Vorona

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Vorona Daily

Postby Batman337 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:56 am

Supreme Court Justice James Pew on theFurmen decision
Godwinchster Daily News

February 24 3783

Supreme court Justice James Pew was chose(a Furmen appointee) to give a court Minority briefing on the Vorona V. Furmen case. Here's what he said:

This was a very hard yet fair decision, prior to our voting President Furmen was asked to represent himself before us we got a letter of his stating that he would not waste his breath. Even after this however the minister of Justice Mrs. Sinclair Ayers believed we ought to have a debate still. To make a long story short, I thought that I would be the only one to vote for the President, so I planned to obtain when a miraculous thing happened, Bailey Davis(a Newbury appointee) voted for the President. Although he was found guilty I still believe that getting an opposing appointee to vote for you is a win.
Independent Consul Party- Inactive

Voronan National People's Party- Inactive

Reformist Party- Inactive

HNHP- Active
Batman337

Postby MarkWill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:03 am

President Newbury Takes Strong Stance Against Sekowo
The Godwinchester Telegraph
February 21, 3783

President Newbury speaks to the nation.

In a special address that was broadcasted on all television networks and radio channels throughout Vorona, President Newbury layed out her plan in response to the growing military threat that Sekowo posed to Vorona and the rest of Dovani.
My fellow Voronans, those of you who have been following current events may be aware of the tense relationship between Vorona and our once ally, Sekowo. Former President George Cromwell and Former Sekowo President Crewe McKinnon were great friends, and each respected the others position and his nations' sovereignty. However, under the Furmen Administration, a shady agreement was made between current Sekowo President Li Rio Jin Chika and former President Furmen, who is now in federal prison. That agreement would make Vorona a vassal state of Sekowo, and it would require our people to pay the Sekowan government one-thousand DNT per month, for no particular reason. This has already raised multiple eyebrows from leaders around Terra who question how such a thing could happen, and I myself wonder how our nation could afford to pay one-thousand DNT to Sekowo when we are billions in debt and our current deficit is more than seventy-nine million DNT. I campaigned on a platform to restore Voronan sovereignty and to bring fiscal discipline to a capitol that had run amok. Those principles received the support of more than three-fourths of the people of this nation. Three out of every four people in this nation do not want Vorona to be a vassal state to a distant and foreign land. Three out of every four people in this nation do not want to pay one-thousand telars to a distant and foreign land. Three out of every four people in this nation do not want our government to be controlled by unknown politicians from a distant and foreign land. What the people wanted was independence, and that is what I have set out to do. Conservatives in Congress have proposed a bill that would terminate Vorona's status as a vassal state, but due to constitutional voting requirements, it'll take some time. Last month, however, I preemptively issued an executive order to withdraw any more payments to the Sekowo government. That same executive order included another provision to terminate our nation's status as a vassal state. That is fully within my power to do, and therefore I did it.

It appears, however, that President Li Rio Jin Chika and the politicians in Sekowo are not pleased with Voronan sovereignty and independence. They say that they will not hesitate in laying down sanctions on our nation. They say they will close down our embassies. They say they will send "peace agents". They even say, perhaps if the "peace agents" do not accomplish their supposed duty, that they will even send troops to our nation. I am not one to hesitate either. That is why as President of the Republic of Vorona, I have issued Executive Order 03, which shall impose sanctions on the nation of Sekowo through an increase in tariffs to 25% on Sekowan exports, an embargo on Voronan exports to Sekowo, and the freezing of all assets in Vorona held by Sekowan governmental officials. The Executive Order also restricts all forms of travel between Vorona and Sekowo and requires all Sekowan military, diplomatic, and otherwise non-civilian personnel to leave the nation in a period of two months. The Sekowan embassy and consulate have been closed indefinitely. These measures have been taken to pressure Sekowo from taking any direct military action against Vorona, and to prevent any needless conflict which may arise from this situation. I will keep the people of this nation updated on this matter. God bless Vorona.

Executive Order 03 has been published below.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 03

- - - - -

IMPOSING SANCTIONS ON THE NATION OF SEKOWO

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the Republic of Vorona, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1) Recognizing the trade relationship between Vorona and Sekowo is critical to the economic well being of Sekowo, the Republic of Vorona shall impose sanctions on Sekowo through the following ways, which shall take effect pursuant to the signing of this executive order:
a) increasing tariffs on Sekowan exports to 25%.
b) an embargo shall be placed on Voronan exports to Sekowo.
c) all assets of Sekowan governmental officials shall be frozen for a period of 7 months.

Section 2) Travel shall be defined as "any physical or mechanical operation to transfer an individual from one place to another by land, sea, or air." The following shall take effect pursuant to the signing of this executive order:
a) travel between Vorona and Sekowo shall be restricted
b) all forms of transportation from Vorona to Sekowo shall be automatically terminated.

Section 3) Recognizing the Vorona-Sekowo Cooperation Treaty has remained ratified by both nations, and further recognizing that the Treaty calls for one embassy and one consulate for each nation on the others land, define the following terms: "military personnel" and "diplomatic personnel". Military personnel shall be defined as "those persons serving in the armed forces of Sekowo, and all affiliated equipment, materials, and resources belonging to the said entity." "Diplomatic personnel" shall be defined as "all Sekowans in employment of the Sekowan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or other equivalent." The following shall take effect pursuant to the signing of this executive order:
a) all Sekowan military personnel in Vorona must leave the nation within the next two months.
b) all Sekowan diplomatic personnel in Vorona must leave the nation within the next two months.
c) the Sekowan embassy and consulate in Vorona shall be closed indefinitely.
d) all non-civilian Sekowans in Vorona must leave the nation within the next two months.

EDITH NEWBURY
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby Batman337 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:54 pm

VNPP dies after Congressmen revolt

The change in party leadership didn't go over as well with the other Republican Congressmen as the Wells and Burnleys would've liked. In fact upon hearing the transition into a communist party many Reps tried to overthrow the Burnley family, they unfortunately failed. This lead in 15 congressmen dying and many others fleaing from the Party. The Burnley's have also fled the countries many our sadden by this as one again nothing remains of the Republicans,only this time no one expects they'll return.
Independent Consul Party- Inactive

Voronan National People's Party- Inactive

Reformist Party- Inactive

HNHP- Active
Batman337

Postby MarkWill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:35 pm

President Newbury Terminates Lourenne Vassal State Status
June 28, 3783

President Edith Newbury has issued an executive order which terminates the Grand Empire of Lourenne's status as a vassal state to the Republic of Vorona. While the relationship was low-key and hardly paid attention to by anyone, President Newbury believed that just as Vorona wished to seek national sovereignty, so the people of Lourenne should as well. She stated that "after many years strengthened through economic and military ties between Vorona and Lourenne, it is time to end the vassal state status. I look forward to engaging in official diplomatic relations once the affairs of Lourenne have been settled by the government of Lourenne."

EXECUTIVE ORDER 04

- - - - -

TERMINATING LOURENNE VASSAL STATE STATUS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the Republic of Vorona, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1) Recognizing that the Grand Empire of Lourenne is currently a vassal state to the Republic of Vorona, and also recognizing that Vorona herself wishes to seek independence from Sekowo, the following provisions shall take effect pursuant to the signing of this executive order:
a) the status of Lourenne as a vassal state to Vorona shall be terminated.

EDITH NEWBURY

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby MarkWill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:06 pm

Winton Vincent Speaks Before CSCO
June 29, 3783

Vincent spoke before the CSCO.

Winton Vincent, the Newbury appointee in January to the post of Permanent Representative to the Collective Security and Cooperation Organization (CSCO), spoke before the CSCO regarding the current tension between Vorona and Sekowo. The following is the transcript.
Members of the Permanent Council of the CSCO,

I come before you today to reveal the dire situation currently unfolding in Dovani. While many leaders throughout Terra are fixated on the conflict within Dankuk, another issue continues to grow in the background. That issue is the worsening of relations between the Republic of Vorona and the nation of Sekowo. Under the administration of Chuck Meghan Furmen, an international disgrace and currently an inmate at a federal prison, a shady agreement was signed with President Li Rio Jin Chika to turn our sovereign nation into a puppet state. President Newbury terminated the vassal state status of Lourenne to Vorona because she strongly believed that all nations have a right to self-governance. However, President Chika of Sekowo does not think this way. While President Newbury responded to President Chika's increasingly alarming levels of aggression through economic measures, President Chika has declared that Sekowan military personnel would be illegally sent to our nation. This is terrorism, and the nation of Sekowo is a state sponsor of such. I call upon the esteemed members of the Permanent Council of the CSCO to take decisive action against the nation of Sekowo for attempting to incite violence and to provoke an international military conflict, especially during a time when there already exist many crises that require the attention of many world leaders.

Voronan Foreign Ministry Staff Safely Evacuated
July 1, 3783

It is now safe to say that all Voronan Foreign Affairs Ministry staffers who were working in Sekowo at the Voronan Embassy and Consulate have safely returned home. The plane carrying the Ambassador and the staff finally docked at 3:46 PM this afternoon. This follows the deterioration of diplomatic relations between Vorona and Sekowo, with Sekowo going as far as attempting to declare war on the Voronan home front. President Newbury stated that "such an act would be terrorism." Whereas Vorona was the first to impose sanctions and travel restrictions on Sekowo, Sekowo has been the only nation thus far to provoke an outright war.

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby MarkWill » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:35 am

Nation Celebrates End of Vassal Status
January 18, 3784

Voronan Army troops march in a parade in Godwinchester.

The nation celebrated the end of the vassal state status to Sekowo following the September passage of the Termination of Vassal State Status Act of 3783, which passed unanimously. Truth be told, the nation had already withdrawn as a vassal state following President Newbury's Executive Order 03, but the law ends any case for Sekowan President Li Rio Jin Chika to continue the vassal state status. President Newbury made the following statement.
The nation was unanimous in deciding to terminate Vorona's status as a vassal state to Sekowo. I signed an executive order, and now the Congress has passed the Termination of Vassal State Status with the backing of every member. President Li Rio Jin Chika should end her antagonistic actions and rhetoric against Vorona. I wish to restore previous diplomatic relations between our nations that have unfortunately been paused during the duration of this crisis. While I am uncertain if Vorona and Sekowo can restore original relations under the leadership of President Chika, I hope that someone much more reasonable is elected.

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby MarkWill » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 am

Nation Realizes It's Poor
February 6, 3784

Many were not aware that this is what their country actually looks like.

Many Voronans are going through emotional and psychological trauma following an anonymous group which - overnight- hung thousands of posters showing an aerial view of a poverty-stricken town... in Vorona. This has led to a rise in hospitalizations, suicides, and crime. Many businesses have declared bankruptcy, or were simply set aflame. Textbooks detailing relative mediocre standard of living of Vorona have been burned at massive demonstrations in major cities such as Campham, and Vorenus University, once believed to be prestigious, is now a hotspot of prostitution. Waste litters the streets and people are beginning to realize that they never had a trash service in the first place. Along with physical problems come mental ones. Many now do not know how to read, and they speak in choppy sentences. Incredulously, it now appears that everyone who was above the age of 56 has dropped dead. Churches have also been ransacked and many priests were seen slicing up citizens with swords. In perhaps the worst time imaginable, there was a major earthquake that toppled half the buildings in Godwinchester.

The Godwinchester Telegraph will close its doors following this article, which is to be its last for the time being. President Newbury, other government officials, the Conservative Party, and the entire Cromwell and Newbury families have reportedly fled the nation. Although it has not been verified as to where they were headed (they boarded a private plane which happened to be the only plane in the nation), rumors suggest that Aloria could be the destination of their new home.

Vladivladislavladimir Brzenczyszczykiewiczewiszczykowycki loves Deltaria.

With all the chaos in Vorona, the Vorona Conservative Party officially disbanded and the lack of a functioning government only perpetuated the problems. The military has officially taken over the government of Vorona and the commander, General Vladivladislavladimir Brzenczyszczykiewiczewiszczykowycki, has stated that "das Vorona vill change rapidly, and ve vill all haiel Deltaria. Hail Czarina!." This crazed maniac should now be in control of the 39 million poor souls who reside on the tiny island. As for me, I'm now boarding the plane straight to Aloria. Goodbye!

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby MarkWill » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:54 am

Deltaria to Annex Deltaria Nova
Deltaria Nova News Agency
February 26, 3784

General Vladimir Brzenczyszczykowycki provides some wisdom to the dirt-eating Voronan dogs.

Following the annihilation of all political dissidents and any opposition to the National Front, the Chairman, General Vladimir Brzenczyszczykowycki, looks set to become the next Governor of Deltaria Nova. Secret meetings between General Brzenczyszczykowycki and Her Majesty, Czarina Marazanna I, have successfully led to an agreement in which Deltaria would annex Deltaria Nova and include it as an official state to the Empire; however, Deltaria Nova will also retain some local autocracy. General Vladimir Brzenczyszczykowycki made the following statement.
The Deltarians shall claim dominance over these pathetic "Voronans" who are the scum of this island. They shall be enslaved for her majesty and shall do her bidding. Deltaria shall remain the greatest nation in the world. Hail Czarina! Hail Deltaria!

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby MarkWill » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:47 am

Brzenczyszczykowycki on Bright: "Funny"
March 4, 3783

The great Vladimir Brzenczyszczykowycki.

Following an unknown country's weak response to the powerful Deltarian annexation of Deltaria Nova, General Vladimir Brzenczyszczykowycki responded.
Whoever said that is quite funny. I read the statement, and it was littered with spelling and grammatical errors. Our country is named "Deltaria Nova", not "Delta Nova". Also, Beiteynu will never defeat the glorious Deltaria. Those illegitimate "peace makers" will not step on Deltarian soil, I am sure, without the Czarina unleashing her powerful wrath on the Beiteynu midgets. Those Beiteynu dogs will not land on this island either! Deltaria Nova is part of Deltaria, and stepping on Deltaria Nova is like stepping on the Czarina herself! I will kill every single "peace maker" that steps onto this island before they can say "hail the Czarina, Deltaria, and Vladimir Brzenczyszczykowycki." I suggest to this "pope" that he bow down to Her Majesty, or else he will surely be squished like the Voronan scum on this island will in a few months.

Everyone in the room stood up and gave a ten-minute long ovation to Vladimir Brzenczyszczykowycki. Following the standing ovation, they sang the Deltarian national anthem and did the usual "hails". Once finished, they exited the building and viewed an extraordinary military parade to commemorate the National Front's electoral success.

Union Party (Aloria)
United Luthori - active
MarkWill

Postby Cold » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:01 pm

National Unity Emerges Victorious; Konrad III to Claim Throne?
October 1, 3925

In a lightning fast round of developments, Vorona's national elections produced a clear winner. Typically a maddening affair of irrelevant parties and egotistical independents, a commanding majority was won by the National Unity party. Promising a return to the stability of rule under the Archduchy of House Bavoria, majorities in both the East and the West awarded 210 out of 400 seats to the party. Pointing to high abstentions in regions without NU candidates, analysts suggest that an even larger majority would have been possible if the party had had time to recruit and field more candidates across Vorona.

While the Voronan Constitution prevents any changes to itself without a 2/3rds majority of national representatives, it is widely believed that by the next election cycle National Unity will have enough seats under its control to formally reinstate the monarchy. In the meantime, the present pretender to the Archduchy of Vorona, Konrad III, is serving as party leader and candidate for Head of State. While the unpopular leader Eloi Josep maintained his hold on the position that National Unity wishes to abolish, Konrad III is seen as the favorite to take the seat in the following election.

In related news, the ancestral estate of House Bavoria, Schloß von Bavoria has seen activity in recent days. Shuttered in the many centuries since the fall of the last Bavorian monarch, the long-standing municipal failures across Vorona have made tracking ownership of the property incredibly difficult. However, eyewitnesses report seeing armed guards supervising construction workers, cleaners and other staff moving in and out of the castle.
Cold

PreviousNext

Return to National News