Deltaria

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Governor calls for a new century of Deltarian Activism

Postby kylejenkins27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:44 am

"Our great republic is in peril. We face threats from within and from without. For the first time in decades there have been questions about the legitimacy of the elections. There have been many accounts of foul play and voter intimidation.The missing leaders of the National Party is an attrocity that must be dealt with swiftly. The Illuminati have been blamed as the source of our internal division and I believe their sucess is a result of the ideological division that our nation faces. Both left and right want reforms their way and no other way, I propose we begin moving toward moderate compromise to show the people of this nation that their leaders can agree and can deliver reforms that will please both sides of the aisle. We also still face a threat from our neighbors in Jelbania. We cannot continue down the current path, while we are pursuing positive relations with other nations in the region and abroad we cannot allow the aggressors to the north to continue to threaten our people. I propose we send an ultimatum to the Jelbanian government informing them to reduce their nuclear stockpile and participate in diplomatic negotiations. We have the resources and the ability to restore this nation to its once former greatness I propose we begin on a course for a new century of Deltarian Activism and restore stability and order to the Majatra"

Governor Frank Todd in an address to the National Forum
phpC61C_tmp.jpg
phpC61C_tmp.jpg (20.49 KiB) Viewed 2078 times

Gov. Todd
Demokratychna Delic Partija Deltársko
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Whigs oust Frank Todd

Postby kylejenkins27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:40 am

The Whig Party Board of Directors voted today to remove Governor Frank Todd from the positon of party chairman. There have been increasing calls for Mr. Todd to resign party leadership since Premier Grisby of the DCF resigned leadership of her own party. The Governor has diverged on several occassions from traditional Whig policies. His latest diplomacy with the Jelbanians has been the last straw for the Whig party and they have now removed their leader. Longtime forum majority Whip Ruth Hemmings shall succed Mr. Todd as party chairman. The Whig party has stated that they shall not support Frank Todd for a third term as Governor of the nation yet they have not yet announced support for any other canidate. Ruth Hemmings made this statement concerning Governor Todd:
We
Mr. Todd's leadership has led to the gradual decline of power for our party. Under his leadership we have almost lost our majority status that we have held for over 30 years, we cannot allow him to continue to lead the party down this path of destruction. His radical policies have led to a surge of leftism in the nation and now the so called master of foreign policy is trying to weaken this nation with concessions to the dictatorship in Jelbania. Mr.Todd has displayed cowardly opportunism as leader of our party, he has pushed for true conservatism only when the odds are in his favor but in the face of opposition he chooses to sit idly by while radicals in the Illuminati rig elections and intimidate the honest voters of this nation. The Whig party shall not be lead by a coward.

Newly appointed Chairwoman of the Whig Party Ruth Hemmings
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Recent News

Postby kylejenkins27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:14 am

Deltarian Navy to conduct war games
Governor Todd ordered the deployment of the 3rd Deltarian Naval Fleet to the Aoi Lagoon surronding the newly formed Union of Davostan. Gov. Todd has stated that the fleet shall perform wargames in the Aoi Lagoon in effort to promote naval readiness, the fleet shall remain in the Aoi Lagoon however for intelligence purposes given the governors concerns about the new government in Davostan. The Governor has supported the new democracy in Davostan since its inception and has condemend the rhetoric of the Selucian Empire regarding the reforms taking place in the nation. The government of Davostan has recently began recieving aid from Jelbania, this is said to be the reason for the Governors increased concern. Governor Todd also ordered the deployment of the 4th fleet to the Sea of Majatra to perform wargames there also in the pursuit of naval readiness. The Governors office released this statement:

This increased activism in international affairs by Jelbania is very concerning to the administration. Jelbania is a one party dictatorship that has been hostile to the Deltarian peoples for some time, all nations that seek good relations with Deltaria should caution themselves before becoming invovled with Jelbania. We hope to pursue diplomatic negotiation with the Jelbanian governement to ease our concerns over their goals and motives.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=334750

This move from the Governor was probably motivated by the Whig Party ousting him from leadership calling him a opportunist coward.

Forum to vote on Arms Reduction
Whig leaders in the forum today presented a bill calling for the nation to reduce its nuclear stockpile to 200 missiles just as Jelbania has announced it shall do, this is a huge reduction of 2,000 missiles. The regional arms race may soon be ending yet the tension still remains. This is largely a product of the regional peace effort that has been aimed at ending the regional tension between the MU and anti MU
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... 3&vote=yes

Comprimise the Order of the Day
Leaders in the forum have began a massive push for reform in all areas of Deltarian governement, this comes just after the Governors call for bipartisan compromise to please all Deltarians, those in favor of these bills call them compromise while opposition has viewed the majority of legislation as a swing to the left. This swing however seems to be unstoppable as the conservative domination that lasted for nearly 30 years is over, should the leftist parties succeed the nation may just enter a new progressive era.
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Navy on full alert

Postby kylejenkins27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Governor Frank Todd placed the Deltarian Navy on full alert just hours after ordering the 3rd fleet to the Aoi Lagoon to conduct wargames. The governor recalled the 3rd fleet after Gaduridos deployed its navy on orders to not allow Selucians nor Deltarians to pass, the governor then ordered the 3rd fleet to the South Ocean and to allow no Selucian ships to pass. The wargames to be conducted within the Sea of Majatra shall continue as scheduled according to the governors office.

Foreign Affairs Minister Norton Reynolds released this statement:

We did not seek to offend the government of Gaduridos nor the government of Davostan with the deployment of our fleet to the Aoi Lagoon and that is why we have recalled them, our intent in sending the fleet there was to discourage Selucia from interfering with the new democratic government in Davostan. Deltaria fully supports the legitimate and democratically elected leaders in Davostan and shall continue to support any leaders elected democratically, however we condemn the actions of the imperialist pigs in Selucia who in an attempt to fight against the spread of democracy have attacked the new government in Davostan. We have staitioned our ships in the South Ocean with the orders to not let any Selucian ships pass. We would also like to extend an offer of protection to the Union of Davostan from the Selucian Aggressors. We also condemn those who stand with Selucia in trying to impose the desires of foreigners on the Davostani people. If you support Selucia's rhetoric and actions in this matter then your nation has truly committed a shameful and dreadful thing for the Selucians care nothing of the Davostani people, if they did they would support the legitimate represenatives of the people and not refuse to recognize their legitimacy to only support a tyrannicall oppressive regime that has been defeated.
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

LEADER OF THE NATIONALS LOCATED

Postby Destori » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:01 am

Rattled but still alive, Mr. Richard Campbell has been located following his disappearance several months ago. Picked up from the Alazinder town of Gishesko, the leader of the Nationals was rushed back home to his property outside of the former national capital of Menkask, in Doron Akigo. The Deltarian Daily News Network has been unable to directly contact Mr. Campbell's family, but has been given the following statements:

Mr. Campbell will be returning to the Ministry of Justice upon reinstatement by the National Forum
    Mr. Campbell will also be contesting the next national election to become Governor.
    Mr. Campbell has, in his possession, a list of well known Deltarian's who are members of the growing Illuminati threat.
    Effective immediately, Mr. Campbell will resume his role as Leader of the Nationals.

The News Network has stationed a team outside Mr. Campbell's residence and will continue to update Deltaria on his condition.
Deltarian Liberal Movement - Federal Republic of Deltaria [Inactive]
National Party - Federal Republic of Deltaria [Inactive]
Rutanian Republican Party - Commonwealth of Rutania [Inactive]
Allianz Zentrum - United Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria and Gao-Soto
Destori

NAMES RELEASED, SUSPECTS ARRESTED

Postby Destori » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:31 am

In his first media appearance since being found, the Nationals Richard Campbell has come good on one of his promises and has released today what he calls the 'first round' of names in which he alleges in linked to the Illuminati political group that has risen to prominence in recent years.

Two names stood out from the list given to journalists today, these were Former Deltarian Governor James Tote, who famously lead the Whig Party through some of its strongest showings in recent political history, and, perhaps more surprisingly, the National's own Minister for Environment and Tourism, Mr. Thomas Browne. Mr. Campbell, who has also served as the nation's Minister for Justice has used his sway in his former department to make tentative arrests of these two individuals, as well as many more Deltarian's from across the nation - including Lorraine Waters, the daughter and heiress apparent of electricity magnate Peter Waters and singing superstar Dominique Velasquez.

When questioned as to the connections between these individuals, the Nationals leader remarked quite simply that he had reliable intelligence that each of the persons listed was indeed an Illuminati, claiming that he had spent time at an undisclosed facility for the organisation during his absence.

"They were the ones who took me. Without a doubt. I can only lament that I wasn't able to garner the proper location of where they had held me. Luckily I was able to get this information at least, which is a step forward in prosecuting this dangerously criminal element. These people have not only fraudulently represented themselves and broken the trust of their peers, but have put this nation in great jeopardy. This is the illegal paramilitary that I believe the Illuminati are building - covert operatives placed throughout our nation to tear it down from the inside."

Many of the listed individuals were not available for comment, the News Network unable to reach them before coordinated police raids struck across the country. In a statement released by his office today however, the staff of Minister Browne expressed their 'shock' and 'anger' at the betrayal by the man who had lead the Nationals while Mr. Campbell was missing. The Nationals have since resigned Mr. Browne from his cabinet position and have promised that after a brief inquiry, his staff would be relocated to continue their work in the party.

There is no word yet as to when the matter will precede to the nation's high court, where the individuals charged could have the death penalty if found guilty of treason.

Destori

FEARFUL FORMER GOVERNOR SPEAKS OUT

Postby Destori » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:08 am

Speaking at a university event in Ushalande this week, former two-term Governor of Deltaria, Dr. Christine Cartwright delivered a slamming report on the growing fear that she believes has been created by the increasingly powerful National Party.

"If I were a member of the National Forum today, I would be greatly concerned. There are things happening in Deltaria right now that have run away from legislative approval, as power continues to be gladly handed over to a select few who appear to be nothing more than hazy soothsayers. When I was governor, I presided over a cabinet that held no dominating force. We were a government of equals, a government of representatives coming together to make things work. What we have now has no such merit. The Liberal Party of Deltaria, and later the Liberal Movement both existed to makes things fairer and freer in this nation of ours - and without our influence, I am concerned that the sovereign individual in which we championed has become a thing of the past."

In particular, Dr. Cartwright mentioned the increasing power of the police in Deltarian society, controlled seemingly at the whim and discretion of a few officers.

"Former Minister Campbell," Dr. Cartwright mentioning that fact that since his disappearance, Richard Campbell has held no formal ministerial portfolio "appears to be using our community police forces as a personal army in his crusade against the Illuminati. Based on what, a hunch? I've yet to see the evidence of any wrongdoing."

"This isn't to say that I support the Illuminati, indeed, their policies disgust me. They do, however, have the right to contest their ideas in the political arena - and the government of this nation should not seek to adopt principles essentially identical to that of the Illuminati in order to stop them. That's just insanity."

Questioned about Dr. Cartwright's statements, the Deltarian Minister for Internal Affairs - Ms. Amanda Campbell told the News Network that, "Dr. Cartwright is a spent political force, looking for a reason to be relevant. The Nationals, and the government in which we are apart of is determined to do what it takes to assure national security. If the former governor cannot understand that, then it is for the best that she no longer has any say in our capital."

Former Governor of Deltaria, Leader of the Liberal Party of Deltaria and Chairwoman of the Liberal Movement's Social Liberal Faction Dr. Christine Cartwright
Destori

Whigs to support Nationals in early elections

Postby kylejenkins27 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:02 pm

The Whig party has been shaken to its core after news that the former 3 term Whig Governor James Tote has been implicated in the scandal involving National leader Campbell. Gov. Tote denied all acusations of wrong doing in this public statement:
I am not now and have never been an illuminati. I am disgusted and horrified at the rise of the National Party and this police state agenda they seem to be pushing. Ive been singled out and attacked here for one reason, privately I've always held the belief that Deltaria's membership in the Majatran Union would be the most beneficial thing for the nation and that a unified Majatra would benefit the entire continent, however I have never conspired to further these beleifs because I understand that most Deltarians fundamentally disagree with the ideology of Pan-Majatranism. The nationals have started a witch hunt in this nation for those who support Pan-Majatranism and they masked it as an attack on the Illuminati. While some Deltarians may disagree with the idealogy it is not our place to persecute these people because we disagree with them, thats just not democratic. You cant defend freedom by taking it away from others. The nation would do well to listen to expercienced public servants such as myself and former Governor Cartwright, we must allow the free exercise of democracy and stop this tyranny. I hope the nation will not allow this to continue.
Former 3 term Whig Governor James Tote

This was a striking blow to the Whig Party just months after the party their long time leader and 2 term Governor Frank Todd. Governor Todd has been the leading Whig figure in politics for the last decade and with him ousted the Whigs have announced they shall not run a canidate in the coming elections in light of the current state of the party, the party has instead their support for the National Party in the coming elections. The Whig Party in recent years has taken blow after blow leading to decreasing poll numbers and a huge loss of power. Since the 3180's the Whig have been the majority party in the Forum and the party has lead a conservative governing coalition since the 3190's, thats nearly 50 years now of a stunning hold on majority power that now seems to be coming to an end. While the coming early elections of 3228 may not end the Conservative domination of government the nation seems to be witnessing the end of the Whig era. Proponets and core Whig supporters dont share in this pessimistic view and they believe the Whigs shall once again surge to dominance within the nation. In effor to end the division ripping the party apart newly appointed party chairwoman Ruth Hemmings has launched a massive campign to increase voter communication with Whig officials and to galvanize public support for party policies. Ruth Hemmings has also announced that the Whig party shall spend 482,000 DTE in the coming election to support the National Party

Whig Party Chairwoman Ruth Hemmings
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Whigs turn against National Party

Postby kylejenkins27 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm

The Whig Party which has been the majority party in the nation for over 40 has announced today that they shall no longer support the national party citing differences in opinion on the limits of government power. This news comes after the Whigs, Nationals, and Democratic Federalist failed for two years to pass a conservative coalition cabinet. Whig Leader Ruth Hemmings has recently compared the nationals to the controversial illuminati party. After news of the split the Whigs have decided to support calls from the left to hold new elections, whether the balance of power will be shifted and the Whigs will loose their majority is still uncertain, what is certain is that the Whigs and Nationals once political allies are now advesaries.

After the split the Whig Party has announced that Party Chairwoman Ruth Hemmings will seek the office of Governor in the coming elections.
Ruth Hemmings Chairwoman of the Whig Party
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

Whig Era Ends

Postby kylejenkins27 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:38 pm

Whig Era Over

The Whig Party today witnessed the end to over 40 years of domination. The party lost the title of majority party to their long time rival the Social Anarchist. While Conservatives still dominate the nation the Whigs are no longer the de-facto leader, now the Partija Kontr-Revoljucionerov takes the helm at leading conservatives in the forum and throughout the nation. The broad coalition of support that the Whigs have increasingly counted on in recent years began to fall apart after the election of 3228 and once the Whigs supported calls for an early election in 3230 they endorsed their own fall. Party Chairwoman Ruth Hemmings gave an emotional apology to the people of the nation following the election results. Hemmings who succeded former governor Frank Todd in leading the Whig Party has been widely criticized by many members of the party leadership for her poor management skills and election planning. Hemmings secured the Whig nomination amid intense criticism and skepticism about her electability the office of Governor 48% of Whig voters said they would not consider voting a woman into the office of Governor. In her apology to the nation Hemmings also announced her retirment from Party leadership and she also announced that she will not seek another term as a represenative in the forum, Hemmings has been consistently re-elected to the National forum since 3196.

The failure to agree to a coalition governement over the course of two years is truly inexcusable and this election is the proof. I would like to apologize to all the Whigs and all Deltarians out there for this failure of leadership. As leader of the party I take full responsiblity for this failure and that is why I have decided to resign from leadership of the party. I pushed for Gov. Todd to resign party leadership because of his poor results in the elections and now Ive led the party to worst results than him. Because of political infighting we put brought this nation to a halt and that is truly a shame. I have worked in governement for over 30 years now and I can proudly say I accomplished alot but I feel that now my time is up and perhaps its time for a new ideas from the Whig Party, when I was elected we had nearly 40% of the nation backing us and now we dont even have half of that. I hope the election results will be a wake-up call to the party leadership that it is high-time for change

Ruth Hemmings
Deltarsko Risa
kylejenkins27

PreviousNext

Return to National News