern on the issue: "We've been looking out our window into the island of Migadon for a terrible, terrible long time, witnessing daily a martyr's land. We have been receiving letters from citizens and inhabitants of the great island, all shared in confidence, which speak of terrible injustice. The government of Telamon has long abandoned those people. We believe it is time we interfered and took control."

Massive fleet forces have been ordered to set sail towards the island of Migadon, as it has been reported."
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:04 am

~ Radical nationalization; VDR on the lookout for contracts,
March 2958 ~

The table of the Zakonodatelʹnyĭ Council has been filling constantly by radical proposals concerning the nationalization of the economy. The government is already on the move, mobilizing police squads and retrieving ownership of private businesses and property. "We expect the profits and ownership of larger companies, including all international investments in Likatonia be handed out peacefully to the VDR", the party's spokesperson stated earlier this morning at a brief press conference. "It is a matter of national security and awareness and through the people's support we shall continue our nationalization work uninterrupted. Obey or face the consequences."

Meanwhile, the Defense Ministry reports: "With grand military reformations on the coming soon, we are in need to upgrade our equipment. We also face the necessity to conduct several purchases of all sorts of weaponry as well", was the comment of DM Putána Lavrikos. It is expected soon that the Defense Administration of Likatonia will be out on the market offering deals to interested dealers and/or nations. "Recruiting has began and it is expected that with the new budget proposal the military will grow in numbers and in power. We also need to fund our soldiers out in Migadon."
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:00 am

~ DM closes down the Bureau; internal chaos erupts,
September 2959 ~

Shortly after the commencement of the internal conflicts in southern Likatonia, the Defense Ministry ordered all ships released to Migadon to return immediately, while the closing down of the Bureau of the Defense Administration of Likatonia was next on the agenda. "We need to address the immediate problems in our nation first", VDR spokesperson stated. It seems as though the current government has grown so unpopular in lower class circles that many citizens frequently join the rebel groups tagged as anarchists and members of outlawed communist organizations. "Most commonly referred to, these scum desire the destruction of the nation's foundations and the return to anarchy, where rule and order and stability cease to exist. And therefore no progress is made", was the comment of a member of the Zakonodatelʹnyĭ Council.

The government was unavailable even to make comments on the Lodamun response to the Migadon initiative.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:45 pm

~ Nation plunged in chaos,
July 2963 ~

Almost half a decade since the commencement, or rather of the continuation of the disruption of civil order and political stability, and still, Likatonia is deeply plunged in that internal chaos we would like to call as civil war, despite the government's fundamental retorts on the matter, as they claim at least. But disregard that comment, the government will shut us down eventually for saying that. They're pretty biased you know. St. Vodinsburg has been transformed literally into a military versus the rebel groups style battle, and many political analysts feel as though "the terrorists have taken over the country". More specifically, last week, during the period we were unable to print anything, a rebel group, as reported of being consisted of about 200 men, infiltrated the grounds of military base 117 in northern Vodinsburg and successfully launched missile attacks on the city, which was occupied by military personnel at that time. The government has been unavailable for comment and we have strong belief that the cabinet members are operating from abroad, or in fact are secluded in disclosed safe areas.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 am

St. Vodinsburg beneath the mushroom's deadly force

~ Capitol nuked; 2,350,000 casualties counted so far,
March 2967 ~

As the combat between the National Army and all the authorized forces of the government against the steadily gathering rebel groups continued, the citizens of St. Vodinsburg felt quite uneasy about the case. The almost 5 million citizens of the capitol, those that were relocated back within the city's premises after the massive sweep program the government had initiated years ago, have been caught in an immense blast, which tore down every building and left nothing alive. Authorities are using every force and means possible to limit the radiation. Reports of southern winds have come to tone down the tension a bit, in front of the hopes of pushing the remains of the blast north to the sea. Nevertheless, reports until now speak of 2,350,000 casualties counted so far.

A few weeks ago several rebel groups were reported to enter the region of Sorbanika. The government had initiated several police forces at the scene, and battles began in the countryside, ranging from simple firearms to the emergence of tanks and military personnel after the deterioration of the situation a few days later. Inside the chaos that followed with the appearance of more gunmen, the rebel groups managed to infiltrate an military base, torturing and executing all 278 members of the area. Concerns were raised from the public about the movement, but the government kept all information disclosed. In fact, the rebel groups launched a nuclear attack and successfully destroyed the capitol. Shortly afterwards, the whole national army, excluding personnel on the borders with Valruzia, was ordered to enter the military premises of the specific base and kill without hesitation. The operation was successful. In the blast, no political member was killed, as the parliament offices had been moved years ago to the city of Esirovo, in the region of Gokitan.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 am

~ VDR seeks dimplomatic alliance with Lodamun,
April 2967 ~

"Throughout these long years no side sought reason during the constant aggressiveness between the Lodamun people and the Likatonian citizens", was the comment of VDR spokesperson earlier this morning. 'In light of the recent events that have plunged our nation into chaos, we seek to establish in a more practical level our view of Lodamun and what our real goals are in regards to the nation and government of Lodamun. To answer the URP's claims of a hostile attitude, we propose a diplomatic treaty between Lodamun and Likatonia, a peace initiative, a document that will ensure the slow and easy steps towards stability and hopefully friendship."

The VDR and the Likatonian government are currently on standby for Lodamun's response to the proposal.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:47 pm

"They come and grab our eggs and chicken!"

~ Likatonian government comments on Lodamun's response for peace negotiations,
January 2968 ~

"Likatonia has led many different governments and regimes, no wonder the Lodamese people are so afraid to sit in the table with us", was the comment of Dzhon Sábya himself to the recent negative response towards a peace proposal, "however, Lodamun chose to abandon reason for insecure madness, one which has no basis or thesis for approval. This is a national dictatorship, chosen and supported by the Likatonian people, we have no reason to attack or even to contemplate on the wonderful merits of dismissing a friendly outcome by waging war and supporting unreason after ongoing through an extensive decade of internal disruption." The Bessmertnyĭ has also denied Lodamun's claims of any more internal disruption taking place anymore in the nation. "Things have cleared now, and despite the signs of internal war we are steadily moving forward, and that is proven by the recent military and police reforms, as well as the upgrades we have done and the stability we have succeeded."

After the recent surge of irrationality from Lodamun's borderline, several reports have come of military aggression from the side of Lodamese troops. "They come and grab our eggs and chicken", was the comment of a local farmer near the northern part of Sorbanika. In the meantime, authorities certify that radiation has been forced under control through the technologies served by Haven Worldwide. The Ministry of Internal Affairs is currently reviewing these reports, despite foreign policy's leniency towards border control.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Lodamun's view of peace

~ Lodamun's true face,
April 2968 ~

Following the latest surge of violence in the borderline with Lodamun, several armored divisions of the National Army have been ordered to become present at the scene. "We are proceeding towards reforms and radical constitutional orders to address this situation with actions", was the comment of VDR spokesperson earlier this morning.

The government of Likatonia has been undergoing the path of radical movements and immediate actions after it learned about the odd incidents in the borderline. Reports were filled of soldiers entering Likatonia and killing and raping without any discretion or respect for human life. "They treat the 'warmongers' as they say like garbage. Not so peaceful after all. Who's the real scum now, ah?", a local citizen of Sorbanika said when asked about Lodamun's recent actions. The regions of Sorbanika have been greatly affected by the neighboring nation's recent surge for conflict. Many villages have been looted, and Lodamese soldiers cross the borderline without any hesitation. Some reports of women being raped have been declared valid by the FLBI.

However, it is unknown at this point what the Likatonian government's next movement will be but 'we won't sit and watch our children being raped and killed within our own borders', as Mr. Sábya said. "It is now a matter of time."
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:37 pm

~ Negativity rising against the government,
May 2968 ~

Recent polls that came to light, having being conducted by a now extinct and totally bankrupt research department, indicate a steadily increasing aggression and negativity rising against the Likatonian government, which after allowing the capitol to be nuked by failing to eliminate the rebel groups and restoring order in time, is now proceeding towards drastic measures of preparation for war with Lodamun. "We see the meanness of Lodamun's thinking but what our government is doing is inexcusable", was the statement of an attorney, father of two and husband to a very happy family. "Taking our children again and leading them to slaughter", was the wife's bitter cry for justice.

Several civil rights groups have stated their open protest against the latest hostilities between the two nations, and sanctions are being driven against them on the basis of violating constitutional standing.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Citizens have taken it to the streets

~ Citizens in Revolt,
May 2968 ~

After the government's choice to ignore all citizen calls for peace and proceed towards imposing a strict police curfew, limiting the people's freedoms, the citizens took a massive leap of faith and have taken their arguments to the streets. Almost 75% of the population is participating in this motion, which has blocked national services, highways, even borders. Most major civil services have closed down in head of the national strike, while the whole Likatonian economy has been set to standby as shipments and airports have been driven to a halt. Several clashes with the police have occurred during the latest hours before print, nevertheless, millions and millions of citizens are now out in the streets, demanding the government to back down or quit from duty.

There have been reports of military man refusing to do duty but these remain unconfirmed at this point.
The Terran Times
GreekIdiot

PreviousNext

Return to National News